***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

I'm a big fan of Weather NJ/Easter PA Weather Authority. They're usually spot on and earlier they posted that this Wed Night/Thursday morning thing could be just slightly more productive than originally thought and if it is, it could push the weekend storm a little more offshore. So that could put a little more piece of mind out there for you.

Wow it is CHILLY in Orlando! I wasn't expecting it. For those still packing, I brought hats and gloves to wear when we left the parks. We wore layers: t-shirts, sweater, and I brought lightweight jackets. If you're prone to being extra cold or if it's windy, you may want something heavier! I wore jeans but my ankles were exposed and they were cold on the walk back along the monorail resorts after the fireworks. This has me rethinking my packing strategy for January trip #2.

We just returned from our trip last night. Post-Disney blues are hitting us all hard now. I'm considering doing the Wine and Dine half in November, since it lines up with a 3 day school weekend for my son (and we can see the holiday decorations without the crowds!). We're also starting to throw out the idea of moving down permanently (newly remote jobs open up a ton of opportunities). I think we need to wait a while to make sure we're not making an emotional decision on that though.

Wow it is CHILLY in Orlando! I wasn't expecting it. For those still packing, I brought hats and gloves to wear when we left the parks. We wore layers: t-shirts, sweater, and I brought lightweight jackets. If you're prone to being extra cold or if it's windy, you may want something heavier! I wore jeans but my ankles were exposed and they were cold on the walk back along the monorail resorts after the fireworks. This has me rethinking my packing strategy for January trip #2.
how did it feel during the middle part of the day?

Thank you for this weather report! Leaving in 2 days (knock on wood) and I'm still going back and forth on what exactly to pack XD bathing suit and shorts packed right next to thermals and gloves? LOL!

several years ago in Dec we bought fleece jackets to wear over our fleece jackets.
It's supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow and Fri so I'll need short sleeves, but long sleeves for the next week. The luggage is much more stuffed with warm clothes.

how did it feel during the middle part of the day?
Daytime in the sunshine was absolutely lovely. Perfectly fine in jeans and a tshirt. About 5pm I started getting chilly and put my sweater back on. I think our high yesterday about close to 70 degrees F. We got lucky and it didn’t rain during our visit but always something to prepare for!

Also be prepared for stuffy air on rides—they obviously turned off the AC and there’s very little circulation so you may be taking layers on and off all day.

Daytime in the sunshine was absolutely lovely. Perfectly fine in jeans and a tshirt. About 5pm I started getting chilly and put my sweater back on. I think our high yesterday about close to 70 degrees F. We got lucky and it didn’t rain during our visit but always something to prepare for!

Also be prepared for stuffy air on rides—they obviously turned off the AC and there’s very little circulation so you may be taking layers on and off all day.
I did wonder how stores and rides deal with the cold temps since they're usually blasting A/C all day. So no heat, but they shut off the air altogether...interesting. There's heat in the hotel rooms, right?

Well looks like another solo trip for me. My son and his girlfriend were supposed to come with me to celebrate her birthday this weekend. They have covid.

My family trip at the end of the month got turned to solo too. Solo trips are great, but it still is disappointing when you had been looking forward to enjoying time with family or friends. Hope they feel better soon!:flower2::flower2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter