Is 7DMT worth all the hype?

NewbieMouse

DIS Veteran
We have never ridden this, and I'm trying to determine how much I work this into my plans (pursuits, rest assured, I am planning to ride it and have worked it in, I'm just looking at total FP+ allocation here).

I You Tube'd it, and I'm thinking it's kinda like a Fantasyland BTMRR. :confused3 Is that accurate, and how do people feel about it?

We have never ridden this, and I'm trying to determine how much I work this into my plans (pursuits, rest assured, I am planning to ride it and have worked it in, I'm just looking at total FP+ allocation here).

I You Tube'd it, and I'm thinking it's kinda like a Fantasyland BTMRR. :confused3 Is that accurate, and how do people feel about it?
It's not nearly as exciting as BTMRR.

It's a very nicely themed, incredibly smooth, kiddie coaster.

It's definitely not as jerky as BTMRR and probably a little less "thrilling" but our kids really love it. I feel like the drop seems more significant on 7DMT than on BTMRR. It's definitely worth doing but I wouldn't wait an hour to do it. The wait for this ride was 85 minutes the entire day I was there last month. It's fun but not enough to stand in line that long.

I love it. The animatronic scenes are great and the coaster is smooth and fast, if over a bit too quickly. It's a lot of fun!

Honestly it's a one and done ride for me but I know I'll be riding it in the future when the kids are tall enough. It's barely thrilling IMO.

You should definitely try it at least once. We really enjoyed 7DMT!

The theming is fabulous. The animatronics are great. And the ride is fun, although I agree a bit short.

I would try to FP it though. The lines tend to be long and I wouldn't want to wait a long time for such a short ride. :)

A little too short, but a lot of fun nonetheless. I find it worth the FP but not worth doing a crazy long standby wait for it. It's definitely smoother than BTMRR.

Great mix of dark ride and very mild coaster. Like others have said, the biggest shortcoming is its duration. It is entirely too short. But it's still a great ride. It is definitely worth a fastpass if you can get one, and worth a 20-30 minute wait if you are lucky enough to experience that (had a 25 minute wait at 1:30 in the morning during evening extra magic hours when I went last year), but I don't feel it is worth a 60+ minute wait.

Thanks for the replies - one FP it is.

How's Test Track? I'm thinking of switching my MK FP for that morning to the evening at Epcot instead. As a reference, at DLR we love Space, BTMRR, Splash, California Screamin, and in Paris we liked Aerosmith's Rock n' Roller.

No, not really, but its still fun and worth a FP. I don't think its as fast or long as BTMRR, but DS5 really enjoyed it. We went back and rode it during the fireworks with a 10min wait. It was pretty neat to see the fireworks blasting off while we rode.

We rode last year and enjoyed it but won't use a FP for it again this year. We got to the park at rope drop on an EMH morning and went directly there and waited about 20 minutes. Will do the same this time around and save our FP's for other rides later in the morning. That morning we did 7DMT, Teacups, Barnstormer, Space Mountain, Winnie the Pooh, and TTA before our first FP window at 10:00.
It is very similar to BTMRR but as stated above, smoother. Definitely worth a try but not worth a long wait.

It's a great ride but imo not worth more than a 30-min wait. Definitely fast pass or go there first thing at rope drop, staying in the front of the pack and ride standby. It's the perfect coaster for coaster chickens. :wave2: Ride in the back for more of a thrill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter