Is this a sign of the discount percentages for 2017?

JohnDaleswife

Sharing the same birthday with Donald Duck!
I am wondering if this is a sign. I emailed a certain travel agency I have used in the past for a quote of their discounts for early 2017. I received a quote for the Poly for four nights. The discounts that they had were right at 30%. Somewhat disappointing. I was really hoping for and somewhat expecting closer to 40% off. So I passed.

So this makes me wonder if the discounts on rooms that Disney releases in 2017 are gonna be slimmer as well. I think there are several deluxe resorts during certain seasons that had absolutely no uptick in price for next year. So they just may be lowering the room only discounts for next year to make up for it. Just a thought.

It is not a sign to me. Discounts offered directly through Disney at deluxe resorts always top out at 30% the last several years. If it is a special agency discount maybe they don't have final discounts negotiated or the Polynesian isn't discounted as much with the travel agent deals due to construction being finished.

It could be that it is just the Poly. Well this certain TA always had higher rates of discounts than what Disney would release to the general public. Makes me think that for the general public, Disney's room only discount for the Poly won't be above 20-25% for that time frame. Its all just speculation though.

I am wondering if this is a sign. I emailed a certain travel agency I have used in the past for a quote of their discounts for early 2017. I received a quote for the Poly for four nights. The discounts that they had were right at 30%. Somewhat disappointing. I was really hoping for and somewhat expecting closer to 40% off. So I passed.

So this makes me wonder if the discounts on rooms that Disney releases in 2017 are gonna be slimmer as well. I think there are several deluxe resorts during certain seasons that had absolutely no uptick in price for next year. So they just may be lowering the room only discounts for next year to make up for it. Just a thought.

I'm actually surprised you were able to get a discounted quote so soon. My TA, who I've been using the last few years for their agency exclusives has already told me that she won't have 2017 specials till early fall. That said, if you received a quote for 30% off, I'd take it. Disney discounts this year haven't been great compared to previous years and with more block out dates than in the past, I'd say 30% off is pretty good!

Wanted to add, which I am going to book this, just in case we go, 36% off of the Beach Club. That is the % that seems to normally be in line with many of the deluxe resorts for the first of the year. But, like someone said before, the construction is over at the Poly, and well its the Poly so Disney is probably not allowing them as high of a discount there.

Ill just wait to stay there when I can go during their biggest discount of they year with the Poly.

Are these discounts only for certain times of the year? I had been planning to go in January since the published rates are lowest then at the deluxes, but if I can get a lower price when it's warmer (but not too warm!), I'd be very interested!

I'm not sure, but I think its in that ball park for that time frame.

OP, just wondering where you are getting this info, as the agent I use for the exclusives says they won't be available for next year until late August, early September...

It could be that it is just the Poly. Well this certain TA always had higher rates of discounts than what Disney would release to the general public. Makes me think that for the general public, Disney's room only discount for the Poly won't be above 20-25% for that time frame. Its all just speculation though.
Im not sure if you mentioned but when are you planning on going?

OP, just wondering where you are getting this info, as the agent I use for the exclusives says they won't be available for next year until late August, early September...

I just got an agency exclusive quote today for February.

Does anyone know of any agency exclusives available yet for March 2017? One agency I received a quote from said that theirs won't be out until mid fall.

I think right now the only dates available are January and February.

I'm curious too. I normally book direct with Disney and have to wait until fall to see the discounts.

The only time I have ever seen a 40%discount at any deluxe resort is some type of military discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter