Input on ADR plan?

PlanningForTheFamily

Earning My Ears
My DH and I will be traveling with our 4 year old and 2.5 year old in January 2017. Hard to believe we're already getting close to the time to make our dining reservations! Here's our current plan with a couple questions:

Day 1 - Travel, no ADRs

Day 2 - Magic Kingdom

BOG - 8:15 (what are the chances I can actually get this reservation at the beginning of the trip?)

Ohana - 4:00

Day 3 - DHS

Hollywood & Vine - 11:00

Day 4 - Epcot

Garden Grill - 11:00

Restaurant Marrakesh - 7:30 (date night with DH, kids with a sitter)

Day 5 - Pool/Epcot evening

Biergarten - 4:00 or Akershus - 4:55 (opinions? Kids like princesses but are not princess-crazy, we're planing CRT for the next day)

Day 6 - Magic Kingdom

BOG - 11:00 (worth trying lunch even though we will have been for breakfast?)

CRT - 4:15

Day 7 - Animal Kingdom

Tusker House - 10:50

Day 8 - Chef Mickey’s/ Travel

Chef Mickey’s - 11:30

I don't think you'll have a problem getting Be Our Guest breakfast, unless it's the first day of your trip . . . and you have it day 2. That is still before most people can reserve it. I was nervous because I would practice everyday at 6am for a week before my window opened for early december and I never got one single reservation. Then when my window opened, I could get any day, any time except for that 1st day. I would just make sure its one of the first you reserve. That one and CRT will be your toughest, so try to get them first thing!

I actually had more trouble getting Ohana at 180+ than Be Our Guest for our November trip. January should be less crowded than my week, so I don't think you'll have a problem. If you really want an early time at Ohana like 4, you probably want to reserve it first or second also.

I would highly recommend biergarten over Akershus. I personally do not like the menu and thought that the princess greeting was rushed and not as good as other character meals.

I actually had more trouble getting Ohana at 180+ than Be Our Guest for our November trip. January should be less crowded than my week, so I don't think you'll have a problem. If you really want an early time at Ohana like 4, you probably want to reserve it first or second also.

I agree with this. I couldn't get Ohana for early in my trip so had to do it later but didn't have a problem with BOG bfast. I'd try for CRT first, Ohana then BOG. As for Akershus, in my opinion, I probably wouldn't do both that and CRT if your kids aren't that crazy about princesses, especially 2 days in a row. But, I've never eaten at Akershus so take that for what it's worth. I'm not sure if the food is that worth it if your kids aren't super into the princesses but I could be wrong. The only reason I have both booked for our next trip is to try and take advantage of getting in the park early to do the A&E M&G. I wouldn't be going there if it weren't for that reason.

I think both your Day 2 options (BOG and Ohana) may be hard to get that early in your trip. If you are doing CRT, I wouldn't do Akershus too. Remember to start with your hardest ADRs - CRT, Ohana and BOG. Good luck!

Like others say start with the hardest to get (though I think you would have to wait till the phone lines open for CRT).

Day 2-I'm not sure if the breakfast at BoG is as hard to get so you might be safe on day 2. For september I got an Ohana dinner ADR the second day of my trip with no trouble.

Day 5-biergarten unless you can't get CRT, I think that would be too many similar meals otherwise.

Day 6-if the lunch menu appeals to you, we didn't enjoy our lunch there but many do. I think your meals would be too close this day though you may not be hungry enough for dinner.

Day 7-Tusker House is delicious!

I don't think you'll have a problem getting Be Our Guest breakfast, unless it's the first day of your trip . . . and you have it day 2. That is still before most people can reserve it. I was nervous because I would practice everyday at 6am for a week before my window opened for early december and I never got one single reservation. Then when my window opened, I could get any day, any time except for that 1st day. I would just make sure its one of the first you reserve. That one and CRT will be your toughest, so try to get them first thing!

Oh good! I hope I have the same experience!

Looks like a great plan! My 4yo has been to Biergarten a couple of times and loves the show. It's something fun and different since you already have a few character meals.

Cool! Biergarten does sound fun! I think we'll go with that. Something a bit different. :)

Thanks. I didn't realize that Ohana might be the issue. Good to know!

I would highly recommend biergarten over Akershus. I personally do not like the menu and thought that the princess greeting was rushed and not as good as other character meals.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I think we're going with Biergarten.

I agree with this. I couldn't get Ohana for early in my trip so had to do it later but didn't have a problem with BOG bfast. I'd try for CRT first, Ohana then BOG. As for Akershus, in my opinion, I probably wouldn't do both that and CRT if your kids aren't that crazy about princesses, especially 2 days in a row. But, I've never eaten at Akershus so take that for what it's worth. I'm not sure if the food is that worth it if your kids aren't super into the princesses but I could be wrong. The only reason I have both booked for our next trip is to try and take advantage of getting in the park early to do the A&E M&G. I wouldn't be going there if it weren't for that reason.

I'm so glad I posted! I never would have know that Ohana should be the second one to go for. Thanks for the advice. And yeah, I agree - one princess meal should be good. I hope I can get CRT!

I think both your Day 2 options (BOG and Ohana) may be hard to get that early in your trip. If you are doing CRT, I wouldn't do Akershus too. Remember to start with your hardest ADRs - CRT, Ohana and BOG. Good luck!

Thanks! That's the order I'll try for.

Like others say start with the hardest to get (though I think you would have to wait till the phone lines open for CRT).

Day 2-I'm not sure if the breakfast at BoG is as hard to get so you might be safe on day 2. For september I got an Ohana dinner ADR the second day of my trip with no trouble.

Day 5-biergarten unless you can't get CRT, I think that would be too many similar meals otherwise.

Day 6-if the lunch menu appeals to you, we didn't enjoy our lunch there but many do. I think your meals would be too close this day though you may not be hungry enough for dinner.

Day 7-Tusker House is delicious!

Why would I have to wait for the phone lines for CRT? Do they not do online reservations?

Thanks for your thoughts! I'm curious what you didn't like about the BOG lunch? Is it heavy? I was thinking of just getting the potato leek soup, but DH would probably get the braised pork. We'll have to think about the timing...

My DH and I will be traveling with our 4 year old and 2.5 year old in January 2017. Hard to believe we're already getting close to the time to make our dining reservations! Here's our current plan with a couple questions:

Day 1 - Travel, no ADRs

Day 2 - Magic Kingdom

BOG - 8:15 (what are the chances I can actually get this reservation at the beginning of the trip?)

Ohana - 4:00

Day 3 - DHS

Hollywood & Vine - 11:00

Day 4 - Epcot

Garden Grill - 11:00

Restaurant Marrakesh - 7:30 (date night with DH, kids with a sitter)

Day 5 - Pool/Epcot evening

Biergarten - 4:00 or Akershus - 4:55 (opinions? Kids like princesses but are not princess-crazy, we're planing CRT for the next day)

Day 6 - Magic Kingdom

BOG - 11:00 (worth trying lunch even though we will have been for breakfast?)

CRT - 4:15

Day 7 - Animal Kingdom

Tusker House - 10:50

Day 8 - Chef Mickey’s/ Travel

Chef Mickey’s - 11:30

I would definitely do Biergarten over Akershus. It was one of the better buffets we had and they have entertainment. Like the above poster mentioned Ohana is great and should be on the top of your list to make reservations as they fill up quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter