• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ITS COMING -Nov. 2014 Free Dining - waiting, watching, wishing & worrying thread

I know Disney usually releases FD on a staggered schedule, but it looks like they just dropped them all at one time. Anyone know anything about another offer release? Everything is booked for the week we want to go! :(

Yeah unfortunately for those who weren't planning on putting free dining on their radar until July when they usually have released free dining for the end of the year in the past are out of luck. It is a move that actually seems to have worked in Disney's favor since most hotels are booked solid and it's nearly impossible to get preferred dining reservations. There are still plenty of restaurants to choose from but the top restaurants sold out the morning of the 180 day mark for each day in the fall.

You may luck out in September. My guess is a lot of reservations will fall off when people don't meet their deadlines to pay their bills. That is when I will give one last try in getting the restaurants I want. Good luck!

Sunday said:
I booked POR with free dining on a bounceback offer last August.

The offer was free dining from August 20th. We have to arrive August 17th due to circumstances, so we are doing a split stay: August 17-19 at POR under Reservation 1 (3 nights, 10 day tickets) and August 20-27 at POR under Reservation 2 (7 nights, 2 day tickets to get FD).

I've just found out that they have now offered the general public free dining from August 17 onwards! But to get it I have to switch resorts to Caribbean Beach.

I'd save the equivalent of 3 days on the dining plan for two adults if I switch. Right now, we are going to be paying OOP for Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, and Hoop Dee Doo Revue, plus three QS meals, plus snacks.

But I've also heard NOT to switch because it could / will delete my Fastpasses that I have lovingly reserved, including A&E and 7DMT.

What to do what to do?! Advice please!

I would call. I personally tried to book with the two moderates offering free dining but every time I called (about once a week) they were book so atm no free dining for me but at least staying at POR riverside from 11-9 to 11-17. Still hoping for pin but not holding breath. Just excited about going at this point.

I booked POR with free dining on a bounceback offer last August. The offer was free dining from August 20th. We have to arrive August 17th due to circumstances, so we are doing a split stay: August 17-19 at POR under Reservation 1 (3 nights, 10 day tickets) and August 20-27 at POR under Reservation 2 (7 nights, 2 day tickets to get FD). I've just found out that they have now offered the general public free dining from August 17 onwards! But to get it I have to switch resorts to Caribbean Beach. I'd save the equivalent of 3 days on the dining plan for two adults if I switch. Right now, we are going to be paying OOP for Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, and Hoop Dee Doo Revue, plus three QS meals, plus snacks. But I've also heard NOT to switch because it could / will delete my Fastpasses that I have lovingly reserved, including A&E and 7DMT. What to do what to do?! Advice please!

Where did you see free dining to the general public starting August 17th? On the website it says it starts August 31st.

At the 4 month mark now! Have to wait until August 21st to put in my vacation time with one of my jobs, which kind of sucks since the trip, tickets, etc are already paid for.

I called today to book my package and was told none of the moderates EXCEPT CBR pirate rooms have free dining available, and the only value was ASM with free dining.

Anyone else having trouble getting free dining as of today?
I booked the CBR room just in case, but don't really want to stay there. Should I keep calling back?

I called today to book my package and was told none of the moderates EXCEPT CBR pirate rooms have free dining available, and the only value was ASM with free dining.

Anyone else having trouble getting free dining as of today?
I booked the CBR room just in case, but don't really want to stay there. Should I keep calling back?

I'm not surprised that pickings are getting rather slim. The promo has been out for quite a while and is almost over. With POR being excluded, that reduced availability right from the start. It can't hurt to keep calling back, but I think you were smart to take what's available just so you have something. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much. This was a totally random trip and I haven't been keeping tabs on discounts so that was my own fault. Booooo.

Thanks so much. This was a totally random trip and I haven't been keeping tabs on discounts so that was my own fault. Booooo.

I think they just released 30% off rooms this fall. It may be a better deal depending on your situation.

Hello! I have a quesion. I have a 10-day package booked with free dining and now I have to make it 9 days. If I call to change my reservation, do I lose my free dining offer for the other 9 days, now that the offer is over:rolleyes1? Thanks!

mmaavvii said:
Hello! I have a quesion. I have a 10-day package booked with free dining and now I have to make it 9 days. If I call to change my reservation, do I lose my free dining offer for the other 9 days, now that the offer is over:rolleyes1? Thanks!

No you won't lose it, but if its within your 45 days or less window you will be assessed a change fee if $50.

If it is your original check in date that you are wanting to drop, it could present a problem, but if it is at the end, you should be okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter