I'm back! Family trip with DDE, Aug 13-20! Pics included, of course! updated 11/2

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 For Mom drinking 2 Lapu Lapu's!!!!!

yeah she's a champ! she sure can down that alcohol...maybe that's where i get it from!!! :rotfl2:

Hi Marcia! Glad you're back with a new update :thumbsup2 Looks like a good meal and I need to get me a Lapu Lapu :goodvibes

is it just me, or does it look like who ever made the b-day cupcake had a couple of pineapple drinks before making it??? ;)

haha, yeah, it sure wasn't the prettiest thing to look at!

DROOL!!!!!!!!!! great - now i have to clean up the mess i made on my keyboard!

is it just me or does she look like a very made-up hawaiian britney spears???

your mom is a smart lady. any kind of fruit infused with alcohol is the BEST! :thumbsup2

yeah, you're right on the britney thing, too funny! and yeah, mmm fruit infused w/alcohol! good stuff

Great Update Marsh !! I haven'tbeen to O'Hanmas yet but def . plan too on one of my trips !!

oh def make the trip, it's so worth it!

hi,
great update and pics.

we are eating at Chefs in December and also O'Hana. first time for dinner there.

She had 2 Lapu's? WOW.

I might try that backscratcher

yeah, i've had the lapu's before, but had to go with the backscratcher this time. they're both great!

Crystal Palace, breakfast, 8.20.08

We started our last day with a morning at the Magic Kingdom, and with a late breakfast at Crystal Palace. Our ADR was for 10, so after we did a few rides, we headed over and checked in at 9:45. This is the place we used to always go as kids, even though we always did dinner. So it was pretty much a blast from the past, with the characters and all.

We started off with Orange Juice, all around!
pic1087.jpg

We got loads of character pics, but here's just a couple of us with Pooh, the rest will be in the regular trippie!
pic1094.jpg

pic1095.jpg

Here's my first plate. A made-to-order veggie/egg white omelet, fresh fruit, and a piece of puffed french toast. Oh yeah, and that's my bowl of ketchup on the side....I'm a ketchup freak! That puffed french toast rocks!
pic1093.jpg

Another plate...Mickey waffle, breakfast lasagna, and quinoa cereal
pic1097.jpg

Quinoa cereal close up. I only had a bite of this...it wasn't what I was expecting. I guess I'm more used to quinoa as a savory thing, not sweet.
pic1098.jpg

Breakfast Lasagna close up. Oh man. This stuff is sooooo good. Layers of pastry type stuff, custardy, fruity, oh, I can't even tell you. The picture doesn't do it justice.
pic1099.jpg

Another plate with the breakfast lasagna, along with some strawberries, pineapple, and whipped cream
pic1103.jpg

And then some plain yogurt w/granola and dried fruits. Nothing special. Oh, and a couple bananas we took with us for later (I know, bad, but whatever).
pic1104.jpg

Oh okay, one more character pic, because I love this one so much!
pic1106.jpg

This is a great breakfast. The food is wonderful, and so is the character interaction. I highly recommend it!

Now, this is the last of the food reviews...well, meals anyway...I've got an extra little update left over...to come soon!

next up: special add on review!

Your reviews are some of the best on this board, I'm not kidding. Hopefully, that bit of true praise will buffer this comment.....that quinoa looks like something that came out of my dog before I wormed him.:scared:

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself from typing that, it was THERE, in my mind.

Crystal Palace is my most do every trip! I have only done dinner cuz they have shrimp!! But I love this place !!

I can't wait to take my kidletts to Crystal Palace! And my 1 year old (who was watching your TR from my lap) just said Pooh Bear for the first time!

What an awesome picture!

thanks, i love it!

Your reviews are some of the best on this board, I'm not kidding. Hopefully, that bit of true praise will buffer this comment.....that quinoa looks like something that came out of my dog before I wormed him.:scared:

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself from typing that, it was THERE, in my mind.

hehe, thanks for the praise! it really means a lot! and i know, the quinoa doesn't look too appealing, and it didn't taste all that great anyway. but i'm pretty familiar with it, so i wasn't put off my the look of it anyway

Crystal Palace is my most do every trip! I have only done dinner cuz they have shrimp!! But I love this place !!

oh yes, i've done lunch and dinner there too, good stuff! my next trip (next week!!!!) i'm doing dinner my MVMCP night, and breakfast my last day!

I can't wait to take my kidletts to Crystal Palace! And my 1 year old (who was watching your TR from my lap) just said Pooh Bear for the first time!

they will love it! and that is soooo adorable about your 1 yr old! precious :lovestruc

sadly, my last installment is coming up

Tune In Lounge, drinks, 8.20.08

Well, we couldn't leave without one more trip to see David, now could we??

Me and mom went over to MGM after our morning in the MK. (The boys spent their time meeting characters at the monorail hotels...but you can read about that when I get up to that point in my trippie.) We hit the RnR single rider line one last time, I know this is a food report, but here's the face I made because I was sad to be leaving!
pic1152.jpg

Anyway, so we went over to the Tune In Lounge to say one last goodbye. We ordered drinks, of course. Grandma's Picnic Punch for me, and a Glowtini for mom. Both with glowcubes, of course!
pic1155.jpg

Oh hey, I forgot about this, but it looks like my mom ordered onion rings as well! I'm sure she loved them
pic1156.jpg

Then I took a couple pictures of the well stocked bar
pic1157.jpg

pic1158.jpg

David managed to stay out of the pics this time, but we did have him take one of the two of us
pic1159.jpg

Then we went outside and held up the hat...
pic1161.jpg

(yes, it was raining! love those ponchos!)

Okay, so that's all I've got. We went back to Pop where we caught the Magical Express, then had some crappy fast food at the airport. Of which I did not take pictures.

So yeah, the end! But don't fret, loyal readers! As I'm sure you have noticed, I'm leaving for another solo trip next Tuesday! That's right, Tues Nov 11, and my first meal will be at Jiko. Never been there, can't wait! And I will be home late Wed Nov 19. So expect to see reviews start to come in over that weekend.

Until then my friends, I bid you adieu! :dance3:

So after looking at all those punches, it looks like something I need to order next time. What's in it??

And you'll love Jiko. I had the Chef's Flatbread, the filet, and the Lemon Curd for dessert and my meal was delicious. Oh, and the Mount Kilamirita (sp?)

fantastic food and photos....thanks so much for doing this........HAVE another good time and we are all looking forward to more photos......

Great reviews Marcia!:thumbsup2

I can't believe you're going back next week - that's when we'll be there! I'll be sure to look for you when I stop into the Tune In Lounge for a beverage!:goodvibes

Great report and I cannot wait to hear about your solo trip, have a safe trip and have FUN!

We did Jiko on my b-day last month and loved loved loved it! Tons of pics and review in my link. Cannot wait to hear what you think!

Great reviews and pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Looking forward to your upcoming trip reviews.

I'll be waiting for your next report Marsh!!

thanks, can't wait to report it!

So after looking at all those punches, it looks like something I need to order next time. What's in it??

And you'll love Jiko. I had the Chef's Flatbread, the filet, and the Lemon Curd for dessert and my meal was delicious. Oh, and the Mount Kilamirita (sp?)

Grandma's Picnic Punch -- Grandma concocted a wonderful drink for the family picnic with vodka, peach schnapps, creme de cassis, pink lemonade and pineapple juice. YUMM-O

and i'm sure i will love jiko. i dont' do red meat, but there are plenty of other choices for me! mmmm, mount kilamirita sounds like a must do!

fantastic food and photos....thanks so much for doing this........HAVE another good time and we are all looking forward to more photos......

thank you so much!

got to get me some of that breakfast lasagna! :lovestruc

oh yes, most def, it's awesome!

Great reviews Marcia!:thumbsup2

I can't believe you're going back next week - that's when we'll be there! I'll be sure to look for you when I stop into the Tune In Lounge for a beverage!:goodvibes

holy cow, i will surely be on the lookout! haha, obviously, you know what i look like, and you know where to find me!

Great report and I cannot wait to hear about your solo trip, have a safe trip and have FUN!

We did Jiko on my b-day last month and loved loved loved it! Tons of pics and review in my link. Cannot wait to hear what you think!

thank you! and yes, i'm pretty sure i read your review of jiko, but i will go take another look. i'm really looking forward to it!

Great reviews and pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Looking forward to your upcoming trip reviews.

thank you and you're welcome!

Really enjoyed your reviews and pictures.

thank you! i really enjoyed doing them!

holy cow, i will surely be on the lookout! haha, obviously, you know what i look like, and you know where to find me!

Well, I won't be hard to miss. I'm with my two daughters - one who is in a wheelchair. And, I shamelessly have no problem pushing her with one hand, while holding a Dad's Electric Lemonade in the other! Keep an eye out for us!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter