• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's time to eat again?! Deluxe dining reviews and pics 9/08 COMPLETE w/ $ breakdowns

For your wedding, have you always been that thin? I'm three months out and I've been pretty sick for a few weeks now (so no working out)... Did you do anything special to get you in shape? I'm a bit fearful I'll underdo it and not fit into my freshly altered dress! (But i don't want to drop too much more and fall out...)

Great update!!!! Wish we could squeeze in Narcoose's but FH won't bend. He wants to see Luau and Hoop dee doo and tells me I can eat all the seafood I want in the keys.... Too bad. At least I got Citrico's!!!!

I think I said this in your TR, but I love those pics of you at Narcoosees. So pretty! I'm looking forward to hear if you're trying anywhere new in May. I am so desperate to go back! I have checked out the 4/3 deal and also a code I got for my April vacation, but of course it's blacked out for both. I just have to wait for our quickie trip in December!

we ar eusing the 4/3 deal for May, unless a better AP rate comes along! we are trying a couple new places in May, you will find out soon!

For your wedding, have you always been that thin? I'm three months out and I've been pretty sick for a few weeks now (so no working out)... Did you do anything special to get you in shape? I'm a bit fearful I'll underdo it and not fit into my freshly altered dress! (But i don't want to drop too much more and fall out...)

Great update!!!! Wish we could squeeze in Narcoose's but FH won't bend. He wants to see Luau and Hoop dee doo and tells me I can eat all the seafood I want in the keys.... Too bad. At least I got Citrico's!!!!

haha. yes I have, I played 3 sports in high school, so I have always been active. also I am 5'9" so a few pounds doesn't really show up on me. recently I have gotten back into running though. for teh wedding I ran, did elliptical, lifted light arm weights, and just ate in moderation. I didnt starve myself, i LOVE food way to much. not eating late at night really helped to. I try not to eat at least 2 hours before I go to bed. good luck I am sure you will look great!

you will have fun at hoop de doo!

Hi Heather, I wanted to tell you that after all your TR's that I have read, I am putting down Narcoossee's on our list in Sept! I can't wait to get the Surf and Turf!

I am loving your TR! DF and I are going to try Coral Reef after I've read about it in your reports. I can't wait!

Haha thanks for the advice you gave above too, that helps me as well who is also trying to get in shape for a wedding dress :goodvibes

Hi Heather, I wanted to tell you that after all your TR's that I have read, I am putting down Narcoossee's on our list in Sept! I can't wait to get the Surf and Turf!
awesome! I hope you love it as much as I do!

I am loving your TR! DF and I are going to try Coral Reef after I've read about it in your reports. I can't wait!

Haha thanks for the advice you gave above too, that helps me as well who is also trying to get in shape for a wedding dress :goodvibes
great! coral reef is yummy and a fun atmosphere!

haha. I am training for the disney 1/2 marathon for next year and today I ran 3.1 miles and thought I was going to die. its hard, but having a goal, (like running a race, or a wedding etc.) really helps!

ok guys sorry for the delay again.

September 16, 2008
Where: Crystal Palace Breakfast
DDP: 1 TS credit each

SO I know we already had lunch here, but as I have said before, Bobby loves breakfast buffets, so here we were! I once again wasn't that hungry.

we went about 8:30 I think, and had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated. We weren't too interested in teh characters since we already had pics with them from lunch.

bobbys plate is on the top, mine is on the bottom haha
269.jpg

Have I mentioned I love cheese? haha. Bobby got several plates and enjoyed himself. I do love the atmosphere of this place, but I think I was also upset b/c it was sinking in this was our last full day. nothing against this place at all, I just don't eat a lot at breakfast!

I give this place :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 .5 stars. the service is usually pretty slow and it was our longest wait for a table. Just your run of the mill buffet, but still good. we may or may not go back. there are a few other breakfast places bobby wants to try.

2 buffets: $37.98
with tax: $40.45

ok guys sorry for the delay again.

September 16, 2008
Where: Crystal Palace Breakfast

SO I know we already had lunch here, but as I have said before, Bobby loves breakfast buffets, so here we were! I once again wasn't that hungry.

we went about 8:30 I think, and had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated. We weren't too interested in teh characters since we already had pics with them from lunch.

bobbys plate is on the top, mine is on the bottom haha
269.jpg

Have I mentioned I love cheese? haha. Bobby got several plates and enjoyed himself. I do love the atmosphere of this place, but I think I was also upset b/c it was sinking in this was our last full day. nothing against this place at all, I just don't eat a lot at breakfast!

our one character pic
268.jpg

I give this place :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 .5 stars. the service is usually pretty slow and it was our longest wait for a table. Just your run of the mill buffet, but still good. we may or may not go back. there are a few other breakfast places bobby wants to try.

2 buffets: $37.98
with tax: $40.45

Thanks to your rave reviews we've decided to try the Crystal Palace for our first dinner the night we arrive at the world :banana:
I can't wait , the food and the atmosphere look great :thumbsup2

I hate it when those end of vacation blues set it. It makes it hard to enjoy your last day which totally stinks! We have never tried CP breakfast but I have heard good things. So sorry you were feeling blue. :hug:

I hate it when those end of vacation blues set it. It makes it hard to enjoy your last day which totally stinks! We have never tried CP breakfast but I have heard good things. So sorry you were feeling blue. :hug:

I totally agree. I get so sad on the last full day of my vacations. No matter how hard I try to have fun I'm always blue knowing that going home is just around the corner :(

We have eaten here for dinner but never for breakfast. It looks very similar to a lot of the other breakfast buffets in Disney. Great update!

We've only been here for breakfast and loved it both times. I hope we get to try dinner on our trip next May 2010.

Thanks to your rave reviews we've decided to try the Crystal Palace for our first dinner the night we arrive at the world :banana:
I can't wait , the food and the atmosphere look great :thumbsup2
we really enjoyed it for dinenr last time we went!

i know. the last day almost isnt enjoyable!

I totally agree. I get so sad on the last full day of my vacations. No matter how hard I try to have fun I'm always blue knowing that going home is just around the corner :(
I know :(

We have eaten here for dinner but never for breakfast. It looks very similar to a lot of the other breakfast buffets in Disney. Great update!
yeah very similar. but still pretty good food!

We've only been here for breakfast and loved it both times. I hope we get to try dinner on our trip next May 2010.
dinner is my favorite there. yum.

That is such an adorable photo of you and pooh!
aw thanks. Pooh is my man. haha

September 16, 2008

Where: Citrico's (again!)
DDP: 2 TS credits each

ok, I only took one pic from this meal b/c well. we ordered the same stuff as last time!! we had requested danny again, and we got him! this time we were seated right as you walk in, kind f with the kitchen behind us. It was ok but I liked the other location better. there was a pretty flower on our table, and Danny brought us a free appetizer each. They serve this at Victoria and Alberts.
279-Copy-Copy.jpg

he also gave us free evian water which was a nice touch. he was attentive as usual and took a lot of time at our table just kind of hanging out adn tlaking to us. The food was excellent again. Oh, I forogt to mention this last time. When he found out I was a teacher he ws so excited. He says he loves teachers and thinks its a very admirable job. So, as we are about to order dessert, I started probbing on whatw e were going to do that evening and Bobby surprised me with MNSSHP tickets! I kind of accidentally made him tell me, but i was so excited I wanted to go NOW b/c it has already started so we hurried through dinner to go back to our room to change an dhop on the monorail.

Before we left I left a note for Danny on our reciept telling him how great he was and how I would be back in May with my parents to see him! We rushed out to go to MNSSHP!

this meal gets :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
oh, he remembered how I liked teh cheese and crackers and brought it out agian for my appetizer for me!

cheese: $8.00
shrimp: $14.00
sprite: $2.29
Sprite: $2.29
Steak: $41.oo
ribeye: $45.00
choc. dessert: $8.00
Tiramisu: $8.00
Total: $128.58
with tax: $136.94

I think I have lost some of my followers :( sorry if I am taking to long guys!

this is my last review before I tally everything up

September 17th, 2008
Where: Kona Cafe

I was sad because we were leaving this day and it was our last meal. We walked over from the GF to the Poly, and were seated in about 5-7 minutes. Right off the bat I knew it would be an interesting meal. Our server lady was AWFUL. it took her several minutes to come to our table and greet us and take our drink orders. i got that special juice they have and bobby got apple juice. 10 minutes later our dirnks come and she runs off before we could tell her what we wanted to eat! we finally flag her down and I get the tonga toast ad bobby gets the Big Kahuna breakfast. someone ELSE brings us our food, and we had to flag her down to get reflls. then she proceeds to tell us bobby will ahve to pay for a refill, that they are not free. huh? we hae never been anywhere on disney property where refills were not free. when we ate at the GF cafe for breakfast bobby had about 3 glasses of apple juice. after a struggle she said "ok, i will giv eit to you free this once" uh! ok then lady...10 minutes later she has the drink. I am getting REALLY annoyed and frustrated at this point. not how I want to end vacation. I coldnt even enjoy my food. I was so sick to my stomach I ate 1/4 of my tonga toast (that and it was WAY to sweet and big to finish for a non breakfast eater!) bobby ate most of his and I dont evern remember what he thought of it. I doubt we will ever go back there for breakfast again.

300.jpg

apple juice: $2.29
lilikoi juice: $3.99
big kahuna: $11.99
tonga: $10.99
total: $29.26
with tax: $31.17

breakfast here got :thumbsup2 1/2 from us

That sounds like a terrbile experience. A really crummy end to your vacation. I cant wait to hear the wrap up!!

Too bad Kona wasn't a good experience. I'm sorry it didn't work out, but I still enjoyed your review!

I am loving your dining reviews. We are going in July and we have chosen several ADR's based on your reviews. Keep up the good work!!!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter