• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2016 Discount Code Watch

Ugh again, for my dates the Beach Club is only 15% off :(

We wanted a split stay BC/ MK area hotel and got the Poly for 25%, I'm going to hold off on our BC part and see if AP discounts are any better, and possibly rethink my plans.....

I wavered back and forth between garden wing CR or Poly, finally booked Poly.

I just booked Contemporary Tower TPV Feb 1-9 with the room only discount! YAY!

@katyj26 Is the Contemporary Tower different than the BayLakeTower or are they the same thing? Sorry for the newbie question. This is my first year staying at a "monorail" resort so I'm not as familiar with the terms as other resort areas of Disney.
I am staying in the BayLakeTower villa with 5 people.

Third time was the charm.. It's not as good as the AP when it comes out, but I'll take what I can for now $150 off my reservation because I have deluxe dining and Room only it was only 8%.. AP will be 20%

For the S/P/D does the entire family have to have park tickets? Going in January and DH and I have 3 day from a non expiring ticket. We were going to purchase 1 day ticket and purchase 4 day tickets for the kids. Will this work? Or will I need to purchase 4 day tickets for all of us?

Ugh again, for my dates the Beach Club is only 15% off :(

We wanted a split stay BC/ MK area hotel and got the Poly for 25%, I'm going to hold off on our BC part and see if AP discounts are any better, and possibly rethink my plans.....

I wavered back and forth between garden wing CR or Poly, finally booked Poly.

The CM told me AP will be better for room only, but to get this one just in case... Couldn't argue

I just called and was told no POFQ or CSR for the SPD discount. I had a choice of POR or CBR for 2 adults 3 nights in January, had to buy a min of 3 days park tickets with dining was 1700 something. So I asked what it would be for room only and I was told I could get CSR for room only and with a 1 day park ticket it would be 971.70. It just doesn't make sense for us when I can rent points and get a deluxe room for 3 nights at 504 with 2 day tickets at another 200 so we'll go with renting through a reputable agency.

Last year I started a thread where we determined how the discount worked http://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-calculation.3339097/
Until this goes live on the website I can't dissect it BUT I can tell you it definitely isnt' as good as the SPD last year. At a VERY ROUGH Glance It looks like maybe 50% off on dining with no other discount OR 5% off Room and 40% off dining.
Regardless...The discount from what I can see is definitely worse than last year and for those on the fence of a room only OR SPD discount in past years the better deal this year may be room only however YMMV depending on how you choose to dine.

The CM told me AP will be better for room only, but to get this one just in case... Couldn't argue

Oh good, I even mentioned to my CM that I was hoping the AP discount was better and she said "it very well may be" so fingers crossed!! But I'm glad to have something!

Finally got booked, I think had the slowest CM ever. I added the quick service dining plan to our reservations then did the stay play and dine our bill acutally went up $700 for 10 nights.

@katyj26 Is the Contemporary Tower different than the BayLakeTower or are they the same thing? Sorry for the newbie question. This is my first year staying at a "monorail" resort so I'm not as familiar with the terms as other resort areas of Disney.
I am staying in the BayLakeTower villa with 5 people.
Yes. I am staying in the main tower that the monorail goes through. Bay Lake Tower is the DVC part of the resort. I am staying in the regular resort portion. I specified tower because the Contemporary has a Garden wing too.

Would anyone be willing to post the discounts? For some reason I cannot access the Disney website at work. I'd like to read through them before I call. Thank you!

I couldn't find it on the Disney website. Does anyone have the specifics for the discounts? Is it posted anywhere?

I was told that FQ was excluded for Stay, Play and Dine but available for room only. RM would have saved $ 147 over 7 nights, but I switched to Royal Room at Riverside for SPD.

January 2-9, Caribbean Beach, standard room, Regular Dining Plan, travel insurance
2 adults, 2 children
5-day base tickets, no hoppers
Before discount:4070
With SPD: 3497

So almost $600 savings - I'm pretty happy with that :-) Between SPD, my Disney Visa signup bonus, and manipulating Target/Disney gift cards, we are saving about 30% on the package - pretty excited!!

Edit: Forgot to add tickets!

Last edited:
Yes. I am staying in the main tower that the monorail goes through. Bay Lake Tower is the DVC part of the resort. I am staying in the regular resort portion. I specified tower because the Contemporary has a Garden wing too.

Thank you...I was like 90% sure that is what you meant but just wanted to be sure. Holding out hope for a discount for B.L.T. and crossing my toes!!!

They told me fq was excluded too:(
Thats strange. When I called she gave me a price for SPD which was lower than full price but by only $200 (POFQ) for 7 nights as compared to POR preferred saving $450 for same. I took that to believe that they discounted the dining plan/tickets for POFQ but added in a room discount as well at POR.

Do we know when the Non-Visa holder discounts will be released?

I got a flyer in the mail for a special offer for S/P/D but when I called this morning I was told since I wasn't a disney visa cardholder I'd have to call back monday morning to book (Sept 28)

CBR 3 adults, two kids (14,16) Jan 7-14, preferred room (standard not available) 7 day base tickets S/P/D $4937 Without S/P/D $5962

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter