Is is possible?

Just order a few from zappos, keep a pair, and send the others back.

I was just coming to say this. I shop zappos every time I need shoes, and Dh has finally caught on. I order him shoes whenever he needs a new pair for here too. My size is now very hard to find in brick & mortar stores now, so onluine I go. 24hr shipping 365 day return:thumbsup2

I don't mind shopping for them, but I absolutely hate wearing them. I mean, I think shoes are gorgeous (I had a thing for Louboutin before Sex and the City came around), but I'd much rather be barefoot.

I actually started to shop for shoes at Target and have been relatively pleased. They don't last forever, but they're reliable for the price, and there's always a cheap and cheerful way to spice up your wardrobe. My ten-dollar flats look a lot more like seventy-dollar flats...plus you don't have to deal with people fetching boxes and watching you try things on.

Happy to see others out there who hate shoe shopping - I always thought I was the only one on the planet! This is a timely post since I was shoe shopping today for shoes to wear to job interviews, as well as some for work. I can wear sneakers with no problem, but nice women's shoes - forget it. :(

Like another poster said, I dread shoe shopping, to the point where I get myself so stressed that I literally get headaches and then get sick. Half the time when I decide to go shoe shopping, I work myself up into a frenzy so bad that I end up never leaving the house. I am so bad about it that I been trying for almost a YEAR to find shoes to wear to job interviews with no luck. I need to start searching for a better job and I can't begin looking until I have interview shoes!!! (And I also still need 2 interview suits, but that's a whole 'nother frustrating thread). And every time I go shoe shopping I can't find anything and give up. I am a small size ( 5 and a half, maybe a 6), and even if I find something that fits, I either just can't walk in them right, or they start instantly cutting into my toes and heels, and I am in agony.

Even price seems to make no difference - I tried on painful $80 shoes that hurt just as bad as $20 Payless shoes. None of these shoes have enough padding and my feet slide around, or the sides of the shoe cuts right into my skin.

I have only one black pair of shoes left that fit which I wear to work every day. They have to last me forever at this point.

I did buy 2 pairs of shoes today, and my heel is already cut from trying it on for 2 miniutes. The only way to wear these shoes will be to bandaid every toe and the back of my heal and wear a shoe liner or some sort. I have a feeling these new shoes will never be worn. And then it's back to the same old frustrating search. :sad2:

Well at least it's nice to see others who relate to this issue!

I dread shoe shopping and avoid it whenever possible.
I guess I am not the only girl like this after all, huh?:rotfl:

marcyinPA said:
To be a woman and hate shopping for shoes?! :rotfl2:

I need to buy a pair of black dress heels for a function on Friday night, and I am dreading going shopping for them! I admit it- I am not a shoe or a purse girl. What's wrong with me?! ;)

I'm with you, OP! I hate shoe shopping!! I have crazy high arches and its very difficult to find shoes that fit and are comfortable.

I'm not really a purse girl, either. I found a fun zebra striped purse a few years ago that I carry all the time. Zebra matches everything, right? :lmao:

ETA: DH loves that I can't stand shopping and am not into shoes or purses! :rotfl:

To be a woman and hate shopping for shoes?! :rotfl2:

I need to buy a pair of black dress heels for a function on Friday night, and I am dreading going shopping for them! I admit it- I am not a shoe or a purse girl. What's wrong with me?! ;)

:rotfl: I hate shopping for myself period! Bra shopping --absolutely need it - but hate it! :thumbsup2 For some reason, I feel guilty spending money on myself. I feel like I could send that money to my kids in college. I don't know why I hate shopping for me so much. My DD14 - I'll take her and buy her cute stuff - me - nope, can't do it.

I have the same Brighton purse that can go over my chest (for my Vegas trips) that is 8 years old. That speaks alot for Brighton!

It is a waste of money for me to buy shoes. I wear the same Sketcher slip ons everyday - or flip flops when it's hot. (Shaking head) I have no style whatsoever!

I hate shopping, period.

Me too. If I have to do it for more than one hour, I get tense and my shoulders start tightening up. I prefer Internet shopping, but with the way sizes vary, it makes more sense to try on clothes. I wish I could do what my kids do. They're identical twins, and when one of them is tired of trying on clothes, she asks her sister to do it for her so she can see how the shirt or pants would look on her.

I hate shopping when I am looking for something specific. Nothing seems to be what I am looking for or "just right".

I love shopping when I have free range though!

I'm with you...I've been looking for a pair of nude color pump for 2 years, just found them....but nude pum is probably "out" now...:rotfl2:

Yep. I used to have three pairs of shoes: sneakers, black flats, and tan flats.
I've expanded a bit, but more variations on a theme. I've started just going online for them.

I have a black purse and a brown purse. Mostly, I just put my wallet in my briefcase for work.

OMG you sound just like me! I have one pair of sneakers (which I need to replace desparately), one pair of black flats, one pair of black heels and one pair of bone colored sandles with a heel. Before that it was just sneakers, one pair of heels, a bone colored flat, and a black colored flat shoe.

As far as a purse goes, I only have one leather black one. That's it. I'm VERY picky when it comes to purses.

DH can't seem to figure me out when it comes to shoes and purses. I'm not like a typical woman who has a pair of shoes for each outfit. Nope. Just the basic colors. Soft white or bone colors for the spring/summer and dark color(s) for the fall/winter.

I love looking at shoes at the stores. But unfortunately, all the high heels I like are too high and too thin for me to wear. When I was a kid and learning to walk in high heels, I wobbled a lot. My mom would laugh and say to me, "Weebles wobbles, but they don't fall down. But in your case you fall." (this was a reference to the original Weeble Wobbles from the 70's/80's) :rotfl: I never could get used to wearing heels without wobbling in them. The other thing I hate about heels is that all my weight falls onto the balls of my feet. Which after a few minutes, hurt. Also doesn't help when you have two pinched nerves in your left foot (which I'm currently getting shots for) :headache:. You can't buy any type of shoe/sneaker with one wide shoe and one medium shoe. They don't make them like that.

I hate shopping for apparel, period. I love shoes in theory, but I'm uncomfortable in 99% of them. The only shoes I truly love are flip flops and Converse Chuck Taylor All-Star hi-tops. I have flat feet, which give me no problems in those or when I'm barefoot, but hurt horribly when I wear anything dressier. High heels are out of the question. My toes are wider than my heels, so sandal straps cut into my little toes, but my heels slip out of anything with an enclosed back. And of course...the dreaded one foot considerably larger than the other.

I had to go to a church christening a few weeks ago and all I had to wear were my everyday slip-ons that look like sneakers. Thankfully, I'm so short that my petite-length pants are too long and (mostly) covered them!

I also hate shopping. I wear special fit shoes that are ugly but comfortable so random shoe shopping is out of the question. I quit working so I have enough clothes so no need to shop for clothes. I don't carry a purse, only a Vera Bradley wristlet so no need to purse shop because when I need a new one I just go on-line.

I have needed to make a Target run for 2 weeks and just keep putting it off.

I agree with the PP poster, I do enjoy grocery shopping, but I think thats because I was a retail food broker for 25 years and spent way too much time in grocery stores so its where I am most comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter