I've gotta ask: School Dances?

Kellybelly777

Time to Start planning next year's trip? Why yes,
Ok this might be a quickly dying thread but I have to post anyway...

Whats the deal with school dances at your school?

I feel like everyone I ever talk to just says dances are lame and boring.

At my school, my friends and I think it's a lot of fun. We love dancing and just fooling around. People always think I'm weird when I say it, but isn't the best part of dances being a little more crazy than you get to be on a day to day basis?

Sorry if no one cares, but this has been driving me CRAZY lately!!! I can't be the only one who gets excited for dances right?

I didn't like school dances in middle school. They were the dumbest thing ever. And, when I finally got to 8th grade- when we have the cool 8th grade dances, they decided to make 7th grade and 8th grade share their dances. So I never went to them. I went to every single one in 7th grade though, even though they weren't fun.

High school dances are supposed to be much better, because you get to dress up for them and you actually dance! Not just do the cha cha slide over and over again. Homecoming for us is October 8th, and that's the only dance 9th and 10th graders can go to, so we're all pretty excited. I got my dress this past weekend :-)

I remember when I was in middle school thinking those dances were so awesome but looking back that was probably just cause it was the cool new thing. High school dances though are so awesome. I totally look forward to them because I get to get all dolled up and girly (something I almost never do) and just have a ton of fun with my friends actually dancing. I just had my homecoming this past Saturday and it was the best dance I've ever been to...if I could relive it I totally would!!!

I think Middle school dances were more fun than the high school dances honestly I haven't been to a high school dance in over a year. I went to homecoming my Freshman year and it just wasn't as fun as I imagined it would be. I liked getting a pretty dress and all but overall it wasn't the greatest dance. Last year at homecoming I heard the speakers blew out, and there was no music and tons of things went wrong so it didn't sound very fun... I'm hoping to go with a certain someone this year but he goes to another school and our schools known for handing out slips for students from other school to come and then deciding that no one but people from our school can go. When that happens a bunch of people boy-cott since it's not very cool that they would do that.

i have a love hate for school dances. i looove hanging with my friends and listening to loud music, and jumpin/fistpumpin. however, 90% of kids at my school grind and dirty dance. it's disgusting to watch and the teaches don't do ANYTHING!!! and this year our student council spent 5k on the dj and his 'special deluxe package' it was a little too much, but our homecoming's gonna be on oprah... something bout extreme school dances. we wnet all out this year.

In our school we don't get an official 8th grade (which is crap) but we have 4h dances which are pretty fun I find I am the only one dancing so I can't wait for high school dances but I love dancing and dances

All anybody at my school does is grind. That's not something I wanna be doing so I just don't go to any dances. It doesn't ever sound like I'm missing out on a lot by not going. That's just my opinion though.

All anybody at my school does is grind. That's not something I wanna be doing so I just don't go to any dances. It doesn't ever sound like I'm missing out on a lot by not going. That's just my opinion though.

That happens a lot at my school. It's not the only thing people do, but that's almost always what it leads to. I also am not into that. I don't even do it with friends.

We had our homecoming dance last night, super fun! I love just being crazy with friends... And homecoming is the one dance we don't dress up for. Almost everyone goes to the dance straight from the football game, so we are in a spirit wear!

That happens a lot at my school. It's not the only thing people do, but that's almost always what it leads to. I also am not into that. I don't even do it with friends.

We had our homecoming dance last night, super fun! I love just being crazy with friends... And homecoming is the one dance we don't dress up for. Almost everyone goes to the dance straight from the football game, so we are in a spirit wear!

Girls are not allowed to wear pants/ t shirts to the Homecoming dance at our school. They will not let you in. They said on the announcements "The attire is semi-formal. Girls cannot wear: jeans, pants, shorts, flip flops, t shirts, or hats. Boys cannot wear: jeans, flip flops, t shirts, shorts, or hats"

i have a love hate for school dances. i looove hanging with my friends and listening to loud music, and jumpin/fistpumpin. however, 90% of kids at my school grind and dirty dance. it's disgusting to watch and the teaches don't do ANYTHING!!! and this year our student council spent 5k on the dj and his 'special deluxe package' it was a little too much, but our homecoming's gonna be on oprah... something bout extreme school dances. we wnet all out this year.

When is it suppose to be on Oprah??

Face to face with a little bit of space.
Dances at my school suck, but I'm not a dancing person. Grinding was banned, which basically took all the fun away for the horny little buggers.
So yeah, dances are not cool at my school.

i dont really see what the problem is with grinding? i think its fun haha.

but the middle school dances are lame, then homecoming is alright. this year were taking pictures at my house, going out to eat, then to the dance for like an hour, then were going to an after party somewhere. so im pumped. our group is like 7 or 8 people

Our high school dances are pretty awesome. In fact, my junior homecoming is this weekend. I can't wait. As far as the whole what type of dancing is it question, it's grinding mainly at my school.

~Patrick, Junior, from NOLA

I love school dances!!!! They are a chance to hang with friends and make new ones! I never understand why some of my friends don't like them or go to them!!! School dances r a must!

People have already said this, but dances are fun. The Homecoming one we just had was probably the best one I've been to thus far. Just gotta loosen up.

I went to Homecoming this weekend and personally I hated the dance it reminded me exactly why I don't go to the dance, they kept the lights on the whole time because people were being sexually harrassed, the music was loud, completely against my values and just bothered me.went with my dream guy and had fun with him but honestly at more fun at the before party at my friends house, then dinner at Olive Garden and the after party the dance was BLAH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter