• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is 7DMT worth all the hype?

We love it, but don't love it enough to stand in the stand-by line for it. It is a really short ride and the stand-by is just crazy most days. With a FP, yes it it totally worth it! It is one of the smoothest rides I've been on. The theming is great, they really did a great job with it, especially in the mine scene. I only waited one time in the stand by line for it, and that was during mvmcp in November and the park had no crowds at all and everything was a walk on... we got on in only 10 minutes that night. Great ride, just wish it were a little longer.

Thanks for the replies - one FP it is.

How's Test Track? I'm thinking of switching my MK FP for that morning to the evening at Epcot instead. As a reference, at DLR we love Space, BTMRR, Splash, California Screamin, and in Paris we liked Aerosmith's Rock n' Roller.

I would ride TT ten times for every one ride on 7DMT.

For Fast Pass? Definitely. If you can get into the line first thing in the day and wait 30 minutes or less? Definitely. Stand-By? No way. Its such a short ride and not a true thrill ride. It's very sweet, the theme and decor are amazing but it's not a large scale coaster.

thanks for all the info--I was wondering the same thing as OP. Guess I'll be trying to get a FP for it! :)

We enjoy the ride but would never wait in the crazy long lines to ride it. It is not worth that even if you cannot otherwise ride in my opinion. We only FP +. Luckily we have always gotten the FP+

To me, it is a cute ride with nice theming, but not worth the extreme hype, which I assume is because it is so new.

We rode this once during the day and it was OK, but nothing we would go out of our way to do. That being said, we will be riding it again at some point at night when it's dark out. There's a few rides at Disney that seem more magical at night, and I recommend trying any rides with outdoor exposure in the daytime and again at night to see which is better.

Thanks for the replies - one FP it is.

How's Test Track? I'm thinking of switching my MK FP for that morning to the evening at Epcot instead. As a reference, at DLR we love Space, BTMRR, Splash, California Screamin, and in Paris we liked Aerosmith's Rock n' Roller.

I used to really enjoy TT until two things happened: 1) they changed the theme and 2) I rode RSR at DL. It's worth riding TT once, but go in with low expectations if you've been on RSR.

It is a very smooth ride but it goes by very quickly in relation to how long the wait can be. It is not one we get on without a fast pass. It is cute but to us it is not worth the hype nor the lines.

A cute little kiddie coaster. Worth doing once, and a bit more if you can get FP+. Lining up for hours, no way!

The only reason one would consider it hyped is that it's new. The ride is perfectly good and a nice addition to Fantasyland. The demand will normalize once it's been around for a while and I don't think folks will consider it to be overhyped then.

So if you've been to the park frequently, I'd say yes you should definitely ride. If you're an infrequent visitor, it goes somewhere down to a medium priority, given all the other great stuff to do.

Meh. I wouldn't wait more than 15 minutes or so to ride it again. It was short, boring, and slow. Barnstormer with dwarves.

This is accurate. It is Barnstormer with dwarves. Which made me laugh. :-)

However, I love it! My kids LOVE it. I find it absolutely adorable, and I would go again and again because my kids are at great ages for it. They are also at great ages for Winnie the Pooh, though, so take that with a grain of salt. :-)

As someone who doesn't usually like coasters, I loved this one. It was smooth and just thrilling enough for someone who isn't big on thrill rides. My boyfriend loves thrill rides though and he wanted to go on it multiple times. Riding it at night is pretty cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter