• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Illuminations Cruises-what they are-how to book-FIND ONE TO SHARE

Status
Not open for further replies.
SueVee, I just sent you a PM. Hoping that you might have room on your cruise on the 24th.

Edited to say: OOPS, just realized I meant to post this on the February thread. Sorry.

Is it common to be able to find people to share cruises at the pier, if you cannot hook up through these boards? Thanks

I posted my request in the wrong place earlier. I just made reservations for the Fantasy in the Sky cruise leaving from the Contemporary on 3/17, because there was obviously nothing left for the Illuminations Cruise. I would still like to find someone who has Illuminations, looking for riders. It would be 2 adults and 2 children. If I can't find it, maybe someone would want to share the cruise I have booked for the other show.

Hi prncssmary, welcome to the DIS. I'm really glad you found us. Did you post your request to the Illuminations Cruise Central for March? You might have better luck if you post there. You will find that thread <b>HERE</b>.

Good luck with this.

Katholyn

I don't know if I am posting this in the right place or not . BUT how many poeple have done birthday cruises ? I have a 4 year old that LOVE mickey and boats and of course planes...lol And i know he would love it but was wondering if anyone here has done it and can tell me how it went ? Also would i call the same # and just ask for the specilty cruise and then tell them i want to see the firworks plus have a birthday on the boat?
thanks for any help .

Hi Proudmilitarywife--welcome to the DIS, I'm really glad you found us.

You will call the same number and follow the same routine. After you have secured the reservation that you want <b>then</b> you can tell them that you want the birthday boat. You don't tell them first because every second counts.

The birthday boat is simply the regular pontoon boat with decorations and balloons and cake :)

Good luck with this!

Katholyn

I ment to ask is it a diffrent price ?

I think i will post on the main board and see if anyone has actrully done a birthday cruise or not .

Thanks for all the help I have 2 month befor i can book but i just don't want to miss out . thanks agian .

The birthday cruise is about $100 more than the regular illuminations cruise. I'm unsure of the exact price.

Am new to the DIS and want to say thank you. I will be at the GF 6/4-6/10/03. The Illuminations cruise is something I always wanted to do but never knew how to arrange despite having visited WDW twelve times. By following the advice in this thread I handily booked a specialty cruise (pontoon boat) for Wed 6/4 to see Illuminations. Since I 'knew the drill' it all went very smoothly. Here is my experience:
-Start calling the PLAY number @ 6:55am . I started calling at 6:55am. The first six tries I got a recording saying that the office was closed. Each time I would hang up and try again immediately.
-Select OPTION 5 immediately upon prompt. On my seventh try I was prompted to make a choice from my touchtone keypad and I selected option 5 (boats) immediately.
-If placed on HOLD DO NOT HANG UP. I was placed on hold after I got a brief message saying that all operators were busy. I didn't panic and waited. After only a few seconds on hold, I got a CM.
-Book 8pm Specialty Cruise on the Date you want. I said I wanted to book the 8pm Specialty Cruise for Wed 6/4. CM checked quickly and said I had the boat.
-Once reserved, discuss Illuminations. Once booked, I said I wanted to see Illuminations and was given an 8:15p dock time.
-Have credit card ready. Once reserved, we discussed the level of service I wanted and I gave my credit card number in exchange for a confirmation number. The Level 1 (sandwiches, soft drinks and snacks) cruise is $200.
I also booked a Backstage Magic Tour for one of my days - - this is my first time to WDW as an adult w/o little children so we are free to do more grown-up things like a full-day tour. Again, thank you very, very much. I keep learning from this website. Btw, I use your reservations calculator regularly!

Welcome to the DIS, blitzkrieg. Congratulations on getting that reservation.

That priority seating calculator is a great tool, isn't it? Another DISer, ScottWDW, created it and it has been so helpful to so many DISers, I really appreciate having it available.

I hope you can visit us often and enjoy planning your trip with the help of the DIS.

Katholyn

Thanks to these boards, I booked a cruise for June 14th! I have a question I hope someone can answer: I made the reservation for myself, DH and our two children. We will be in the middle of a family reunion at the time, and I had planned to invite any family members who wanted to come along (up to the boat capacity, of course!) If more of us show up than are on my reservation, will I need to call ahead of time, or does it matter? If I need to call, how much advance notice is required? TIA!

Congratulations on getting that reservation. Why don't you just call back and tell them you will be having 10 people on the cruise, then if it turns out that some of your family will not be joining you, just call on the day of your cruise and tell them the correct number of people who will be on the cruise with you.

Katholyn

Hello, if anyone has any avaliabilty on any cruise....my family of 3 would love to share with someone....we will be there from May31 through June 7, 2003. I just planned the trip so I know there is no way that I can book it myself but would love to share the cruise and cost with others. We did the Epcot cruise last time now it is the only way my DH wants to see them. Thanks in advance.....I hope to hear from someone. Suzy

Hi, I am looking for someone to share a June 5 cruise with. If you have space on a pre-booked cruise or you are interested in sharing, email me at jenoringderff@hotmail.com. Cheers for any replies!
jen

snowwhitemom and oringderff, be sure to post your requests to the appropriate Illuminations Cruise Centrals. Good luck with this.

Katholyn

Hello All,

We are a family of 3 (2AD - 1 CH) looking to share an illuminations cruise ANY night between June 13th & June 17th. If anyone has space to rent, please let me know.......Thanks!

<b>Tink10</b> and <b>m1l2k3</b> you will probably have better luck finding an Illuminations cruise to share if you post your request to the Illuminations Cruise Central for June. You will find that thread right <b>HERE</b>

Katholyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter