• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Illuminations Cruises-what they are-how to book-FIND ONE TO SHARE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were lucky enough to share an Illuminations cruise with some other DISers last week, and it was terrific!

We met the boat at 8:15 at the Boardwalk pier. Our captain cruised us around the lagoon for a while, then parked in our viewing spot under the little bridge between France and England just before showtime. Here's a photo of our cruise buddies (the SCDuckman/SCMinnie gang, the jlcbshaw gang, and us):

fc75bfa3.jpg

We've all gathered in the front of the boat for the photo, but there is plenty of comfy seating for everyone.

Here's a sample of what you can expect to see from the boat:

fc75c106.jpg

We had three identical pontoon boats parked side by side, and the Breathless nearby. After the show was over, we cruised back to the Boardwalk pier and said goodbye to our captain. No crowds to fight!

This is a great idea for a relaxing and unique end of the day experience.

Great photos, Kathy! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Katholyn

Many thanks to all of you who so generously share information. Today I successfully booked a pontoon boat for 6/25 - our final night at Disney. Each day this week I've pulled over at 6:55 AM to start my phoning from the car. This morning I again was put on hold but I noticed - no music!!! Sure enough, after a short wait I got through and said what I needed. I felt like I'd won the lottery when I learned a boat was available! And it's my birthday. What more could a girl want? Well, the Cindi breakfast... but I'll worry about that next month. I really appreciate the suggestions on this board. Thank you!

That's wonderful! Congratulations on getting that reservation. You are going to love this experience.

Katholyn

Originally posted by nativetxn
.snip.Why don't you just call back and tell them you will be having 10 people on the cruise, then if it turns out that some of your family will not be joining you, just call on the day of your cruise and tell them the correct number of people who will be on the cruise with you.

This is a good suggestion. I would like to point out a few things.

1. You are renting the entire boat. It is not a per person charge, so one guest or 10, same price.
2. When you are lucky enough to get your Priority, you advise how many will be on the boat. IF this number changes, it would be wise to call WDW-PLAY and tell them to change the Comments. Why? Because this will allow the drivers to better plan for your party. There are two size pontoons used and usually smaller parties get assigned to the smaller pontoon.
3. If you have a short notice (2-days or less) change, call Bayside Marina directly to tell them about the change.

Thanks to everyone for their instructions and advice. I will be going to WDW for my honeymoon and I just booked the Illuminations cruise for our first night there.

My fiance has never been to WDW and I thought this would be the perfect way to start the magic. She is going to be so suprised.

Once again, thank you everybody.
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Do all of the illuminations cruises leave from theBoardwalk and the yacht and beach clubs? I booked one for June 24 and we are leaving from the Contemporary. Just want to make sure we are seeing illuminations and not the MK fireworks. Has anyone heard of the boat leaving from the Contemporary for an illuminations cruise?
Thanks for all of your help!!

All of the Illuminations cruises leave from one of the Epcot resorts.

From the Contemporary, you would be seeing the MK fireworks.

You can't take a boat from the Contemporary to Epcot...

Thank you!!! I just called Disney and they told me that i was scheduled for the correct cruise, just the wrong location. We are now leaving from the Yacht Club.

Anyone know the best way to get from Epcot to the Yacht Club? We will have our own car if driving is the best.

Thanks!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

It's a snap to get from Epcot to the Yacht Club! Exit Epoct through the International Gateway (it's between France and England in World Showcase.) There's a boat you catch right there that will take you to the Yacht Club dock!

(I think you can also walk to the Yacht Club from there, but my feet are too tired at the end of an Epcot day to try it!)

You're welcome- you're going to have a great time!!

(Is this your first trip to the parks? If so, you'll find TONS of great information on this board. These folks are great about sharing what they know, and most of us wish we were going with you!)

I've been before, but not in a long time. My parents are letting my daughter and I stay with them for free (Offsite Condo). So the illuminations cruise is my thank you to them. $120.00 for 7 nights lodging is a good deal don't you think. Maybe I should post that on the Budget Board!!!

Thank you again, without this board I would have never known to start calling at 6:55 AM to get my reservation. When I made my reservation, I was told that I got the last boat available and that was at 7:01 AM.

Originally posted by KathyTX
........There's a boat you catch right there that will take you to the Yacht Club dock!

snwwhite

Just an FYI. The dock that the boat from Epcot docks at is not the same dock you get your pontoon boat at. The pontoon boats are at the Yacht Club Marina. When get off the Boat from Epcot, walk down the dock towards the Yacht Club. When you leave the dock, turn left. The marina is on your left as you get to the end of the Yacht Club.

Ed

Betterlatethannever - Thank you for your help. Knowing me, I would probably just stand there and miss the boat!!!

Can anyone give me more information about the MK cruises? We will be celebrating my DDs 16th birthday in July and we will be at MK that day and then eating dinner at Ohana. I would like to schedule a fireworks cruise for MK fireworks but I just want some more feedback first from those that have done this because most of this information is about the Epcot fireworks. Is there another thread for MK fireworks that I missed possibly???? Thanks!

Denise :wave:

We have a pontoon booked for Illuminations. I was wondering how the view was not only of the fireworks in the sky but the activity on the lagoon during the show as well? Thanks! I'm hoping you get a good view of both.

I am getting married at WL on April 28, 2003 and have two illuminations cruises reserved for that night. We have room for a group of 5 people on one of the boats if anyone is interested in splitting the cost of one boat. I'd be happy to share if anyone is interested! You can PM me or reply on this thread.

<b>ninafeliz</b> Did you post this space on your Illuminations Cruise on the Illuminations Central for May? You will probably find a lot of interest there if you do.

That thread is right <b>HERE</b>

<b>awatt</b> You see everything that happens on the lagoon and in the sky. It is a wonderful view and, best of all, you don't have to fight the traffic leaving Epcot afterwards. :)

<b>DRoseBall</b> I've never experienced the MK fireworks. I have read a lot of reviews that praise this cruise though.

Katholyn

I had never heard of this cruise until I found this board. I was thinking immedidately of booking one, then decided I had better just try it because it could always be cancelled later. Working with two phones this morning and rapid speed-redialing got me the very last one! We are either going to have 4, 9 or 10 people. If it turns out that we will have extra room, I will certainly post here to share the boat as soon as I know. Our cruise is 7/27/03.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter