• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Illuminations Cruises-what they are and how to book one-Find one to share***

Hello experts.

Can I ask, how do you all know to book the Illuminations Cruise for 8pm? (This is the time I see most often offered in the thread.) If Illuminations starts at 9pm, and a cruise normally lasts an hour, how do you get to take in the fireworks?

DH and I are celebrating 20 Year Anniversary at WDW. We would like to join a group for the fireworks from May 1st thru 8th.

Hello experts.

Can I ask, how do you all know to book the Illuminations Cruise for 8pm? (This is the time I see most often offered in the thread.) If Illuminations starts at 9pm, and a cruise normally lasts an hour, how do you get to take in the fireworks?

The cruise is specifically for watching illuminations. You board the boat at the dock at the Yacht Club at eight. It cruises you past Boardwalk and parks under the bridge in Epcot by England area. You watch the entire show from there and then cruise back to the dock again. It is really a nice way to see it without having to deal with the crowds, getting a spot well before it starts and waiting. It also is a prime view! You can order wine or cocktails to be ready on board for you ahead of time for a fee. Soda and water are always provided if I remember correctly.

Celebrating our 30th anniversary and looking for 2 spots, March 19 thru and including
March 24.
Anyone have room?!?

Looking to share Illuminations Cruise for 2 of us celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary. April 12, April 16, April 17th. Anyone have room for 2 more? Also if not Illuminations, trying for Wishes cruises April 11th, April 13th or April 15th.

Bumping this up. Trip is only 3 weeks away. Still hoping to snag a spot on a fireworks cruise for DH and I.

Update: I have a cruise booked for May 10th, 2015 for Illuminations. We already have 3 couples from the board and have spots for 4 more people. Let me know if interested!

Hi guys, I have a question I was wondering if someone could help me with.

So when you book a cruise and someone says they are going to join you, when is it customary for them to pay you for their seats? I'm just concerned that I will book one, someone will say they're coming and then they don't show up and I'm stuck paying the amount they were supposed to cover. Do guests coming on your cruise usually pay beforehand and then just meet you at the site of the boat or do groups usually pay together at the end? I'm not sure if anyone has any experience with this but if someone could reply to me that would be great. Thank you!

My partner and I will be celebrating one year on June 20th, and I thought it might be nice to surprise him with a fireworks ("Specialty") cruise. Does anyone specifically have space for two adults on 6/20?

Hi all, I have two spots left on my illuminations cruise on April 30th. Let me know if you're interested by sending me a message :)

Looking for 3 spots on a cruise July 1st thru July 4 - I know it's a long shot. It's my daughters 21st birthday - I already have the dessert party booked for July 1 but I would gladly cancel if I could get us on a cruise. If you have room please let me know! Thank you

I've done them before but it's been YEARS...like 12-15 so I would love to do it again.

I am looking for two spots on a cruise for May 12th-16th! Please post or message me if you have spots.

Last edited:
On the Illuminations cruise, can you see the "screens" on the globe from the boat?? Anyone know that the current cost is?

I just booked an Illuminations Cruise for July 11th and have room for 3 more people! Wow, did that call take a long time, though, almost 50 minutes! But the rep wasn't sure which cruise to book, as there are so many of them. Plus she was really confused about the departure time, size of the boat, and asked for names of everyone in our party (which isn't necessary). At least she was super nice and apologetic, and I got my reservation! :D

Our current party is 4 adults and 3 kids (12, 9, and 7).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter