January 2012 Car Rentals

We arrive on Saturday 1/14 but not until 5pm - we leave the following Friday and drop off at 9am. Right now my rate is $75 for a standard size for the week!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up - my Alamo rate just dropped another $5 in the last couple hours.

Ok, so it looks like my rate is so high because I'm picking up on a Saturday? A day earlier or a day later and the rate is significantly less.

So, if I make a res for 11:30pm on Jan 20, and don't show up until 3:00pm on Jan 21, what happens at that point? Will they honor my res/rate? It's seriously less than half the price - $85 vs $211. I don't know that I'd actually do it...what if I lost out on the car because of it?

I guess I'm just cranky because I makes no sense to me (I'm sure that Alamo has a reason.)

If you're a AAA member, try Hertz.

Use "AAA" for the CDP code to get the AAA discount rates.
Use "163623" for the PC code to get the $50 coupon.

Looks like it's $120 after all fees for a Full Size.

Just wanted to mention to watch those 1/2 hours too. If I put in pick up at 11:30AM the rate is higher, but if I put in my pick up at 12:00PM the rate drops, so you can move that 30 minutes around to see if that effects your rates too. I try to stay on the hour as that seems to always give me the best price.....I know it sounds crazy, but it does make a difference sometimes.

Nope, trip is 7 days. And the rate is less one day before AND one day after, so a longer or a shorter rental period. I can only assume higher demand on Saturdays makes the rate higher??

Thanks, but I have looked at other rentals and actually have a rental booked through budget for $115 for an intermediate. I was just really hoping to get an alamo rental, and to break that $100 mark!

Thanks again for everyone's help.

I don't think a Saturday pickup has any bearing on the rate. There seems to be something "special" about the 21st. I did a few dates on Saturdays and nothing compares to the rate for picking it up on the 21st. I would give them a call and see what is so special about Jan. 21st. It drops again on the 22nd. If you could take ME on the 21st and return on the 22nd (I know a major pain), then you would get a pretty good rate. Again, I would call and express my displeasure. You never know what can happen.

Yeah, what is the deal with this? I leave on Saturday 12/21 and my rate would be $280, if I leave a day earlier and the rate is $90. I have been singing the praises of Alamo for years but if this doesn't change I'll be changing my tune. I've never seen anything like this.

Leaving where? Your home or Orlando? What are your dates. I am showing low rates for returns on the 21st. The only weird thing is picking up on the 21st. Again, I advise calling them. There could be some reason or a computer glitch.

If you're a AAA member, try Hertz.

Use "AAA" for the CDP code to get the AAA discount rates.
Use "163623" for the PC code to get the $50 coupon.

Looks like it's $120 after all fees for a Full Size.

Well this got me down to $142, thanks for that. Where can I get a printable copy of this $50 off coupon? I've never used Hertz at MCO before and I want to cover all my bases.

We arrive on Saturday 1/14 but not until 5pm - we leave the following Friday and drop off at 9am. Right now my rate is $75 for a standard size for the week!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up - my Alamo rate just dropped another $5 in the last couple hours.

Thanks! my National rate just dropped too. I'm picking up on Jan. 18th and returning on Jan. 28 -- 11 day rental. Paying $170 total, which is great! I think before the taxes were added it was $103 after discounts/coupons. It can't possibly go any lower. I think my base rate is now $112 a week.

Thanks! my National rate just dropped too. I'm picking up on Jan. 18th and returning on Jan. 28 -- 11 day rental. Paying $170 total, which is great! I think before the taxes were added it was $103 after discounts/coupons. It can't possibly go any lower. I think my base rate is now $112 a week.

If you hop over to Alamo (same company, same cars) you can get a full size for your dates for 160.14 out the door. It is an insider's deal using coupon AD2739NNF. Base rate: 100.07, free extra driver, insider discount plus 30.00 off for the week.

If you're a BJ's member, use Alamo ID 7014696 and $40 coupon AD8Z21SDB.
Looks like that makes it $90 base and $148 total.

(If you're not a BJ's member, just get a free 60 day trial: http://www.bjs.com/savings.content.springmap11.D)

If you're a BJ's member, use Alamo ID 7014696 and $40 coupon AD8Z21SDB.
Looks like that makes it $90 base and $148 total.

(If you're not a BJ's member, just get a free 60 day trial: http://www.bjs.com/savings.content.springmap11.D)

Thanks for crunching my numbers. I checked them and got $152 for a full size with Alamo and my $170 full size (Exec. Aisle) with National, so would definitely stick with National for the extra $18. I'm an Executive Aisle member and need my 40 rental days a year to maintain the status. We love to choose from either the Emerald Aisle or the Executive Aisle. However, when Alamo is substantially lower, I have choosen them over national. Plus we have at least 4 weeks before we go, so who knows, it may go even lower, if that's possible.

My rate just dropped again today. So excited to get an 8 day rental from Alamo for under $100 ($99.71) using a VISA code and coupon. :banana:

Last year we took the ME to our resort and then made reservations at the National Rent a Car on property (they pick you up). It saved us the airport taxes which helps. You can rent there and then do a drop at the airport instead of bringing to back to the rental center on property. Also try the website - retailmenot.com. They have coupons for all kinds of items.

Good Luck! I'm jealous as I'm dying to go back.

Update: The $50 coupon is no longer seen on that link.

It is now seen on Hertz main deals page: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/spec...e=specialOffersPerCategoryView.jsp&Category=Q

Obviously *NOT* tied to AAA... so everyone can use it (with whatever CDP code you qualify for).

Sounds good, but, be sure to read the "fine" print. It might not be able to be combined with some CDPs.

Terms and Conditions: Advance reservations required. Modifying your reservation may result in a change in your rate and/or invalidate this offer. Subject to availability, this offer is redeemable at select Hertz Airport locations in the U.S, Canada, and Mexico for the rentals of Economy through Full Size and small SUV. Offer not available in the NY Metro Area or Hawaii. This offer has no cash value, may not be used with Corporate Rates, Pre-pay Rates, Tour Rates, Insurance Replacement Rates or Hourly Rentals and cannot be combined with any other certificate, voucher, offer or promotion. Hertz age, driver, credit and qualifying daily, weekly and weekend rate restrictions for the renting location apply. Taxes, tax reimbursement, age differential charges, fees and optional service charges, such as refueling, are not included. Discounts in local currency on redemption. Offer valid for vehicle pickup from 12-10-11 through 2-11-12.
http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/q-9291508/save-$10-per-day-up-to-$50-on-a-rental-special-offer10daymax50ap

My rental went down $20 but it's still $368 for Jan 22 - Feb 2. :confused: I really was prepared for it being this much. Think it will go down before we leave??

I'm excited as the rates dropped again for us! We are now at $96.37 for 8 days! (Jan 20-28 pickup at MCO and return to TPA)

My rental went down $20 but it's still $368 for Jan 22 - Feb 2. :confused: I really was prepared for it being this much. Think it will go down before we leave??

Not sure what size vehicle you are looking for but full size with Alamo using Costco ID 7015309 and AD4027JDO for $40 off the total inc taxes is $188.72

Not sure what size vehicle you are looking for but full size with Alamo using Costco ID 7015309 and AD4027JDO for $40 off the total inc taxes is $188.72

I am looking for a full size. We're flying into Sanford though so will that make a big difference with the price dropping?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter