ITS COMING -Nov. 2014 Free Dining - waiting, watching, wishing & worrying thread

Our dates for our trip also fell through the crack. With my son's school schedule, we are stuck picking between the busy / ususally not discounted rates. We choose Thanksgiving - that way he only has to miss 1.5 days of school. So we don't qualify for the discount either- 11/25-11/30. I didn't think we'd actually be able to go because the full rates are just so expensive. We were lucky enough to find a TA that is offering an agency exclusive that does cover Thanksgiving. It's not free dining or a straight % off- it was a pkg deal for room & park hoppers. Not all resorts were included but it's a great deal and we were able to book & save alot of money. Without it, we wouldn't be able to go. I hope everyone finds a discount /pin/ deal to make the trip alot easier on the wallet! :goodvibes

Would you mind sending a PM with the TA you used? I'm also from NE PA (Danville) and wouldn't mind sending my business to a local agent if we could snag a deal.

I did a lot of research in advance to pick our dates with hopes of getting free dining at a time with low crowds based not just on pure hope but stats from previous years. We got it thankfully but we are still hoping to get a pin. Not because we are not grateful. We are very happy, but we are not at the hotel of choice. I would like to stay at Pop if we have to pick a value (current at music) or pay a little extra and stay at POR. Fingers crossed. Still we don't spend much time in our rooms so not a big loss.

As for dinning reservations. Anyone else have to make them on Tuesday? Here is my story, what is yours?

Stayed up to midnight Monday night to make dining reservations (disney rep told me online reservations were available then) to find my calendar not showing the dates active. At about 12:15 finally googled and found that online reservations don't start until six (mind you, the info was found a forum and not disney site). So set alarm for 5:45 to make reservations. Attempted making reservations at 6am and kept getting time to appear but when I clicked on the time slot nothing happened. After many attempts I gave up (about 6:30) and decided to call disney dining at 7am. Was on hold until 7:15 only to learn the system was down for "enhancements". Tried online every 20 minutes until I got a chance to call at 10:45. First few attempts all lines were busy, but finally got through and was on hold for 1 hour....but the flip side is that we did get reservations at all the restaurants we wanted and at reasonable times. Plus the rep was fantastic and patient as I made 8 different dining reservations. So with all that, we are still happy dining reservations are done and we set to eat the the restaurants of our choice. I think I am most excited about eating at "be our guest".

This is only our second trip to disney but I am a planner. I have a spreadsheet I keep in my google drive so I can access while a disney world. Is that too nerdy? We don't follow a strict plan but I do mark which parks we want to hit, will add our FP + times, most popular rides so we hit them first, dining reservation times and confirmation #, important phone numbers, park extra hours, event times that day. At the end of the spreadsheet I list all the characters and where you can find them at each park but we do as much character dining my husband and I are able to handle.

Here is a quick (incomplete) example:

Screenshot%202014-05-15%2009.07.39.png

Our dates for our trip also fell through the crack. With my son's school schedule, we are stuck picking between the busy / ususally not discounted rates. We choose Thanksgiving - that way he only has to miss 1.5 days of school. So we don't qualify for the discount either- 11/25-11/30. I didn't think we'd actually be able to go because the full rates are just so expensive. We were lucky enough to find a TA that is offering an agency exclusive that does cover Thanksgiving. It's not free dining or a straight % off- it was a pkg deal for room & park hoppers. Not all resorts were included but it's a great deal and we were able to book & save alot of money. Without it, we wouldn't be able to go. I hope everyone finds a discount /pin/ deal to make the trip alot easier on the wallet! :goodvibes

Would you PM the info to me, also?

Regards,
C.

Thanks to a good friend I have just discovered DISboards. After reading posts for FD this fall I decided to try to book our first trip to WDW. Called this evening to book a vacation package for FD and was told I had a pincode attached to my name. I had sent off for a planning DVD a few months ago and that must have put my name in the system.
I was able to book 2 rooms at POFQ for 11/1 to 11/7.
I have not received any emails or snail mail from Disney, and was shocked that I had a pincode for FD that allowed you to book POR or POFQ.
POR only had Royal Guest Rooms for my dates. I hope I made the right choice with POFQ.
Very excited and can not wait for our first Disney Vacation!!!!

Wow!! That's great.. I'm jealous...LOL
I have ordered DVD's, maps, and followed everyone's suggestions on how to get a pin code and I have never received one.. I'm just not lucky. But, I'm still grateful to be able to take advantage of the free dining promotion. I would have preferred one of the port Orleans resorts, but maybe I love CBR too. Have a great time on your vacation:dance3:

At MVMCP-if you are already in the park for the day, can you stay through? I wasn't sure if the park closed before reopening for the party.

If you don't have a park hopper-can you still get in to the party if you say, spend the day at Epcot?

Finally-are rides and attractions up and running during the party?

At MVMCP-if you are already in the park for the day, can you stay through? I wasn't sure if the park closed before reopening for the party.

Yes.. You can stay. They create these type if check points throughout the park and make people leave at 7pm if they don't have a ticket. If you have a ticket, they will scan it (or your magic band) and place a bracelet on you.

If you don't have a park hopper-can you still get in to the party if you say, spend the day at Epcot?

You don't need a park hopper, just need to purchase a separate ticket for the party. This ticket allows you to enter magic kingdom as early as 4pm.

Finally-are rides and attractions up and running during the party?

Most attractions are up and running. Not always all of them for the entire night. The disney site will usually list the rides

This is only our second trip to disney but I am a planner. I have a spreadsheet I keep in my google drive so I can access while a disney world. Is that too nerdy? We don't follow a strict plan but I do mark which parks we want to hit, will add our FP + times, most popular rides so we hit them first, dining reservation times and confirmation #, important phone numbers, park extra hours, event times that day. At the end of the spreadsheet I list all the characters and where you can find them at each park but we do as much character dining my husband and I are able to handle. Here is a quick (incomplete) example:

I do the same thing and email myself the workbook - each spreadsheet is different & I can flip through day by day onto whatever I need... I also empty my phone camera memory except for screenshots of important info for handy reference too...I will say in Feb I used my planner much less than years past & really did use MDE ...

I was told 60 days. Dining, BBB & Pirates League and MVMCP may be booked 180 days in advance.

Tours are also 180 days. FPP for on site guests open at midnight at 60 days out, 30 days out for offsite guests

dessert party and others are typically opened in a less predictable fashion and I've only been able to know the dessert party was open by watching the boards

Tours are also 180 days. FPP for on site guests open at midnight at 60 days out, 30 days out for offsite guests dessert party and others are typically opened in a less predictable fashion and I've only been able to know the dessert party was open by watching the boards[/QUOTE

Dessert party is now 180 days with the rest of the ADR's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter