• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

info/opinion on lunch/dinner at mgm with imagineer?

Would love to take my 14 yr old DS for lunch at brown derby to sit with an imagineer. His goal in life is to design roller coasters and is totally in awe with wdw.
the lunch is $60 and I don't think there is much on the menu he will eat. DH will be going with him.
Is it worth the money for the experience of sitting with an imagineerhas

looking for opinions?

It certainly was for my son and his then grlfriend...now fiancee. Her dream is to be an Imagineer and so we made a reservation for them as a gift to her.

They had a wonderful time. The Imagineer they dined with was a designer I think and was very interesting. There are all types of jobs within Imagineering so your son would not necessarily get someone who designs rides. But I'm sure they all have that Disney vision and imagination.

They also really enjoyed the food. The whole experience was wonderful for them.

I have read that there is an age requirement now just so you know. I can't remember what it is though! :crazy:

There is an age 'suggestion' of 14 or above, but no actual restriction. If you'll pony up the cash, they'll feed your kids.

does anyone remember what type of food was served?

and my son will be 14 at the time but do you think that is still too young?

I don't think 14 is too young at all if he would enjoy the experience. I think it was 2 hours long although the time flew for my two. I would explain it to him and let him decide if it were me. 14yos vary so much!

I think they had a couple of choices for each course. As best I recall, the courses were the same or very similar to some of those offered in the regular dining room of Brown Derby.

I remember them raving over the service as well. It was truly a special experience for them.

Oh, and as you probably know, diners get a special plate with their name printed on it. The Imagineer signed it. Unfortunately, DSF's named was misspelled! If I ever book it again, I would double check on that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter