January 5 Happy New Year from Disney

zoo2tycoon

DIS Veteran
On January 5 Disney is releasing a new promo. Walt Disney World Resort is offering a special “happy new year” gift to those planning 2021 vacations at The Most Magical Place on Earth. Available to book beginning Jan. 5, 2021, Guests buying non-discounted four-night/three-day room and ticket packages at select Disney Resort hotels for arrivals most nights Jan. 8, 2021, through Sept. 25, 2021, will receive an additional two days of theme park tickets.

Interesting. Looks like it would save us about $400+ for a 5 night, 5 park day stay unless they make you upgrade the room type. Wish it was like the old buy 4, get 3 free, including room. Still think a room only discount would be better with deluxe, but I will take it!

Last edited:
Do we think a price increase will occur about the same time as this offer begins? We already have a 4 night package with 5 day tickets booked for late April. I hate it when a price increase eliminates the advantage of adding an offer to a previously booked package. I don't personally think Disney should be increasing prices any time soon, but I can see where they might feel they have no choice.

So I don't get it. If you book a 4 night package they give 2 extra days on the ticket. What about the resort stay? Do I get 2 extra resort days if not what good are the 2 extra tickets days.:confused3

So I don't get it. If you book a 4 night package they give 2 extra days on the ticket. What about the resort stay? Do I get 2 extra resort days if not what good are the 2 extra tickets days.:confused3
The wording of the offer definitely makes it sound more generous than it is in practicality. However, it is conceivably possible to do 5 park days with only a 4 night stay as long as you are going to a park on both your arrival and departure days. For my family, this offer is very appealing because we were already planning 5 park days and a split-stay 4 nights at Movies and 3 nights DVC rental.

What I'm wondering is if the ticket type they give you will match what you opt for in the package. Like, are the two-day tickets they give you for free park hoppers if you pay for park hoppers for the first three days or do you have to pay to upgrade?

I wonder if you can upgrade previously purchased tickets. We have a trip in March. Staying DVC. The offer is available to DVC as well. We already got our tickets and just purchased 4 days. But this would allow us the choice to go the day we arrive and our "off" day if we want

I wonder if you can upgrade previously purchased tickets. We have a trip in March. Staying DVC. The offer is available to DVC as well. We already got our tickets and just purchased 4 days. But this would allow us the choice to go the day we arrive and our "off" day if we want
Did you purchase the tickets or do you simply have them as part of a package? Previously, it was my understanding that you had to get the package in order to get the deal they're offering and that didn't include previously purchased tickets. But if you've booked the tickets as a part of a package with a DVC room, then you can shift the package to the deal when it is released.

Did you purchase the tickets or do you simply have them as part of a package? Previously, it was my understanding that you had to get the package in order to get the deal they're offering and that didn't include previously purchased tickets. But if you've booked the tickets as a part of a package with a DVC room, then you can shift the package to the deal when it is released.
I don't think you can package a DVC room with tickets when you are using points can you? I booked our room months ago using our points. Then bought tickets separately. I could be wrong though. I don't remember there being an option when I booked the room, but this was my 1st DVC trip so im not sure

I don't think you can package a DVC room with tickets when you are using points can you? I booked our room months ago using our points. Then bought tickets separately. I could be wrong though. I don't remember there being an option when I booked the room, but this was my 1st DVC trip so im not sure
Oh, no, not with points. But when you book direct through Disney you can.

Mark your calendar! Beginning January 5, 2021, can take advantage of a special offer on a room-and-ticket package that gives them more time to experience the Walt Disney World theme parks—where magical moments are waiting for you.
Get 2 extra days added to your ticket when you buy a 4-night/3-day room-and-ticket package at select Disney Resort hotels, valid for arrivals most nights January 8, 2021 through September 25, 2021.
This special package can be booked beginning January 5, 2021. Check back soon to take advantage of this offer!
Want to stay longer? Check about packages for other lengths of stay—and get 2 extra days added to your ticket.
Enjoy added peace of mind when booking! You can modify or cancel your reservation with extra flexibility for arrivals through April 30, 2021. See Important Details.
The health and well-being of our Guests and Cast Members continues to be a top priority and we’ve implemented new measures to promote enhanced cleaning, physical distancing and reduced contact. Learn more about these efforts via the Know Before You Go section below.
The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. 5-day theme park tickets included in this package are valid for admission beginning on date of check-in and must be used within 8 days. Visit disneydestinationstickets.com/usage for more details. To enter a park both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date are required. Theme park reservations are limited and subject to availability. View the park reservation availability calendar.Disney Resort hotel reopening dates are subject to change. See Important Details.
Check back soon to take advantage of this offer. Start booking on January 5!
Know Before You Go
Learn about updated experiences at Walt Disney World Resort.
Important Details
  • Advance reservations required.
  • Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
  • Offer excludes the following room types: 3-bedroom villas, Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort, Cabins at Disney's Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows.

I was really looking forward to a room discount...does anyone think that maybe be a possibility for early June?

I also agree with the previous poster. If I am going for four night what would I use 5 days of parks tickets?:confused3

When this goes live on 1/5 will we be able to add this to an existing reservation online? Does anyone know? Thanks!

Horrible offer. We usually buy an 8-10 day ticket. At that point, it's saving you almost nothing and costing Disney nothing. Holding out for a room discount for sure; or praying for free dining to return. (Not holding breath on that last one for sure).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter