• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

It's the ME, ME I've been to all THREE thread!!

Well, Kathy...(you flatterer you! lol!) I have been toying with the idea of doing another trip report. It really keeps the trip alive for me, to look back on what we did. I am working on my pictures even as I type. So, I probably can be talked into doing one! (wink!)

YAY!! Do One.. Do One.. Do ONe... do One!!! Pleeeeeeaaaaassssseeeee :)

Kathy :cool1:

Valentine said:
YAY!! Do One.. Do One.. Do ONe... do One!!! Pleeeeeeaaaaassssseeeee :)

Kathy :cool1:

OK! Kathy! I've started the WDW portion of our trip over at the DOLPHIN! I'll let you know when I make it to the UNIVERSAL part! lol!

Thanks, FEEFEE! It's an honor to be a member of the club!

I just returned from Portofino Bay Resort. I am a Loews Platinum and completed the "All 3" circuit long ago. I now can say that I have stayed at all three Club Levels also. I have also stayed in most of the room types and suites (not the Pres. Ste. though). So I will try to help with any questions anyone has. Also, please check out the new Universal Orlando website. They have done an excellent job at showing the room layouts on this newly designed website.

Fee Fee White and everyone who's ever stayed concierge at HRH -- I'm taking my sister on a quick 50th birthday celebratory trip to FL. What's your thoughts on Concierge there? Worth the extra $$? We only have one night (pre-Disney cruise). If they have evening goodies, breakfast, etc. - was thinking it might be worth springing for it.
Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions!

i have stayed at club level on three different times.

2003-4-5

last october was a lot different than the other 2 stays.

it was well worth in in 2003 and 4
last october i was disappointed in the offerings they had in the line of food.

breakfast was great but it was not replenished on the mornings i was there.
this is very unlike my other stays.

for the afternoon, the only snacks were potatoe chips and pretzels.

the evening set up did not have the variety i was used to.

maybe it was a fluke for the time period i was there, oct 2nd weekend, just don't know.

the unlimited coffee, soda and water was available the entire time.

i don't go to the lounge area for the tv, checking out of cd's or newspaper.

i use it for the refreshments and the service of resturant ressies, printing out boarding tickets for return flight only.

now it has been over 3 months since i was there last. maybe someone that has been more recently has an update on the concierge level and how it was for them.

in years past i was very satisfied for concierge level and what i paid for it.
last year was not worth it for me.

If it is over a weekend I would not go for it, since it is always more crowded then. Also I don't ususally do it for one night, since you are only there for part of the day.

Which is your favorite?
#1 PBH
#2 RPR
#3 HRH

Which is your LEAST favorite?
SEE ABOVE

Why??

PBH is our favorite because the themeing is lavis and at the aquaduct pool there seem to be many little areas that give you some privacy by going up or down a few steps - adn DD11 loves their slide. staff is professional and extremely attentive. the only down side some may feel it has - its the furthest away from the parks - but we took the boat and it was fine!

RPR is our 2nd best hotel of the 3. I loved the decor in the rooms although they were a little small. the grounds are very tropical as is the lobby. Staff was GREAT no problems from check in to check out. And it is a very short walk to IOA.

HRH is our least favorite - although we don't hate it and would stay again.
The POOL area is too open few areas of seperation - which stinks if the foilks on either side of you and behind you are smokers! (no problem for us now - I bring 2 4' battery operated clip on fans and blow the smoke back were it came from) The poo staff was excellent but housekeeping had issues when we were there last April - although nothing major - and all eventually was taken care of. - the best selling point of the HRH is the closeness to US. IMHO

Sue :goodvibes

Agree with the last post.
#1 PBH
#2 RPR
#3 HRH

PBH - Beautiful hotel, huge bathroom, larger room, friendly staff, nice pool. I'm surprised people make a big deal about the slide at the HRH, yet the PBH has one that is just as good. Walk to USF is 13-15 minutes.

RPR - Beautiful hotel, smallest rooms, nice staff, no slide at the pool but it has more action with volleyball and 2 basketball hoops. Walk to IOA is 7 minutes.

HRH - Good room size, snooty staff, bad reservation system, pool has the slide and music underwater. But the pool is only 3 feet deep, so you barely go underwater to hear it. The advantage of the HRH is being only 5 minutes from USF, great for walking back and forth.

1. PBH
2. RPR
3 HRR

1. Portofino: what can I say, top class in every way from the moment you arrive until you depart they make you feel welcomed, special and wanted. Facilities are slick and functional.

2. Royal Pacific: the theme is beautiful as are the rooms and layout of this hotel. Emeril's Choup Chop is also a highlight of this hotel.

3. Hard Rock = Hard Times: front end staff are rude; 4 guys tried to get our car and luggage at the same time without explanation; rooms were a complete mess; club level here is lacking in service and ammenities. Maybe after their upcoming $6 Million makeover, will they perhaps impress. IN the meantime, STAY AWAY!

Same here:

No.1 - PBH - Top notch. Fine details. Very classy.

No.2 - RPR - A complete polynesian escape.

No.3 - HRH - Very hip. But I must be getting old, because I felt like I don't belong. LOL

i finally became a member of the 3 way club...

stayed my first time at rph this october.

still have to say my heart belongs to hard rock hotel.
i love the short walk to the studios.
enjoy the short water taxi ride to the hotel when i used it.

love the room size and room layout.
love the views from the pool side rooms facing the park.
i like to see the park lit up at night, keep the curtains open at night so my "night light" is on until the sun comes up in the morning.
love the decor throughout the hotel.

do not care for the resturants at this hotel as much as the others.

next choice would be the rph.
gorgeous lobby, great check in area, very spacious.
wide sidewalks for walking area from ground floor to around the pool to water taxi and walkway to the parks.
beautiful pool
excellent waiting area at the dock for the water taxis. overhead on the dock platform area. nice and shaded from the sun.

better choice of resturants.

pbh, great rooms, large size, fine layouts of rooms.
beautiful grounds and pool is fantastic.

but, too long of a walk for me to the parks.
and, if i miss the boat, waits too long for me.

i'm impatient, when i want to go to the parks, i want to be there 10 minutes ago.

# 1 hrh
# 2 rph
# 3 pbh

So since most of you have stayed at all 3 resorts. I have never stayed onsite. So, can you all tell me a good price range for each hotel. I am deciding between rph&hrh. So what is a good price for these in sept. Thanks in advance,oh and just to let you all know. We are a family of 5.me, dh, ds2,ds5,dd3.

P.S. Forgive the poor grammer. :wave:

Finally a member of the club! We love all three but if we had to rank:

#1 HRH - proximity to US

#2 RPR - beautiful, reasonable rates

#3 PBH - unique, lovely, large rooms.

All three are fabulous!

Nan

Same here:

No.1 - PBH - Top notch. Fine details. Very classy.

No.2 - RPR - A complete polynesian escape.

No.3 - HRH - Very hip. But I must be getting old, because I felt like I don't belong. LOL

We are torn between HRH and RPH. We have been leaning towards HRH, but we are both just shy of 40. Is this the hotel for 20 something families??

[/COLOR][/B]

We are torn between HRH and RPH. We have been leaning towards HRH, but we are both just shy of 40. Is this the hotel for 20 something families??
Well, I'm 49 and HRH is absolutely my favorite hotel! Age is just a number.

So since most of you have stayed at all 3 resorts. I have never stayed onsite. So, can you all tell me a good price range for each hotel. I am deciding between rph&hrh. So what is a good price for these in sept. Thanks in advance,oh and just to let you all know. We are a family of 5.me, dh, ds2,ds5,dd3.

P.S. Forgive the poor grammer. :wave:

because of supply and demand, you will find that hrh will be the highest in cost

there is more room at hrh than rph.
i don't like the layout of the room at rph.
there is a wall that separates the bath area from the bed area at hrh.

at rph, it is a dark half wall , wall barrier between the sink and bed area.

hrh has a sink, large mirror, hair dryer, counter space and amenities in the little area outside of the bathroom.
in the bath room you also have another sink, toilet, tub

if you want more space, go to pbh. you will be amazed on the amount of space you have there. it will cost more than rph though.

it just depends what your priority is: price or space

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter