• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's time to eat again?! Deluxe dining reviews and pics 9/08 COMPLETE w/ $ breakdowns

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the Kona Cafe. It has become our must go to breakfast place while at Disney World. A bad experience is not the way anyone would want to end their vacation.

Hey girl! I loved your reviews! The more reviews I read the more I want to try and write my own dining report! You and your hubby are adorable :)

Hi Heather!

I am a breakfast food lover and we do Crystal Palace our first morning every trip! Cute picture of you and Pooh!

Sorry about Kona, that is a bad experience for your last morning. We were considering doing breakfast there next trip and I'm glad we changed our minds!

Great job on the TR too bad it will be over soon. Are you doing a PTR for May, I'd love to hear your plans!:goodvibes

I'm still here, your MS friend one county over :thumbsup2 That sucks you had such a bad experience at the Poly. That one time can ruin it forever :headache:

And I just got caught up, great reviews, gave me some good ideas, thanks. :thumbsup2

Thanks for writin' this, it looks very time consuming so I certainly appreciate it.

Anxious to see your tally. :)

Too bad you didn't enjoy your breakfast. Maybe you can try it for dinner sometime. At least you get to look forward to another trip though. You know more food is just a few months away!

thanks for all the comments guys. good to know I still have readers!

That sounds like a terrbile experience. A really crummy end to your vacation. I cant wait to hear the wrap up!!
I know. kind of bummed me out on a day I was already bummed!

Too bad Kona wasn't a good experience. I'm sorry it didn't work out, but I still enjoyed your review!
thanks for reading!

I am loving your dining reviews. We are going in July and we have chosen several ADR's based on your reviews. Keep up the good work!!!:banana:
thats great! you wil have to tell me what you think!

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the Kona Cafe. It has become our must go to breakfast place while at Disney World. A bad experience is not the way anyone would want to end their vacation.
maybe one day we will give it another try for breakfast. but I am still bitter. haha

Hey girl! I loved your reviews! The more reviews I read the more I want to try and write my own dining report! You and your hubby are adorable :)
you should, its fun! a good way to relive your vacation!

Hi Heather!

I am a breakfast food lover and we do Crystal Palace our first morning every trip! Cute picture of you and Pooh!

Sorry about Kona, that is a bad experience for your last morning. We were considering doing breakfast there next trip and I'm glad we changed our minds!

Great job on the TR too bad it will be over soon. Are you doing a PTR for May, I'd love to hear your plans!:goodvibes
yes I will *eventually* get around to a pre trip report. I am still wanting to do a mini TR on my january w/e in Disney after I am done with this one!

I'm still here, your MS friend one county over :thumbsup2 That sucks you had such a bad experience at the Poly. That one time can ruin it forever :headache:
I know! isn't it sad?

And I just got caught up, great reviews, gave me some good ideas, thanks. :thumbsup2

Thanks for writin' this, it looks very time consuming so I certainly appreciate it.

Anxious to see your tally. :)
thanks so much :)

Too bad you didn't enjoy your breakfast. Maybe you can try it for dinner sometime. At least you get to look forward to another trip though. You know more food is just a few months away!
we may go for lunch in May...we will see haha

ok guys I am working on the tallys but it may take me a few days. or it may get done today, I don't know! haha

ok, so i was curious myself, so i went ahead and did the tally!

the dining plan cost $69.99 per person per day, which for the both of us for the WHOLE TRIP came out to $979.86 that WE paid for the food we ate.

after adding up how much money we SPENT on food it comes out to $1462.17

which makes for a SAVINGS of: $482.31

we also got free champagne twice that i did not factor in here.

if you take the total we spent and divide it by 7 nights it comes to $208.8 dollars a day for both of us to eat. divide that by two, and it was $104.4 dollars per person per day to eat, and we paid $69.99 per person per day

is it worth it? for us DEFINATELY! is it for everyone? no! we use every credit, every snack, etc. nothing goes to waste.

now this does not include tip, as I said in the beginning, I do not tip universally across the board. it just depends on the service. so if you want to average in an average of maybe 15% across the board, that would be a rough estimate I guess. we just brought an envelope of cash and used it to tip from.

are we doing the dining plan in may? yes!!! here is where we will most likely be dining:

Cinderella's royal table dinner (I want Bobby to experience the castle)* I ate here many years ago
Kona Cafe Lunch*
Grand Floridian Cafe Lunch
Liberty Tree Tavern lunch*
Narcoossees Dinner (anniversary dinner with my parents)
Le Cellier Lunch* we did dinner here before
Whispering Canyon Cafe Dinner
50's Prime Time lunch
Crystal palace Dinner
Boma Breakfast
Coral Reef Dinner
Citricos Dinner
Yak and Yeti Lunch
Yachtsman Dinner*
1900 Park Fare Breakfast* i have done dinner here and breakfast years ago

ones with (*) by them are new places for us, or at least for that particular meal/time of day

well folks that is it! if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask! I am going to be fixing my siggy so I can have my links appear better in it, and I will add my next link in there, my TR for my mini weekend in January! after that i will do a May Pre TR! thank you all so much for reading, it was fun to write about and relive! :lovestruc

Boooooooooo. I absolutely despise crappy service.

The best Disney breakfast I have had was at Boma's. I haven't eaten at all the restaurants but I have been to Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace, both of which we love for breakfast. Boma's had some variety we enjoyed. Also, we had a late ressie there as my body can't handle a ton of food first thing in the morning. Makes for an interesting experience on the rides. :rolleyes:

I think I have lost some of my followers :( sorry if I am taking to long guys!

this is my last review before I tally everything up

September 17th, 2008
Where: Kona Cafe
DDP: 1 TS credit each

I was sad because we were leaving this day and it was our last meal. We walked over from the GF to the Poly, and were seated in about 5-7 minutes. Right off the bat I knew it would be an interesting meal. Our server lady was AWFUL. it took her several minutes to come to our table and greet us and take our drink orders. i got that special juice they have and bobby got apple juice. 10 minutes later our dirnks come and she runs off before we could tell her what we wanted to eat! we finally flag her down and I get the tonga toast ad bobby gets the Big Kahuna breakfast. someone ELSE brings us our food, and we had to flag her down to get reflls. then she proceeds to tell us bobby will ahve to pay for a refill, that they are not free. huh? we hae never been anywhere on disney property where refills were not free. when we ate at the GF cafe for breakfast bobby had about 3 glasses of apple juice. after a struggle she said "ok, i will giv eit to you free this once" uh! ok then lady...10 minutes later she has the drink. I am getting REALLY annoyed and frustrated at this point. not how I want to end vacation. I coldnt even enjoy my food. I was so sick to my stomach I ate 1/4 of my tonga toast (that and it was WAY to sweet and big to finish for a non breakfast eater!) bobby ate most of his and I dont evern remember what he thought of it. I doubt we will ever go back there for breakfast again.

300.jpg

apple juice: $2.29
lilikoi juice: $3.99
big kahuna: $11.99
tonga: $10.99
total: $29.26
with tax: $31.17

breakfast here got :thumbsup2 1/2 from us

Sorry about the bad service , you were upset enough to be leaving , you didn't need that too! Sadly , I've always received bad service at Kona and that is why we no longer go there :sad2:

ok, so i was curious myself, so i went ahead and did the tally!

the dining plan cost $69.99 per person per day, which for the both of us for the WHOLE TRIP came out to $979.86 that WE paid for the food we ate.

after adding up how much money we SPENT on food it comes out to $1462.17

which makes for a SAVINGS of: $482.31

we also got free champagne twice that i did not factor in here.

if you take the total we spent and divide it by 7 nights it comes to $208.8 dollars a day for both of us to eat. divide that by two, and it was $104.4 dollars per person per day to eat, and we paid $69.99 per person per day

is it worth it? for us DEFINATELY! is it for everyone? no! we use every credit, every snack, etc. nothing goes to waste.

now this does not include tip, as I said in the beginning, I do not tip universally across the board. it just depends on the service. so if you want to average in an average of maybe 15% across the board, that would be a rough estimate I guess. we just brought an envelope of cash and used it to tip from.

are we doing the dining plan in may? yes!!! here is where we will most likely be dining:

Cinderella's royal table dinner (I want Bobby to experience the castle)* I ate here many years ago
Kona Cafe Lunch*
Grand Floridian Cafe Lunch
Liberty Tree Tavern lunch*
Narcoossees Dinner (anniversary dinner with my parents)
Le Cellier Lunch* we did dinner here before
Whispering Canyon Cafe Dinner
50's Prime Time lunch
Crystal palace Dinner
Boma Breakfast
Coral Reef Dinner
Citricos Dinner
Yak and Yeti Lunch
Yachtsman Dinner*
1900 Park Fare Breakfast* i have done dinner here and breakfast years ago

ones with (*) by them are new places for us, or at least for that particular meal/time of day

well folks that is it! if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask! I am going to be fixing my siggy so I can have my links appear better in it, and I will add my next link in there, my TR for my mini weekend in January! after that i will do a May Pre TR! thank you all so much for reading, it was fun to write about and relive! :lovestruc

Thanks for yet another great report :thumbsup2
I enjoyed reading it and I look forward to reading your future reports :)
I'm a fan...lol :cheer2:

Another fabulous review, heather!!! Can't wait to see your next one!

You made getting my ADRs last week much easier (I knew exactly what I wanted)

Aww Heather I am always so sad when one of your trip or dining reports ends. It is nice to know that you guys saved some money with the deluxe dining because I have been nervous about us using it in June. I can not wait to read all about your mini trip and your may trip!
Thanks again for sharing all your adventures and memories with us!

I'm excited to read you mini-tr from January and also your pre-TR for your may trip :thumbsup2 I've been reading your friend's trip report from y'all's January trip though ;)

Boooooooooo. I absolutely despise crappy service.

The best Disney breakfast I have had was at Boma's. I haven't eaten at all the restaurants but I have been to Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace, both of which we love for breakfast. Boma's had some variety we enjoyed. Also, we had a late ressie there as my body can't handle a ton of food first thing in the morning. Makes for an interesting experience on the rides. :rolleyes:
we love Boma! going in May!

Sorry about the bad service , you were upset enough to be leaving , you didn't need that too! Sadly , I've always received bad service at Kona and that is why we no longer go there :sad2:
I know! like I wasn't sad enough right? lol!

Thanks for yet another great report :thumbsup2
I enjoyed reading it and I look forward to reading your future reports :)
I'm a fan...lol :cheer2:
thanks! hoping to start my next report tomorrow maybe! I need to upload all my pictures first!

Another fabulous review, heather!!! Can't wait to see your next one!

You made getting my ADRs last week much easier (I knew exactly what I wanted)
aw I am so glad to help!

Aww Heather I am always so sad when one of your trip or dining reports ends. It is nice to know that you guys saved some money with the deluxe dining because I have been nervous about us using it in June. I can not wait to read all about your mini trip and your may trip!
Thanks again for sharing all your adventures and memories with us!
thank you for reading! I enjoy writing. hope you save money, too! save your reciepts!

I'm excited to read you mini-tr from January and also your pre-TR for your may trip :thumbsup2 I've been reading your friend's trip report from y'all's January trip though ;)
haha. well, then mine will be the same except different pictures haha!

Thanks for writin' the review, it really was very informative and entertaining, and most of all, delicious!!
You pick good places to eat, can't wait to read another review from you. :thumbsup2

Thanks for writin' the review, it really was very informative and entertaining, and most of all, delicious!!
You pick good places to eat, can't wait to read another review from you. :thumbsup2

thanks! disney food is a HUGE part of why we go to disney, so picking good palces is important to us!

Thanks for the great report. You have gave us a lot of new options for our dining plans. I look foward to your future reviews. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We plan on doing the deluxe dining next year when we go and I've already been looking at the online menus and calculating our costs and we'll get our money's worth just out of two meals most days, so we'll definitely save money. Now my sister-in-law and brother-in-law and their kids that are supposedly going with us??? Not so sure. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter