January 5 Happy New Year from Disney

I definitely read that wrong the first two times I read the offer. I read it and thought it was a buy 4/3 and get 2 nights/2 days free (similar to an offer Universal does). I'm not entirely sure the offer is worth it if it's just two extra park days.

I wonder why they advertised this offer prior to release. Any thoughts on this? I do not remember them ever doing this before. Wondering if other offers will come in Jan. 🤔
I wondered this too. I'm not familiar with any other promotions that Disney announced before it was available. Sure, we get "leaks" and travel agent early info, but an announcement from Disney for a promo to-come, is weird. Stranger yet, the promo sucks, and seems geared to the uninformed/novice visitor. Those that don't know that to add an extra day or 2 to your tickets, if you already have a 4 or 5 day ticket, could be like $20.

Last edited:
I have a trip planned for mid-sept. 2 adults, 1 child on an 8-day ticket. This promotion will only save us about $139. Hoping there are better offers coming.

I hind sighted this deal a bit. If you had already planned a shorter stay, say five park days, and then decided to get a three day ticket and used the two day offer to bring you back to five days, you could save about $125. Put four people in a room and your savings is over $500. That's a pretty good amount of savings on a value resort stay. I could look forward to that....

I priced this out for a mid-January trip and it's cheaper to buy a 5-day ticket with the current room-only discount than a rack rate room with 2 free ticket days.

This is exactly our situation, except we have booked a deluxe resort and have 3 in the room. Still thinking it would save almost $400, depending upon booking parameters. Hopefully, we could keep our standard room or the offer would truly be a dud. We are booked toward the very end of this offer at the Poly. I am thinking we will jump on this since there is so much uncertainty this year. Who knows if prices increase or if a room only offer will even be available for brand new Poly rooms post refurb. Might be the best we get.

Well, truly a no go. This offer would add over $1000 to our trip! No standard rooms available. Boooooo!

Okay, suddenly standard is now showing available with this offer! Rebooked original online, saving $439!

I booked this deal this morning for Wilderness Lodge. Got a standard room and saved about $500 over no type of ticket/room discount at all. I'm still hoping for a 30 percent room discount, but I'm still pretty happy.

Last edited:
Just added to our July 17-31 trip with 10 day tickets. Saved us about $200. Good placeholder for now, hopefully a better deal will pop up before July!!

Doing the same regardless of how I feel on this "deal". We have a. July 23rd through August 3rd trip to WL booked. The ticket savings is OK, but really hoping the 30% room discount becomes available for that time frame. That would be a very nice savings!

we are booked at asm for 4/25-4/30,changed from a room only discount to this promotion and saved over 400.00. i didnt think it would save me anything,so glad i checked.

Just with every offer, the math will differ for different groups, families, ect. Just do the math to see what works best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter