• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm a huge packing cube fan now!

JaimeK

Mouseketeer
Just got back from a trip and we managed quite easily to pack for 4 in one suitcase! We also did a split stay so staying organized was key. I LOVED having my kids/husband/my clothes are separated. It made finding things so easy. No digging through a suitcase and messing things up, just find the right cube and pull it out.

My husband used two large ebags cubes, I used two medium, 9 year old boy used two medium, 7 year old boy used a medium and a small cube. Used another small to pack their swimsuits to carry on, and some of the slim ones for toiletries. Halfway through the trip I switched things around so that one cube was for unworn clothes and the 2nd was for worn clothes (used socks and undies went into a plastic bag not back in the cubes)

I only have 4 fairly large ones, but I love mine. They keep everything from going everywhere!

I love them too. It makes packing for 5 days in a 22-inch suitcase a lot easier.

Any possibility you can tell us more about these cubes? Maybe a picture ? And where does one purchase these cubes? Sounds like a great idea ! TIA

We've been using them for many years now and I just started wondering after our last trip home for Christmas if I could really fit more in our luggage without the cubes. I love the cubes for organization, but I am considering whether they limit my space.

Thanks for the link . So they are basically suitcase organizers right ? So don't they take up more room in the suitcase ? It seems you would fit less clothing . I do like the idea of being more organized , but I don't see the benefits beyond that . Someone help me understand please .

Thanks for the link . So they are basically suitcase organizers right ? So don't they take up more room in the suitcase ? It seems you would fit less clothing . I do like the idea of being more organized , but I don't see the benefits beyond that . Someone help me understand please .

I guess they make your bag a tiny bit heavier, but you pack as much or more stuff because you can roll tightly and then the cubes keep things rolled tightly. You often end up being able to use a smaller bag...possibly carry on only.

I don't unpack completely at WDW, so the cubes make it easy to find things and stay organized.

The cubes are especially helpful if more than one person packs in the same suitcase. My two boys and I went away for 5 nights recently. We each had our own color packing cubes, then put them all in one suitcase that we checked. When we got to our destination, we each had separate bedrooms. So it was easy to grab our own cubes to put in our rooms.

The cubes are really thin and light, they take up very, very little weight and space. I had our clothes folded (the way they were already folded in our closets) and then rolled.

Before: a stack of DH's shirts, undershirts, paints, and then my shirts squashed underneath but I'm looking for one particular one and it's hard to find and pull it out without messing up everything else. For the kids? If they go near the suitcase everything is a crumbled pile after they take one item out.
With cubes: I open my cube, see all my shirts in tidy rolls, take the one I want, zip it back up.

We had four people with one suitcase and we moved resorts. We didn't unpack at all.

Love them too! I put my son's shirts in one, shorts in another. Easy to choose and great to just drop the whole cube into drawers at the resort ( I am a neat freak and afraid of bugs so check the drawer, wipe it down, and put the cubes in.)

Last edited:
Love them too! I put my son's shirts in one, shorts in another. Easy to choose and great to just drop the whole cube into drawers at the resort ( I am a neat freak and afraid of bugs so check the drawer, wipe it down, and put the cubes in.)
I am the same way! They make it easy to organize. I pre-plan what we'll all wear and on what day. I organize the cube by outfit in the order they'll be worn. It is so easy. I bring a laundry bag for the dirty clothes. It keeps the room clean.

I use ones that I bought at our local Ikea - they were super inexpensive! They also come with double sided ones just like Eagle Creek, but at a fraction of the cost!

I love to unpack totally on vacation, so placing them in the drawer is so quick and easy!

Easy to pre-pan outfits with (as mentioned before) and we found them extra helpful on the cruise. Never travel without them now, best investment we've made!

We've been using them for many years now and I just started wondering after our last trip home for Christmas if I could really fit more in our luggage without the cubes. I love the cubes for organization, but I am considering whether they limit my space.

I have used the cubes for the limited times I check luggage and love the organization. No doubt. Easy/peasy.
However, personally, I think from only a 'space' perspective, they take up much more room if I only want a carryon and tote. I find that using Ziploc Jumbo bags can squeeze the air out and leave more room.
Just my opinion, of course.

I am a huge proponent of assorted Ziploc bags when traveling.

after watching the videos I can see my self using packing cubes for undies, socks. Think I will try them on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter