January 2012 Car Rentals

My rate just dropped AGAIN. Midsize went down to $76 for my dates! For $4 more, I upgraded to a Full Size. Woo hoo!!!

or i have budget giving me 302.04 for a standard SUV and Alamo giving me 298.97 for a ford fusion for 1 week....jan 23 - 30th

not sure if that is good or not....but i entered the codes i found on here...will my res. go down or will i need to create another res. each time the rates go down? I have not paid anything yet...nor will i until i find an awesome deal

Yes, it is all confusing! Thanks to all the help from the great people on this board, I've finally found a terrific rate. I plugged in your dates as well at Alamo. First of all, you need to join Alamo Insiders, then use that membership number. Then, add the Costco ID 7015309 in the ID section. Then, add coupon code AD4027JDO.

Play around with the pickup and drop-off times. A change of just 30 minutes can actually make a real difference. (Why??)

For a midsize with your dates and these codes, I just got $73 including all taxes and fees! I'd make a new reservation and cancel the old ones.

Hope this works for you!

Yes, it is all confusing! Thanks to all the help from the great people on this board, I've finally found a terrific rate. I plugged in your dates as well at Alamo. First of all, you need to join Alamo Insiders, then use that membership number. Then, add the Costco ID 7015309 in the ID section. Then, add coupon code AD4027JDO.

Play around with the pickup and drop-off times. A change of just 30 minutes can actually make a real difference. (Why??)

For a midsize with your dates and these codes, I just got $73 including all taxes and fees! I'd make a new reservation and cancel the old ones.

Hope this works for you!

Thanks for your advice. I booked a full size for 93 including taxes anf fees for Jan 5- 12!

or i have budget giving me 302.04 for a standard SUV and Alamo giving me 298.97 for a ford fusion for 1 week....jan 23 - 30th

not sure if that is good or not....but i entered the codes i found on here...will my res. go down or will i need to create another res. each time the rates go down? I have not paid anything yet...nor will i until i find an awesome deal

You can get a full size for $133.58 incl taxes after $30 coupon is applied when return vehicle with Budget. Use Costco ID W852802 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off.

I thought i posted this before, but I don't see it, so apologies if this is a double post.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong - I am seeing people with weeks surrounding and overlapping mine (Jan 21-28,) getting great rates, like near or less than $100, from alamo. Even with my insiders #, Costco code 7015309 and coupon AD4027JDO, I'm still getting in the neighborhood of $200. The lowest is $183 for economy and standard is $211.

What am I doing wrong? I saw a few posts back about changing the times. I assume that I can only change the times around so much, right? If my flight doesn't land until around 3pm, I can't put in that I want the car at 3am, right?

Any advice is greatly appreciated...I really want to rent a car, but only if I can get it for $100 or less.

TIA!!!

I thought i posted this before, but I don't see it, so apologies if this is a double post.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong - I am seeing people with weeks surrounding and overlapping mine (Jan 21-28,) getting great rates, like near or less than $100, from alamo. Even with my insiders #, Costco code 7015309 and coupon AD4027JDO, I'm still getting in the neighborhood of $200. The lowest is $183 for economy and standard is $211.

What am I doing wrong? I saw a few posts back about changing the times. I assume that I can only change the times around so much, right? If my flight doesn't land until around 3pm, I can't put in that I want the car at 3am, right?

Any advice is greatly appreciated...I really want to rent a car, but only if I can get it for $100 or less.

TIA!!!

Using the Costco link and Low Price Finder you can get a compact with Budget for $114 inc taxes.
http://www.costcotravel.com/#11_rentalCars

The price of our car rental dropped by $20 as well. We're now down to $185 for a 2 week period. So happy that we finally broke the $100/week threshold.

Has anyone done price line for your January trip I'm thinking of it. Right now i have a full size car for 9 days Tampa pick up drop off at mco for $203.00 that's with a $50 coupon plus the Costco code as well. hoping I can do better with price line? I guess I my price didn't drop because my pick up is in Tampa?

Using the Costco link and Low Price Finder you can get a compact with Budget for $114 inc taxes.
http://www.costcotravel.com/#11_rentalCars

Used bcd w852857 and coupon mugz037 both from Costco travel noted by webworm and with a 3 pm pick up time you Get 114 compact or 115 for mid size. Remember budget's website shows the pre-coupon price so you'll need to take the $30 coupon off the total plus a couple bucks for the decrease in taxes or book through costco's website to see the actual total.

My National rental car just dropped this evening. I'm paying a total of $178 for 11 days using the Executive Aisle. I'm thrilled with the new price. Glad to see it drop this far out. The last time I went (Oct) it didn't drop until just days before I was due to leave. I used the new National coupon for $35 off (ND8598AAP)

Orlando Sanford is the air port we will be picking the car up from and the Alamo website won't let me put it in there...but if I call it will let me choose Orlando Sanford. Can I use the Costco ID over the phone?

Orlando Sanford is the air port we will be picking the car up from and the Alamo website won't let me put it in there...but if I call it will let me choose Orlando Sanford. Can I use the Costco ID over the phone?

You can just enter the airport code SFB or click on find locations and under florida go down to sanford which is the airport location.

thanks for all the tips on the board!!! I booked a midsize through Alamo for Jan 29 - Feb 5 for $85 (including fees)!!! I guess it's time to cancel my $168 budget rental! I love, love, love saving money!

Ok, so it looks like my rate is so high because I'm picking up on a Saturday? A day earlier or a day later and the rate is significantly less.

So, if I make a res for 11:30pm on Jan 20, and don't show up until 3:00pm on Jan 21, what happens at that point? Will they honor my res/rate? It's seriously less than half the price - $85 vs $211. I don't know that I'd actually do it...what if I lost out on the car because of it?

I guess I'm just cranky because I makes no sense to me (I'm sure that Alamo has a reason.)

Ok, so it looks like my rate is so high because I'm picking up on a Saturday? A day earlier or a day later and the rate is significantly less.

So, if I make a res for 11:30pm on Jan 20, and don't show up until 3:00pm on Jan 21, what happens at that point? Will they honor my res/rate? It's seriously less than half the price - $85 vs $211. I don't know that I'd actually do it...what if I lost out on the car because of it?

I guess I'm just cranky because I makes no sense to me (I'm sure that Alamo has a reason.)

Car rentals are based on demand and supply so they will either cancel your reservation or adust the rate accordingly to the actual date and pickup time. What are your actual dates and times. I assume Jan 21st @ 3PM is your pickup but what is your return date and time?

Is your trip actually a four day trip and an earlier pickup makes it five ( 5 considered a week)?

I don't know why your price is so high but I can tell you not to do that. They will cancel your reservation as they'll view it as a no show. You'll be charged whatever the going rate is that day for a car, which most likely will be much higher than if you reserve it now. They only time they won't do so, is if you put your flight number on the reservation and they can see that the flight is delayed. They give some leeway for that.

Have you looked at other car rental places besides Alamo? I just ran your dates through Kayak and you can get a compact with Payless for $109 including taxes & fees or a compact with advantage for $123.

My return is Jan 28 (also a Saturday, but that doesn't seem to matter as far as rate goes) at between 1 and 2 pm. I've also put in the return time as 3:00pm to see if making it a full week mattered, it didn't.

BTW - I did book the Budget rate you posted for me a couple of days ago, but was still hoping to break that $100 mark. If I don't it's not the end of the world. Thank you for your help!!! :)

Is your trip actually a four day trip and an earlier pickup makes it five ( 5 considered a week)?

Nope, trip is 7 days. And the rate is less one day before AND one day after, so a longer or a shorter rental period. I can only assume higher demand on Saturdays makes the rate higher??

I don't know why your price is so high but I can tell you not to do that. They will cancel your reservation as they'll view it as a no show. You'll be charged whatever the going rate is that day for a car, which most likely will be much higher than if you reserve it now. They only time they won't do so, is if you put your flight number on the reservation and they can see that the flight is delayed. They give some leeway for that.

Have you looked at other car rental places besides Alamo? I just ran your dates through Kayak and you can get a compact with Payless for $109 including taxes & fees or a compact with advantage for $123.

Thanks, but I have looked at other rentals and actually have a rental booked through budget for $115 for an intermediate. I was just really hoping to get an alamo rental, and to break that $100 mark!

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Yeah, what is the deal with this? I leave on Saturday 12/21 and my rate would be $280, if I leave a day earlier and the rate is $90. I have been singing the praises of Alamo for years but if this doesn't change I'll be changing my tune. I've never seen anything like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter