I'm back! Family trip with DDE, Aug 13-20! Pics included, of course! updated 11/2

marsh0013

i want to drive the zamboni
Well, I have returned once again. Sad to be home, but we had the best time! We had at least one sit down restaurant each day, and a few random stops at different counter service/snack locations. DDE is so much better for us than DDP, as we did tend to have more than 1 sit down per day. Anyway, here's a list of where we ate!

L - Gardenview Lounge Tea --- page 1, post 8 (updated 8.21)
S - Cosmic Ray's --- page 1, post 8 (updated 8.21)
D - Chef Mickey's --- page 2, post 20 (updated 8.22)
B - Main Street Bakery --- page 3, post 38 (updated 8.25)
D - Mama Melrose --- page 3, post 39 (updated 8.25)
L - 50's Prime Time Cafe --- page 4, post 46 (updated 8.28)
S - French Kiosks --- page 4, post 46 (updated 8.28)
D - Tutto Italia --- page 5, post 62 (updated 8.31)
S - Aloha Isle --- page 5, post 62 (updated 8.31)
B - Tusker House --- page 6, post 90 (updated 9.3)
D - San Angel Inn --- page 7, post 97 (updated 9.4)
S - Sunshine Seasons --- page 7, post 97 (updated 9.4)
S - Adventurer's Club --- page 7, post 97 (updated 9.4)
D/S - 50's Prime Time Cafe --- page 8, post 110 (updated 9.7)
B - Main Street Bakery --- page 9, post 124 (updated 9.11)
L - The Plaza --- page 9, post 132 (updated 9.17)
[also included drinks in Epcot and Miyuki candy!]
D - Fulton's --- page 10, post 148 (updated 9.24)
B - Sunshine Seasons --- page 11, post 163 (updated 9.29)
L - Les Chefs de France --- page 12, post 167 (updated 10.13)
D - Ohana --- page 12, post 175 (updated 10.27)
B - Crystal Palace --- page 13, post 182 (updated 10.30)
S - surprise!!! drinks @ Tune In Lounge --- page 13, post 188 (updated 11.2)

my brothers had some other counter service at pop, but i wasn't there to take pics, so those won't be included.

I will update this first post with the page and post number of each review. I've already started uploading photos, so I will start the reviews soon!

Looking forward to your reviews........thanks for taking the time

Your reviews were awesome last time!! I have been waiting for this report to start and can't wait for the first one!!;)

Gardenview Lounge Tea, Lunch, 8.13.08

So we arrived at exactly 2:00pm, right when the Lounge opens, and we waited a couple minutes to be greeted. Once I get to posting my regular trip report, you will see that this was a nice surprise, as we had been running pretty late.

Now, at this point, it was only 3 of us, as my middle brother, Chris, would not arrive until late Thursday night. So, it was my mom, me, and my little brother, Stephen. As you could imagine, he wasn't exactly thrilled about "tea", but agreed to come with us so he wouldn't be on his own.

pic018.jpg

pic019.jpg

Here's Stephen (noticed how happy he looks!)
pic020.jpg

And here's me and mom
pic021.jpg

Originally, me and my mom were just going to split the Buckingham Palace - Our traditional tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts complemented by fresh strawberries and cream, or a selection of freshly baked pastries, along with your choice of tea. And order an extra tea.

Mom ordered the Mad Hatter - A blend of passion fruit, pomegranate, and vanilla for a clean and sweet finish. It came in a regular pot with a tea cozy. She said it was excellent, and I tried it, and really liked it too.
pic023.jpg

I ordered the Vanilla Rooibos - Rich and full bodied with creamy vanilla finish. It came in a press pot. While I really liked it, I think I liked the Mad Hatter better.
pic026.jpg

I had to try on the tea cozy "hat" :rotfl2:
pic028.jpg

Before we knew it, our tea sandwiches were delivered - Watercress/Cucumber, Shrimp Salad, Egg Salad, Chicken Salad w/almonds, and Grilled Pear/Gorgonzola. These were really good, but my favs were the Chicken Salad and the Grilled Pear. My mom's favorite was the Shrimp Salad. Also shown is the Onion Tart, which we both enjoyed.
pic027.jpg

We had a toast of our delicious teas
pic030.jpg

After splitting the sandwich plate, we decided to add on another plate of sandwiches. This time, we picked the ones we wanted. My mom picked a Shrimp Salad and Chicken Salad, I picked the Chicken Salad and Grilled Pear, and we split an Egg Salad (choice of 5 sandwiches, which were really half sandwiches). Plus another Onion Tart to split.
pic029.jpg

Next up was the scone and jam tart. The scone came with clotted cream and a pot of jam. Neither of us used the clotted cream, but really enjoyed the scone with the jam. We also split the jam tart, with my mom giving Stephen a bite of hers, as he loves raspberry and that's what it was.
pic031.jpg

After that, we had our choice of two pastries, or strawberries with cream. We already knew going in that we both wanted the latter, so that's what we got. And it did not disappoint! So so so good! Stephen had a few as well.
pic032.jpg

Speaking of Stephen, he had a sip of my mom's tea, and decided to be cool and stick up his pinky, which I had to nab a shot of! Isn't he adorable?
pic033.jpg

Oh yes, so I didn't mention any food or drink of my brother's. Well, he ordered two pastries and inhaled them before I could take a picture. One was a Tiramisu, and I think the other was an Eclair. He was so hungry at that point, that he was happy with anything. So I can't really give a good review on those.

On our way out, I snapped some pics of the pastry offerings.
pic034.jpg

pic035.jpg

pic036.jpg

Overall, this was a really nice experience, and I will definitely be back! It was so nice and relaxing. My brother hated it, but whatever. It was for the girls, not him. He made up for it by going to Cosmic Ray's once we got to the Magic Kingdom.

Cosmic Ray's, snack/lunch, 8.13.08

Since he didn't really eat anything at tea, he was starving, so I promised Stephen we would get him something as soon as we got to MK. Well, okay, I first grabbed FP for Space Mountain, but sent him and my mother straight to Cosmic Ray's. He ordered a double bacon cheeseburger with fries, and put BBQ sauce on it. He's a strange bird.
pic042.jpg

He loved it. Nothing really much to say. Although, my mom did have a couple fries and said they were really good.

So that's that.

Next up: dinner at Chef Mickey's

I have only gone to the Afternoon Tea once but it remains my most favorite time at WDW. The Pear/goronzola tea sandwich is my favorite. I am not a tea or coffee drinker but I must admit I had a wonderful pot of tea also. Looking forward to the rest of your reviews :)

Patty

Can't wait to hear more!

So funny, I just showed dh the pictures thinking maybe he'd say let's go...NOPE!

Looking forward to the rest of your reviews. Wonderful pictures.

Your list has some great places on there! This thread is off to a good start, I can't wait for more! :thumbsup2

Great start!!:thumbsup2

thanks!

I have only gone to the Afternoon Tea once but it remains my most favorite time at WDW. The Pear/goronzola tea sandwich is my favorite. I am not a tea or coffee drinker but I must admit I had a wonderful pot of tea also. Looking forward to the rest of your reviews :)

Patty

i loved that one too! so so good! and thanks for joining in!

Can't wait to hear more!

So funny, I just showed dh the pictures thinking maybe he'd say let's go...NOPE!

aw, that's a shame, as it's really nice! just tell him he can grab a burger later! :rotfl:

Great reviews so far... looking forward to more!!

thank you!

let the drooling begin!!! :laughing:

you got it! more coming!

Love the pic of Stephen!:lmao:

he almost didn't let me take that picture! i'm so glad he did, as i love how it came out!

Looking forward to the rest of your reviews. Wonderful pictures.

thank you!

Great so far. looking forward to more.

thanks!

Your list has some great places on there! This thread is off to a good start, I can't wait for more! :thumbsup2

thanks so much!

chef mickey's is about to be typed up and posted!

[He ordered a double bacon cheeseburger with fries, and put BBQ sauce on it. He's a strange bird.

This bit really made me laugh - not because it was particularly funny but I say this all the time and always thought it was a regional saying, from where I'm from in the UK. Seems quite strange to think the phrase is used 'across the water' too :)

Great start to your reviews - the Gardenview Lounge tea doesn't appeal to me at all but maybe that's because we eat things like that here all the time ;)

Chef Mickey's, dinner, 8.13.08

Our ADR was for 7:35, but I really wanted to catch Spectro this night, so we got there a bit early, checked in at 7pm, and were seated right away. I was beyond thrilled. We were seated in a room off the top, which at first I didn't like, but it had a great view, so it worked out fine.

We got lots of character pics, of course, but I will leave those for the regular trip report. Let's just stick with food and drinks here :thumbsup2

My first plate...lettuce, tomatoes, cold seafood salad. I know, boring salad, but I really like the cold seafood salad. It has shrimp, scallops, and some type of vinaigrette dressing, along with I think onions and peppers. It's good stuff.
pic053.jpg

Stephen's first plate...Mickey ravioli, mushroom ravioli in a cream sauce, chicken leg, pork marsala, mashed potatoes w/gravy. He inhaled it all, so I think he liked it! Although, he did pick apart the mushroom ravioli and only eat the noodle part, as he hates mushrooms. But he really wanted to try the sauce, which he liked.
pic054.jpg

Aaaaaaand, finally, our first round of drinks! Stephen got the Ultimate Margarita, and my mom and I both got the Fusion Lemonade. Thumbs up all around!
pic055.jpg

My second plate...mushroom ravioli in cream sauce, mickey ravioli, broccoli, salmon, mashed potatoes, vegetarian chickpea stew over rice. The vegetarian chickpea stuff was so good! My fav dish for sure!
pic056.jpg

My third plate...more of the vegetarian chickpea stew covered with rice this time, fresh carved turkey, peas and grilled chicken from the kids buffet, and more broccoli. I was quite impressed with the turkey. It was nice and moist, not dried out at all.
pic065.jpg

Somehow, I managed to miss pictures of desserts. But I had a bite of the mini cheesecake and a few reese's pieces. I think the other 2 may have skipped it because they were too full from dinner! Sorry I didn't get more pics of their plates, but we were going up and coming back at different times, and I wasn't about to make them wait to start eating til I got a picture! Not at buffets, anyway. So I just focused on my food.

Stephen and my Mom were very pleased with everything they did have though. My mom's fav I think was the mushroom ravioli, which I also enjoyed. Stephen liked that he could have as much meat as he wanted. See how we're going to Ohana later in the trip? Think he might like that one? :laughing:

Anyway, just one last pic for good measure...twirl those napkins!
pic071.jpg

next up: breakfast at Main Street Bakery

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter