It’s a...WDWKOOK LIVE TRIP of FIRSTS! TRIP SUMMARY PAGE 17!

Is your room the first room on the right as you leave the lounge to go down that hallway? Our room in Feb was the third door down and we never heard anything from the lounge, but I remember thinking that those first one or two doors, even though in the hallway, are pretty open to the lounge area. And I know that storage room you're talking about - saw several CMs rolling a cart in/out of there during our stay.

FWIW, CR was doing some kind of work inside in the wee hours of the morning last night (not sure of what time since no clocks in room!). Woke up a couple of times to some loud hammering. It was relatively short lived and not awful, but did wake me up briefly.

I apologize, I accidentally omitted your post from my multi-quote...

I'm closest to the kiddie section/TV, but tonight, the lounge and the 4th floor in general, is completely different from last night. No yelling or loud talking at all tonight. It went on till after 10:30 yesterday. Hardly anyone in the lounge tonight and very civilized.

Had a lovely conversation with a young CM named Kaylee. She confirmed that my check-in wasn't at all like she does it or how it's supposed to be. She thinks I got a front desk runner rather than a CL runner. The person who took me up seemed to know nothing about RPC, nor cared. So at least I know that my experience is supposed to be atypical. Franco has also been very cordial and polite as well as Ahmed who clears tables, etc... in the afternoon, and the concierge staff on the 3rd floor. However, the breakfast staff has been consistently meh. They don't smile or seem happy answering questions or getting things and I actually don't look forward to breakfast because they're so sullen. They were the first CMs I encountered when I got up here yesterday.

Speaking of clocks, I've now requested three of them from housekeeping this week, one at each resort, so three tips for a darn clock! 2/3 times, the CM who brought the clock told me that everyone seems to want them and they have told the management about this. I asked why they were removed, and the CMs claimed they didn't know. The CM here insisted on setting it for me which was nice. Each resort has given me a different clock.

The noise down below at CR really can travel easily up to all the rooms in the dead of night, except Tower Club. In the middle of the night you can really hear everything. I remember once awakening to the sounds of floor polishing, drilling and once to them setting the tables at CM. I still love that Tower though!

Last edited:
When I told the manager I couldn't get up there he looked at his computer and said, "Wow, you really love WL and CR...welcome back!" No one else acknowledged me as a repeat customer.

Sorry you didn't enjoy RPC as much as expected. I do agree that the "value" of CL is diminishing as more cuts are made (several of which you've highlighted). We continue to book CL, but hope they make some changes to improve the experience. Speaking to the new GM at the GF, she does seem to care about what matters most to the repeat guests and I hope she makes efforts to keep the CL experience what it should be. It sounds like she has to pick and choose as management has been looking to cut costs as everyone knows.

Interestingly enough, the OFC staff have been the only ones who consistently say "welcome back" whenever we have returned to the 7th floor. It really does help!

I'm a little surprised about the way yogurt is now being served in the CL. This past March the BWI CL still had yogurt in individual containers in the fridge at breakfast. They were happy to grab me a couple of them during the night time offerings that I kept in my room fridge to eat as a late night snack. I wonder if this will become an across the board thing at CL? Certainly hope not.

Several cute squirrels in my tree.

You know this trip your non club level food has looked yummy. So yummy in fact my day at AK I went to dinner at one of your stops. So see some positive in there. Oh and rain never really materialized today another bonus.

Where'd you have dinner? Well, it rained here on the Lagoon this evening...However, I did bring my extra cute umbrella I ordered from the Disney Store with me for the first time this trip, but I didn't get to use it, but tomorrow...
image.jpeg

@WDWKOOK - here is the yogurt setup every morning in Atrium Club this past weekend. At least it's on a refrigerated tray! But I agree, I'm not a fan. I don't like not knowing the ingredients, kind, etc.
View attachment 194198

You're kidding me? No, you're not. Thanks you for verifying. I'm going to assume then they're all doing this now?

Well, folks, say goodbye to CL yogurt in containers and say hello to CM worker's comp claims of yogurt scooping induced carpal tunnel:rolleyes:

Sorry you didn't enjoy RPC as much as expected. I do agree that the "value" of CL is diminishing as more cuts are made (several of which you've highlighted). We continue to book CL, but hope they make some changes to improve the experience. Speaking to the new GM at the GF, she does seem to care about what matters most to the repeat guests and I hope she makes efforts to keep the CL experience what it should be. It sounds like she has to pick and choose as management has been looking to cut costs as everyone knows.

Interestingly enough, the OFC staff have been the only ones who consistently say "welcome back" whenever we have returned to the 7th floor. It really does help!

It's good that you spoke with management. It can't hurt to do that and I think so few guests reach out to management with positive and negative remarks that they're often the last to know.

Each CL has their own budget and they can basically do as they like. Each resort GM also has this flexibility. This may be the reason all CR rooms have amenities not even other resort's CL rooms have. They have a new GM at CR who has made some changes. Where's your next CL stay?

Last edited:
"It's not like it used to be" is so accurate! I frankly have no need for it anymore. While it's nice being on a dedicated floor, even those rooms are hit or miss. When I changed from Tower Club to non-CL, I almost felt relieved. I had no more unmet expectations and I had total freedom to not feel obligated to eat or drink anything I didn't really want. But, I still had the exact same room amenities as CL.

I have been following your trip report with great interest. You summed up exactly why I decided not to try club level again - unmet expectations.

The OFC staff was very friendly and helpful when we were there last January. Even though our cl experience at WL lacked the amenities we had been expecting, the CMs were great.

I hope your trip in general was nice. It has been fun to follow along. :)

Last edited:
The food looks really good and I'm happy to hear that not all the CM's are cranky. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. That umbrella is too cute.

Enjoy the day!

Gosh it makes me sad to read about your disappointments this trip! I agree first impressions mean a lot. They set the tone for the whole trip. I remember back to our stay a couple months ago at BWI CL when we received our room number text and opted to go straight to our room from the Epcot way. We then went from our room to the lounge to enjoy a few snacks, and a frantic-looking Pete found us in the lounge and was carrying our welcome packet saying he had been waiting for us all day! Now this was our first stay there, so we didn't even know Pete. But he was making it a point to know us. I can say for certain that if we based our trips on CL interaction and service, BWI would rate as the best.

I'm glad the evening food was better last night for you (it looked great!). When we were there over Easter, we had pasta and Italian bread on 2 different nights. I won't say the sauce was super great, but it was good and we were excited to have something different than the norm.

You're kidding me? No, you're not. Thanks you for verifying. I'm going to assume then they're all doing this now?

Well, folks, say goodbye to CL yogurt in containers and say hello to CM worker's comp claims of yogurt scooping induced carpal tunnel:rolleyes:

All this yogurt talk has me now curious. On our last stay at CSR business class last year they had their house made yogurt in a big bowl but also had the individual sealed containers of yogurt on ice - I'll be anxious to see if any changes have been made there next month. I'm also going to have to check out the yogurt situation at YC CL too. I like yogurt BUT will admit that I have a "thing" about eating yogurt left out and not in a sealed container...I just can't do it. And if it's not refrigerated.... well forget it, I won't touch it - I know call me crazy!!

It's inevitable to have high expectations of the tippy-top CL, but I knew that between your experience and others, the level of service probably wouldn't match the price.

Just curious, why BC when I thought BWI was the new hands down CL winner?
It's all about availability....and price of course. BWI SV CL is opened for our dates at rack rate...but we have BC GV CL at $488/nt. Being that DH thinks we are not staying CL I probably shouldn't change this.....probably...For our trip to BWI we have the AP rate so it's on!!!! We also really liked BC CL lounge!!

Yes! Someone is back there scooping yogurt into teeny tiny cups! That aren't refrigerated!

:sad2:

You're welcome:). The view of so many Disney icons is almost overwhelming: Spaceship Earth, Poly, CR, MK, the monorail, Wishes, the ferry and hearing the WDW Railroad - amazing.

Hearing the ferry and MK sounds is one of the many things I love about staying at the monorail resorts :goodvibes.

Who you first encounter on any vacation really sets the tone, good or bad. It's too bad Disney doesn't stress this to their check-in staff. We all know what it feels like to be so excited to finally be on vacation, arrive at the resort, and get in the room we've booked months out and dreamed about. The guest and CM interaction is pretty much front loaded so if they could just make that right, it would help immensely.

I agree :thumbsup2

Where'd you have dinner? Well, it rained here on the Lagoon this evening...However, I did bring my extra cute umbrella I ordered from the Disney Store with me for the first time this trip, but I didn't get to use it, but tomorrow...
View attachment 194214

Love the umbrella :).

I like yogurt BUT will admit that I have a "thing" about eating yogurt left out and not in a sealed container...I just can't do it. And if it's not refrigerated.... well forget it, I won't touch it - I know call me crazy!!

Not crazy at all, I feel the same way ;).

Here is what I paid for these rooms, which includes tax and a 40% military discount.

GF RPC Deluxe: $625
BC GV/WV: $275. The YC LV room would have been $325, but the upgrade was comped.
CR Tower Club: $475
CR Tower, non-CL BLV: $365

I am in no way feeling RPC is worth $260 more per night than my amazing CR non-CL room and it certainly isn't worth $150 more than the Tower Club room. And, while the (comped) partial LV YC room can't compare to this room and view, those differences aren't worth $300 more per night, nor are the food and beverages. I think these are fair comparisons that do highlight that these CL rooms are getting more and more overpriced with less being offered.

I have been waiting for your final impressions on RPC. We had decided on a 4 day club level at Poly but the only thing available for our dates was RPC. At this price, we've decided on a cruise. It's cheaper!!! I love WDW. Right now I'm not feeling the love back!

I hope you've enjoyed the majority of your trip and bring home the good memories!

Liz

Today is the least crowded I have ever seen the MK in recent memory. Walked right on 7DMT with a FP, but still, never even stopped until I sat down on the ride. Tigger even had time to pose for me!

image.jpeg

WtP was less animated:

image.jpeg

Plenty of walk-on options in between FP:

image.png

image.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
:wave:Fabulous wait times!!!!!

Did you enjoy lunch at MK today? MK is by far still our favorite park.:cool1:

I think Pooh is looking a little less Poohish than usual???? I think his Sunday ((or Tuesday) best must be in the laundry...:laundy:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter