***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

What kind of outerwear do you recommend for evenings? Is a hoodie enough?

may the force be with you when it comes to ROTR.
I'm not sure a hoodie will be sufficient for many. The lows are in the 30's - low 50's most nights for the next 14 days. That's pretty chilly for most people, especially if it's damp. Once the sun goes down the temperatures drop immediately so that's early evening.

You are not crazy. I've been checking TSA waits, flight status, and traffic to the airport every Friday and Tuesday this month. It is helpful to be able to accurately estimate how these things may impact you. That's just called being very prepared 😉
Exactly lol.

right there with you! we usually drive but we have covid canceled flight credit that are use or lose at this point so the flight stress is a new level of fun for this trip!!
Fingers crossed! 🤞🏻

Flying out of CT on Tuesday - weather looks freezing but no snow in the forecast!

I've also been tracking flights from BDL to MCO over the past few weeks - a few minor delays, but NO cancellations!
We are flying out of bdl on Thursday. No snow in the forecast after that for a couple of weeks. Not that I care once we get down there. If we have to stay longer so be it. (Though the cat sitter fee is killing me already.)

Total bummer, hubby woke up unable to bend or put weight on his knee. If it doesn't improve by monday, looks like I'm going solo.

Kinda nervous, never been on a solo trip and feel so weird eating at restaurants by myself lol, but the trip is must go on!

Total bummer, hubby woke up unable to bend or put weight on his knee. If it doesn't improve by monday, looks like I'm going solo.

Kinda nervous, never been on a solo trip and feel so weird eating at restaurants by myself lol, but the trip is must go on!
Taking my own solo trip myself starting next Friday. Sorry about his knee but it could be a blessing in disguise. Solo trips are pretty amazing and as far as the dining thing...your phone is your friend. Also gives you the chance to talk to Cast Members where you might not have in the past.... bottom line..NO COMPROMISING... ;)

I'm not sure a hoodie will be sufficient for many. The lows are in the 30's - low 50's most nights for the next 14 days. That's pretty chilly for most people, especially if it's damp. Once the sun goes down the temperatures drop immediately so that's early evening.
I actually see at 8 am tomorrow it’s 48 degrees… never mind the nights! 😂
I have a solo trip on my bucket list. I think it sounds awesome to go at your own pace and do everything YOU want to do without any negotiating lol. I get the restaurant thing though, but just think of all the amazing people watching you can do! 😂

Taking my own solo trip myself starting next Friday. Sorry about his knee but it could be a blessing in disguise. Solo trips are pretty amazing and as far as the dining thing...your phone is your friend. Also gives you the chance to talk to Cast Members where you might not have in the past.... bottom line..NO COMPROMISING... ;)
I've heard that! It would definitely be nice to have some extended "me" time. Luckily my sister lives a few hours away and may try to come day for 1-2 days so I can get some company. But its gonna be a good trip no matter what.

I actually see at 8 am tomorrow it’s 48 degrees… never mind the nights! 😂

I have a solo trip on my bucket list. I think it sounds awesome to go at your own pace and do everything YOU want to do without any negotiating lol. I get the restaurant thing though, but just think of all the amazing people watching you can do! 😂
I do enjoy people watching in my free time :rotfl2:

Due to potential ICE I changed up my flight to the Saturday before. going to need a different hotel for the two nights extra. It's perfect for peace of mind

After all my health issues in the past 2 years, I have found extra costs are worth it if it means peace and convenience for me. When I was younger I would try to get things done for as little as possible and now, at 33, I'm too old for that nonsense LOL

I think it's because after sunset, you're tired from all the walking.

I'm the same at home! Probably has more to do with my blood sugar or something silly.
(We were at a hockey game on Sunday. It was 17F with a wind. After dark - and before dinner! - on the way back to the car, I was complaining the whooooooole way. The next day, in day light, with the same temps, I went out for a walk NBD)

What kind of outerwear do you recommend for evenings? Is a hoodie enough?

may the force be with you when it comes to ROTR.
Husband and I have been fine with just hoodies. My parents wore jackets tonight. Not heavy, but a jacket none the less.

ROTR was awesome. It was up and running shortly after I posted. We got on in the first group and we're off the ride at 8:36. Loved it so much we bought the lightning lane so we could take my parents tonight, and rode it again! They also loved it.

Not sure which thread to post this question in... We're going the last week of January and in MDE I can see the deluxe extra hours listed for Epcot on 1/31, but not for MK on 2/4. That is our HS day, but we have a mix of APs and park hopper tickets. So as long as I can show the reservation in the app and we have the proper tickets, should I not worry that we'll be able to get in?

Not sure which thread to post this question in... We're going the last week of January and in MDE I can see the deluxe extra hours listed for Epcot on 1/31, but not for MK on 2/4. That is our HS day, but we have a mix of APs and park hopper tickets. So as long as I can show the reservation in the app and we have the proper tickets, should I not worry that we'll be able to get in?
While waiting for an answer here, another thread to check out is the Deluxe Extra Nighttime Hours Thread.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/deluxe-extra-nighttime-hours.3854893/

A little nervous about crowds now that they just extended hours for a bunch of the days we'll be there! Planning on Genie+ for 2, maybe 3 of our days and hoping that will help!

A little nervous about crowds now that they just extended hours for a bunch of the days we'll be there! Planning on Genie+ for 2, maybe 3 of our days and hoping that will help!
Yeah I just saw where next Saturday got pushed from 8 pm to 11 pm in MK. I figured it'd be pretty "dead" (by Disney measures anyway) so I'm kinda nervous about the crowds myself. I was trying to be hard headed and get through the trip without purchasing Genie+, but looks like I might be rethinking those plans.

Waiting now for my flight to Miami to board the Magic tomorrow for a 5 night Marvel Day at Sea Double Dip Castaway. Everyone please send good vibes we will test negative at port tomorrow AM!!! We took a PCR Friday night that was returned negative, and an at home rapid today negative.

We are renting a car for like 8 hours to drive from Miami to Orlando and arrive at WDW Saturday. A lot of moving parts, but really excited for my first stays at Coronado and Yacht Club.

I have been nervous as well, but I gotta be honest I think they're playing around with hours to see what people respond to AND to encourage purchasing Genie+. On a non-Disney community I belong to someone just got back from Disney and I asked how things were down there. He said on Race weekend the wait times were significantly over estimated. They didn't use Genie or LL and he said wait times were often listed at 60 minutes or more and most of the time they were on the ride in 30-40. I do have Genie purchased for this trip, but I'm doing it more as an experiment then necessity. I am a solo traveler going for a shorter trip so it wasn't going to break the bank to budget for this. I totally understand families not doing it though. I probably wouldn't if it were me. I want to see how it works with, let's say moderate crowds, for this trip. I want to know if its actually worth it and how it works. Come my second trip in September its VERY unlikely I will spring for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter