• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2016 Discount Code Watch

Which Room Only discount are you referring to, I was just told on the phone there is only SPD available?
Disney is not very consistent. On the day that discounts are released many callers often get mixed information. Last year when free dining was rolled out I called to book only to be told that there was no such promotion. I knew better and called back and spoke to a CM who happily applied the changes to my reservation. Call back and try again. If you are told again that there is no RO discount, ask to speak to a supervisor. Confusion on the release date of a discount is typical!!

Disney is not very consistent. On the day that discounts are released many callers often get mixed information. Last year when free dining was rolled out I called to book only to be told that there was no such promotion. I knew better and called back and spoke to a CM who happily applied the changes to my reservation. Call back and try again. If you are told again that there is no RO discount, ask to speak to a supervisor. Confusion on the release date of a discount is typical!!
It is amazing how inconsistent booking can be.
If I'm on the line with a clueless CM, I'll call back. "Oh dear, there's someone at the door. I'll have to call back, Thanks!" ;)

Just got off the phone and I got a room only discount at Port Orleans Riverside. I asked about French Quarter but she said it wasn't included. For a 9 night stay (2 adults, no kids), I am saving about $350. If I went with the SPD, it would have been about a $600 savings off regular price but still almost $900 more than just the room and tickets. I'm not sure we will be eating $900 worth of food so I am happy with what I got!

Booked Caribbean Beach with S/ P/ D
1/16 - 1/23
2 Adults, 3 children (under 9)
Disney Dining Plan (not QS)
Base Tickets for 8 days
$3840

Also Booked my in-laws
Same time and details
$2555

Does anyone know if I can book two room reservations with the one Visa card? I have to do the planning for my in-laws, and they do have their own Disney Visa, but I thought it would just be easier to do it all in one phone call and use mine, I thinking they won't do that though?

Does anyone know if I can book two room reservations with the one Visa card? I have to do the planning for my in-laws, and they do have their own Disney Visa, but I thought it would just be easier to do it all in one phone call and use mine, I thinking they won't do that though?
Yes, you can book two rooms with one card. I did it for my in-laws.

Ugh, and just went through the whole spelling my name, etc. etc. just to be disconnected and get a busy signal. Boooooooo!

Also wanted to mention once I got through the automated system which was surprisingly easy, I only had to wait 2 minutes to talk to someone

:) I typically use my standard quote of "oh dear, there's so much static. I'm going to have to call you back. I'm terribly sorry!!"
It is amazing how inconsistent booking can be.
If I'm on the line with a clueless CM, I'll call back. "Oh dear, there's someone at the door. I'll have to call back, Thanks!" ;)

I just applied for and was approved for a Disney Visa. I was able to book a package right away online using the Visa. Now I'm on hold to see if they can apply the SPD discount. Hopefully it will work. Changed from ASMovies to Pop, which I've heard is better anyway.

They're playing the Indiana Jones music on hold, lol. Love it!
Edit: Now Haunted Mansion music!

Someone has said on facebook page, weekends are excluded from the room discount in Jan & Feb, anyone know if this it is correct?

Ugh.. thats 2 bad CMs in a row... I was just told there is no room only discount.. Pulled the "Im sorry I can hardly hear you trick"

I hate booking on the phone. Do you think the deal will be available online (before general public)?

Just called and got, "There are no discounts available for 2016 yet but call back later".

I just said, "Ok, thanks. I'll try again," and then hung up.

It's been 5 minutes, that's later. Right? :rolleyes1

Would anyone be willing to post the discounts? For some reason I cannot access the Disney website at work. I'd like to read through them before I call. Thank you!

End of January, 11 days and 10 nights at Pop Century, 10 day park hopper tickets, Regular Dining Plan, 1 adult traveler using the Disney Visa. I saved $191. If you're doing the QS dining plan the savings may be different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter