If you booked Free Dining, can you upgrade to the new DDP+?

DisSurfer878

DIS Veteran
Ok. I haven't been able to get on the horn today and actually CALL Disney because I'm a teacher so I don't get actual breaks long enough to do that, lol.

But has anyone called and found out if people who booked free dining can upgrade to DDP+ today? Anybody? Bueller?
I plan to try and call after work but ya'll are the experts.

My free dining offer lets me upgrade to DxDP but not DDP+. I'm planning on DxDP and looking at my spreadsheets comparing, I should stay with DxDP. We will probably have too much food, but more flexibility for in our "on the go" CS choices.

My free dining offer lets me upgrade to DxDP but not DDP+. I'm planning on DxDP and looking at my spreadsheets comparing, I should stay with DxDP. We will probably have too much food, but more flexibility for in our "on the go" CS choices.
Yeah we aren't interested in the deluxe plan. The plus is perfect, so.

There are folks in the sticky thread above reporting they were told no
I could only find AP reports or people who had booked some random discounts. The only free dining one I saw was they tried online, not over the phone.

Keep reading :)

someone w free dining wanted to change to this plan and was told no

I would give it a couple of weeks, then call.

We all know Disney's IT is a disaster. It's probably just some kind of coding issue that's not allowing the upgrade. I can't imagine Disney not finding a way to take more of people's money.

If you're attempting to upgrade from a free dining promo, you've got plenty of time for the kinks to get worked out.

I just called to upgrade my free dining bounce back in July. The CM told me they have to put in the request and it takes about 24hrs and the change will show in MDE, she also asked them to email me when the change is made. Sounds like they allow it but just don't have an easy way to process it yet. She also couldn't give me the exact price but gave me an estimate and said it should be less but definitely not more.

I just called to upgrade my free dining bounce back in July. The CM told me they have to put in the request and it takes about 24hrs and the change will show in MDE, she also asked them to email me when the change is made. Sounds like they allow it but just don't have an easy way to process it yet. She also couldn't give me the exact price but gave me an estimate and said it should be less but definitely not more.
Alright. Maybe I'll wait it out through the weekend and see what's what. I've heard other mixed reports too like this.
Seems there is yet to be anything clear cut.

Well I just received a call from another cast member about my request to upgrade to the DDP+. She stated that it's not possible with my current offer (FD BB). I think this is the first time Disney didn't want to take my money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter