"I'll have the Macaroni & Cheese!" Westbound Transatlantic 2016

Loving your report so far!!! heading over to Barcelona next Sept!

Thanks so much! I'm sure you'll love Barcelona, we sure did!

Loving your TR!!

I love DLP, it feels like home to me.... Love to hear (or read) about other people's experiences (particularly those that know the other parks). One tip, if you ever come back, go and see Cinemagique in the Studios (if it's still there....)

Can't wait to read more about your trip!!

Unfortunately, Cinemagique was closed the day we were in the Studios. :(

You guys did DLParis similar to how we did. We knew we had limited time so we skipped any table service meals. Not a bad decision at all. I also love how the folding airplane stairs was a source of enjoyment. It is really cool! Barcelona looks amazing and it isn't an area of Spain I have been to yet. Also, can't wait to hear about the horrible cab ride to the port!

We were definitely pleased with our decision to skip the table service meals, particularly since the Quick Service meals were so yummy! Cab ride is coming up in the next post. It's amusing looking back, but wasn't so fun at the time. :rotfl2:

Following!! I still can't believe that we didn't have enough time to go to Disneyland Paris after our Mediterranean cruise. We visited Paris but not Disney :(

Ha ha, we did the opposite... I'm not crazy about Paris, so we skipped the City and just went to the park.

Following! We just visited DLP this year for the first time, and the transatlantic is my dream itinerary (not to mention we're also a DFTW couple!!)

The Transatlantic is FABULOUS! I highly recommend it. It's the best cruise I've been on, and you really get more bang for your buck on the long cruises!

Beautiful pictures! You made great use of your time in Barcelona :-) thanks for another awesome installment of your trip report!

And finally: Embarkation Day!!!!

CmoFDOWFw6J4yVxJon6L3OjYVKDE5MkE3EO06MpIGtVK8C56w5zu1djUmpyFAz8KgzFEFoLHLc9C_IF-BcX_12BOB9IOTjc5sfs0hgRSNnCDy190vaBgw4yWjIttT3k9wGxkli79cF0_-JGaLGM4FXRmJycWTAmZ9GhXHf527PetaDxiVnDUN1A4AQKACaNEsvJCPNDAFX8boAGOoS7RmxGmppApGFDtpncdJbuPXZvAwsJQqXdqHBsrdQHks00pqq_bzAL-LRAt1JF3w0rocW_0-uygE1Ydna2-BJ364yqXg36XpGc5a2bOphwYo_oAQ4j8dcPlXXs2itSVXnIM6wf6iOYCXSOaG8Ik-QCYBWnCSvnQ_FNBln6mLjD45FH3Fif0Xxo5NniECMpa9cR-sjr3Rpi6duRXfhI7SftXkAHhjMUjsH2GLjUEF65onDDS0QEhugFP7pAs4JTXnqUcNbzKkwlMbHVtk8cZCK6mVs3d3k8X9-BKcIibclrRyyX2hO8TdgfgjvYR2J24F3Sb_JJIy2WEneqZfekHtzE48PqPv-U1dXjlHzRN3k5AfEzFXU6XpYx3Bnvk0kHwAt6dghxgaopRi2hcnop2ILbvCfNfMoEI=s658-no

The day had come! We were so excited! We had booked the cruise just after the dates were released, so it had been over a year of countdown to Embarkation.

Our PAT was 11:30 - 12:00, which I had selected because we had a 12:00 checkout from the hotel. Our plan was just to have a leisurely morning in the room, pack up slowly, and head out around 11:00.

My original intention was to walk the short distance to the port, and take the port shuttle out to the ship. However, I second guessed myself and started looking up Taxi estimates. The trip from our hotel to the port should have cost about €10, and the port bus was going to cost us around €8. I figured the extra €2 would be worth the convenience of not walking the mile or so to the bus, so we grabbed a taxi.

As Julia Roberts says in Pretty Woman: Big Mistake. Big. Huge!

Well not really, but it was pretty annoying. The streets on Las Ramblas are divided by the large pedestrian area, so it's basically a one way street on either side, because you can't turn until you get to the end. Unfortunately, our driver used this as an opportunity to take us on a tour of the Gothic District and run up our fare.

I asked him after a few turns if there were road closures on the way to the port, and he said that the way he was going was faster. I figured with the Traffic on Las Ramblas that could be true, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a few more turns. Fortunately for us, we had explored the Gothic Quarter fairly extensively, and I have a pretty decent memory for roads and directions. So when we made a turn heading directly away from the port I asked him again where we were going.

He repeated the story about the direction being faster, and I pointed out that we were going the opposite direction from the port. He started grumbling and turned down a few more streets, so I pulled up Google Maps on my phone and showed him the directions.

DH at this point was starting to get upset... he hates to waste money. I advised the driver that he could either let us out where we were, or take us directly to the port. He finally turned in the correct direction, but by the time we got the the ship, he had run the fare up to about €23. :headache:

I took down his cab number so I could file a complaint when we got home, and we grabbed all our bags. At this point we both took a moment to calm down from our infuriating cab ride, because we didn't want a sketchy cab ride to ruin our day, and we were finally at the Disney Magic!

EiwKSjTatp7rYQvRkBLDFJK_f-_hXNfDJAoVRhor29so3jU_Z62DOlzHhxAC_NjyJc7vCibcJ3ypGQSVqj6ByENftwkcZSUh29KIzAaV8ROQorHmEXffTLuKMaMKvZpHB6NXGuNqLq5EA5mUh8W4KHFlv5m2ZUSotAwYOFtYQt0XMYPvsFf1RcNVMl09EKNcA6RBJ1HkV4v1uiFVVBFFLKCxTpAR5qPWQOpP5DsLiOFZBxu7GFl9YHeshqqNofgqRKpHDPhJfxSt-J2yQjL6kG9lfM71xgIPCeqSW_86GH1VgZSLZUxp8-W0-qmIf4rqm669I0qUZ62KUMf4HfkIlcZuSyC1NUx0CJYIfZUJMjuEBmUj_hcnsugp-7mFmXVDeljJGsfcbRiE2tjJ_VXa59j_EG2hMbvhf0q0-KJyKcO0ooSbGlkaHStRq9uo-tPUaTUS85yEu-nOY9RAvFHYph3y7sLVnrSUGleumU4rJjc2x0TGcS-r47mNX5MND9BQvqTNqgfGkYFmTN8Xe7YfA-Q3ICsnyl9jw8s_3YZ4Mc_7IMFS5hkP9RUZFwnUa3DsazZWDwyMpwS3kKala6ekYpdUWHsAInc0K-fp2aM5Iec7Gxv7=w1192-h894-no

I wasn't sure what to expect at the Port, as we've only ever cruise out of Port Canaveral with it's smiling CM's and Mickey interior. There was a small queue outside to go through security, but they were quite efficient with bags, quickly adding ours directly to the racks of bags being taken to screening. There was no need for porters, as we were only a few steps from security when we got out of the car. After they took our bags, checked our pamphlets and verified that we had passports (they were careful to ask before taking our checked bags, which I thought was a nice touch in case anyone accidentally tossed them in a suitcase), we joined the queue for security.

We hadn't made specific plans to meet up with our cruise mates, but to our luck two of them turned up right behind us! These were our friends from Boston (a former WDW coworker and her Hubby), who we really only get to see when we cruise together, so we waited for them to catch up in the queue so we could jump around and hug them! The excitement of meeting up with our friends made it really feel like our cruise was starting!

We made it through security, to find a Mickey greeting area, which we opted to skip as there would be ample opportunities to meet the Boss Mouse over the next 12 days! There were also some small shops for last minute souvenirs and supplied ect.

Then we headed over to the check in area. It wasn't particularly fancy, basically a warehouse, but there were smiling CM's everywhere directing people around. As we expected, the Castaway Club line was actually the longest line, but it moved very quickly once we joined it. After one switchback, we heard our other friends calling us... they had just joined the queue as well! It worked out perfect, as we all wanted to have lunch together on-board.

We made it up to the front after about 5 minutes, checked in, and had our pictures taken. It was actually one of the most efficient check-ins we'd ever had, and we were soon on our way to the waiting area with our Castaway lanyards bouncing around with excitement. They had not yet started boarding the ship, so we settled in to wait. Once they began it went pretty rapidly, and we didn't have to wait long for our boarding group (7!).

We had our picture taken and yes--we were the group hooting, hollering, and cheering as we went up the escalator to the ship. I apologize if we offended your sensibilities. :jumping1: We gave our fake family name (We have created a mash up of all our last names for group trips) to the CM's to announce us and we bounced aboard!

After a brief pause to take some pictures with Helmsman Mickey, and inspect the new Chandelier (It was all of our first trip on the Magic post-reimagineering), we headed to Cabanas. I have to say, miss the old Chihuly chandelier. The replacements are pretty, and apparently much easier to clean... but they don't make quite the same statement as the old one.

VnQw7fAwZ7Nre_q9tpThVDz8O0m7BcdRcgRwtaICorfsfmt6WiEEphtcBTUTYDBDlZStA4vCEV5ktCGFo1hPQcwMBi6Bhu0qqno20p2LckV2augu4vVItu1X2omhpvySlTYLtYbShF8SqcznIiUl071qorx1s7TPbI2cpLcYVRPIYhRHTeqmzrywKTtx3LcSZILK6f72d2TucrRSQK-hLoL1JWNT1Y616bef66TzKQbeT4BGfAXxGbiV1NGiYXHIlaMkUdweyVJ9AeCv4lD7D6VBBs8XhQFeUfPqzkMVLdiLYXD5XcL3PCC9CpAJ3xkp7Xmc-XzsO73YV-u7xzr3319QqiPm0gBA59VkqOkmNHKlknt8Ft30G-v_BmogPxPzgvlQQ8gLPF9mqobk2GHSusijfQA2EPEVhOPv3CuR5Yh-mA1SC_KCJvLJKksCp4rvz-1GlthjFYb31a7TbPUDMeG8y0UElV6c02UysSJKvpECtHiUNYGVgjxj_SZokCLh8bQ6mJ3nh278Ek92ls9v0RuFy_c3lgI13DQ7JFVGRquYFvywpLkLkaDSTIbc3gKS4UlBcC27a5w4A5HQ7iENZnh_syKkaAjtS_x4S1QvQ_KsgsUG=w671-h894-no

At this point, I became too excited to remember to take pictures, so I have no idea what anyone ate at the buffet. We gave a few tips to our friend who was on his first cruise over lunch, and took advantage of the shore based cell signal while we had it.

We had a long, leisurely lunch, and by the time we finished the Cabins were available, so we headed downstairs to ditch our carry-ons and check out our room.

I had spent a lot of time carefully picking our our cabin, and this was going to be our first true Oceanview Cabin (We were a 9A). We usually just opt for inside cabins, since we normally don't spend much time in the room. We tried a Veranda cabin once, but to us it felt like a waste as we never used it. However, on this cruise with the 7 sea days, I figured we'd spend a bit more time in the cabin than normal and we opted for the OV Cabin.

8ncvtI-34RnMysaGfFC0rNT3AAWSRiIEDwIGhC3Yksea64TF_QHMFqKPeN-eUqAg1lfCgPn8Ap3W5BnAA6luTO_SdiXMsNW1MPyoaCLT80A5iLZ9Xoq8MViWAzDRxyyr6XAkxI5d6OIZITAi23aoo9RSrO4lVpHM0qYyKgNqUK3epQfNXK8K6mjbyrdMW_IVA7f0Q0JAKnuyfuvslct5LeqoPWKORJtSA6ysXIt4xYMSTU1OjC5Lk9LvNsO0Xwgz5M4lSudXkEt42V0eZmix5XWA9mbaHSg-JnApdfm-Eo0n87tG9tXtUWrns4r3MospoRfCn6bjj-UEUx1zBXQpLKHd60htZ07MCWfqMzxHaC06xJmasdlbupzDRqfZ6WqKFvdq_-U8cK2iYYSCNqG2RvP0SiG2dW40AOVPgGR1MPGWk3_2C9Pq-U22IQwF6OIfHjKjBchJrmEjRambceRTFHitcUvEy40g2HBXmZSHDPfzVosUqo5xfHDAZ3OqGMimJ6c_t7fEY0WItGdCmyGLREFqzCyN7t36ENx3xqIVSGiJp2crhe5QsnJqsM2mNzl8seG1joa5_WgtUJ0T1jJR3RoCrltTu-q-noo-6IIqKKv_Jwfm=s894-no

I was so glad we picked the OV, I spent HOURS sitting on the couch staring out the window at the water. I absolutely adored our cabin, and being on deck 2. I had always picked cabins on higher floors in the past, but I am a Deck 2 girl for life now. It was so quiet, so convenient... the elevators are usually empty when you get in, and if they're full upstairs its easy to climb down. Plus it's super convenient for port days and disembarking Deck 1. We were in 2590, Starboard side, just slightly aft of midship. I honestly can't rave about it enough, it was fabulous.

YZc_wZb17qgmdjBJ30zE8IpnzB65IYac_X5sOIBvGk7avy87bS42RPGp_ePSEmAGS1-9kSPtzTqnQ93A475fC081xUYf_9SaewWhomaG-eFrbK2FCNJc6lAnr9XJv0zKJfkHbEv2Wzltw9-t2smgCZ5vzMPW__5xgy8iAf7-akUkmT_WN91qJ1kGxr-4QrCUYC75d6UcEFaVmyt0DMKb3St3otXTf7MrrSRuRjcxtyx9CtOYZ6Ax45mbrmVDg3U-k20ORs78fFkQ58AdWi6v7u5DuAL4Rv3IlbOrgQ3D9ug3gvQXBef7TUtMMsiXvSEYOXEIhSVKv8V1BzltYpVQiXQNVy4ds9JDWq5R_dMgvFbi-ZEWpZSliZMiUYKIu6ZcR7tvG3Pyi8nDPg0CX-xrWd9AQFC7j6viis00iVJmllyqCULsr-qsWLy2KmnEe_qcX4UetMKK6iat-LP9UI9jFxZBgPoRWLmCCBsBYMwvc8m6mKgW2eeryrAU7Alk_5rvWfvNJ29zA02LUYZFExNEjUvlPkavLbD4PfwjCQq3DZZ1UtyidxDFGtDCtVC0_DsGYa96-YOl-GHIUDJqY7DfWeOqoOPSJ6mZCjJHQhPXAlzJOsAV=w1280-h284-no

Two of our bags were actually already there when we arrived, so we decided to get our unpacking out of the way. We had a meetup with our Facebook group later that afternoon, and we were hoping to finish before we had to leave, but we were still short one bag before that.

As we were about to leave, we met our Stateroom host: Cita. He was, in a word, Fantastic. He's honestly the best stateroom host we've ever had. He was super attentive, seemed to figure out our patterns right away, and kept our room clean and well supplied. He was SUPER nice. I think the lower occupancy of the TA cruise made things a bit easier work-wise on the Stateroom hosts.

We made our way up to the Promenade Lounge to meet our planning group. We spent about half an hour meeting the people we'd been chatting with all year, and updating FE information.

Once we finished, we headed down to finish up our unpacking, and I managed to get our Door decorated before we had to be back up on the Promenade deck for Muster. I had made a new FE for this trip, but I hadn't gotten around to making any new magnets. Fortunately, DH was able to find my old stash from a previous cruise, and up they went!

1M2Xua-FBj5YcuAzIdxo5cYG0l6XYLEA74lxYMsdWEJra4l5vFEBlmzgRU6TDdEJPY97gV59xzENNO5n4NNITsvjdAFPgj9q11Vsrb3MT_IgAdOyRKDai0NbHxWm7Shy6-VBgCWNG5q46w8Ktoig0BSg4D9n0RiZDDUzUqyEmT-3EJxu6ZQqtR3GCDfQwOlKHKlAH8wxl-cqymglVPHWlQlIQZ9yKqwDmR8dHFF0WI6LQITT8GMdjcw336Y1RTmjpVd6zbjacAeF6cXMx4rQx9rtKBqJ1iyxJb3n0oYLDDHjbrp2qRi9FGc4vDBcn3CKuIXX6xrYx1iwZhEBXbdtX5VBWEo2jW6Paqy1aSn226I-3DkAu7eqx_8ka8CfdG28ogtn1hx8zZI98vkqnKv8nm0Rc2du3DQTHTpyaCdezpFHiR9vlHbtFOEL_WozFhKem8-LsdpSKGA8NkpAmNhCU1aOV0h5y0EoeA9Ms_lOwwvRGUWrqpZhZdP8Os4_TrH0dz2qFl3BJGDm2KWrlzSSXTCNWUWPA4TiEDYddQdtHIid8JRbame4_egaRYjxeQvdCQ6eSroutU5Z8xQHXl3f43L7hn8lew2sqZo8aK2yz55gtIX1=s894-no

The Emergency Drill was one of the easiest I had been to, and also the first time we've had to muster outside. I was worried that it would be uncomfortable, but it was breezy and pleasant, and we were done quite quickly. Again, I was starting to see how much simpler everything was with the ship at half-capacity.

After muster, we headed up on deck to get our spots for the Sail Away party... and then we <i>really</i> saw how uncrowded the ship was. I actually bumped into an old coworker from WDW who now works as an Entertainment Manager onboard, and he said that there were only 150 kids on the whole ship. :thumbsup2

CdxyHSRU2yEqoIPuLO2NIbY4ZM0Rt0YH69p5tElFlGvYm-QUPmfZJEqFHUxyI5UWEQJlzdnHBnluNnZXTHDjG1Ci_eN0557I1IzAQkzwYmfXgJdic9dCYijCQPrMFiXIsJ8IHq0zqZhskdC0TxahgFzxzx3KaN_Py2DmTenyDrWsMBZcxIhy-heMbmPmPmeYbAIQoBkk7sgEHe2zzFt2aTFop8Xq9iRP3uzS3-6Com-cAnOsrwjEKiXTRIwgBKVGb08qLlMdSo1XUrBlECFynrXFi-jCPMJPTkEe11-ShwexnKKhUUIZ-Zt8EHzoZF41L_gg_QsOmjhkLG-yT4hgbhHaYchqea95-EA1ZhQS1zdC8f48NPGg_L-iRYIVVMdTXvVe93mtMnsxGmT5oRkR_4WWPP-UMF8sdYwBE516295ZMxsXkBgvObBzkrBzFxKyrxr4VUCBm6183kZAeQPcioZ8Iru6QSKIcntea25tHi0c7VAcuv9kBh0KkNcdkD-riTqR5sIJKil_p2dNYWtUG7U-sdck9XFB9EgixG20-ojCjx3idcjJFS1VJ8hiMgw3jw6qjZpBkhtUTw5_hnj5jmmPWqOo25afC-sbqBG96hP7Li0i=w1280-h721-no

The sail away party seems to have been shortened a bit, and we stayed for most of it. Once they sounded the Mickey Horn (Which we had all kept a secret from our friend who had never cruised Disney before) we started exploring a bit. We actually waited another 30 minutes before we actually departed as they were still fueling the ship.

While some of our group went to wait for the shops to open to scoop up the Transatlantic merchandise, I gave our newbie, and new to the Magic friends a Bow to Stern tour. We nosed around everything, and checked out each others Cabins. By the time we got back to the shop, it was almost time to open. We started chatting with the CM's who were waiting for the go-ahead that they were clear of the Port and ok to open. We scooped up our TA gear, anticipating that they would run out. They seemed prepared for the rush, and had put extra stock out on a few of the racks. They never did run out though, and I actually bought a hat near the end of the cruise.

By the time we finished all our errands, everyone scattered back to their cabins to stash our shopping and rest up a bit before dinner. We had (as always) the late dinner seating, so we met up in the Atrium early to take pictures. We had theme nights each evening of the cruise that we planned, and wanted to get pictures. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed by the ship photographers. We had been extremely spoilt on our last cruise by connecting with the photographer Lee (She's on the Dream now... ask for her, she's amazing!) during our Embarkation photo... she took some INCREDIBLE shots of our family throughout the cruise. This time we didn't like a single photo enough to buy them. Pretty disappointing.

After we got our pictures (Our theme was Nautical for the first night), we headed into dinner and met our servers. They were very nice, but not the best I've ever experienced on Disney. They also had a party of 10 or 12 that seemed to constantly need their attention, so we always seemed to be the last to get our plates. Not really a big deal, just frustrating the few times we were trying to make it to an event after dinner.

I will apologize in advance, I was usually so distracted by food that I didn't take very many pictures at dinner. :confused3

But, here's what I did get:

My fried Brie:
1eq_zheyy2O6qXUQgf-bNJEJ_98zOSHWf1-JYsbZYIjwcF3T-L0LLI80ZL_I6m3dbdxD6-HI6cNT9axFrsrlINQdn1rHMAZyNKgW0ToT-mn6dZFwbGcqoYBDfo4dCUAnRxoqJn254s1mfQ_Tg6nKYawoNVAcW97PVV0U1cEV1mNX4hPcghf0-7cBLg5FsrSDOCxq7syWo2d45cimWKo1_Doxhvb9MtU2TIjZO4mybg5axqSkwKhDXqs7s1dgwBRyfR3tJQ_scdFpwtgq3CPtCSWV31AJUjto6chm-otQKXYkr6fT5uE_2FOEJFd2-9Jm-bW8ZoQhfyD3Zw2eAS-myp10i_Nb1Hrthy19czbhx56LvU5O_L4TK0e114Z0PfZkbx1BGXj4wbZXzVffsYVghmupccBhz8jlAVa6Pp5k4mQXRojBeQjdYdgpk5WcZrPju42Renh5vgLPDFH2loZoc91f-nffLemahfMMeqltXHEociRLO-YZ6mZKn3IZu6a7uXYN-wv1QWLcTjPrgRCjo8WOyOD8laMGQ1h3uwkMVSZ4gc7WZquCyXg9lx7HisuUWv736qo6QCB9GXmwAKJ2O7O5YiAKAWq-2RVT2HymACzOXotk=w671-h894-no

DH's Escargot:
qELGZPCAdd5g4n5YGR0NnEG3ZY8nsb_dpQmEZtk2AZTuuYipypyboApJelwZsNaBAJnffmSMskrCVwJb5FGKBBjuhYRTufU8bPYSKtFvnqXR7bihyJ8mYQfIu6Dgcyjm34Su_fI88aH8Cwx7xx10JZ_k4eo_2yoyd47tea0rvLdDm2Tcef5Bc3u3PYWtSqz_dw3J2d2lHBY8P1DBJnlcrrDIQrNVY626c2_onTbU2Nq-AbqqH2wYBNpB7LTfyX9Um8e7nuicZsCFFLDbgqm2CkpMjfQWfin2_533XyGKRbCdB_15bldzRP9fdk0GPCnAfruqXg6m-tz0YAFWyaa9JvFWC4C7r4TT8clWsOLNoYPXPFYqfyQsXoe9W7TWBP1UQG9YuMcmxNhM8YAbIw3J18a460exErbq_Tbjka4mOSx2_GkMtIgDaZojuzDDXmUM1BSrGuMgU-PnMvM-F0Y9dNUqvANf09izxTyH5G9DcUxZH6Wj0Wp9VH2NNRntMt12KNO5ewMy6n9RMbKxuLpcgtC6u4AkthFONKxLfbrbe956FwIcRvFhey7UXfC-zZ8eTMBKUTqbzV0r4f7e-8oi3YINZNhKqLfAipEmAcvb5hWrSvmV=w671-h894-no

My Tofu and Veggies:

I will say that I was pretty pleased with the vegetarian selections on this cruise. They seem to have branched out a bit from previous menus. Not sure if this was because of the expanded menus for the TA, or if it's just Disney in General. I'll eat chicken occasionally, but I really can't stomach meat very often, so it was nice to have some good options that weren't salad.

0JP3U76xKhIePzBo1NHRfrJNNOszY5C3NG93Xj3y-FrxQze99rfCf-PDqksoMW-xEwfXAC8G_1AROOnNlsChQ4ongC5E8Ww-TrAwawATt5bCOO-baTIj0imqPUvHIAxUXHuJ1eGqZI5moohCD85B3_A35DE4-133AGWbCFbI-xG7kavJaLiiMBk2qBTIeMiLrktIdCXLlF46p5NJwPXcYBjgAhMGXiT4C3x35YYNX2u8kbsFDgqfx5zii1aLn6f1kRU5SOT7wi0ToosvpXUTZENLrIUOtHvWSFGQ1L0pfVwptsx3__Cw1iasTch0BMx-45N1fTszRlmbG5D110dKMaQ7bblVZqLobDXIrv7s1Uql1BMoUo17TkBTQRYr3Otxp4OrlbahWo-8xjrw5BS76AiuX_qAXjkGrJT4xQhViZCZ7gJz2szDqin6nPC5I-jf52KH2p4gqAbxFTuWqnQ2xDzf1ZJ8hOn31H-4hHoA42Rl2NT8UVA--t6VJcVEaDk_cd-xxMab5SOd2v5mCu-Ac29i--TMa_QBn8S7HR8yetgdEt4nA23ChwVgfCKVhvJLC91YMrY775KO5QS5Qc4_cfTsg2gV8GBa6vaufmUjn2PxW0lF=w671-h894-no

And of course: the Sweet Temptations

EYpdCc6WpsVcxVW5bPJMBLtcizxIGf4ZGOZ00Ztuu1U0IPXhOgKtBjzuGY73sLiE7qxaGdd0Nnmg5Ehwm1N9LCMM-0mF0lwwN3GoPJkRW-thzCJhnb4ykN_K40K4Ez-FjrmkaKuL4jQAZq3kSZWt_WxhQlgBrzuSo7fXjSQMT_88fDGcZj7GB4VOg_OkHVonnPscTthhoQbTiVwIAEa6qdZGVD6qTyvcqmZ7k5UeZpEgkkXkZcp0T_COuUWLVYvkJMIqw9xr1CITdRRXLw1s8zoExIqhcOtbGbPs_lwQQjw-XdaUwE4Ftzhx2JvQKIU4wwSdI5UbewKZXnGzesJhlIttsYu1OWWfpzHR39ftaQj3jSIeQC0_EiYjo0tLeSihcxlH85l3hcJ-afQUlkoX-tVyDvZt3nodLN0uEvHw50mez7qCGZcJ8OyFTo9i3U4IS43Xpotw5we0egO2KU6LNdVkrRsL9G0VY5yP8pkiOTvek7Ykp06hkGKftPArcMa_-nypijBAwj4XZ2U8663Ior5Mcbs0oKUHvEjQTi5T3l3PIeFPtS7CYj6Hym9Zp2MnL0EUocdb3BU-lWiR3GKJ-DLZc9GrHmIMzpz3obzxWB2WTCky=w1192-h894-no

All in all, a very successful Day 1! We headed to bed, and fell asleep almost instantly after dinner!

Up next: 3 days at sea!

Just 150 kids on board??? Sounds wonderful! I once noticed when I went to pick up my daughter from the club that there were 180 kids at the club... and that was in the evening after dinner!!

Other than the cab ride, what a great day!! Looking forward to the rest :)

And finally: Embarkation Day!!!!

CmoFDOWFw6J4yVxJon6L3OjYVKDE5MkE3EO06MpIGtVK8C56w5zu1djUmpyFAz8KgzFEFoLHLc9C_IF-BcX_12BOB9IOTjc5sfs0hgRSNnCDy190vaBgw4yWjIttT3k9wGxkli79cF0_-JGaLGM4FXRmJycWTAmZ9GhXHf527PetaDxiVnDUN1A4AQKACaNEsvJCPNDAFX8boAGOoS7RmxGmppApGFDtpncdJbuPXZvAwsJQqXdqHBsrdQHks00pqq_bzAL-LRAt1JF3w0rocW_0-uygE1Ydna2-BJ364yqXg36XpGc5a2bOphwYo_oAQ4j8dcPlXXs2itSVXnIM6wf6iOYCXSOaG8Ik-QCYBWnCSvnQ_FNBln6mLjD45FH3Fif0Xxo5NniECMpa9cR-sjr3Rpi6duRXfhI7SftXkAHhjMUjsH2GLjUEF65onDDS0QEhugFP7pAs4JTXnqUcNbzKkwlMbHVtk8cZCK6mVs3d3k8X9-BKcIibclrRyyX2hO8TdgfgjvYR2J24F3Sb_JJIy2WEneqZfekHtzE48PqPv-U1dXjlHzRN3k5AfEzFXU6XpYx3Bnvk0kHwAt6dghxgaopRi2hcnop2ILbvCfNfMoEI=s658-no

The day had come! We were so excited! We had booked the cruise just after the dates were released, so it had been over a year of countdown to Embarkation.

Our PAT was 11:30 - 12:00, which I had selected because we had a 12:00 checkout from the hotel. Our plan was just to have a leisurely morning in the room, pack up slowly, and head out around 11:00.

My original intention was to walk the short distance to the port, and take the port shuttle out to the ship. However, I second guessed myself and started looking up Taxi estimates. The trip from our hotel to the port should have cost about €10, and the port bus was going to cost us around €8. I figured the extra €2 would be worth the convenience of not walking the mile or so to the bus, so we grabbed a taxi.

As Julia Roberts says in Pretty Woman: Big Mistake. Big. Huge!

Well not really, but it was pretty annoying. The streets on Las Ramblas are divided by the large pedestrian area, so it's basically a one way street on either side, because you can't turn until you get to the end. Unfortunately, our driver used this as an opportunity to take us on a tour of the Gothic District and run up our fare.

I asked him after a few turns if there were road closures on the way to the port, and he said that the way he was going was faster. I figured with the Traffic on Las Ramblas that could be true, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a few more turns. Fortunately for us, we had explored the Gothic Quarter fairly extensively, and I have a pretty decent memory for roads and directions. So when we made a turn heading directly away from the port I asked him again where we were going.

He repeated the story about the direction being faster, and I pointed out that we were going the opposite direction from the port. He started grumbling and turned down a few more streets, so I pulled up Google Maps on my phone and showed him the directions.

DH at this point was starting to get upset... he hates to waste money. I advised the driver that he could either let us out where we were, or take us directly to the port. He finally turned in the correct direction, but by the time we got the the ship, he had run the fare up to about €23. :headache:

I took down his cab number so I could file a complaint when we got home, and we grabbed all our bags. At this point we both took a moment to calm down from our infuriating cab ride, because we didn't want a sketchy cab ride to ruin our day, and we were finally at the Disney Magic!

EiwKSjTatp7rYQvRkBLDFJK_f-_hXNfDJAoVRhor29so3jU_Z62DOlzHhxAC_NjyJc7vCibcJ3ypGQSVqj6ByENftwkcZSUh29KIzAaV8ROQorHmEXffTLuKMaMKvZpHB6NXGuNqLq5EA5mUh8W4KHFlv5m2ZUSotAwYOFtYQt0XMYPvsFf1RcNVMl09EKNcA6RBJ1HkV4v1uiFVVBFFLKCxTpAR5qPWQOpP5DsLiOFZBxu7GFl9YHeshqqNofgqRKpHDPhJfxSt-J2yQjL6kG9lfM71xgIPCeqSW_86GH1VgZSLZUxp8-W0-qmIf4rqm669I0qUZ62KUMf4HfkIlcZuSyC1NUx0CJYIfZUJMjuEBmUj_hcnsugp-7mFmXVDeljJGsfcbRiE2tjJ_VXa59j_EG2hMbvhf0q0-KJyKcO0ooSbGlkaHStRq9uo-tPUaTUS85yEu-nOY9RAvFHYph3y7sLVnrSUGleumU4rJjc2x0TGcS-r47mNX5MND9BQvqTNqgfGkYFmTN8Xe7YfA-Q3ICsnyl9jw8s_3YZ4Mc_7IMFS5hkP9RUZFwnUa3DsazZWDwyMpwS3kKala6ekYpdUWHsAInc0K-fp2aM5Iec7Gxv7=w1192-h894-no

I wasn't sure what to expect at the Port, as we've only ever cruise out of Port Canaveral with it's smiling CM's and Mickey interior. There was a small queue outside to go through security, but they were quite efficient with bags, quickly adding ours directly to the racks of bags being taken to screening. There was no need for porters, as we were only a few steps from security when we got out of the car. After they took our bags, checked our pamphlets and verified that we had passports (they were careful to ask before taking our checked bags, which I thought was a nice touch in case anyone accidentally tossed them in a suitcase), we joined the queue for security.

We hadn't made specific plans to meet up with our cruise mates, but to our luck two of them turned up right behind us! These were our friends from Boston (a former WDW coworker and her Hubby), who we really only get to see when we cruise together, so we waited for them to catch up in the queue so we could jump around and hug them! The excitement of meeting up with our friends made it really feel like our cruise was starting!

We made it through security, to find a Mickey greeting area, which we opted to skip as there would be ample opportunities to meet the Boss Mouse over the next 12 days! There were also some small shops for last minute souvenirs and supplied ect.

Then we headed over to the check in area. It wasn't particularly fancy, basically a warehouse, but there were smiling CM's everywhere directing people around. As we expected, the Castaway Club line was actually the longest line, but it moved very quickly once we joined it. After one switchback, we heard our other friends calling us... they had just joined the queue as well! It worked out perfect, as we all wanted to have lunch together on-board.

We made it up to the front after about 5 minutes, checked in, and had our pictures taken. It was actually one of the most efficient check-ins we'd ever had, and we were soon on our way to the waiting area with our Castaway lanyards bouncing around with excitement. They had not yet started boarding the ship, so we settled in to wait. Once they began it went pretty rapidly, and we didn't have to wait long for our boarding group (7!).

We had our picture taken and yes--we were the group hooting, hollering, and cheering as we went up the escalator to the ship. I apologize if we offended your sensibilities. :jumping1: We gave our fake family name (We have created a mash up of all our last names for group trips) to the CM's to announce us and we bounced aboard!

After a brief pause to take some pictures with Helmsman Mickey, and inspect the new Chandelier (It was all of our first trip on the Magic post-reimagineering), we headed to Cabanas. I have to say, miss the old Chihuly chandelier. The replacements are pretty, and apparently much easier to clean... but they don't make quite the same statement as the old one.

VnQw7fAwZ7Nre_q9tpThVDz8O0m7BcdRcgRwtaICorfsfmt6WiEEphtcBTUTYDBDlZStA4vCEV5ktCGFo1hPQcwMBi6Bhu0qqno20p2LckV2augu4vVItu1X2omhpvySlTYLtYbShF8SqcznIiUl071qorx1s7TPbI2cpLcYVRPIYhRHTeqmzrywKTtx3LcSZILK6f72d2TucrRSQK-hLoL1JWNT1Y616bef66TzKQbeT4BGfAXxGbiV1NGiYXHIlaMkUdweyVJ9AeCv4lD7D6VBBs8XhQFeUfPqzkMVLdiLYXD5XcL3PCC9CpAJ3xkp7Xmc-XzsO73YV-u7xzr3319QqiPm0gBA59VkqOkmNHKlknt8Ft30G-v_BmogPxPzgvlQQ8gLPF9mqobk2GHSusijfQA2EPEVhOPv3CuR5Yh-mA1SC_KCJvLJKksCp4rvz-1GlthjFYb31a7TbPUDMeG8y0UElV6c02UysSJKvpECtHiUNYGVgjxj_SZokCLh8bQ6mJ3nh278Ek92ls9v0RuFy_c3lgI13DQ7JFVGRquYFvywpLkLkaDSTIbc3gKS4UlBcC27a5w4A5HQ7iENZnh_syKkaAjtS_x4S1QvQ_KsgsUG=w671-h894-no

At this point, I became too excited to remember to take pictures, so I have no idea what anyone ate at the buffet. We gave a few tips to our friend who was on his first cruise over lunch, and took advantage of the shore based cell signal while we had it.

We had a long, leisurely lunch, and by the time we finished the Cabins were available, so we headed downstairs to ditch our carry-ons and check out our room.

I had spent a lot of time carefully picking our our cabin, and this was going to be our first true Oceanview Cabin (We were a 9A). We usually just opt for inside cabins, since we normally don't spend much time in the room. We tried a Veranda cabin once, but to us it felt like a waste as we never used it. However, on this cruise with the 7 sea days, I figured we'd spend a bit more time in the cabin than normal and we opted for the OV Cabin.

8ncvtI-34RnMysaGfFC0rNT3AAWSRiIEDwIGhC3Yksea64TF_QHMFqKPeN-eUqAg1lfCgPn8Ap3W5BnAA6luTO_SdiXMsNW1MPyoaCLT80A5iLZ9Xoq8MViWAzDRxyyr6XAkxI5d6OIZITAi23aoo9RSrO4lVpHM0qYyKgNqUK3epQfNXK8K6mjbyrdMW_IVA7f0Q0JAKnuyfuvslct5LeqoPWKORJtSA6ysXIt4xYMSTU1OjC5Lk9LvNsO0Xwgz5M4lSudXkEt42V0eZmix5XWA9mbaHSg-JnApdfm-Eo0n87tG9tXtUWrns4r3MospoRfCn6bjj-UEUx1zBXQpLKHd60htZ07MCWfqMzxHaC06xJmasdlbupzDRqfZ6WqKFvdq_-U8cK2iYYSCNqG2RvP0SiG2dW40AOVPgGR1MPGWk3_2C9Pq-U22IQwF6OIfHjKjBchJrmEjRambceRTFHitcUvEy40g2HBXmZSHDPfzVosUqo5xfHDAZ3OqGMimJ6c_t7fEY0WItGdCmyGLREFqzCyN7t36ENx3xqIVSGiJp2crhe5QsnJqsM2mNzl8seG1joa5_WgtUJ0T1jJR3RoCrltTu-q-noo-6IIqKKv_Jwfm=s894-no

I was so glad we picked the OV, I spent HOURS sitting on the couch staring out the window at the water. I absolutely adored our cabin, and being on deck 2. I had always picked cabins on higher floors in the past, but I am a Deck 2 girl for life now. It was so quiet, so convenient... the elevators are usually empty when you get in, and if they're full upstairs its easy to climb down. Plus it's super convenient for port days and disembarking Deck 1. We were in 2590, Starboard side, just slightly aft of midship. I honestly can't rave about it enough, it was fabulous.

YZc_wZb17qgmdjBJ30zE8IpnzB65IYac_X5sOIBvGk7avy87bS42RPGp_ePSEmAGS1-9kSPtzTqnQ93A475fC081xUYf_9SaewWhomaG-eFrbK2FCNJc6lAnr9XJv0zKJfkHbEv2Wzltw9-t2smgCZ5vzMPW__5xgy8iAf7-akUkmT_WN91qJ1kGxr-4QrCUYC75d6UcEFaVmyt0DMKb3St3otXTf7MrrSRuRjcxtyx9CtOYZ6Ax45mbrmVDg3U-k20ORs78fFkQ58AdWi6v7u5DuAL4Rv3IlbOrgQ3D9ug3gvQXBef7TUtMMsiXvSEYOXEIhSVKv8V1BzltYpVQiXQNVy4ds9JDWq5R_dMgvFbi-ZEWpZSliZMiUYKIu6ZcR7tvG3Pyi8nDPg0CX-xrWd9AQFC7j6viis00iVJmllyqCULsr-qsWLy2KmnEe_qcX4UetMKK6iat-LP9UI9jFxZBgPoRWLmCCBsBYMwvc8m6mKgW2eeryrAU7Alk_5rvWfvNJ29zA02LUYZFExNEjUvlPkavLbD4PfwjCQq3DZZ1UtyidxDFGtDCtVC0_DsGYa96-YOl-GHIUDJqY7DfWeOqoOPSJ6mZCjJHQhPXAlzJOsAV=w1280-h284-no

Two of our bags were actually already there when we arrived, so we decided to get our unpacking out of the way. We had a meetup with our Facebook group later that afternoon, and we were hoping to finish before we had to leave, but we were still short one bag before that.

As we were about to leave, we met our Stateroom host: Cita. He was, in a word, Fantastic. He's honestly the best stateroom host we've ever had. He was super attentive, seemed to figure out our patterns right away, and kept our room clean and well supplied. He was SUPER nice. I think the lower occupancy of the TA cruise made things a bit easier work-wise on the Stateroom hosts.

We made our way up to the Promenade Lounge to meet our planning group. We spent about half an hour meeting the people we'd been chatting with all year, and updating FE information.

Once we finished, we headed down to finish up our unpacking, and I managed to get our Door decorated before we had to be back up on the Promenade deck for Muster. I had made a new FE for this trip, but I hadn't gotten around to making any new magnets. Fortunately, DH was able to find my old stash from a previous cruise, and up they went!

1M2Xua-FBj5YcuAzIdxo5cYG0l6XYLEA74lxYMsdWEJra4l5vFEBlmzgRU6TDdEJPY97gV59xzENNO5n4NNITsvjdAFPgj9q11Vsrb3MT_IgAdOyRKDai0NbHxWm7Shy6-VBgCWNG5q46w8Ktoig0BSg4D9n0RiZDDUzUqyEmT-3EJxu6ZQqtR3GCDfQwOlKHKlAH8wxl-cqymglVPHWlQlIQZ9yKqwDmR8dHFF0WI6LQITT8GMdjcw336Y1RTmjpVd6zbjacAeF6cXMx4rQx9rtKBqJ1iyxJb3n0oYLDDHjbrp2qRi9FGc4vDBcn3CKuIXX6xrYx1iwZhEBXbdtX5VBWEo2jW6Paqy1aSn226I-3DkAu7eqx_8ka8CfdG28ogtn1hx8zZI98vkqnKv8nm0Rc2du3DQTHTpyaCdezpFHiR9vlHbtFOEL_WozFhKem8-LsdpSKGA8NkpAmNhCU1aOV0h5y0EoeA9Ms_lOwwvRGUWrqpZhZdP8Os4_TrH0dz2qFl3BJGDm2KWrlzSSXTCNWUWPA4TiEDYddQdtHIid8JRbame4_egaRYjxeQvdCQ6eSroutU5Z8xQHXl3f43L7hn8lew2sqZo8aK2yz55gtIX1=s894-no

The Emergency Drill was one of the easiest I had been to, and also the first time we've had to muster outside. I was worried that it would be uncomfortable, but it was breezy and pleasant, and we were done quite quickly. Again, I was starting to see how much simpler everything was with the ship at half-capacity.

After muster, we headed up on deck to get our spots for the Sail Away party... and then we <i>really</i> saw how uncrowded the ship was. I actually bumped into an old coworker from WDW who now works as an Entertainment Manager onboard, and he said that there were only 150 kids on the whole ship. :thumbsup2

CdxyHSRU2yEqoIPuLO2NIbY4ZM0Rt0YH69p5tElFlGvYm-QUPmfZJEqFHUxyI5UWEQJlzdnHBnluNnZXTHDjG1Ci_eN0557I1IzAQkzwYmfXgJdic9dCYijCQPrMFiXIsJ8IHq0zqZhskdC0TxahgFzxzx3KaN_Py2DmTenyDrWsMBZcxIhy-heMbmPmPmeYbAIQoBkk7sgEHe2zzFt2aTFop8Xq9iRP3uzS3-6Com-cAnOsrwjEKiXTRIwgBKVGb08qLlMdSo1XUrBlECFynrXFi-jCPMJPTkEe11-ShwexnKKhUUIZ-Zt8EHzoZF41L_gg_QsOmjhkLG-yT4hgbhHaYchqea95-EA1ZhQS1zdC8f48NPGg_L-iRYIVVMdTXvVe93mtMnsxGmT5oRkR_4WWPP-UMF8sdYwBE516295ZMxsXkBgvObBzkrBzFxKyrxr4VUCBm6183kZAeQPcioZ8Iru6QSKIcntea25tHi0c7VAcuv9kBh0KkNcdkD-riTqR5sIJKil_p2dNYWtUG7U-sdck9XFB9EgixG20-ojCjx3idcjJFS1VJ8hiMgw3jw6qjZpBkhtUTw5_hnj5jmmPWqOo25afC-sbqBG96hP7Li0i=w1280-h721-no

The sail away party seems to have been shortened a bit, and we stayed for most of it. Once they sounded the Mickey Horn (Which we had all kept a secret from our friend who had never cruised Disney before) we started exploring a bit. We actually waited another 30 minutes before we actually departed as they were still fueling the ship.

While some of our group went to wait for the shops to open to scoop up the Transatlantic merchandise, I gave our newbie, and new to the Magic friends a Bow to Stern tour. We nosed around everything, and checked out each others Cabins. By the time we got back to the shop, it was almost time to open. We started chatting with the CM's who were waiting for the go-ahead that they were clear of the Port and ok to open. We scooped up our TA gear, anticipating that they would run out. They seemed prepared for the rush, and had put extra stock out on a few of the racks. They never did run out though, and I actually bought a hat near the end of the cruise.

By the time we finished all our errands, everyone scattered back to their cabins to stash our shopping and rest up a bit before dinner. We had (as always) the late dinner seating, so we met up in the Atrium early to take pictures. We had theme nights each evening of the cruise that we planned, and wanted to get pictures. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed by the ship photographers. We had been extremely spoilt on our last cruise by connecting with the photographer Lee (She's on the Dream now... ask for her, she's amazing!) during our Embarkation photo... she took some INCREDIBLE shots of our family throughout the cruise. This time we didn't like a single photo enough to buy them. Pretty disappointing.

After we got our pictures (Our theme was Nautical for the first night), we headed into dinner and met our servers. They were very nice, but not the best I've ever experienced on Disney. They also had a party of 10 or 12 that seemed to constantly need their attention, so we always seemed to be the last to get our plates. Not really a big deal, just frustrating the few times we were trying to make it to an event after dinner.

I will apologize in advance, I was usually so distracted by food that I didn't take very many pictures at dinner. :confused3

But, here's what I did get:

My fried Brie:
1eq_zheyy2O6qXUQgf-bNJEJ_98zOSHWf1-JYsbZYIjwcF3T-L0LLI80ZL_I6m3dbdxD6-HI6cNT9axFrsrlINQdn1rHMAZyNKgW0ToT-mn6dZFwbGcqoYBDfo4dCUAnRxoqJn254s1mfQ_Tg6nKYawoNVAcW97PVV0U1cEV1mNX4hPcghf0-7cBLg5FsrSDOCxq7syWo2d45cimWKo1_Doxhvb9MtU2TIjZO4mybg5axqSkwKhDXqs7s1dgwBRyfR3tJQ_scdFpwtgq3CPtCSWV31AJUjto6chm-otQKXYkr6fT5uE_2FOEJFd2-9Jm-bW8ZoQhfyD3Zw2eAS-myp10i_Nb1Hrthy19czbhx56LvU5O_L4TK0e114Z0PfZkbx1BGXj4wbZXzVffsYVghmupccBhz8jlAVa6Pp5k4mQXRojBeQjdYdgpk5WcZrPju42Renh5vgLPDFH2loZoc91f-nffLemahfMMeqltXHEociRLO-YZ6mZKn3IZu6a7uXYN-wv1QWLcTjPrgRCjo8WOyOD8laMGQ1h3uwkMVSZ4gc7WZquCyXg9lx7HisuUWv736qo6QCB9GXmwAKJ2O7O5YiAKAWq-2RVT2HymACzOXotk=w671-h894-no

DH's Escargot:
qELGZPCAdd5g4n5YGR0NnEG3ZY8nsb_dpQmEZtk2AZTuuYipypyboApJelwZsNaBAJnffmSMskrCVwJb5FGKBBjuhYRTufU8bPYSKtFvnqXR7bihyJ8mYQfIu6Dgcyjm34Su_fI88aH8Cwx7xx10JZ_k4eo_2yoyd47tea0rvLdDm2Tcef5Bc3u3PYWtSqz_dw3J2d2lHBY8P1DBJnlcrrDIQrNVY626c2_onTbU2Nq-AbqqH2wYBNpB7LTfyX9Um8e7nuicZsCFFLDbgqm2CkpMjfQWfin2_533XyGKRbCdB_15bldzRP9fdk0GPCnAfruqXg6m-tz0YAFWyaa9JvFWC4C7r4TT8clWsOLNoYPXPFYqfyQsXoe9W7TWBP1UQG9YuMcmxNhM8YAbIw3J18a460exErbq_Tbjka4mOSx2_GkMtIgDaZojuzDDXmUM1BSrGuMgU-PnMvM-F0Y9dNUqvANf09izxTyH5G9DcUxZH6Wj0Wp9VH2NNRntMt12KNO5ewMy6n9RMbKxuLpcgtC6u4AkthFONKxLfbrbe956FwIcRvFhey7UXfC-zZ8eTMBKUTqbzV0r4f7e-8oi3YINZNhKqLfAipEmAcvb5hWrSvmV=w671-h894-no

My Tofu and Veggies:

I will say that I was pretty pleased with the vegetarian selections on this cruise. They seem to have branched out a bit from previous menus. Not sure if this was because of the expanded menus for the TA, or if it's just Disney in General. I'll eat chicken occasionally, but I really can't stomach meat very often, so it was nice to have some good options that weren't salad.

0JP3U76xKhIePzBo1NHRfrJNNOszY5C3NG93Xj3y-FrxQze99rfCf-PDqksoMW-xEwfXAC8G_1AROOnNlsChQ4ongC5E8Ww-TrAwawATt5bCOO-baTIj0imqPUvHIAxUXHuJ1eGqZI5moohCD85B3_A35DE4-133AGWbCFbI-xG7kavJaLiiMBk2qBTIeMiLrktIdCXLlF46p5NJwPXcYBjgAhMGXiT4C3x35YYNX2u8kbsFDgqfx5zii1aLn6f1kRU5SOT7wi0ToosvpXUTZENLrIUOtHvWSFGQ1L0pfVwptsx3__Cw1iasTch0BMx-45N1fTszRlmbG5D110dKMaQ7bblVZqLobDXIrv7s1Uql1BMoUo17TkBTQRYr3Otxp4OrlbahWo-8xjrw5BS76AiuX_qAXjkGrJT4xQhViZCZ7gJz2szDqin6nPC5I-jf52KH2p4gqAbxFTuWqnQ2xDzf1ZJ8hOn31H-4hHoA42Rl2NT8UVA--t6VJcVEaDk_cd-xxMab5SOd2v5mCu-Ac29i--TMa_QBn8S7HR8yetgdEt4nA23ChwVgfCKVhvJLC91YMrY775KO5QS5Qc4_cfTsg2gV8GBa6vaufmUjn2PxW0lF=w671-h894-no

And of course: the Sweet Temptations

EYpdCc6WpsVcxVW5bPJMBLtcizxIGf4ZGOZ00Ztuu1U0IPXhOgKtBjzuGY73sLiE7qxaGdd0Nnmg5Ehwm1N9LCMM-0mF0lwwN3GoPJkRW-thzCJhnb4ykN_K40K4Ez-FjrmkaKuL4jQAZq3kSZWt_WxhQlgBrzuSo7fXjSQMT_88fDGcZj7GB4VOg_OkHVonnPscTthhoQbTiVwIAEa6qdZGVD6qTyvcqmZ7k5UeZpEgkkXkZcp0T_COuUWLVYvkJMIqw9xr1CITdRRXLw1s8zoExIqhcOtbGbPs_lwQQjw-XdaUwE4Ftzhx2JvQKIU4wwSdI5UbewKZXnGzesJhlIttsYu1OWWfpzHR39ftaQj3jSIeQC0_EiYjo0tLeSihcxlH85l3hcJ-afQUlkoX-tVyDvZt3nodLN0uEvHw50mez7qCGZcJ8OyFTo9i3U4IS43Xpotw5we0egO2KU6LNdVkrRsL9G0VY5yP8pkiOTvek7Ykp06hkGKftPArcMa_-nypijBAwj4XZ2U8663Ior5Mcbs0oKUHvEjQTi5T3l3PIeFPtS7CYj6Hym9Zp2MnL0EUocdb3BU-lWiR3GKJ-DLZc9GrHmIMzpz3obzxWB2WTCky=w1192-h894-no

All in all, a very successful Day 1! We headed to bed, and fell asleep almost instantly after dinner!

Up next: 3 days at sea!
on the edge of our seats, come back soon please <3

Sorry for the delay in updating, the real world (and Mickey's Halloween Party and going to the Talking Dead premier) got in the way!

But now... the first 3 days at Sea!

Initially, I was a bit apprehensive about filling 7 Sea Days, but in hindsight that was crazy! I found myself wishing Port Days were Sea Days. :rotfl2:

Unfortunately, my state of extreme relaxation left me irresponsible about taking pictures, so I'm going to group the first batch of Sea Days into this post.

Our first morning we made no plans, and opted to sleep in. It had been a pretty busy week leading into the cruise, and we wanted to start our relaxation out right away.

Normally I'm a high-functioning insomniac. It's not unusual for me to average about 2-3 hours of sleep a night. I've always been that way, even when I was a kid (according to my mom). I have a late evening circadian rhythm, and really don't generally settle down before 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning... except when I'm travelling. It's probably psychological, but when I'm in a flux of time zones I'm more readily able to fall asleep. Particularly on the ship, with the lovely rocking motion. So this crazy insomniac was getting 8-9 hours of sleep each night. :cool1:

We woke up on our own each morning, opting not to set alarms on Sea Days, typically we woke up around 9:00. After lazing around the room for a bit, we headed up to Cabanas for breakfast, messaging our friends (Ps, I LOVE the messaging update in the app. So much more convenient than the Wave phones) who opted to meet us.

This became our normal morning routine, everyone would typically mosey up to Cabanas by 10:00ish for breakfast. Despite all the fabulous food onboard, I'm a creature of habit, and my normal breakfast became a cheese omelet and strawberries and cream. DH is more adventurous than I am, food wise, and always turns up with something random on his plate.

After breakfast we headed back to the room to change, as we had decided to take advantage of the warm Mediterranean weather before we hit the chilly Atlantic.

We found that we turned the information channel on the TV more than anything else. I loved the details about where we were, the weather, etc.

fZVpP6rntY03jye8xQW9lwn0rsRcqp56tgn0YzZ4FGu4fLnB1KXaVvrmKmvW7k2dVtB9gyHaE57f_r-1L0YM77LkLVeaPy4uC0yZ2pM79hcyZ8WVMEI4J1Jc9woSCUezc9MUkgoYNc2ZgVDR8UfsT2VBMH1RRDvGSTmdkLBsc1naamBNzmBi92miE7k8M7o4rYC8UJf7sGxdYNTFdMi6KdVh9wyeleUQBjIC2WE5BgYbA9yaXC_anqJ_J-VXpUY1hX939mevyec6el6glP5ysS87GBf24sqLPY-5Hrys_iGidS8mJyap9qgLNxON-hLx_g-f3Xjv7SA5UHAyT42GlkOkGvPXr3H0JhbAaDUS_kX8ZGM9gPRR4haPXTSfY6qXxd-g0iPU1g5RdYyWt4b_eR_qAhSfzjUKa3CBH1r95dn3wZBjI7-KslPk0hTRYLSGTewQZDi_vE7sc4WhP7piHrP7xugZLK3lX7NfqKvh0hnwoE7DvLrGGpMp0DQAoDmhK2kAUeMbxktokRJVg9VRGy77KhxoKRHhq4-1bcqSjZxGsZLOvn4gud97mGyKUhgN9ZXyD7OIfeZ6uqaoxH41r5SzWdojX7zFrQWVxH3jTlVUFm4Q=w1192-h894-no

We found a spot up on the top deck, overlooking the Quiet Cove that became "our spot". This was another time when the emptiness of the ship really hit us. We were able to stroll upstairs at about 11:30 and find 6 chairs together at the pool. We relaxed, and some of us tried out the Aqua Dunk. I started in on the first of several books I read. We figured out which of the Quiet Cove hot tubs was warmer (the Starboard side). It was a generally relaxing day. At some point we all acquired lunch at various food spots. I was thrilled to find that they had shawarma every day up on deck. So yummy!

We eventually headed back to the cabin to freshen up for the show and dinner. That night was Twice Charmed. I'm not a big fan of this particular show, but I didn't want to miss out on one of the Disney productions. Again, empty ship syndrome made it easy to walk down about 5 minutes prior and still get pretty great seats.

(And yes, I'm a rule breaker and took a picture. I promise I didn't flash!)
8VJx1R4XeYtNkh370YKLdbc8lvvkffmIrkF8L98nwWbR6npHtozb-kYj8Gr2xUk2A4TnzkCWjFuyb0LEw9JhK65lGneAqTaAkvU1zua0J65U396x0cfyxbIehjYS28JAFHLUvRRCmVNzgZozQLprhv9qo_fZoAp8OnB4uDW12Y3KvPgMAoWRXfCm9rzxxKo9V5fpPO3paRA_dOpqC9wCJheKIP4vnp7kGUEk7kc0c9ki8lLDow-VxiGTKnxEy_6aiQl3xuOQx85yhO9uicBkl10Iz1uzQInewPx89ZbgjjgsQ2g8u4xR2vWKUpZZ6T1dqiyrGMgCzC4rwcVvjjhV2NthPdbqWxuqzBQLkYEwqGPGUTjWPQkaAH8ifY-fnJgk-qmBmpeFtvwJ5z19wHoEqdXDuAxrtITnFAMILFN_y8rAckv37TyKbCybUNmVEimL3Zm_VIkFRLd6dJHEdTSCMLDTzrk0V9VhJ--h9TC-_uCUxGl1L1LDy1u73h9QSjld7jK8o3_ot398Q6t8kzDXuL9g9ajVENtSvSlF-fbpLLT1pfWIUetp3pP79zGDGTU3ZCLmUCIa_ARW-KEDnuWCkJcfz6fXyHeIHKEoWj0qZsMdW46k=w1192-h894-no

After dinner we headed up to the Atrium to get a few pictures taken. Again, we weren't super impressed with the photographers who were pretty disinterested as there were no kids in our group.

It was formal night, and we had opted for a Black and White theme. I had requested a rotation that put us in Animators Palate, which may have been my motivation for choosing that particular rotation. That and it was the rotation that had us in Cariocas the least, as I'm just not crazy about that restaurant.

SKDwKHtqESgngVChMdTFa6o8iCMPrxjpiqbimB_K0MOAYix20aCRWrJ7RIlIroBot3957LFZqpMv0gWwseTQRm8vqdGk7ylAL1ywnQgJv4yc9sTAoTUyfgwMRsA5qsBCAsiq9mG5Ug5sQObZPtjYil--S9FkIH0qa0SC35Ds5kxh1kIUPpvFq55phu5h6DUpceja-8UqC7xbZwP5e8mH2Hp5w615Y74wlS7ef7yZQRGm0lTAv7tCR8E3PLAUunY3zJEtYQcgnms2CIKNPC_ovFx9_ML0YiMhzSAyVzJjQwDa2e40ahREyVTb7XcINYJGLRRpFg9EDmMz8aRO9jctD_Ig5SSs7NCczvLkf0LAceWBR9yGe9Az_0Gw1bfcS3nQVt7Iiui2f5Zou4UsxOEAbZA-cbjidVqSV5kTUKpEGQeK18bjQGhbZVMm3GfGEwkB1KiFAGGdsZ5c8d8P9SxUY0qfuaBNRS3WiDaV9lNE2g_o075n_ry74qWZA-4K7S0eRNqPx_69zzXkUtvmemasu-zgVfZqgdsV4CtJXnqYa4RSMIpXSqZuWR51kbIiPuifQwKP3qRpNTARAYVvrJIUN5sutsoZlbBcxJQyzAjF5IP2mt8w=w671-h894-no

I really love the table numbers in Animators. They're so clever!

GNj9bzEsYKmFuR9dvqbClRKSD193D6LAZ9pqPne4KC6OEPUZUzdjuV1IY208iOodUqT1gP7IkhfVx3vg2EJ5PD4mCNW684GdeN0gz8YbAGQlJwGjrQyGKyEVK9AbEcMaCWEq_7eh7IasYRT7c5sY0tqzgFHF4RFiK-0wk2giAPF4ycO7B3IoNIZFM_a8ZfsxFDfwO96gDupWbJ4MG-mDiPP1isLZie3-wvyEEYBIStNRX2NrlHt_rPbtq2EACq0wTwKwdU1Xl4KOH_3ynfLZNz2sN4MCRZ58S6CoKOePzTR302Q5nx0kDb_Ijf7QxO_5Jzw_hLNpHu7GP8WpziIDS7G5LRhDKh-W3XI21EA_3JLk1vbJvTlOWze8HDKZQ0niWXpZ9yvPaAZX2TzLYMOhjKFLffGmWqIeFn6GIEN5fTRshKo5JVbPkzVWtmxN-tCCN8u-VYzYeJT6zGM-AFF1H4EBmnqNLnZtRXKrc0K8zXl153ym-sf3WYc35h9wZjC0o6zjUUILcvWq9brlyjA-2K9Ev_ZCilkb9lIRPavYi2XGjDsnKFt6ruNs8itbSiSGLsIvav6TnL6LQIqLP-qibpcPK4N_NqfA4wQFkQcbqMc15fcT=w671-h894-no

My photography forgetfulness continued, but I did remember to snap my appetizer, which of course was:

5ctVee5Y_aLtOXAfNNhbrG8rktEy20YdjZwD6utb7d-zIHchf4cayU_Ufh8kJJfpAJAY3MXQc11ABLC0Ij604Hk81OaSnipg_WzarDZjedT15Wp_7vB4HQEeHOAS5HRDfaI2pft_v0x1psYTgj450sSuaOvapVKiaQ3eIpnRHqxnZWDw5wmoVlnBg4RP5H-F9vtZxvJWJt7EWYnceynPPHuGMqIBmSfHUa5cVogh72Q4WDgWvc_3sUS7HGK5aJXAjldw0AlLxvNxLJDbaPpPyHaZecB9wMzAE9Wyub01uCwnHYElHvRZbEtJFdNNRa60MmwDUaJXpkS7iqSXehnDLYyWP4ZjpPYbU1gmjsqYmwFm_yjb35_QHgZu8_g41kpHQo4LAHdspUV3ATFCacDQkUm1NnBqc-jtlXPpQQLOZnS8OirLsv8AGR2ovT17zdEdFGXRjnod6GBTU9iPm6FVxNJ2sM_LyQxLOE2iCBrEj38TV00LGLyha19dKp_WxI4wecYUCKuhf5ndoLFbOBGKpCA2wIXX1tPpDwr85_vqoNKCQqBttLXUdOv-xUWzYI2AyNM-HAiLdVrHuFiq8ZZ0ZqV9lVVefroVPRA2tfm2ful1ypw0=w1192-h894-no

At dessert, we teased one of our friends who loves Crème brûlée that our server should bring him 4 servings. The result, of course was:

nOjLB_9GB8RQF1ssLfVWPzLOha2VXdlR5E80ht78t-0RGPvNnvaxn-QyKXB4aEjJNcmVQR-iyQ=w1192-h894-no

I enjoyed the updated show in Animators, and I was glad they hadn't completely changed the theming to the Crush Show. I'm not embarrassed to admit that I might have teared up.

The servers also sang to DH and our friend C who were both celebrating Birthdays.

FwwdBO0WQNYNCjvzJPsF6imEFDONWYpzu3FXAqyAI9p_zbHBeS7IKNBTTwmdNpZYG2pVQrnVEH-m9DdHn5Aq-5u25ectRWimBCs3yfo6BWYX1eJGWx9y4iGbeUADPHLIvMyJ_EPKDcUyeSC1IRTKeXdPl5wkgm-JYCLpr3hovGgnxgvQFnNvjK8rCVdFA4STGj7ZfcUdcIDVp1zQQFipxKFAZz7tArOTOIToG2hiD8Bw2DktZxTkP5NLvpDn27d5WMAnl664ebbIlyeQPEi5J3fr_dHcQi7BWO8H2RJg0O7vkxJ-Q6oMlb25bKCVR30Bs1I-9-3LRefjFTVN6ica_Bd8gk5fdJIbXN2YVuKCkdAKqI3o7A-bcisvRv0QJ9a49rTihIDQd-n5fxOA3p-MMwIjgF8e6timgrrS7eSen4UilsamASm-l3hAT5HPiZL_4TxkXNDm7a1D7_tnXEUWWydelD63NaMsbRv8ugDrRBPG0t9qpY6tBWwOCacHxELw78DSjN4e3OerV7X925WiFyqj2EYEbCyjlrofQXAlp9Xmwj6HkhgviB6kP4DyEiNEJDiynrFAZcNStRySEUu2BscWKyVY-qk573EieUowjQroXmRn=w1280-h721-no

After dinner, we all went downstairs to change into warmer clothes, as the ship was going to be passing through the Strait of Gibraltar around midnight. I might be remembering incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure we also saw the Adult's performance of Junnk after dinner as well.

I was disappointed that we would be passing through the Strait at night, but it was still cool to see.

This is the Rock of Gibraltar... you can totally see it in the picture, right? :laughing:

4pTsltE_XeENPBbQrJefv4GVt5VvtNvr_F3-El2_sUDNdriQerU69SAueBllAfeo3xTm8UvSYJqotQtj04R9O5OFa3mWYczlMnH2ggoFVGsgmIL8GWKrh3kBZrHlAPCzEt2lZxA_wE9P6hzdp5dA2taMlhUs3sXe94PlC2X_yTZP40eO4UtLwpPz6LOFLxFcCAG6ARay0kY8QrMSwmoosz5NaTbjZ1oIc9mdtG9Nga34b4zsL8uFcOIDlqg_xXN9WvM3YpFH95KnJuCd6km0SS0lqLLCMCq0GRLwAe_FbpVB1Qnb5t7Zp9lywLMfU-Y1c4bddn97jBHpuhBv6AMxp3En-lIDeP3HMb8XatXKJUYkmsEx0ylvQVqOXTPTbWkuHBT0TXzrYkfmEqymMXMQqLOwFPHEHcuV8bk86Rp9R8LiFrhMoKbCvxl2kxSLyVm2DztDe3AzcGwbOsYwr3jtDW_BfleC_hNkhIa-FWv0F8vJQSLfe7A1-RBx1ai5hS2W7hKRkpS1NEWYBRtURKywJ9PhnaJkePEknCqs7umjYnRggeScOhSrqKxPzw5_w4f7Q8hLQnoX15S6gZqcV6jnMbfyrG_qmr7WVsBHwZ62nVW2W0li=w1192-h894-no

Despite the darkness, there were quite a few people up on deck braving the wind to see the Strait.

IwmrAyO05TE3-OGug-tS48xJfjIiI_kHzWbP2Kw1Wax7AoWIzMwvsugcXIHRsFXgE4DOooawe2DJEFJzcKOdxpMPRF5Sujm4B3g1mlIjeBoX-bgxxdUcC0hQHKdNoBTqrO5nTX0vxKTQsdAB9l59y3hML0a6PhEWU9X6gfAAgBYSY2EgQsqJFtvhVwgcNDzbwqqPPcrkLZtS0jRCDYfQii3YmiJyLs012R4fuZsmrIZjL8Yk-xB9axxJOqO-xmHp5X111fh0h0WV59O6vt9wpYF7mlqwyZk0TqFdG0XBlN2CiBfqpcj6svVhHUFCUaRws3M764hyWSeXU5jqwMg50HhsEScCEu1kU7DPT0702Umsfc27Ef67Vavw1UhJQlmmzRT7Aswa5Wfg4ll3JG1wv0XfhKgVdoe_sw26g-QzjDT3VpYyEY6pfA1yK6k8bJyWqln-JkP-mo9mNpjpVhX3UGshl6_uLbHCADk8-Ae_VLapmmc5An_F_TPjEKa3r5SI-J-tLj2xW9gk0ZIT2dY99cKd3pEVHpMbNzjd7eKPXCOFPCXE9s2gUgWThgMWEQK1vQo8HwyUnkq6Q7y6Uh1NqZxHtDeuYSpgHiECUpFlz5YH-Zeu=w671-h894-no

We wandered back and forth between Port and Starboard to get a look at both Europe and Africa, before heading down out of the wind for bed.

TkqpeRUF98jb0IU1c3HNrzYZa7KVZKVxNs8cyDdnDx2j9pnwaCIqKmSApwCT22x5rLF6DfACS8g8kcwIO7QDewLPolqc4Wp1Nn4O9dwDqK2YAQT85uFPZRi6DNbnSeILQ615Ywr2BIuhAN_4vWHJ7pqJuSZmc-vik0zj7sFzSdORIG4z7Z70DkCEV_mJ7KM-JFDE2GI6Nm5CDUD9QrjknlJPJ_IMytk6-m5v4MYQv1vgu0FEdBO6rq0rdtoFfroDxWE_4zHLYVKRU8vxfmNV74d_nKt-jjI7Lv8fnR8p-Ttg4-tY9qe7ceUW4tJ0a4apbczZPkFT73nv6M-UB9rgTbUnBESBU1eyhvswB3gtvege_XgAdDsAVrvBmwUoKYQmhX-bMbBrLt_bevcKnAuxBvyYkhgqrym_vQmhMlHFQqToE-xChigfLIZEtKWhMrH65ZCpUs0MMT4yQF-lIVDXkbnxodpmps2BBiLtc6pZ-9Fw6ymOcNoYbB9sqeZsIxxCQw7e0JGp_SueDYU0FvQa-GQpDe3EiIbNNxz1p9fogAkaiZqP2YXdf68cZ1BLw1FDfeshrBDd_YBn4chIrf1kw9jkedVqY0koHnkJESmOD6zYzthg=w1192-h894-no

The next morning we had our Palo Brunch. This was my first time trying the Brunch option, and I really enjoyed it. Our server (Pani) was excellent, giving great suggestions. (We requested her for our dinner later on the cruise.) The only downside to the day was that one member of our party was coming down with a cold, so he was rather struggling throughout the meal trying to enjoy it with a sore throat. He ended up spending the rest of the day in the cabin, trying to sleep it off.

After a relaxing afternoon of reading, we got dressed in our Dapper Night theme outfits, and headed to see the big Junnk show. In hindsight, I probably would have skipped one of the shows, as most of the material overlapped. Personally, I thought the adults show in Fathoms was better. They're a pretty talented group of guys though, and they were the best of the "non-Disney" acts.

s2WtQ8yAa2iflyqhThRNlo3N5bG9AFW4gZOAXaDK-tADWRKEnburBioWImyW4bH6NVer-nZ9wWBdhNMoopAeiRjbZpcVSneXXanZhtEaLrh3dUjqZguz6S5sSVJ4uNFZwPY4CLutForEao7J-ojGYXEF-lfg-ETEbyOy1iJltPjzkx8R2y1eBMzo4rkDDC5Fww3uzzbQaW1WR7iHeumvsFbYuK6Q_6gGktzouBB6RWpueM9j_TklIbWFbFQPueDQ1mCkAxPz9IcXAKA87jhBhPbR9XHoouT2IIEtQng34MogNroo4qSOsKchqf4-8ReRSqxeWjs4UWQqmc9uUHDcaFH5IgkHA0txgpi9sCvOj0SEIEAWY-2cf00mk4QgLIORiJl2SSHMHqJfxegpCjyqhvSKmiAOGJzCLRtk0ilL5kJJJN-kdsKKcw4Rs8TPgdCCDQ4m7KbJwMpACnLiI9E-ZijsqCi0yIQ058M0uBfbUcHNK9YIeqfqV9DwBFdCOkeLvtTu8NinXMhSz-aFgn6UZSLlricUw3zVFZbbVkp2DCUvu3Z8tWk96fH0bo7Jo9cMsZhzJ5F7GeWtoW52YexRVpnqy618Fw1bFf5OJUu554D38XFU=w1280-h721-no

After Junnk, we headed up to try our luck at some more professional pictures in the atrium, before giving up on the Shutters Photogs and just taking a few of our own.

LOGeol-9_lY2hMGb2rkLNI14Kl-2WkQ762e43cOABSCnlSb9ojFetHWHAKw22M0kUOzNXbtOwyYy78lfQ3uItzAGKZizd0kgVHPvs-yLCDOQtkJci9EXvTCnsT9hF2HFIf3WiFtGJV13J6wNBHiivsERgJXMG_3U5guhvsFIvnvs4inzwmqsaheLhTfWv784AGwzgzo0pb4aR_NiBTnWTHbrNRcEwpo7UDOKmOsy29r0x3ANb1HJZLQ7Y_FaO3BdQk599w1TgLNYtIzWgFGyIqYgxp_sIufFi-mt7XvRGBspA7j8LJfSJ0rD_OYvHLmHDRLmeGH4cdtpdL3JUkymt6kYV1DVbT3iwS8zcZKJ4nMHuNYeefEtpgAY3jruLpT1G_jkUUZXVaiZC_dTZuM-5j94DnTuIrhfbDza454UtbDqqoWnjQv-j09g7aAs8OHlkCeyHd4_MijeEUatvPmG02gDu3WB2iG-kYOpO-ysN3V6TpHWCW1pV_vmY3yQxcg6bdnT9W99x2mwsqs_nauYK3FrlOb0KAHYL6G4kKLyjBrGYaiX8QB27tja3svZre1Wouon8pUCpY6a6B7VIju-Fhao6NwmmHxyYxV9uQu1ypysERmw=w671-h894-no

After that we settled into a corner of the Promenade Lounge and played Apples to Apples. This became our nightly routine, and it was lots of fun. Dinner that evening was in Cariocas, and again I didn't take many pictures. The one I did take was a picture of my Macaroni and Cheese dinner. This became a staple for me, as there were often not vegetarian options that suited my tastes. I think I had the Mac & Cheese from the kids menu about 6 times over the duration of the cruise. :rotfl2:

SApx-JqWNVDICbbQGy1mA-DdQGu6Xkp4uWCklXE70AScnr1x__CjIptBxQ_3tkW2U-clwzAJpOVwbbdGTsxMdxA_GQ6SEv9hxQRDw8xBBoPcFkM3M5W0SlDt3iB_FreGqWEA51mMXkDlG8Z_OrvFbNKgJDxs55Wk3lqNGS44An3E669Uu71YA_IpPaFRT7Fc5oqRtCKxxWD19zIs8UGRUbye8XcTLy3yb3NVGUWY8u-DbKd6Xo94uKbZvYHZJ2Xmmhk9gkPyuZ7eiUtP6HqNsmqITF23PvBjVddlUSFWVWQilD4Z0XHz8p3LiZWRr0s024OhKlRSDbmcRnozputbN4RQE1IFp-fFdsI5F7FgT6myhY4DbtgTdKU1Lpi-PHk3bWxc26J98KOROYwxVdG6B7JrDj9EzqejrGHnquYVts9Ar3DOyLRrShNRFpoNCd54LiWxQ3vQe01GaN3bYvQ6qhHoivauOtFUxWKImx2W1aQBPFfoO0epeUPiHOlPuvHW1vnQwc1W-qvbYq1D-DvLbNXUZZq9VVP9APSPUD5MuGnpcAbn3NzU_EFmBlgDmteMt-AzGLWNfXuMT9VitS0EeSfkIM7g6JsbpiQu8KzW3pxiKzDd=w1192-h894-no

After dinner, was one of the entertainment options I was most excited about: Adult Open House in the Oceaneers Club! They did this a few times during the cruise, but this evening was an opportunity to participate in the Avengers Academy! I'm a huge Marvel nerd, so I was super excited about this!

It was a really fun evening. The first 30 minutes or so, they just let us explore and goof around with all the toys.

AMO9gwO89hcrf7Dk5Zm5A2mHhrq3Y8v5zh5RiOzyphbeaYALxZO-tzLnJ4Kw-9F1rNdLsf7B5TWq6dmfQqpwsA7Sf3WDKWcPUshVmiFzCySeQLnOANH4r8hMXBINGXldnoR2dj-Ra7hI9nLCRLewqnqYWYF0PAiVAkyqpHgzhb8HJglNPg16Izse3p2vhEig8-fIWv2QuBC5IMhvd3vbhoq2RD1BPXX2i1YsDtImsHyLkYH-4FYla9rSKa0xvVuS0qrXWvBuSZxgcwlciKMXb3wtpRaDWpdFEdODNReF8BnZI_9B7HAj2bxWoNky8LpUBiySJAlJ0ws3otrl-p9_ikk5gEqBcQ_vXcT3wUCoT4sqXjQ9bZAj71I2X1lF1LQSlGAaG-c_qycw_hxr6fj1upOUQI0b70GK2YemOmLqrUsKrpt1L4zM6xg3KJztJoUCWp6SBdZuwQRHtZVC0Hb9m2bzBjdlkVjVGrZAw-gdq9oeE_ufYv94Bh6_9pPpxCOiEb-Kty2sjxpYOdROohpdr7pRYZmx8ff45PabZnDTWcraaNau70RKOK59TQOidio3JqO-GuYB32U9dCzfnaH_OOzPSh2MIl2LBqdiE5zqkxcjPbk8=w1280-h721-no

tZ20afB_RKJatdiUgG93qmIBZ_Q13sunZevxmw7AaKw2USJowcl2RsCKtdKuyt4-RhmhdVN95VAKnEQ4Q6jWIEFpLPuYLFpQgFe9fxhYXsyiUp71U5wx3SzVhAuV4XrnA0SWFh8uynTx8IEhzVnslG2ye3XFuNaAiuiUvrsV7Iigg7AvGZ5YfERZZ8uetMbQomjG10W7jDeecUGpiyuo0__iLobMDVXKsmEzUseaZTRTm2iTxDLp7v3Q20pUp_b7aKs8Ouo1J0X2GgnYnZWtS-tos7raE8CzQz7yquAr_CoXSHUSXWJHayL0thce5QUkBJFaSHIMKINgNJDYszev3uuzKU52_imYqlBPQqe5xGuweJBT0vkUTvnRqrApS-9YvqyuphXLJIq-qAuVx7BrPjj91n6VYBx-rH5q1R8HSNZIxrmDvkDzmMp-EmapIEEh3-ygyfYZkmDNf9FwyoDqI6RkW6igqD1AgFWABpKi_rI7oTYN9k7XH5XZnO0ZTYXvpqRTvtbQNW_xUPGmH6_a1Uys7qjLThQuMUXa9jdFkKrAZ3XGKaFZVf6X2AXCjg5fJ_OxhSUAcqjClncyHKreV-O9fSMJ-He_6c1JzzHFX7sPsqZ5=w671-h894-no

After "free time", it was time for the Avengers Academy. They gathered the whole group (Probably about 50 adults) into the Avengers area of the club and the Shield Recruiter divided us up into Team Iron Man, Team Thor, and Team Captain America. This involved getting our picture taken (For Avengers ID's of course!), and then stepping through a "scanner" that would light the room up in the color of our team. So fun! She then split us up into groups to learn Defense Skills (which basically ended up being a Force Push kind of interactio)n, Design disguises (Make Masks), and Design Armor (make capes).

The final product:

lqGeef4IoSbXWaD_iDxxvyvza65mGXwvOOejnuSGgUkbW-WliK3_FtCGp9G7LO2VCuM0tAoyjHwvJ_ZB61TKjMVoTl8cy-uAjXUV1BHa5i8ajtqHuPFxku4VcPEJmPKOnLUYjM6lwrlNCjkAj0o4Ny6GjdB21MegTf97pwWCWzKWZa4Eph0o-Zu9JCcOLZaCQcyvhOsf9kbNID3txp3IN20UI0ZNj_LibIHcadWxIkDX3pNvUXFdtVofLFyIJ9yOD0VBTRMxuWGcoRzCGiqaR-tfmQ8I0xd2I4avg_RTFAfKEN8YbRkT1InAzDL4_DP_ivqIysug6N7vGF-GETg7nDGzETXCzxqElrijqMPZybLpnkcvDid--75I4s0FVIV9sw9ER41bb9bIMOiFY74omwknrZ2-QDoVB2YU8KoRL0G5-rrzispDN3w4R4sC5Uyu9AbERMuTmcFzEfmkDvFZ8ztTDDC6azthsQFqL8fCX9h5kToJDzxU_W4k7xiMXJsdfrsYKURTP5hYiEwQSfv_UEeDgQy6a3C-l2_NKoxkGY11XVNZb4-j9ovAUsErRGFFsQFsw__BWWyCCj5a1Uujr8sPfJA7DBLCWxntPaFKxYIFrwbH=w1192-h894-no

Then Captain America made an appearance, and some people queued up to meet him. I'm not sure if they warned him that it would be a group of Adults, because he seemed surprised at first.

The next day they delivered these bad boys to our staterooms:

_DF38HH-4tEwiE1lv097REShmq_AnJPYU6MuT-CuWMdmEQgpRaxr5dda9m2sJ8OCfUCTAIheB6tWNS9OOmMQu-PtzC0nRQyCa6MifuVFw6GxbCOagETnxCJSxow1kTrYNrkGsdRQE14z5jCnz6FRPMX5vrBuRVOyQRNv54Xhy3guQ08f0i5fvhFHvKlyPQDN3xvHGrgN3bdH3wUotS4bXsACiI6QaelQA5LCqaiFZTNAs79J4jXsLEEj60JeeAV2d0c7eLTU_6JH0uquIkv9mUCCkX6ywsaTm0fd3R-nN2JyR5GlZ9ArQtRW1kWLAvdmhbmHEWBbInUYXds2_S_hPB0zxgW0JhQ258awz-h0tnZDwXZtpXOeN7TwMv715zquFOC3TsqQBlKRMZuR98ubQUf95qiUOYriI2VpUr-54ZyNh29uJRaP36VnTR-ssFMRAyyVXcgEFgDf28aS0cnKjv-BbGK4sG_Hwp3vRbar4JTjrBDbMN3ae5oQmri-VIyjWpNRs13UWQ5aygsBBct2T58wWjnCjkv_87or5LzBMSp947XTCk2OMSDtqmqnC63Utp2dG7CvqWsDFKY2Qc_OdL87c3BO43XM5MPZtM5AMRBlsOEm=w594-h595-no

So fun! I was in full Geek Mode all evening! And yes, I still have my Cape and Mask!

We hit the hay, a bit later than normal, and slept in again the next morning.

After breakfast at Cabanas, we checked in on our friend who had been feeling sick. He had actually went ahead and visited the ship's doctor the previous day, hoping to feel better by the time we made it to the Azores. Turns out he had tonsillitis, the poor guy, and spent the next day and a half in the cabin surviving on room service soup. He was a trooper and said that if you must get sick, you might as well do it in a nice cabin with a stateroom host and free room service.

I was abysmal at taking pictures on this day. I know we spent a lot of time lounging around and napping. We did wear "Frozen" themed outfits that evening for the "Freezing the Night Away" party, and special "Frozen" menu which featured lots of Nordic fare.

keoQzT3YgO-EJ0XprcSMuFVDARJaXm45kuzyie80Y7vR1viWHPwC7f6YbKmtD5VDjk09b13db94K723FNyEe82Fj3jIM-9_CXwdgjhD3M8FyqCTWkwp_jhLP6LtjDG0wHPUTe-ZiWcWhVVo7GIKBjbxl9rWl5DkWAbGcb4eYsPTYImP6mk3I4CIaxJ2WuL3d8A0jfSrDV9V1iQqYjmZtRbW9X9ACwQXTycblttRnwlyQ45xqvYMShCX-CEny6mkJNuXVztrhhzqGUbGcufMeWw62MtPo9OiDiqGkDdVP9eGYFn2c0QjbdH7M1lQtbyMTjrKgQyXWT7p5PtthZ8bDeDxgoeRP7trIICarl3DVp8pEXq-hnGt5wy8vJuNEsYaNBbljzjhNg7Ft2c-4addSNIf_K0jmG2MGwOhYrG_g73wff34yK0niZmvoK0D9Tge-4wzqQ-s5Keh2sd0_BZ8r6QU8HZJjC8Jd0-9_c5rGiGrj4fNFZN5_szDMMh9sSQnm7Ua19eLl6Ha_6BJf4-jcQ_50WfIgRnZ0gLqI4NMBHmh_SLqEmFxBE9LIXj1INklVOnGxdtH4662wbIsoBeaCWlktqrHtv-qZObodrj8wdw3FTFSJ=w1192-h894-no

I stuck with my staple Mac & Cheese and side salad. I love the Italian dressing on the cruise, so I had that salad most nights.

uZrXxFsA0aguuwaEn45yYsfa2ERo-lMAj6bzXE0fmeR7jd51loDliVD8v_yK9xvdo2vBvLVGPuv94vRtl3hy5jgOc1MWEwe-3g-OJ3cpDG2nYWAXtQ3bIKKtRqZVwnbbajKmIDt6y0PeeLMqWeRtBn6EQjqBLYct3EcFVVnYAhsiWz4BxxZ83LBajVH7hsmHAVufQBVOOBWvKcfpTVvExPRCXLNXjsle106NFfpz6oxm9A4o2H_e5_a-6Sndg0A05rCspV_ySBsAoY89SnLCRqPP0XE9YJZhm4Y_lUm-JIK5bD4Mf8odmwBWi3r_jwxEKyESx9lutLUemBUrwze7twNmVCp-ybxsZWykJ0rn4k_cRZ4J2oX2QYbwNH-a-77S4MuWZhtxQC-9cEf8oJAQQWC1C_mTLk3x9wki863KjQ9GBntDwNYg49i-VYXoH5lEB5Ms6ie0PjWGvvt3TMMXIH7a5M74r_-Se1SIgVTTj7xXgnEFl2TI1rue7qwnpNVXSFK8KQW5S6bzmoODPxRN4xtGF42n3dIDUVgSSoyosHQyxiaFZ3JkhQy2B1vyGIkGIyLKcWFS2DT69F2-eG6MuINTa7bOeGFcdv2yHgN_7WriI5mf=w671-h894-no

Our servers, wisely, just brought out a large selection of desserts at the end of the meal, rather than having us order. It sped up the meal and let us get to the Deck Party on time.

sSV4k_81Mx1U_Kp8wqK0Sgrlxyb7zZx5EY1qbQCU_iFM9eaUtyfkOV_ZltTLVsz9vsBUcCWIyICc-Boqwo9ljCUf63sMY5d77lNn5k9S2i0mv2X9q5GUcK-hd-y2ILY3Fh-IxTO9W3NsgKszPAuiExTplMJvorVlScevvRJDV9HjodZfoQ5akYY4Q7fZgTsry1EEJfumXnffb6WoD9JWQuQp6op_Wp7m8vtGIkbYUPmeiePFqC2tWZ_EXU3iM7Dmo2aDl9Edf9ftk7hdCKvWq0RKcNP4pK86t_3wdTQqn1EsgdBWWmVS2IlAlalx0p_ospPJ7gmdBsu02feciw939DqUCZH_ldNkaQtsTjLIPdHizKoPQIOJ1M6kGWmvc6kRpAIqVxi3e63CygLLo5rD73euCtViUpy1qJGgr-f_8jBIKNPBtgXz1H96GWTZYu02COHHlzNwS-nBR_0WuaqgSYu2fFgamHwP5Emjo3K-wZuF6IUlsRmJXA8P90Xk9Azkj7MGmngDfIibUu8R13PMLoVXztMaRpdNYohWLWzCYCW0IZnz94HYHQ_57zVFtBbtNUT4rKPeCbuQr9cqNyIttVX_OHmggRxl9zPhuMQ39_70CNnb=w671-h894-no

Hzy3zygeW-pv4WTyb8W1jDt8ZDiBuBnGxGiu0J-ub-udOcgD2TehY45QSjTQRanDZp6y5LD_jIaq6WTBv-aqCWpuiqOETMaXXpJ2UCbYO48ylcjcM2OIHI6bRw1eALNPnvOSyJ-SGJtt7KH60MZClvyknKLnALDc34G-ajUce_movDzCJnh2NSLolwlRYX2lPk-sIl4-IBfyhHwH2jQL5uOTqgb4GRcI8bP4g_ShePL9vC1fHeobOk5JlIPc7g5Zbc2JbR9FjD8eCtfUAMoiJHaI773RnCFx0a75ThgR6nyw2k1USkTGYg7wfoVqVfqK98Gr2RDqqpnFtld23_gL29a671TN1_VJ_O0MV58MOxlJLk8RLK80uw8ZaOlG4kkCPuLr8JN0RscFbMiRVdjOYWP-G1WeBJ1QdjEljWFRkF-qlRFnncA2f-JP8Vb3-TS6Dk1_nVFDMhDQURGzvUStixAut2yhDQyUth2TUrZo-OstoJkGPGFMHXV_kmXovOVk8by9jMNcsE6X9b9EsOgAw4fLvz5wLQEdcsiajKoFz24JTKZtTyktKBiAGXRwiWTmwybmv_ywa1sPXG6T-jSkIN1KBdfG1a5-FYJcxuZ5yoY2V_pV=w1192-h894-no

The deck party was cute, I think it's probably more entertaining for kids. We stuck around for about 20 minutes until Elsa made her appearance, accompanied by snow on deck.

The snow was awesome, as the wind on deck whipped the "flakes" around into a real storm. All in all, I much prefer the Pirate Party.

Up Next: Ponta Delgada, Azores, Portugal!

And now... Ponta Delgada!

After 3 fabulously relaxing days at sea, it was time for our first Port Day! Ponta Delgada in the Azores, Portugal.

Since Ashore time was somewhat early, we opted to do room service for breakfast. It arrived right on time, with the toast still warm (always a plus with room service). We organized our gear, and our friends met us in our cabin. Having a cabin on deck 2 was SO convenient for port days. No fussing with the elevator, just hop down one flight of stairs!

As none of the excursions really seemed to peak our interest, we opted to just explore the ports on our own. Ponta Delgada was very easy to explore from the ship. We docked right at the port, no tendering (always a win). There were a few shops and restaurants right in the port, as well what looked like a public swimming area in the harbor.

After we found our way out of the port area, we snapped a picture with the lovely Magic in the background.

xL1Cr36Fpf3gNTlFQWoLJw9zRkZpKU5GXBrDt2fcLVbHMzxGDfrT5p1d0zwAknRvyyWaFhMPVP8DshSzx3xZ4wT09nmubcTbSWMt3uxAKZz0HLnVzE7xsXd9cDWTh7HlkhjtW6-hwGXMt-CH6m3--eS96h8uCP8BroFyRjlx86hp5Sh7S9MlQV_Wi5b_qWtQz0ei-dBcH6tcLGQ1IPlCTihidF0nthK6ekygwXWWZTVlN6pWi9QuZdEcgIOg0tow3cCgh6OwUbgzQfB2opQVxABwNQ0LIV0vzmWyajdDGPIAdndXcHY9nDeLDYJtHzwRXKnQvXUhZ8YGng8l-gV_Rkj08it5b4T9kY5umzBrry0QDLnG3eOY3phCO28hdwO2IC1RM0bpSUin1-sIC7ITKupbb501PzjXE4JPIBB3X26wXoX2-n5OwZS7r91Cy0f7KdfNKRKg_-y94bXkXX_rLnP6hl9zaaFYXcB0csEhsuz16qj08TbHavaFs4VRbZImB4dgBgyfx4GyTWPKroM3si6_TTRLGWJozb9SDxrn6NUX1FTGHNr3KsdcOGD3Pg7LqLKpAIjrAtUoXt3J50yodfqOGu7S3fucWQnZl9Vh2iANbjTv=w1192-h894-no

Our friend who had come down with tonsillitis decided to just suck it up and come into the port with us for as long as he could.

We heading into the port with no real agenda. I'd done a bit of research prior to arriving, but there wasn't really anything that struck me as a "must see" attraction, so we decided to wing it. Fortunately we stumbled into a few interesting things right away.

All the architecture is beautiful, done mostly in black and white.

2SGL6T_BoXYvFErzWbUQNqeOYUuM_cpDXcvQSM6aFSpNN63QJitvQ4OYsuW1434fevg5n46WVk2mJ6LeOG_qdZa_YCt38325DfhudkEmboT0BE2CSbEWsu_mVpHFizRB1K0d7g-RV5B4qgbfs1zCnH-6CnoX2x-4Ppwct5UctbUtp0nt3JbRkCilQvpFMv9YuKJ-ZE7XUYmKhaLgz41nj0-8KCDfhWYrhJ4KQpQiGFESAM4c4odcBm0U7VdqjPdoKqhaYj6n0nhFAcy4j4GEKxN-rUbVxbf7f8FVy-8WfeU0myF7G-zs6NlQaIvFclweYmKAwDDj-5cuOkxLn7Nc9YdVb4R6i5_mQjClUSb4H-ozCT-6LP7tL7TqM3PhRCs1CVhnXvG1Bg9DIlTQg8ATX8vkmQNHe5Rl6LWHbqdsV7N_gXnSBzDei0xR6_sjjKfhkXKadxWuUKq0k5TrlgDg0xN-U7JE2snW62KRm6cMRpa9nKYkdaFkSkGg3iHSOAmQ5z5kGAZ62Bqmef6a1rsY1PKiPMCG3dDqEq_WcB9XfmLQhdwbcOixVyEXx0wWHl1RNnd3-AO_hrgLp_ToLRuk-VcPe9j2bVqKVVJIibgVm7ro7dp5=w671-h894-no

We found this adorable Mini-Library built inside an old phone booth:

TmBabrLvhqvvPsObRy6kJHfkt5q4H7EOtZ9Bmb3WWd2FQBUBHmnusoKAHNVXjrG0QxS-ZhFjQD3sNu4thsiTReRcTikU_nfOaj6K2p-vPfGXHRiUzHk409t0jdAGG3kEdynTTiPXHltyar9KQMBMAeVDhLLYtY-D-1BPIzuQ35iDci56frPajwrs6dY5JftdgmnajCtrSzvHatRl-I9adGwk0MRy4HFM7DxjcE1AApdLtwmQMpvXV2Mu19Cv2idljG-ZU3SbXskG5rTtYDY6Vuq35PhIocMwE_VAsTyJm6rroRFiQq9RBMqiI67LD2YC-rpazDmUvkoapDdkqUuFa6HVoGkYPOQrC6ZpqXIsjz79N9zglPaI6uYN_yYFQu22UfW-J0BJPNNsVJI7mxDJV1W_wNC72cm0s5V4jAbMYG3ZjkCrB0tefnDOSdSOem5hOqpFIk3neXt9M3qL-Ru15VgzAm-2ufY983oNv816nZnLYQ_cp6YiJCloDC_zTwquC8F3_43w5I279HwuLj15McDvAgUOQywehyGPO2hbqAi5z8dXd7YbwIDNkZ-NF3Z4uTypvDMsGqRmY5wW_esQfuCJdelZd0FP4qwW9OUAhTgmmwue=w671-h894-no

Right near the port is the main church from the original town, we weren't allowed to take pictures inside, but the outside was just as beautiful as the interior:

VKoA-PpdZsq4n8T_ZZRFxDnGJaLv4UJE4zevaOx2wBM49ItrIN6ubY_If8e4qMdJiiwQPaKfFVdP94GDGzyOWmqe6WF_lIsE5n2qvrjrNakFkbogJvjVZ6AE7YtJIfY4tzzo_ILxY4DFkBNyQsZxQeGNp6Q7snLvTuZY8Z8ikv4Jm7kWJplMGElrePuW6qAj9llCfJolH1griFWiEji6H03k84HW30ysF94PZkAvpwUIfwrS_rA0azjRRZ1txuiZnZmOWP_cqfJr4NSZ1eowG67NsrIYeLslU0TOegWGSdmLjW5_TRrpxkAoLcY3jU9lcoBVTNzzTSX546dTCkkcrcCRqmSrC1MATHrNM8ySFLPLkDH2kRIZmfsSmhXWxNIDcB5pkKUlENFKnY9SGjbdoAtEaoBnTcdK0nx2sap_RuJi1toHklKLHejgiVZCwnmJ08LIpmWTuUSe7eFfj30n-faWjNLFwM-ZSQi97P9Mu27AOMJHElZu_wpgwFawC6g1ESFqnbomU9rdb7CEqFYyY74PesPhHra49seJNseVrEHrbDNNOLhl-Pmp5LZqfNuX-xx2VZ2bFhUur3_-4ESJfSzhBgn4dIu4qzDwlFFUAndAbT7l=w1192-h894-no

There were lots of shops near the church, so we did a bit of touristy shopping. There seemed to be lots of stores featuring lace and cork products. I collect tea towels, and I found a cute one right away. DH had been on the hunt for a new wallet. He had purchased his current one in the Virgin Islands on a previous cruise, and wanted to keep the tradition going. He wanted something unique (his old one was made out of a cement bag), and was excited to find a large selection of cork wallets.

cork_items.jpg

After we got our shopping out of our system (and used up our last remaining Euros), we continued exploring the city, heading in the general direction of the Fort. I loved all the stonework on the sidewalks and streets.

vWz855yKDZGXYZmqQ5mCFhseidZj4652nIlxgQRo4438FPTPDgUdjmWW8c5XqGZFE1GGI_J9lJ0hSMC_UGO76WEZDRmrtMFtKU7ZoUvrfh0yQHVkC_z5dL8Mo4XpyVFr7VuZlXTozLAGLBtNk8dC1ovcJddjqDA79HkBgBidlN78jIs1P-kCl0j0eMpmhIOCxqsTj9iRWxWFP0XXEuqO0qeEqpZD4H51VJLhiJdOKxkbZd2CN8FvcVQzd2Ib_7utHfRFPCgvRuqf1-zGIeNrZGVQmpdsTTXXvTA94V73hQzQevfnw-WWnTc1XUYpm8NgK1Z8HsUS7--S0Y9EfdIZpLbxBb6fp-tGT-wF0GvtevDO_DfQCVs6npHI7rSetLrUihuV_ATs1TeyWteDEq9cg_GgY87OsrHwDzaHB_wNTKOXmSPGJ_mkupeXRyK21eARxjhTZ1IKV0a-cBSTAdivt3X9RCg3Cr2kv4MjgavmTfgt8ksYYG9Udvjtustungz_dAYEfWke2PPmoI-bosm8UIX_KUuE9kdCUW1i3CicQz9BqXbXmqgO6ZnYiC9X99c_QP7nvtgnaqHdbgRO-a1myXwqsFCGF8LMpmWmhjxEX38CJYml=w1280-h409-no

Once we made it over to the fort, we opted to skip going inside. It was a couple Euros each and no one really felt like it was a "must see".

LR3M8b5M8rg0L8__7tvfMUeXQqXTe1DLX6O951deeeNPMWGawrjrbvgBemXRB8Xdo_1I8VBwl2l3CQBx0k2xAcN8YPbrWArVuXQEqFVaCISsu9p_btlXngOuba7mNlN6w-u9Uywq00ZafsvGsj2gEQMsqCouj7yGkzNq8uxrJX3q4Dwgqj8xEY538RPOhVgzOykACa4KRHoq1S_hrOGBS0WhQCT5FrXUSUynvtcJj1q-nOiX9b1YVsiVKrfZ8EUiYDcHth9C-7SRT5peYF0x9E1iSRIhjctLca9Vvv8ccG8ProJSreuvQT5cUm-pEpEkG1BUBOsG5_UxaMQTsh-rvBPUGi58LmmqoT6mCTiyVsm3YJ_81tzJZ8T3M5iV89YRI8VlG0Y1TEkRnYYY5oTB6-0iMnxEwt2ZUHXcedCRoZdaP7hweXyRMUAS7VNkcWyyG2oL64Xlq6OMV4TYXnX-moNcuX7Upg1Vs8Of5AqrC4h5CA0U0A9mlOxxw1tCWq4ONYPJe2cIKGpZPog6lfqYA19_XQnb8I_scAwJIzvIjHhrQV5cSm8gPTuI1qrhswutW865pmwZYqC6axx0SJmM2zmhNyKJ3eNF-psh6LJMBjC6psCA=w1280-h376-no

After we finished looking around the exterior of the fort, about half of the group opted to head back to the ship, while the rest of us tried to explore and find lunch.

We wandered the city for a few more hours, but really never found anything that we felt like eating. We were trying to find some local cuisine, but I think we never got far enough away from the port, because everything was tourist grub.

What we did see that disturbed us a bit, was a school that was let out for lunch (Looked like middle-high school age) and ALL of the kids were sitting around smoking. I mean, of 200 kids in a big courtyard ages 12 - 18, there were a handful that didn't have cigarettes in their hands. :(

So after failing in our attempt to find a unique spot to eat, we decided to head back to the ship. If we were going to eat American food, we figured we might as well get it for free!

As we got our lunch, the weather started to turn a bit, so DH and I met up with our other friends to relax up on the empty deck. For the rest of the afternoon we watched the boats come and go from the harbor, and watched the rain come and go. It was nice to just chill on deck and enjoy the working cell service for our hotspot. We had gotten loungers right by the glass in the quiet cove, so as the rain came in a bit harder we were nice and dry.

Our theme that night was "Marvel Heroes", and I didn't take any pictures of my outfit, so I'll share from the website. I wore my Avengers Assemble skirt from Her Universe. For those not familiar with Her Universe, it's a great Ladies "Geek couture" site started by Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka Tano from the Star Wars animated universe). She usually debuts a few new designs at San Diego Comic Con, and this was one I picked up there a few years back:
skirt.png

For dinner that evening we were back to Animator's Palate! I never get tired of that restaurant. We were still one dining mate short, as our sick friend still didn't feel up to eating. (Actually, he didn't feel up to only eating soup while the rest of ate delicious DCL food.)

I actually remembered to take pictures of most of my meal! I had my usual kids salad for appetizer, but for dinner I had a super yummy Soba Noodle dish. Yum! I love soba!

eob9GN5AZVBtshdL_6xFvCNuYEAEdf6jGw1MExbGD1PDlx_CZ_EiGT9n0XeZs19k3cJu3012KAOZIGIpn1qYY_wf4gzKBzazoNOxG4CzsNCe4I8UpAVrrXRQ9fSVU3neXYdncjGsmrxj-25soMG_ctQNyGGmutE_e7gskIYGNlfNfzMMdoD8xObW1jM73RfOKTZpa7MLcs6KGtrrYN6fE5a7ulJInUrtwXijPyyOeCIkEFEaVBiPW0m03T5NLxGQvLacVACa-IgOFURomiaBtP4Z4XkPN4W9f4AgHWVVXi6HoASu7QDZHvLw0uFWbXoJkdI3zjnddoBPn_pDEAU57IxYvt18V3avEeZ9llh_lBp_5iSLdMVlQ4XKEjkmgLrv9Ahubce68UYp_xW6TQnv3J_bLWGs5j9a1dRwMfWMYuCrsy-c0ccZj5HSGmtIZCqSTxkGFNwXxmz2_oJJWHDs66Er27XqQpFxKrgEPdeT-13QST5Y8Q81efe66kvrYE24Nq6fCrSjl0Ey0F6seiaJSUoa3Yd9W3vm-eTditS4ZeCImfqg4Vr1sDUwu-pq21j_3SbEGls9w49KLlLQRppia1ydp4lcSwDKwusQTt1_8EApj8qO=s894-no

For dessert I couldn't decide between my favorite Strawberry Shortcake and Peanut Butter Pie, so I got both. :rolleyes1

TujbMxU-wo_rVCmAVjClS5ycqwnlPpUkh6PHjCsj2BiF0-RANTHPHt6PJkQqYTVThEuj3zXyS-zJUjCNzc8mMWF4E522672-JG6rkRR5XYb-R27D3hjbRXRGntnYfOn-hLc9cd-qbmmNrCXybQy-AkI8dByejTJUIq0A_R2SIgDfX1v4AaXcyxPoE_U5ith6O8fLXQ6sGlx1tqeCx8s-lgC82Zwcpvw1qoHUY--VeEYn-TgORun270CnOmwzUtN7rRgULi0OUjBIUVcGnt7wtn4Skx4FiTHPWf9QbmDtYqUTKD4a1kppUnrAoLARZ-GrPUH6oMyn_tOtJjg7Q9IWe3SdAhztVsFPYuoNZ4CRbWp5D6ixVWMZT8rQiawZuaI4kOxUh7oxVgzZU2dKQWR3DE4yGz2aQR9Lx-ktzLUrhcurRbu-N65zBNUguFAuKhr_g8oXVmJpPU0hIVSv5nMmOIauBE32sRhXXbNcXyEDK0qGesw83cBFG5r7jf66m3TneDza3XhxfXW1vI6K6LkVLlE91dJTkLdVR6tQvRYzmwA6drj5u5-QXGjYOGMYBFjvQwF9N8pNVGlg0U9Dxj4mX_Pu9Rkc-rQMuXwJLDXoYMwbU8Sw=s894-no

The strawberry shortcake (my all time favorite dessert) was actually on the kids menu, and was similar to the recipe they used at Food and Wine, 5 or 6 years ago. So delicious!

BWZnnoLOljPZHC991_vf8H83ZYdKY34s4DZOrr7xaPzyXvxmLwb2gg0hjxdvPy4rfzazXavcTtOpvdn9lH6nlAsp0isWrFSBOifJ2Uv9qCNQJ6v8mZHpX7oroJK5Gr2FPkV4bxvj7uhXDMHu2Q6u4i1tazEueWKQ5dfaTcswSw7GnceYiK7jBcqbihxOCaPiY-eWxB_i3WUth4VL2Z9W0r_06DOfh9SxGxnQUFToD6smct8KuhoSivqlPFmB5N0666HSXCr06Y00VPDfZ5jw5K4iDjWl2B-ixUluF7NW9rDXQ8mGTwbOgbkI0sZVn1Aa8rU28-rHVglpxe3uLYDAabMEaRupJyMjzN6ZatJc7yAPV6Adx74xL09jp2scaOF1MrlxMLfabd8prBKRSs_8YqY-zC2_CxqlissH7ooahrAWutXSgIkOfHte6A-VQmzNwvlnXBSmKeknRW_kOKTuTIGIKtin1PGupMGRjYsPMhvUNSjtNn3qmSPxMKUAlzncG1_Grh8tA7lBj6-cHTmhw8MNkxhFQ3Jzm7CoqKTY0ojnyU91GJTB1tLc0P1PZpZ_-bdT_McTBv8Pj-3Ou6wcs3bCiFRDYVCMIP1NxGnUAP3AWfjs=s894-no

All in all, we were quite pleased with our first Port Day, even if we did hurry back to spend more time on the ship.

Next up: 3 more days at sea!

The rock is a neat outcropping to see during the day, I've been to the region twice. It is a sheer vertical face on one side, and habitable on the other. Looking across to Africa is equally interesting as you can often see the 'sands of Africa' blowing across. Tons of ships waiting to get into the port as well.

I agree, the stone work is amazing in the Azores! I also can't believe the number of youth smoking there. I know that Europe has always been more lenient on smoking in public but has really been stepping up their control of it. I wonder if it is the island culture!

And now... Ponta Delgada!

After 3 fabulously relaxing days at sea, it was time for our first Port Day! Ponta Delgada in the Azores, Portugal.

Since Ashore time was somewhat early, we opted to do room service for breakfast. It arrived right on time, with the toast still warm (always a plus with room service). We organized our gear, and our friends met us in our cabin. Having a cabin on deck 2 was SO convenient for port days. No fussing with the elevator, just hop down one flight of stairs!

As none of the excursions really seemed to peak our interest, we opted to just explore the ports on our own. Ponta Delgada was very easy to explore from the ship. We docked right at the port, no tendering (always a win). There were a few shops and restaurants right in the port, as well what looked like a public swimming area in the harbor.

After we found our way out of the port area, we snapped a picture with the lovely Magic in the background.

xL1Cr36Fpf3gNTlFQWoLJw9zRkZpKU5GXBrDt2fcLVbHMzxGDfrT5p1d0zwAknRvyyWaFhMPVP8DshSzx3xZ4wT09nmubcTbSWMt3uxAKZz0HLnVzE7xsXd9cDWTh7HlkhjtW6-hwGXMt-CH6m3--eS96h8uCP8BroFyRjlx86hp5Sh7S9MlQV_Wi5b_qWtQz0ei-dBcH6tcLGQ1IPlCTihidF0nthK6ekygwXWWZTVlN6pWi9QuZdEcgIOg0tow3cCgh6OwUbgzQfB2opQVxABwNQ0LIV0vzmWyajdDGPIAdndXcHY9nDeLDYJtHzwRXKnQvXUhZ8YGng8l-gV_Rkj08it5b4T9kY5umzBrry0QDLnG3eOY3phCO28hdwO2IC1RM0bpSUin1-sIC7ITKupbb501PzjXE4JPIBB3X26wXoX2-n5OwZS7r91Cy0f7KdfNKRKg_-y94bXkXX_rLnP6hl9zaaFYXcB0csEhsuz16qj08TbHavaFs4VRbZImB4dgBgyfx4GyTWPKroM3si6_TTRLGWJozb9SDxrn6NUX1FTGHNr3KsdcOGD3Pg7LqLKpAIjrAtUoXt3J50yodfqOGu7S3fucWQnZl9Vh2iANbjTv=w1192-h894-no

Our friend who had come down with tonsillitis decided to just suck it up and come into the port with us for as long as he could.

We heading into the port with no real agenda. I'd done a bit of research prior to arriving, but there wasn't really anything that struck me as a "must see" attraction, so we decided to wing it. Fortunately we stumbled into a few interesting things right away.

All the architecture is beautiful, done mostly in black and white.

2SGL6T_BoXYvFErzWbUQNqeOYUuM_cpDXcvQSM6aFSpNN63QJitvQ4OYsuW1434fevg5n46WVk2mJ6LeOG_qdZa_YCt38325DfhudkEmboT0BE2CSbEWsu_mVpHFizRB1K0d7g-RV5B4qgbfs1zCnH-6CnoX2x-4Ppwct5UctbUtp0nt3JbRkCilQvpFMv9YuKJ-ZE7XUYmKhaLgz41nj0-8KCDfhWYrhJ4KQpQiGFESAM4c4odcBm0U7VdqjPdoKqhaYj6n0nhFAcy4j4GEKxN-rUbVxbf7f8FVy-8WfeU0myF7G-zs6NlQaIvFclweYmKAwDDj-5cuOkxLn7Nc9YdVb4R6i5_mQjClUSb4H-ozCT-6LP7tL7TqM3PhRCs1CVhnXvG1Bg9DIlTQg8ATX8vkmQNHe5Rl6LWHbqdsV7N_gXnSBzDei0xR6_sjjKfhkXKadxWuUKq0k5TrlgDg0xN-U7JE2snW62KRm6cMRpa9nKYkdaFkSkGg3iHSOAmQ5z5kGAZ62Bqmef6a1rsY1PKiPMCG3dDqEq_WcB9XfmLQhdwbcOixVyEXx0wWHl1RNnd3-AO_hrgLp_ToLRuk-VcPe9j2bVqKVVJIibgVm7ro7dp5=w671-h894-no

We found this adorable Mini-Library built inside an old phone booth:

TmBabrLvhqvvPsObRy6kJHfkt5q4H7EOtZ9Bmb3WWd2FQBUBHmnusoKAHNVXjrG0QxS-ZhFjQD3sNu4thsiTReRcTikU_nfOaj6K2p-vPfGXHRiUzHk409t0jdAGG3kEdynTTiPXHltyar9KQMBMAeVDhLLYtY-D-1BPIzuQ35iDci56frPajwrs6dY5JftdgmnajCtrSzvHatRl-I9adGwk0MRy4HFM7DxjcE1AApdLtwmQMpvXV2Mu19Cv2idljG-ZU3SbXskG5rTtYDY6Vuq35PhIocMwE_VAsTyJm6rroRFiQq9RBMqiI67LD2YC-rpazDmUvkoapDdkqUuFa6HVoGkYPOQrC6ZpqXIsjz79N9zglPaI6uYN_yYFQu22UfW-J0BJPNNsVJI7mxDJV1W_wNC72cm0s5V4jAbMYG3ZjkCrB0tefnDOSdSOem5hOqpFIk3neXt9M3qL-Ru15VgzAm-2ufY983oNv816nZnLYQ_cp6YiJCloDC_zTwquC8F3_43w5I279HwuLj15McDvAgUOQywehyGPO2hbqAi5z8dXd7YbwIDNkZ-NF3Z4uTypvDMsGqRmY5wW_esQfuCJdelZd0FP4qwW9OUAhTgmmwue=w671-h894-no

Right near the port is the main church from the original town, we weren't allowed to take pictures inside, but the outside was just as beautiful as the interior:

VKoA-PpdZsq4n8T_ZZRFxDnGJaLv4UJE4zevaOx2wBM49ItrIN6ubY_If8e4qMdJiiwQPaKfFVdP94GDGzyOWmqe6WF_lIsE5n2qvrjrNakFkbogJvjVZ6AE7YtJIfY4tzzo_ILxY4DFkBNyQsZxQeGNp6Q7snLvTuZY8Z8ikv4Jm7kWJplMGElrePuW6qAj9llCfJolH1griFWiEji6H03k84HW30ysF94PZkAvpwUIfwrS_rA0azjRRZ1txuiZnZmOWP_cqfJr4NSZ1eowG67NsrIYeLslU0TOegWGSdmLjW5_TRrpxkAoLcY3jU9lcoBVTNzzTSX546dTCkkcrcCRqmSrC1MATHrNM8ySFLPLkDH2kRIZmfsSmhXWxNIDcB5pkKUlENFKnY9SGjbdoAtEaoBnTcdK0nx2sap_RuJi1toHklKLHejgiVZCwnmJ08LIpmWTuUSe7eFfj30n-faWjNLFwM-ZSQi97P9Mu27AOMJHElZu_wpgwFawC6g1ESFqnbomU9rdb7CEqFYyY74PesPhHra49seJNseVrEHrbDNNOLhl-Pmp5LZqfNuX-xx2VZ2bFhUur3_-4ESJfSzhBgn4dIu4qzDwlFFUAndAbT7l=w1192-h894-no

There were lots of shops near the church, so we did a bit of touristy shopping. There seemed to be lots of stores featuring lace and cork products. I collect tea towels, and I found a cute one right away. DH had been on the hunt for a new wallet. He had purchased his current one in the Virgin Islands on a previous cruise, and wanted to keep the tradition going. He wanted something unique (his old one was made out of a cement bag), and was excited to find a large selection of cork wallets.

cork_items.jpg

After we got our shopping out of our system (and used up our last remaining Euros), we continued exploring the city, heading in the general direction of the Fort. I loved all the stonework on the sidewalks and streets.

vWz855yKDZGXYZmqQ5mCFhseidZj4652nIlxgQRo4438FPTPDgUdjmWW8c5XqGZFE1GGI_J9lJ0hSMC_UGO76WEZDRmrtMFtKU7ZoUvrfh0yQHVkC_z5dL8Mo4XpyVFr7VuZlXTozLAGLBtNk8dC1ovcJddjqDA79HkBgBidlN78jIs1P-kCl0j0eMpmhIOCxqsTj9iRWxWFP0XXEuqO0qeEqpZD4H51VJLhiJdOKxkbZd2CN8FvcVQzd2Ib_7utHfRFPCgvRuqf1-zGIeNrZGVQmpdsTTXXvTA94V73hQzQevfnw-WWnTc1XUYpm8NgK1Z8HsUS7--S0Y9EfdIZpLbxBb6fp-tGT-wF0GvtevDO_DfQCVs6npHI7rSetLrUihuV_ATs1TeyWteDEq9cg_GgY87OsrHwDzaHB_wNTKOXmSPGJ_mkupeXRyK21eARxjhTZ1IKV0a-cBSTAdivt3X9RCg3Cr2kv4MjgavmTfgt8ksYYG9Udvjtustungz_dAYEfWke2PPmoI-bosm8UIX_KUuE9kdCUW1i3CicQz9BqXbXmqgO6ZnYiC9X99c_QP7nvtgnaqHdbgRO-a1myXwqsFCGF8LMpmWmhjxEX38CJYml=w1280-h409-no

Once we made it over to the fort, we opted to skip going inside. It was a couple Euros each and no one really felt like it was a "must see".

LR3M8b5M8rg0L8__7tvfMUeXQqXTe1DLX6O951deeeNPMWGawrjrbvgBemXRB8Xdo_1I8VBwl2l3CQBx0k2xAcN8YPbrWArVuXQEqFVaCISsu9p_btlXngOuba7mNlN6w-u9Uywq00ZafsvGsj2gEQMsqCouj7yGkzNq8uxrJX3q4Dwgqj8xEY538RPOhVgzOykACa4KRHoq1S_hrOGBS0WhQCT5FrXUSUynvtcJj1q-nOiX9b1YVsiVKrfZ8EUiYDcHth9C-7SRT5peYF0x9E1iSRIhjctLca9Vvv8ccG8ProJSreuvQT5cUm-pEpEkG1BUBOsG5_UxaMQTsh-rvBPUGi58LmmqoT6mCTiyVsm3YJ_81tzJZ8T3M5iV89YRI8VlG0Y1TEkRnYYY5oTB6-0iMnxEwt2ZUHXcedCRoZdaP7hweXyRMUAS7VNkcWyyG2oL64Xlq6OMV4TYXnX-moNcuX7Upg1Vs8Of5AqrC4h5CA0U0A9mlOxxw1tCWq4ONYPJe2cIKGpZPog6lfqYA19_XQnb8I_scAwJIzvIjHhrQV5cSm8gPTuI1qrhswutW865pmwZYqC6axx0SJmM2zmhNyKJ3eNF-psh6LJMBjC6psCA=w1280-h376-no

After we finished looking around the exterior of the fort, about half of the group opted to head back to the ship, while the rest of us tried to explore and find lunch.

We wandered the city for a few more hours, but really never found anything that we felt like eating. We were trying to find some local cuisine, but I think we never got far enough away from the port, because everything was tourist grub.

What we did see that disturbed us a bit, was a school that was let out for lunch (Looked like middle-high school age) and ALL of the kids were sitting around smoking. I mean, of 200 kids in a big courtyard ages 12 - 18, there were a handful that didn't have cigarettes in their hands. :(

So after failing in our attempt to find a unique spot to eat, we decided to head back to the ship. If we were going to eat American food, we figured we might as well get it for free!

As we got our lunch, the weather started to turn a bit, so DH and I met up with our other friends to relax up on the empty deck. For the rest of the afternoon we watched the boats come and go from the harbor, and watched the rain come and go. It was nice to just chill on deck and enjoy the working cell service for our hotspot. We had gotten loungers right by the glass in the quiet cove, so as the rain came in a bit harder we were nice and dry.

Our theme that night was "Marvel Heroes", and I didn't take any pictures of my outfit, so I'll share from the website. I wore my Avengers Assemble skirt from Her Universe. For those not familiar with Her Universe, it's a great Ladies "Geek couture" site started by Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka Tano from the Star Wars animated universe). She usually debuts a few new designs at San Diego Comic Con, and this was one I picked up there a few years back:
skirt.png

For dinner that evening we were back to Animator's Palate! I never get tired of that restaurant. We were still one dining mate short, as our sick friend still didn't feel up to eating. (Actually, he didn't feel up to only eating soup while the rest of ate delicious DCL food.)

I actually remembered to take pictures of most of my meal! I had my usual kids salad for appetizer, but for dinner I had a super yummy Soba Noodle dish. Yum! I love soba!

eob9GN5AZVBtshdL_6xFvCNuYEAEdf6jGw1MExbGD1PDlx_CZ_EiGT9n0XeZs19k3cJu3012KAOZIGIpn1qYY_wf4gzKBzazoNOxG4CzsNCe4I8UpAVrrXRQ9fSVU3neXYdncjGsmrxj-25soMG_ctQNyGGmutE_e7gskIYGNlfNfzMMdoD8xObW1jM73RfOKTZpa7MLcs6KGtrrYN6fE5a7ulJInUrtwXijPyyOeCIkEFEaVBiPW0m03T5NLxGQvLacVACa-IgOFURomiaBtP4Z4XkPN4W9f4AgHWVVXi6HoASu7QDZHvLw0uFWbXoJkdI3zjnddoBPn_pDEAU57IxYvt18V3avEeZ9llh_lBp_5iSLdMVlQ4XKEjkmgLrv9Ahubce68UYp_xW6TQnv3J_bLWGs5j9a1dRwMfWMYuCrsy-c0ccZj5HSGmtIZCqSTxkGFNwXxmz2_oJJWHDs66Er27XqQpFxKrgEPdeT-13QST5Y8Q81efe66kvrYE24Nq6fCrSjl0Ey0F6seiaJSUoa3Yd9W3vm-eTditS4ZeCImfqg4Vr1sDUwu-pq21j_3SbEGls9w49KLlLQRppia1ydp4lcSwDKwusQTt1_8EApj8qO=s894-no

For dessert I couldn't decide between my favorite Strawberry Shortcake and Peanut Butter Pie, so I got both. :rolleyes1

TujbMxU-wo_rVCmAVjClS5ycqwnlPpUkh6PHjCsj2BiF0-RANTHPHt6PJkQqYTVThEuj3zXyS-zJUjCNzc8mMWF4E522672-JG6rkRR5XYb-R27D3hjbRXRGntnYfOn-hLc9cd-qbmmNrCXybQy-AkI8dByejTJUIq0A_R2SIgDfX1v4AaXcyxPoE_U5ith6O8fLXQ6sGlx1tqeCx8s-lgC82Zwcpvw1qoHUY--VeEYn-TgORun270CnOmwzUtN7rRgULi0OUjBIUVcGnt7wtn4Skx4FiTHPWf9QbmDtYqUTKD4a1kppUnrAoLARZ-GrPUH6oMyn_tOtJjg7Q9IWe3SdAhztVsFPYuoNZ4CRbWp5D6ixVWMZT8rQiawZuaI4kOxUh7oxVgzZU2dKQWR3DE4yGz2aQR9Lx-ktzLUrhcurRbu-N65zBNUguFAuKhr_g8oXVmJpPU0hIVSv5nMmOIauBE32sRhXXbNcXyEDK0qGesw83cBFG5r7jf66m3TneDza3XhxfXW1vI6K6LkVLlE91dJTkLdVR6tQvRYzmwA6drj5u5-QXGjYOGMYBFjvQwF9N8pNVGlg0U9Dxj4mX_Pu9Rkc-rQMuXwJLDXoYMwbU8Sw=s894-no

The strawberry shortcake (my all time favorite dessert) was actually on the kids menu, and was similar to the recipe they used at Food and Wine, 5 or 6 years ago. So delicious!

BWZnnoLOljPZHC991_vf8H83ZYdKY34s4DZOrr7xaPzyXvxmLwb2gg0hjxdvPy4rfzazXavcTtOpvdn9lH6nlAsp0isWrFSBOifJ2Uv9qCNQJ6v8mZHpX7oroJK5Gr2FPkV4bxvj7uhXDMHu2Q6u4i1tazEueWKQ5dfaTcswSw7GnceYiK7jBcqbihxOCaPiY-eWxB_i3WUth4VL2Z9W0r_06DOfh9SxGxnQUFToD6smct8KuhoSivqlPFmB5N0666HSXCr06Y00VPDfZ5jw5K4iDjWl2B-ixUluF7NW9rDXQ8mGTwbOgbkI0sZVn1Aa8rU28-rHVglpxe3uLYDAabMEaRupJyMjzN6ZatJc7yAPV6Adx74xL09jp2scaOF1MrlxMLfabd8prBKRSs_8YqY-zC2_CxqlissH7ooahrAWutXSgIkOfHte6A-VQmzNwvlnXBSmKeknRW_kOKTuTIGIKtin1PGupMGRjYsPMhvUNSjtNn3qmSPxMKUAlzncG1_Grh8tA7lBj6-cHTmhw8MNkxhFQ3Jzm7CoqKTY0ojnyU91GJTB1tLc0P1PZpZ_-bdT_McTBv8Pj-3Ou6wcs3bCiFRDYVCMIP1NxGnUAP3AWfjs=s894-no

All in all, we were quite pleased with our first Port Day, even if we did hurry back to spend more time on the ship.

Next up: 3 more days at sea!
That Marvel skirt is awesome!

bump? please write more, I just found this and it's so fun!

HI There. Really enjoying your trip report so far. I would love to visit Barcelona. The Dali Museum looks amazing. Of course the outside would be decorated with eggs and toast! Looking forward to hear about the cruise. -Amanda

We did a B2B on the Magic with the 7-day Med before the same Trans you were on. Got to Barcelona three days early, Sept. 7, and saw more Gaudi stuff than you did and the Picasso Museum. Saw the Dali Museum in St. Petes., Fla. We saved La Rambla for our between day. Got pickpocketed at the gift shop across from the entrance to Park Guell...nothing serious...they are experts. On the Trans we (70s no kids) did the behind the scenes tour of the theater, played the photo card adventure from the Excursions Desk, and did Sloppy Science in Oceaneer's Lab. Lots to do during "at sea" days...or nothing, loved the choices. We did a Disney excursion on Punta Delgada. It was OK, with nothing too impressive. The tour guide talked up the place as being a great tourist destination. Only trouble, it takes three days from anywhere by ship to get there...not exactly Orlando. Your trip report is great and helps us relive a super adventure. Keep cranking them out.

Newbie jumping on board, really enjoying your report so far! Can't wait to read more!!

I am loving your report. Just wanted to pop in and say hi :wave:.

I love sea days so I would probably love a transatlantic cruise. What a bummer that your friend got sick. I hope he got better soon and was able to enjoy the cruise and eat all the delicious food.

Looking forward to the next update.

Ok, first off... I'm the WORST! I'm sorry for not updating this, but the holidays hit, and my company is going through a merger, and the last 2 months have been non-stop chaos! So that's my excuse, and without further ado:

3 More Days at Sea!

By this point, we were already starting to fear the dreaded disembarkation day... and we still had a week left of the cruise!

To say that I am completely spoiled is an understatement, and I don't think I can suffer a short cruise again. A colleague of mine was inquiring about booking her cruise and asked if 4 days was long enough and I laughed and then had to remind myself that for sane people, 4 days is plenty.:rotfl2:

Again, I was terrible when it comes to taking pictures on sea days. I could make an excuse, but I'll be real with you guys: I'm just lazy. I spent most of the time on sea days sleeping and reading, not exactly photogenic activities.

Sea Day #4 started with less than awesome weather. We were definitely seeing the more "North Atlantic" type weather, with chilly wind and drizzly rain. It was the perfect opportunity to use the Buena Vista Theater! On previous cruises, it had always seemed like a waste to sit in a movie I could watch at home. But this time, not only did we have ample free time on the ship, but they were playing one of my all-time favorite movies: TOP GUN! I had never seen this particular cinematic masterpiece on a big screen, so I was especially looking forward to seeing it in the theater. I grew up in the aviation world: my dad is a pilot, I'm training to be a pilot, and I spent more time riding my bike on the tarmac than on the sidewalk as a kid. It's a long-standing family rule that any time a new TV is purchased, nothing can be watched on it until Top Gun has been viewed. So I'm well and truly obsessed with any aviation related movie.

The theater, which I've always noticed to be rather empty the few times I'd popped my head in in the passed, was packed out for this movie. Whether it was the weather or the iconic title, remains to be seen.

S-06S4JH5Nw71fUs6EOCDxMGLr9IJmmSq8rTOhBcj7JjERMuFHzjJR7Q_Pfap5ZT5oZETiS4O40QJOBb30vuXo0ShxjBMoadwN-ovOdBc2KgXrK9TyWcOk0iJX9BCLcHvJRZ3yBqYh5HSF39E9XTPbCZTqTFxAtXkohwe8xk3q_ITmAQ1KRUQCKDoOhin0O93wBmaZ5_ek_Y0SuMgtbAShUq12ZnF5_BKbPAQjWXd1GjjHSxuyS-6qH6a1YACqcEp3a9-RfygSowvoDx3Y50qFNTCZF_wNuBEEYy2DDjZkV-mcQvzkhlgVurgGrsh1fnihdJQPJ-EoAgirY-XPUcahTjYx9kGLePoQAoWMDdMHGaORMm0P3EHYhP5FRgqWV4ZRq6uijnBm0C7IJ4IugFmj2eSbPBbcGs97FRIASBkJeXUV5BMIqyNmOPGDML3zXGjfZ1-vu0p2x8cbII4Fr_vzNr_Cib5CXkv_fnIMZNvL6yCUikbzuH-3JzaNM6tZk66jezgz1y8-MHYkrt0NOUzo9CsANVtmJPNhq06Tt-J0cYfMX1PoVi0_BLjDM0JXERNCBlqvJv4nkQId67UXXvkzNxJdnCZgugci3kXPV86UkxlFxoN-w6LhLY2opBjBmWYcdkHB-uU8pno_RGObyI_8dFTXvA4vmU6KuHqDUH7A=w1192-h894-no

After geeking out on Top Gun, we headed to the cabin to get ready for dinner. The theme of the night was "Gatsby", so we donned our flapper duds!

7OB7bVWVLRKffW0aUdoEOVLyd7WzZfhN3JYCtOZvRXQfS1BTqC_9yrgIZMY6UDAFBHzW7WpGsEnA3mMEQsBo_DJDS8wId-VCVCabnO6cslZ8z8I8bCR983-LAqYY2cRurMeCmT5iWYKSAIDhtC6fBfsFjv6rs-ezxQtoYLzZ5AjRFLQ1idEfhd5CNwUt4iPsOkkFP2jkFsiTKD7sb_EAS8WWVvIryXpA2_wffbBOZjmVT1uvgnMu6MJx5oXfs0wFi8MKfJncIy_TlzgEdPFH8f2cAeIPJkMESNIE0wcQ2vNqTgiMjTawyD9on8DaKuAMAERFN8t2b8BCOaSQyZ0XyGbYZF2wXfN3ti5_vtRfPmpGBAP2PNUc6wZq4gnpMZASbMt_tM82YXik4xu1EZLvkg8HU4zbEXIqPJLpkaRid0aNx5dJzsHD1VEEqZsWsv0GGO_8YHNJcfMLDzmu7hXPdkVJnEl4bCfSfmwyiB_MhGBb3Y243t2SdYytDkvXrmnwje_k5qmuE0ZKb_UPKb9SV49zitIf_24fmB-yC0BhtPooJz0DK7vjUsTd4g61nTMG50VOvvObZ5OK-stHyx1Uavg-3FfnyKreStgj44zG99F-KD9Bn_qTpRTUYSz4OB68-4f3YQtTG2X9prQZ0lmA1nQRJWFcHM6XrWjJv80Z3A=w629-h894-no

Our original plan for this evening was to go to Palo, however, our waylaid companion was still sick, so we opted to move the reservation to a later day to give him a chance to get over his sore throat and partake. Fortunately, the manager at Palo was only too happy to switch our reservations, as we wanted to change from a sea day to a port day.

After a few more rounds of Apples to Apples, we had a quiet dinner in Cariocas. We were minus a second dining companion that evening, as the menu didn't appeal to him. In hindsight, I wish I had followed his lead, as I wasn't impressed with the Cariocas offering (I'm just never thrilled with that third restaurant, whatever iteration it is).

Then it was off to bed!

The next day was Pirate Day!!!!

Now I've heard many people on this board complain that the pirate night is getting tired, but it's honestly one of my favorite events on the ship. In fact, one of my many jobs in my Cast Member days was as a Pirate Master for the opening of The Pirates League.

DH loves it too and has even made his own "wooden eye" to wear with his pirate costume. We grabbed a quick picture with our awesome stateroom host (more on him later)...

bh_FefqGRcW7iV4fDhuwzeYvbs2F5Vnkj5OI3Gou2JOwzLiuQY9nMo0Hwp1oq9xeM9bF2_DcP7DZU2egq_1GE4s_xiLnYaLP4EHs-dUqoK6ga6W8clIV81TmPsO7Az3gxjSDDS2ojb5fWuJ_Yz6Rd31Xh5zvNVgHiVrI3raUp3kLEs0qZhu6XxoplUQsmPujRBUES3vApTfWSP9dbE9SmAqVUEwWhtgANLEPDA-9GOu9D2lX_2BE4K20XVUmD5frahG0ZhCpMMujk9_OtVLF_YP5ou8dX_Hr1zPtdRej5viOS9t4ZVso72DHA2akoMMMjwQTSVbMJcrTTNo8Vk-pPktyWR-gOTqXzXXySCifQVVorqVhYRsU3dSQNmwaQClSTcbZXL8QplNrmUsuHWEmhXIu9SqNY4Z2uOhcIxWnob6FRq0MMFW1sNMJrlGY1aEM8r1P_8eGjjzbCqZBLroh1qzExrY1tCYkWw6NL65QCbcTinip_x8T7sq8A15zynJ6_bPRHYtQi7RxfSQjMMvNb5nRVdOsps2hWJAFJ889P6l31Pf9BP3rLxUNIEJ0H8_im-rE_2pEfGfjsyteSQ0T2qKLkX0WJmWDYwnu0gihJdFY2RHi_Q7xvNVfSeOY2qkn93C23cm54_aTrDFG_bUs2UeeUI9cZqmRQL8-xb8UwQ=w1192-h894-no

And headed up for dinner and piracy!

One of the many benefits of the longer cruise, is that there isn't a show to get to every night, which left more time for things like games in the D-Lounge:

sfkXuN7RjFMlLKQm9HCRtVwZXE2Nj77X8MJhE9eVA1Hj67nw5IZ0mTzrml8Rfgc9eTblvg3QSeouC6X4EtxWC5A8XBenxb_IpB05KLf2CV0ADSBrJ5shwvyzgWyFGvRXs2v7woBpvK3WSsYLsuKH0TD6B8WRk1DQcx1ZOVL8woabibN3o1Yw_uHUKQF9CQ3I1A1oeHXj6jIZ38Nq9ajCSBrx7YL8EJsN5NFyDR-aNzy5SWrmNKSMdmBJZeIZx0inXZtw-6a-vDPnmR5HOI97jnm_-nMisI-Y5SOmMpa2_7G1iArFd315ZkCvJVD1CL3aTvLlK7b5KfkZ4JIPbeXeJBeS7qJ1Xeu4R65MutVILuuxeOQCHm64W5riFYeaRdqnaUGakD2yc2bVHCA1t1S76EhZWvpUjMrDQJ5DXrgKlGJGXvBf6ctp-lRkFj2F659-MRVmcfNRVPkQzM-CPpckFlR-i7qbp48GN40OqxyAdugi_KzviJ7mbWiLJjMkpG9mHUYh4V-mjMMTparZnZz0D9mJE0kpMWKKLjMzaP55LqcS6ciFcnVV-2H3Oz3oS6F-vJwMG-KQ6iv2Vjj8TJatPmZB2_KfclrfHdyMhY2fbFScv-KMcnYWKWSyv1VpyMYxtnNGMG6mc2XKPhECYGmpl_XXDxgu_oQT-mbTv_V3iQ=w1280-h721-no

After some fun pirate games, it was time for dinner.

Now we all have that one menu item that we love, and for me, it's the Jerk Chicken Salad. I dream about that salad. I order it as my entree every pirate night. It's one of the few chicken dishes I will eat. When I ordered that evening, I said bring Salad, Salad, and more Salad!

mBvPmDYV8qTSbu7cUQE2nz9FzSu4qt0PbI8LTkocHU_NYPtYYGncJpYkGCKQRRX-BThGu2i_6f1tp-927dNpVehSgkCjbzJ12Th_kQP-E0cRn4BlPLLoZtVBPZbM7aB56YrDg7raa6B6FSbxFg2lShAbpEePiwVLJW2ctiX5OvaEPcoYskkUSi9zJBbOVNxD1eleAjDyX5VsDaRmqcub-NqpDqIaCLMhLHrV8YR10HveFeqBhYtjd2XU_6D3sxmgMazQknHDqkoaMH4e71NHQxacQi1dbS2ozDBiFdXaUljx1uyF8ajGlVS9a9qXNQLus3rJpZkmCHVBGVB7_9wntvutC26_HwDKg_5JJa_N1bfqE_dgPCw1nGuijej7Wby5Q2h699lizIHU6CLige9g6Bwy7VbeRi40cu44rE30cwbb8Tmpiey52rCR6OsuMftOU-61o_1s25y3mpQZ8M_Nw8E3gvqwoZdp3FhMnFmXwgDGCot5zF6jMlWGJopJnuS0x4fEMynuSVyuDOfrPL6S_2ag8lAzri4pHmR0-2s_yRV33NYMcef_33SygnbrGd-2CWOL_TJi1fGkkW035ZcOFx54AezzyabZMl5vOUchi-lpGYjXMHsSApDUgL6_T5Pux6bf0fnEw62AknPv9iztFI2TXNISDgBSZGYc-tdL9A=w671-h894-no

The servers put together a big entree size portion for me. Yum!

As always, there were plenty of Piratic hijinx at dinner, including the servers parade and limbo:

hAecrdxIdJ6J_aAj9mi9pGKxQfhpEtxNV8HASlKiFpOUs4vK_Ynk9U2uNLMWup5454s6kuqS6pVoGVYxeSSQv9lb1cFFwcrVkPsYXSFlFkFwNPnAuao1nK9ZD_erLtOJf_ar27N1KWHUBVP5Xtc-B36s84v1y6qBng0vmKsHSG6ciSQ3qhrW2wlQzooVEO9Fq3hnmS0vRrLSpYl1KuKmnpgeD8Rlmlzv6HfSuto62uqrxpgC7KM80MzT4Ic3ZXoi97ZkehoW9MO7u20lW2GrSW9Fk1iShaWI0icrOlo5PLP0mgVE-yA381P2Ls3aCjUh_HSiVUDlcaCZXnrfkaZAcgAwi3NwAJaGBG-MDxpjLKCOoM219V-g224LAh694hdAEofSgvWeEZFlEnAVHRoPhHbZ5DsUwC9e7wTq3EFnO9Zx4lrumxbtq87HD2Q08kFjy8HgFwsGVD5ZWKuMUGmEOr4GV01_3cv93fvSv_PUuOrr9SzX0NizVFJ9YsSmFUVu4ZeVWhLUb_vwA8sdshBHsrUWy3YUM6EJZ3HlwMO8Pr3IsVoJ5zxWCA3x7PXL4wZzSDGHfI7NoMcsyu0NWM14G1f3owO72l3PZetW_cAl44UFFVyI2bFnTkeTTat8-N43oiTifDAnEbloaWo2G-1pFAtKh7kAoKjYg82UDa5rMw=w1280-h721-no

After dinner, we all hurried up for the Pirates in the... Atlantic party, hoping it wasn't too windy for fireworks. Everyone was getting in on the fun, and trying to stay warm! The warm layers were out in full force, but I'll admit I didn't mind the chilly air. Usually, in the Caribbean, we're more than a little toasty in our full pirate getups.

DH's exuberance was quickly spotted by the Cruise Staff, and they asked him to join some other guests onstage in the "Pirate Daddies" air guitar band:

Pt4jNW1L5T4RwqS-eVaabCUOwEmRQMTrKa9HisxjNE1CoADUoV1ImiWkYti_ownCYF7xdef6GTCfYbplKXJMmDAntIPtdSmOZHtbAhcH9_v7mw-COlk2nI2GG67x_9iVL5pPCbs3zNxnG7n9Zw28UPbOr30UNY8OmYqpceB__KDGrXspnFZoxhz57fQqGKLUgS23IrMizRRdxg3KvcAN_6aGqUXYQu1v3QoJS9L11FLI5tAa8T0YFwl7sD4s2ETtQ5fj3tfHmi8DoXJoZzvVeuU9Bm2ZTVFeBAGlVbQRHciS0073XTaAVoh4ex6khX4Lk2zgYF1c3NTChsAEV26qOwuygBaf6CheLcFnR3AfvPLkgfJJQWa_0QhTN0QpftPcxBYx_2ogO2So1CYya8I8gK0o4KezfWuSY8lIx7s7il2uWl4MR5JpuEQkMWTW4uNsTkAc4I3DTRY3n9jGw03egMCKmiBqk3bISPJMLDcLfTtSIVRqq-dnrApsQ5xHALVSdNiJNOc1aFp2uh-OPHgbW201GyQMNUG-HVU616KU6FH--fGwVwtzoIFC3DV6yK6TXBEGVlukhjsqUIV1mFDEHRuNRImEd6LfAUDjSfYBjLRz9_Rxri0BWtyxQDQXv8V02TOVGNlIauEBRNsdGGuFGzALxX0adqPM0DAapQy73A=w1280-h721-no

And soon enough, Mickey had dropped from the skies and it was time for Fireworks!

QIZ4B4lBzmSCCSv5GzA5MFnCAMG3IH9pNd6-UQwQdV6PlqnefC-RDPa-sNZ0dmF62k06u4ICjE1vqnC0qxdId_RiFUuSNtsS0gcSzSyrsjDg0kNinNQELjjyXinNF1YPH03BdheefrBSRBg5Sn9Z9dNIPSJIzeEGXo637bA9IsiHASFGXOM0g-ec7kr_mta4DSDFjzpyOrFKZS45aOXtbfVAdk7QSeWHTxY06gv3wxs1O25loKICNxZX9R1lwHhVDdQdyvSnaBX_plh-BdC5Q21cAjWQa791osrMcbCaGK_DVFzPh50HVTVT_pNDirK2WZueZHFPuS2_AiiTEjyYkKbCX8hjBv0rF35q7YDrrTJbQupMfNcGEr0gqSBQHG4EENcI92KYLxW9q8UyIbKyMyq7UfwuatZcWkL4Wedved7x6Hw70dTwBbBcA9wSA-fFk4x4MnjVXxEACM1PR7j8kVvhdRvUjDy5GO_iIs54nWR4Uc170z5aXvnxR1YPzzoB0Z8I6hKRBSeHrvXfWeqkekQ1_ZLiB-6ubBpqugcq5vRmvQvNakVmFqxEKVF9FXV5FNyb7NuN8Vj7rhvRLqbIQYEPEtOuQkiVuL41I5nPeeHMAS59hQWli6kz_KAzoq6TLu_BIC7g3SQZ-RLf3ElA3Ce01j9OX3KB61csZrzY-A=w383-h288-no

C7rew9PIEeZWeeiWpBOY8Zrr-DZjjuUb-Uw3YJTTIjtXgOqxlro3vQPZytOvwf1LsVIjRwfYYPLYb8Vjpuf5_YWZbndxkxa2hg9Fhv5UCyHJhzwmmO3V95Tvn4ZrwZTzXJQzUethjXouopK595rpPk-i44Dr8xTcEbATLBx9GBoyupziuT6xrZ2dAmkiuRjT4y7EuGKjp1cmD_pOOiOm7G7GtBm7tsbYJMfL4xPH183YtxDTscyzWWnkmp_NuMTCPSEqPwDHqANWG2dQvDsru4jcRVJ8HcND4YwzL0bXCC1tFpHvgpU45gpKlplGTUTyRRLGui1FPADM1FaMZZuF-uvGI3nj1Fpv3-6EH2bbNf6XO18wPgdhQR6F1zcxbv0z_D5IeOewQfbQFHTFNvT8UdgXSRxMcdJOhHHup0xfWO92xdUVQhqn-eYREwlqTR7mC60i49zGPsDHz_6Gf4vN27EivO96hRIQ5e5xSF2Tp4lbIRyJQCNZuymZ39JDnyFydvPlQesQeKBS1BprCucgx493Q9p9ShUzvRg9csQiflcLeYTcnw0Y0nMy0LtW2v4Gdxq7nHV4mHLHlc39KmXiF1FvWlpdU64Aq1K05wY3q8ySNikiRizpBI6j-PFQ_ezOtFwexLFFHkhxvCfgIe0X85AnM9uAN_Kq2W_7qY_4Fw=w1280-h376-no

When we finally made it back to the cabin, I noticed that my cell phone charging cable was coiled up on the bed, which was odd. I took a closer look, and found that the metal tip (the bit that sticks into the phone) had been snapped off. I figured it had gotten caught in Chita's vacuum, as I was terrible about letting it hang off the bedside table.

No big deal, it was a $3 Amazon cable, and I had a spare, off to bed we went.

The next morning, when we finally got up after sleeping in, Chita caught us as we were heading to breakfast and was distraught about breaking my charger. I quickly assured him that it was my own fault for leaving it laying around, and explained that I had a spare. He was still worried, and I had visions of previous angry guests yelling at him for such an accident. I reassured him again that it was fine, and thanked him for his candor. He insisted that he would put something special in our cabin to make up for it.

I figured we'd get extra chocolates or something after dinner, but when we returned from breakfast we found this:

RoduLo3yP4ld02Say66zlPdhCOqoFTjl01nYsWba8JkxCfunXQM4EyMbs49jlEiUrETMKKKMg6NGJ0mAkrtiUKUA7CChTtU7tDCrufBPlpA7_-MZunc4jAjTXfHidrkJsv5e55GaDLHUWjQqC6eIuLKMuG5NZbHnKHD4vcw1MDXPhjlIn9eddmCMXP6gcC5HoZmAkoH_3ngwEHdILEquYGPhRBRl4M9U8SJkz0vKhgbxIJC8Vu7w-t996ltwJ2sFJUOpgF3FFRLnjHE2E1mnPZgOdbIObJGCvprfA-Is5W6qKB-Hp75xROZxxZ1OnH6qyEVqs2WZYHlIfHOUv7wqpdipTamb0g-_Z7FUW1nGCfOinud28AhjlU7-d1XXpl0ZEvS5dMofx5ZTNnmSYkjktjKyhOZiIFOmeiBc0G6_8HERz9MDK_LImkBf2yIsaAraVGBhtDzWuXMfvpuusvv2e9FdAP0myVOeODNrfPmPOtz-Vddm-XKGo7jtyfDyPXhME5CrPzWoZH3yLwRBRzXZLPHFOAJ4f-_3pWL7ABYYNpm2G83e_MkiMYoQdqqOFsc9z--ALZwaaYXDwf7xG93ivxmPMELCOpTqviZZ4zB1uqG1YqhjTPr2AfEwMjZNUNXNaG_zj4b4qW8_oyb4Lrne21g-G0nQ-C7wbeqmck_UAA=w1280-h807-no

So cute, honestly, we had the best stateroom host ever!

That's all the pictures I have from those sea days. I know, I'm the worst!

Next up: Sydney, Canada!!!

I have to agree with you on the Jerk Chicken Salad. It was my favorite meal of my cruise.

Your costumes for both the Gatsby and Pirate Night were great!

What a awesome stateroom host you had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter