• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2016 Discount Code Watch

For anyone that's booked SPD this morning, does it seem consistent with last year's discount? I have a Disney visa but I can't call because my children are here and it's a surprise. The waiting is killing me!

Going to be interesting to see how they release them. Free dining you were able to alter reservations online about 5 hours before the phones opened. We haven't seen an early Visa promotion in a while, I doubt that they will start now. Looking forward to knocking about $600 off my reservation.
Don't worry.. I'll serve my own crow
DAfl3zf.png

If you've already booked and made ADR's, will applying the discount mess up the ADR's?

I am staying at Bay Lake Tower (non-DVC) for Marathon weekend and so I see that these Visa discounts do not apply. I receive emailed specific pins almost every time they come out though since I only go to Disney every few years. Do you think pins (if they come soon) will include Bay Lake Tower?

POFQ! SPD January 31-February 5. All views were available. She also said room only discount is available.

Grrrrr! When I called, the CM told me that FQ was not included at all! So now I have to pay more at Riverside for a garden view, at a resort that I didn't want. Not thrilled.

I just got off the phone with Disney Reservations and there are no room only discounts just yet such as AP or FL-Res even for Disney Visa. Congrats to those booking SPD this morning, now cmonnnnnn Room only. We're still waiting for ya.

If you've already booked and made ADR's, will applying the discount mess up the ADR's?

I do not believe ADRs are tied to the room in that way, they are just tied to your MDE account. For example: You can book an ADR if you live in Florida and are not staying on site.
Someone else can confirm if what I am saying is correct.

No, your ADRs are separate from your resort reservation . If your reservation confirmation number changes you may have to link them, but even now that's becoming automated.

I do not believe ADRs are tied to the room in that way, they are just tied to your MDE account. For example: You can book an ADR if you live in Florida and are not staying on site.
Someone else can confirm if what I am saying is correct.
You are correct, ADR's are not tied to the room. Lots of offsite and locals book restaurants, just as you point out. :goodvibes

I am a Disney Visa reward card holder. I had the SPD deal applied to my reservation and I must say I was not IMPRESSED AT ALL!! I am staying 9 nights and it only saved me $ 326.07. In the past I have stay 7 or 8 nights and I have saved almost $500 each time! Looks like Disney is slowly giving less discounts as time goes on

Gahhhh ok, thank you.. I must have had a bad reservations CM... Calling back now
Yeah. Sometimes I have gotten those and I seem to know more than they do. This time I had a great one! Though she did tell me i was the easiest reservation she had ever made because i was so prepared. I know this drill! lol

Just got the SPD applied to our current reservation in the Finding Nemo room at AOA. Saved just under $400...not as good as FD, but I'll take it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter