It All Starts With A Wish: A Disney College Program TR NEW 9/3

I'm here! I know it's been said, but so happy for you. This is going to be a great way to follow along and get an inside look at the magic that is the CP. Hope your day went well, girl!

Hi everyone!! Just wanted to share that I'll be working in Frontierland attractions!! I don't know which attraction just yet but I am ECSTATIC to be working in the Magic Kingdom!!!

14683858034_3c87bce606_c.jpg

Just sayin' ;)

Hooray Courtney!!! I've been following along on your other social media pics but its good to have the full story! I'm so excited to find out what attraction you'll be working in Frontierland but I have a feeling you'd be happy with any of the options ^_^

AOA looks great and so far your time seems super chill and relaxing! Resort hopping is great. :flower:

Yippee! Frontier land, congratulations. :cheer2:
I discovered your trip reports about a month ago when I joined Disboards.
I'm so happy for you. I know you're going to have the time of your life.

I'm here, Courtney!

I'm so excited that you're doing a report for your DCP! :yay: Congratulations on being placed in MK - I can't wait to hear more details!

It's so nice that your mom was able to join you for a few days of fun before your "job" began. Art of Animation is such a beautiful resort - I'd love to stay there sometime. I love all of your pictures! :-)

:wave:Hi Courtney! I'm a little late to the party, but just read your 3 trips reports over the past few days and wanted to let you know I immensely enjoyed them. You have a lovely family and are one fun-lovin group - I got several laughs along the way. My 12-year old DD is taking ASL classes (she's also a HUGE Duffy and COP fan, I might add). She learned how to sign the song "You've Got a Friend in Me" in class and the first time she signed it for me, I got all teary eyed. You are so right, it is a beautiful language and I'm so glad Disney offers the signing services for their guests.

Congrats on your recent graduation and :cheer2: for being accepted in the CP and Frontierland attractions!
it was my pleasure to 'meet' you on the Dis - maybe I'll get to meet you in person in August when we are back in The World. I'll ask you to point me to the nearest churro stand (I think it's in Adventureland?) I've never had a Disney churro - don't judge me, I will rectify that in August! :upsidedow

P.S. I have signed up to follow you on Instagram - I haven't commented yet, but I'm tuppence1901

Very happy to hear you will be working in the Magic Kingdom and in Frontierland attractions ... definitely some good ones there!

I just found your latest trip report. Congrats on getting Frontierland. I can't wait to read more.
Liz

Hi everyone!! Just wanted to share that I'll be working in Frontierland attractions!! I don't know which attraction just yet but I am ECSTATIC to be working in the Magic Kingdom!!!
Catching up on this thread! Courtney, that is so great that you are working in MK. Hope that I'll get to do a DISmeet with you in October. Your instagram photos are wonderful, please keep them coming (I am following you as saraannmd there)

Hi Courtney! I am now back from my WDW trip. I had a great time with my family despite a few hiccups. It would have been cool if our plans would have overlapped while I was down there so I could have at least said hi to you. Oh well! One of these times!! :)

Great pictures from the resorts!!!

And Congrats to you on getting Frontierland!! WooHoo!!!! MK and Frontierland, AWESOME!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I have a LOT to update you guys on, so I won’t be able to reply to all your comments, but please know that I read every single one and they meant so much to me.

And I've been away for the past week, so that's why I haven't commented.
Catching up now, though.

And I saw something that I knew... I knew I had to share with just you.
I'll mention it a little later on, since you bring it up.

You'll see.

I slept approximately three hours before my alarm went off at 5:15 a.m. There was no way I was getting to sleep.

I'm surprised you even managed to get 3 hours in. :laughing:

That was me times 5,000 because I’m MOVING TO DISNEY WORLD!

:laughing: Can't you get just a little excited about it?

My mom and I drove to the airport and unloaded all our luggage:

18582403025_fb42ec6ff0_c.jpg

Where's your mom's luggage?

:rolleyes:

I slept for most of the three-hour flight,

Not sleeping will do that to ya.

Walking through the Orlando airport is always exciting (at least at the start of a trip),

Glad you clarified that. :)

This made me laugh.
Everyone wanting to go to Disney! Pick any lane!!!
Except that poor fellow who wants to go to Tampa.
Here. Go through this dark and dingy tunnel.

The gates of heaven:

::yes::

I love how the check-in desks are a color palette.

I never noticed that before! That's so cool!

Our room was ready and we got our requests (a lake view on the first floor).

Great!

I got pulled pork on cornbread waffles. I loved this because I would never ever think to try the two together but they worked perfectly!

I never would've thought they'd go together either!

I was so excited to see our Little Mermaid room, and it did not disappoint!!

So colourful!

The bathroom might be my favorite part:

Mine too! :rolleyes1
I'm a little shocked that Rob didn't comment on that too.

I guess I like Ariel a bit more than he does.

Just sayin'

Okay! This is what I was talking about!
I was at a place that had a truck serving.... churros.
I thought of you and started towards it... and stopped.
"Wait a sec. She said I had to try one in Disney. This ain't Disney."

So I still haven't had one... because I'm saving it for Disney... because you said so! :laughing:

The lobby is gorgeous. I love the high ceiling!

::yes:: It's pretty breathtaking, isn't it?

HAYYYYY ZEBRA

17960380634_c4f6f5b98e_c.jpg

:laughing: It looks like he's saying, "what?"

I can only imagine how amazing it must be to wake up in the morning, go out on your balcony, and see a giraffe right at the window.

::yes::

My mom and I are not exotic eaters at ALL. We like things basic and plain, to be honest. So this was pretty adventurous for us!

Sounds like the rest of my family.

We loved the flavors of everything we tried!

Good for you!
When we went, DD8 only ate the Mac n Cheese.
DD12, however... ate only the Mac n Cheese.
But at least DW had.... only the Mac n Cheese.

:sad2:

But after trying a bit of everything, we wondered why we didn’t just get a plate full of zebra domes.

OMG!!!!

Zebra Domes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................................

:faint:

These were UNREAL. I ate three and did not regret it. I would absolutely stay at AKL for the giraffes and the zebra domes.

::yes:: And just so you know, since you'll be there for a while, ya know.
You can get them to go (four to a pack) at The Mara.

I got some Tsum Tsums for $2.99, which is an absolute steal.

Had to Google that. Never heard of them before.

I’ve got six months here and a LOT of souvenirs to buy, so I didn’t want to buy too much the first weekend!

:laughing: Pace yourself girl!

Our beautiful lake view:

Nice!

I really loved all the areas, but if you made me pick a favorite, it would probably be Finding Nemo—I think the pool area is unbelievable and the characters are so adorable.

Do they still pipe the music underwater?

3. TONGA TOAST.

I've heard so much about this... and wrote it off because I thought it had coconut.
Put it back on the list.

I ordered the Lilikoi juice, my favorite!

Oooh, that sounds good.

Hi Aunt Patti and Uncle Rick!

Hi Courtney's Aunt and Uncle!

I inhaled my Tonga Toast in about three minutes. I am seriously obsessed with this meal—it’s churro French toast!

:lmao:

After breakfast we took a ride around on the monorail because Aunt Patti had emailed my mom saying she might like to ride the monorail this trip, as she’d never done it before. My mom immediately sent her a picture of Aunt Patti on the monorail on our July 2014 trip. Oops.

:laughing:

I had to go run through the fountains in the kids’ splashground section because I am five at heart.

I love this! I love you for doing that... for that reason! :laughing:

I also got sunburned on day 2 as a Floridian. Good job, Courtney.

Didn't I tell you to pace yourself?

Hope it's not too bad of a burn.

I dunno. That's a pretty small picture... could've been a stand-in.

Hmmm.... pretty convenient shadow across the face....

Nope. Still not convinced.

We went back to the hotel after a few hours and got some cupcakes:

I want to tour WDW with you.
Anyone who puts cupcakes on the their agenda... I wanna be with.

Congrats! So happy for you! I know you'll do great!

Following along! We will be arriving this Thursday and will look out for you in Frontierland! Hope you are having a great first week!

I'm new to your trip reports, but I'm looking forward to following along on this journey and catching up on your past reports!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter