***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

Leaving Saturday also, but driving from PA. We'll stop in GA overnight and will arrive at Saratoga springs around Noon on Sunday.
First time in 6 years that our oldest (25) is able to make the trip with us so hoping all goes well. Nervous about everything going on but have controlled all we can (vaccines, boosters, masks etc).
Fingers crossed!

OMG yes, Same here, doing everything possible, if I would hibernate at home for 3 weeks, I would do that!!!
If I could only control the actions of my adult children to also isolate until the trip in 3 weeks! But then we all have to work

Our family of 8 will be there in 20 days!
January 18-28th.
So excited since we haven't been since 2009.
Trying to stay positive and healthy.
Hoping for lower crowds.

Remember to check your rental car information! We booked a great Alamo rate for late January-early February back in May through Costco. Checked today and prices are even lower for certain companies.

16 days to go and down with the flu. Every year without fail I get the flu before or after our January trip. Even after getting the flu shot. Two negative Covid tests so at least it's not that.

16 days to go and down with the flu. Every year without fail I get the flu before or after our January trip. Even after getting the flu shot. Two negative Covid tests so at least it's not that.
Feel better soon! I'm so nervous to go out anywhere before this trip. I feel like if I'm going to get anything I'd rather it be now instead of closer to the day.

20 days to go! i just looked up my confirmation email for airport transfer on departure! ong they had us booked for 5:50 pick up for a 7:50 pm flight! i almost lost it. change it to 4:30 pick up! that should be enough time right? flying home on a monday

With traffic on a weekday that would have cut it close for my tastes. I generally like to be arrive at the airport two hours before, not leave for it then. There's no telling what exactly the lines will be like on a given day at TSA. Sure they generally know when things trend busier by season or time of day, but what happens if a scanner goes down and it leaves you with less lanes. Nope, earlier is better. And I have pre-check which almost never has a line and I still go early.

Is anyone going to use the free service at MCO where you can schedule your TSA time for your return flight home?

getting a lot of alerts for dining in the last few days. Does anyone think this is due to cancelations? or just usual planning adjustments? I am still hoping for some kind of discount on Deluxe!! ugh rack rate is something I never thought I would do, but I'm content with the room we have so I wouldn't change it at this point. three weeks to go.

getting a lot of alerts for dining in the last few days. Does anyone think this is due to cancelations? or just usual planning adjustments? I am still hoping for some kind of discount on Deluxe!! ugh rack rate is something I never thought I would do, but I'm content with the room we have so I wouldn't change it at this point. three weeks to go.

I'm guessing you're seeing the alerts as people finalize their plans. Some are cancelling trips all together and others are cancelling extra reservations they had as they finetune their plans.

The extended park hours for one of the days during our trip - 1/22/22.
We are arriving that day and won’t be going into the parks.

Attachments

• F32A8D39-D1AE-45D0-8608-1CB46C69E441.jpeg
    F32A8D39-D1AE-45D0-8608-1CB46C69E441.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 25
The extended park hours for one of the days during our trip - 1/22/22.
We are arriving that day and won’t be going into the parks.
OMG yay! I was hoping this would happen for us!! we were going to miss all the extended evening hours!! thanks for the post!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter