Indy Zoo

ajwolfe

DIS Veteran
We are heading to Indianapolis later this week and was thinking about popping into the zoo. Was wondering if it's really worth a visit and if the Christmas lights at night are nice. Anyone have any experience with this?

I think it all depends on where you live and what Zoos you visit most often. The Indy Zoo is definitely a nice Zoo, but I've also been to bigger and better ones. I live just outside of Indy, so we visit the Indy Zoo a few times per year. We went a few weeks ago and really enjoyed the lights. I have younger kids, so they loved meeting Santa and participating in the other holiday activities. There is construction going on towards the front of the Zoo but you can easily navigate around it.

If the weather isn't ideal for the Zoo and you've got kids, I highly recommend the Children's Museum. They've got some really great exhibits this year!

We live close to St Louis and they have a pretty awesome, free zoo; but thought it might be nice to try something else.
We did the Children's museum the last time we were there and loved it...Just thought I might try something different this time although the kids did mention going back to the children's museum.

Thanks for the insight!!

I also would recommend the Children's Museum... the Jolly Days lasts until Jan 8 and Doc McStuffins was still happening when we went today-not sure when that one leaves.

We like the Indy zoo because it is small and the animals seem closer. If they have the dolphin show still, we really liked that.

Agree about the Indy Zoo not being at the top of my list of favorite zoos but I enjoy visiting (I live in Indy) but I think the lights are pretty cool. If you go look at ordering tickets on line because the price can vary. There is also a drive through light show at the Indianapolis Speedway this year, not too far from the zoo that we enjoyed. If you do this make sure you set your radio to the channel that is featuring Christmas music to go along with it. Enjoy your visit here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter