Illuminations/ Wishes Cruise Central For January & February

We are 2 adults and 2 well-behaved kids with a Friday, 2/13/09, Illuminations pontoon cruise booked. 6 seats available. Your price would be $35 (+ suggested tip) per person. Willing to share with nice people...

(I am new so I cannot yet PM.)

P.S. Thanks everybody for your information on these forums!!

Hello MartiniMom,
I am also interested in your seats. I have a great family of 5 and have done the cruises twice before. My wife just broke her leg on Friday night so this would be a great pick me up for her. I am not sure if my email address is in my public profile but if not you could use my dd's gmail address of smileyface216. That way I could keep it a surprise, thanks

I have an Illuminations cruise booked for Feb 5th and have room for a few more if you would like to join us.

Does anyone have a wishes cruise booked for 1/23, or 1/24 and have 2 seats available?

We are also looking for 2 seats on 1/24 for any of the cruises. Should we look to book one together? I'm not sure about the procedure.

I was fortunate to have the IPO services book my cruise for us. However, the following was posted some time ago on another board. I believe the procedure is the same for Wishes, and Wishes cruises are easier to come by. If this is out of date, perhaps somebody else will let us know:

You need to call 407-939-7529 exactly 90 days before the date you want to reserve. You can determine when to call by using the DIS's priority seating calculator if you CLICK HERE

Since these cruises are so much in demand, start calling about 6:55 am est. If you get a recording that they are not open yet, disconnect and immediately hit redial. If you get the recording thanking you for calling hit #3 right away, as soon as the second recording begins press #2, when the third recording begins press either your reservation number or phone number and finish with the pound sign. Then press #1, then #2. This will take you to a reservationist, if you have to hold do not disconnect or you go to the bottom of the queue.

When the reservationist answers do not make small talk, immediately tell him/her that you want to reserve the 8PM specialty cruise for such and such date.Do not ask to reserve an Illuminations cruise or you will waste time hearing that there is no such thing. After you get your reservation you can talk all you want, but these cruises are very difficult to reserve and seconds count when thousands of people are competing for only 5 boats.

When the reservationist indicates that you have obtained the reservation, tell him/her that you want to see Illuminations. He/she will then make arrangements for your cruise to depart the marina about 1/2 hour before Illuminations begins.

You will be told that they cannot guarantee that you will see Illuminations. They tell you this because, if Illuminations is delayed for any reason, your boat will still return to the marina at the end of your hour. So far, there have been no known instances where Illuminations was not seen.

If you have flexibility in your WDW itinerary, it is best to try to reserve a cruise for the first night you have available. That way, if you don't get the reservation, you can try the next day and the next, if necessary.

If you are unable to secure a reservation for an Illuminations cruise, do not give up. Cancellations happen every day. Keep calling and trying for that reservation, even when you are in WDW. I was told by a captain of one of these cruises that his boat has often sat idle because someone cancelled. You can snag a cancellation. I know, because I was lucky enough to get a cancelled cruise only 6 weeks before our trip last year.

I have also read about cruises being empty, so as a last resort, you could always show up at one of the docks and see if something is available. Good luck!!!

I am still looking for spots for an Illumination cruise for 6 people. 5 adults and a 14 yr old. This is a surprise for my brother if I can pull it off. This is the first trip he has agreed to take since becoming disabled. It will also most likely be his last. He made a herioc decision one day which saved the life of a toddler but damaged his back as his car hit a guardrail. The technology at that time with back surgery was not what it is today. His condition is deteriorating and there is nothing more the doctors can do to help him. We do not discuss this but we all can see it. If I can pull this off it will be a huge surprise for him. However, all is not lost if we can't. I have been given some great suggestions as to where to have a great view of Illuminations!! :goodvibes

We (Me, DW, DD6 and DS1 1/2) just booked a Illuminations pontoon cruise for Friday the 30 and have 4-5 seats available, please let me know if your interested.

We have reserved a boat for the Wishes cruise on Saturday January 24. Is anyone interested in sharing it with us? It costs $250 and we are willing to split that among how many others join us. We are 2 people and the boat holds 8. Please let me know by PM ASAP.

thanks!

I saw several posts of ppl looking to book an Illuminations cruise for the 1st week of Feb.
Has there been a share organized (other than the 2/5 by Rudegrle)?

If not, I may be interested in hosting a Cruise on 2/3 (Wednesday).

Hi I have a wishes cruise booked for February 14th :love: i'm sorry but I am not able to offer to share it because we are already full.

But what I was wondering is does anyone know if they have blankets to wrap up in on the boat. We are going to the Cali Grill to eat afterwards so we won't be able to wrap up in jeans and sweaters as we will be dressed for dinner. I imagine it can get pretty chilly on these boats in Feb so I'm hoping that they come prepared.

Also if anyone has any photos of the boats I'd lvoe to see them as I can not find any pictures online :goodvibes

Last time we went they did have blankets and we used every single one because it was COLD!!!!

Anyone have room on a Wishes cruise between Feb 5, 6, 7 or 8 for 2 adults and one cutie-patootie, well-behaved red-head?

I saw several posts of ppl looking to book an Illuminations cruise for the 1st week of Feb.
Has there been a share organized (other than the 2/5 by Rudegrle)?

If not, I may be interested in hosting a Cruise on 2/3 (Wednesday).

I sent you a pm ;)

Wow, every time I looked for a January thread I couldn't find it and here it was hiding all along!

Very late notice but thought I'd try ... I am looking for an Illuminations cruise on 1/24 or 1/25 for myself and my DS, age 5. He's a mellow, friendly kid, I promise! It's our special mom and me trip and I think this is just the thing he'd love (we've done a cruise before but he was too little to remember it). Please PM me! Thanks so much!

We (Me, DW, DD6 and DS1 1/2) just booked a Illuminations pontoon cruise for Friday the 30 and have 4-5 seats available, please let me know if your interested.

I am interested if there is still space available. There are three of us. Two fifty-somethings and a thirty-something females. Thanks.

Greetings! I have 4 seats available on an Illuminations Pontoon Cruise for Tues. Feb 10. We are a party of 5 adults and one 6 year old. You'll find us fun and easy to get along with. This is my first posting on these boards, so I believe you can contact me via my email address, which is listed on my profile. If not, I will check back here daily. Thanks!

If anyone is solo, I have a space left on our Wishes cruise on 2/12. We have 2 couples, one solo person, myself, dh and our 12 & 7 year old girls.

I have an Illuminations Cruise booked on 2/15 that I don't need and will be cancelling if anyone wants to coordinate times so you can pick it up.

Hello, I'm celebrating my 24th birthday with my friend and we'd like to find someone who is looking to add 2 college kids to their cruise for Feb 19.
Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter