ITS COMING -Nov. 2014 Free Dining - waiting, watching, wishing & worrying thread

mommajo143 said:
I do the same thing and email myself the workbook - each spreadsheet is different & I can flip through day by day onto whatever I need... I also empty my phone camera memory except for screenshots of important info for handy reference too...I will say in Feb I used my planner much less than years past & really did use MDE ...

glad it is not just me :)

Sunnyday3 said:
At MVMCP-if you are already in the park for the day, can you stay through? I wasn't sure if the park closed before reopening for the party.

If you don't have a park hopper-can you still get in to the party if you say, spend the day at Epcot?

Finally-are rides and attractions up and running during the party?

the rep on the phone told me if you dont have a ticket they will ask you to leave and that the bracelet will be linked to your tickets so only mvmcp ticket holders will be able to go on rides but I would call and double check.

At MVMCP-if you are already in the park for the day, can you stay through? I wasn't sure if the park closed before reopening for the party.

If you don't have a park hopper-can you still get in to the party if you say, spend the day at Epcot?

Finally-are rides and attractions up and running during the party?

Yes, you can stay. They do not close the park. You will need to pick up your wristband at some point though.

You do not need regular admission, only the party ticket, so yes you can spend the morning at Epcot if you'd like.

Most rides and attractions are open during the party. There are scans of last year's party map floating around that you can look for. They show what was and was not open. I know AllEars has the info, and the DIS probably does too, somewhere.

Tours are also 180 days. FPP for on site guests open at midnight at 60 days out, 30 days out for offsite guests

dessert party and others are typically opened in a less predictable fashion and I've only been able to know the dessert party was open by watching the boards

Can I make my ADR at midnight (online) at the 180 day mark?

mommyof3princess27 said:
6am 180days out

I looked this up this morning because I was wondering too. It's 7am est for phones and 6am est for online ressies according to what I found. Some had been saying to make ressies at midnight, but I've never been able to make them before 6am est myself for previous trips. If I'm wrong, somebody please letme know :-)

I can't find anything available in Nov for a regular room in one of the moderates online. Should I call? Can they find a room by dates? I feel like I am playing roulette by just putting in many variation of dates :(

I can't find anything available in Nov for a regular room in one of the moderates online. Should I call? Can they find a room by dates? I feel like I am playing roulette by just putting in many variation of dates :(

They have to put dates in the same way you do. It'd be nice if there was a way to see availability over a stretch of time, but they can't.

They have to put dates in the same way you do. It'd be nice if there was a way to see availability over a stretch of time, but they can't.

Thank you! Is it worth calling daily to see if there is a cancelation for what I want? I can't believe it filled up so fast.We went in sept 2012 using free dining and got what we wanted easily well after the free dining came out

Nov 10th to 20th at Carribean beach resort standard view is currently available for free dining.... Good luck!

the rep on the phone told me if you dont have a ticket they will ask you to leave and that the bracelet will be linked to your tickets so only mvmcp ticket holders will be able to go on rides but I would call and double check.

We have been to many parties and the park officially closes to non party ticket holders at 7 P.M. Since it's a hard ticketed event, you will not have access to ride or buy anything. They give you bracelets to wear after you have entered the park with your party ticket. The cast members check for the bands before you can get on a ride or make a purchase. Since people pay extra for this event they try to keep it to ticket holders.

Is free dining usually only available for longer stays? When we went last year we had it for the week but I noticed the current offer is for 6-night/7-day packages. We will only be there for 3 nights next year.

Is free dining usually only available for longer stays? When we went last year we had it for the week but I noticed the current offer is for 6-night/7-day packages. We will only be there for 3 nights next year.

You only need to stay 3 nights. The 6 night package is what they are advertising, but it's not required.

I know Disney usually releases FD on a staggered schedule, but it looks like they just dropped them all at one time. Anyone know anything about another offer release? Everything is booked for the week we want to go! :(

I booked POR with free dining on a bounceback offer last August.

The offer was free dining from August 20th. We have to arrive August 17th due to circumstances, so we are doing a split stay: August 17-19 at POR under Reservation 1 (3 nights, 10 day tickets) and August 20-27 at POR under Reservation 2 (7 nights, 2 day tickets to get FD).

I've just found out that they have now offered the general public free dining from August 17 onwards! But to get it I have to switch resorts to Caribbean Beach.

I'd save the equivalent of 3 days on the dining plan for two adults if I switch. Right now, we are going to be paying OOP for Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, and Hoop Dee Doo Revue, plus three QS meals, plus snacks.

But I've also heard NOT to switch because it could / will delete my Fastpasses that I have lovingly reserved, including A&E and 7DMT.

What to do what to do?! Advice please!

I booked POR with free dining on a bounceback offer last August.

The offer was free dining from August 20th. We have to arrive August 17th due to circumstances, so we are doing a split stay: August 17-19 at POR under Reservation 1 (3 nights, 10 day tickets) and August 20-27 at POR under Reservation 2 (7 nights, 2 day tickets to get FD).

I've just found out that they have now offered the general public free dining from August 17 onwards! But to get it I have to switch resorts to Caribbean Beach.

I'd save the equivalent of 3 days on the dining plan for two adults if I switch. Right now, we are going to be paying OOP for Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, and Hoop Dee Doo Revue, plus three QS meals, plus snacks.

But I've also heard NOT to switch because it could / will delete my Fastpasses that I have lovingly reserved, including A&E and 7DMT.

What to do what to do?! Advice please!

I would just call Disney and ask. They would know and are always really helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter