• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jan 2010 Code Watch

If you only want/need a room at the Inn you can book direct through Disney by calling, it's what I normally do. When you get a CM just ask for a AAA room at whatever INN your looking at, you may have to choose another INN but they usually have rooms. And if a better rate come along ylou just call and modify you ressie to whatever rate you like better.

Thanks! I was hoping for a room only to apply to my MYW package. I got a quote from AAA and it was less than what I am paying thru Disney so if they don't come out with something besides rack rates I will just cancel my booking with Disney travel and go with AAA.

BTW-I have to say I was kinda giggling when I read the April board and they were getting really mad b/c there was no discount out "this late" for their April trips. Here we are looking at WEEKS and nothing, zero, zilch.:confused:

I understand the frustration all the way around though and hope Disney comes out with SOMETHING for everyone going the beginning of the year SOON! pixiedust:pixiedust:

BTW-I have to say I was kinda giggling when I read the April board and they were getting really mad b/c there was no discount out "this late" for their April trips. Here we are looking at WEEKS and nothing, zero, zilch.:confused:

I understand the frustration all the way around though and hope Disney comes out with SOMETHING for everyone going the beginning of the year SOON! pixiedust:pixiedust:

I know. I want to say, people, us folks for January haven't even gotten a code yet and you're complaining about December 2010!

Do folks not realize we Jan/Feb are still waiting!

I do wonder if we will see any codes. I talked with a CM about the lack of AP codes a couple of months ago when I emailed and he called my home. I complained that the 4/3 was released for 2010 before AP/Fl codes. He said that this year they will be doing things differently in terms of releasing codes and promotions. He didn't go into detail, so now I'm wondering, was he actually touching on the truth. After the call I just said, whatever, but now I'm thinking, Oh No!

Maybe today is the day!

I'm wondering if they are offering pkg discounts with pins to AP instead of room only so they get you tied into a more expensive trip.

Have all of you called the reservation line to see if a code is attached to your name? Also, don't wait to book the AAA rate because there are a limited number available. (at least that's what I was told)

Just a suggestion to those of you who are frustrated. Just book the room that you will be happy with for now and if a better discount becomes available think of it as a gift. Stop being so obsessed with worry about a room. Save your worries for the the matters in life that really count. After all, this is supposed to be fun vacation planning!

Have some fun!

I'm wondering if they are offering pkg discounts with pins to AP instead of room only so they get you tied into a more expensive trip.

Well, I have to wonder about the PIN thing b/c I checked yesterday and BAM! pin code email. The one that runs thru Dec. 2010. I called and was able to upgrade to a Deluxe and add Deluxe dining for only a few $$ more than what I was paying. They DID get me to pay more-not much-but more. :)

I didn't see a thread started for January, so I thought I'd get one started. Here's to hoping and praying to some great codes and pins!

Tony :cool2:

I got a Disney rewards PIN code OIZ for 1/1/2010 to 2/11/2010 that is 40% off rack rate where you need to book by 11/30/2009.

I booked my son and I at CBR Pirate room for the first week of January.

My wife is taking our twin girls to the American Girl store in Atlanta for that time. This is our rebel guy's revenge for leaving us out. Aaaargh Matey.

Oh also through 1/3/2010 Pirates League had all packages 50% off for resort guests. So I signed my son up for that as well. Here is the link to allears search for Pirate: http://allears.net/news/hnews.htm

Since we are a family of 5 we would never be able to stay at CBR except for this great opportunity.

Yes, the Disney Visa code for 40% off moderates is an excellent deal. However, if you want to add dining, you have to buy a base ticket. Most AP holders try to avoid this if they can. Only with the AP pin or AP code can you add the ddp without having to buy that base ticket. I was one of the folks who did luck out and get the AP pin and added dining. Even with the pin, the discount is not as great as past years, so I guess we are hoping for a better discount than what the pin offers. We are certainly spoiled when it comes to discounts for sure. I would still love to see free dining offered for Jan/Feb, but since it's fast approaching, I think that is just wishful thinking (in that case I don't mind buying the one day base ticket). I have been an AP holder since 1995 and this is the latest I've ever seen a Jan/Feb release of room discounts. I did get the email this week outlining all of the new discounts for AP holders (actually I got SIX emails since we are a family of 6 AP holders -- different email addresses). Hopefully ALL AP holders here got this email, because if you didn't then they do not have your email address, so you will not be seeing an email pins for AP holders. Check your Disney profile to make sure that AP information is on your profile to ensure you don't miss anything!

Yes, the Disney Visa code for 40% off moderates is an excellent deal. However, if you want to add dining, you have to buy a base ticket. Most AP holders try to avoid this if they can. Only with the AP pin or AP code can you add the ddp without having to buy that base ticket. I was one of the folks who did luck out and get the AP pin and added dining. Even with the pin, the discount is not as great as past years, so I guess we are hoping for a better discount than what the pin offers. We are certainly spoiled when it comes to discounts for sure. I would still love to see free dining offered for Jan/Feb, but since it's fast approaching, I think that is just wishful thinking (in that case I don't mind buying the one day base ticket). I have been an AP holder since 1995 and this is the latest I've ever seen a Jan/Feb release of room discounts. I did get the email this week outlining all of the new discounts for AP holders (actually I got SIX emails since we are a family of 6 AP holders -- different email addresses). Hopefully ALL AP holders here got this email, because if you didn't then they do not have your email address, so you will not be seeing an email pins for AP holders. Check your Disney profile to make sure that AP information is on your profile to ensure you don't miss anything!

Nope, I never get anything from disney. They have my email address and it is correct. I get my ressie confirmations from disney destinations and that is all I get. I have signed up for everything on the disney site. And it really irks me that I don't get anything from the AP site. I visit it all the time.

Nope, I never get anything from disney. They have my email address and it is correct. I get my ressie confirmations from disney destinations and that is all I get. I have signed up for everything on the disney site. And it really irks me that I don't get anything from the AP site. I visit it all the time.

Did you register your AP when you purchased it on the AP website? Under benefits? And from there you are directed to log into the disney website again and undate your profile. Don't rely on a CM to do it for you when calling or in person.

"Stay up-to-date on all of the benefits and special offers Passholders receive throughout the year:
A complete list of benefits and special offers will be available at all Theme Park Guest Relations locations.
Check out the Mickey Monitor newsletter, mailed in February, May, August and November, for additional benefits and program updates. (Only one newsletter per active Passholder household is mailed within the U.S. and Puerto Rico.)
Visit Disneyworld.com/passholder for the latest Passholder information.
Register on Disneyworld.com and receive special Passholder e-mails. "

I spoke with a CM yesterday about AP rates she told me they would be out next week..... they have been saying that for a while tho

I spoke with a CM yesterday about AP rates she told me they would be out next week..... they have been saying that for a while tho

Sure they will.....:happytv: They are obviously having a good time messing with people lately!

I got an email from Disney yesterday with a pin code for discounts on rooms Dec 25-Jan 2 which was exactly what I was waiting for. I was so excited!! This is the first time I have ever recieved a pin code.

Kim

Here they are giving pin codes for Christmas week which is traditionally the busiest time and prime rates and NO AP discounts for Jan. Geeze Disney what's up? My DH and I have bought AP's for the last 15 years or so (get 2 10 to 15 day trips out of each AP) but we are not going to buy them for our trip in Jan. Our TA can get us discounted tickets (max 8 days) so we may just skip the parks for several days and DH can play some off site golf. If the economy was good and they weren't handing out scads of pin codes (including codes for select AP holders) and didn't have the 4/3 offer, I wouldn't feel that AP discounts should be offered. But why skip this group?

They'll do it sometime like Thanksgiving day or Black Friday, when people are otherwise occupied. I am beyond frustrated at this point. No AP and no Florida Resident discounts. I can't get a PIN no matter what I do (I've tried every trick ever posted on the DIS, and registered until I have useless Disney emails coming out my ears, and NO PIN!). If I can't get a good rate in January, that will trickle down to going somewhere cheaper on the subsequent vacations next year. I don't afford four weeks a year at Disney by paying rack rate! :headache:

Come on, Disney! Can you hear us?

They'll do it sometime like Thanksgiving day or Black Friday, when people are otherwise occupied. I am beyond frustrated at this point. No AP and no Florida Resident discounts. I can't get a PIN no matter what I do (I've tried every trick ever posted on the DIS, and registered until I have useless Disney emails coming out my ears, and NO PIN!). If I can't get a good rate in January, that will trickle down to going somewhere cheaper on the subsequent vacations next year. I don't afford four weeks a year at Disney by paying rack rate! :headache:

Come on, Disney! Can you hear us?
They must like me this week I got 2 pin codes from saving my trips i'm pricing out. I am an AP holder but I honestly think these are just anybody pin codes i've gotten.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter