• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff~ COMPLETE

Cravings Countdown​

Day 7 - Signature Dining

It looks like I am fighting the clock a bit on this one!

With a week to go the meals that I am most looking forward to are the signature dining experiences, in particular Victoria & Albert's but I'll save that to do a full post on.

So, while I wait for the next 6 days to pass, I'm going to reminisce about my favorite signature dining experiences.

1. California Grill

This is easily our favorite restaurant at Walt Disney World. Since 2007 we have dined her dozens of times. In fact, we even have a regular server when we go now :)

Here are some of my favorite shots:

ry%3D400

Place Setting at Sunset

ry%3D400

Firecracker Peach Salad

ry%3D400

Spicy Kazan Roll

ry%3D400

Shrimp Tempura Roll

ry%3D400

Sourdough Bread with Sea Salt Butter

ry%3D400

Glass of Conundrum

ry%3D400

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Polenta

ry%3D400

Amuse Bouche - Pumpkin Soup

ry%3D400

Cheese Plate

ry%3D400

Amazing Dessert Platter!

2. Jiko

While some have had hit and miss experiences with Jiko, every time we have dined there it has been fantastic. This coming visit in October will mark our 6th meal at the restaurant and we are looking forward to it.

ry%3D400

Place Setting

ry%3D400

View from our "usual" table

ry%3D400

Bread with the out-of-this-world Tandoori Butter

ry%3D400

Ostrich

3122e513.png

Wild Boar

IMG_7649.jpg

Short ribs

IMG_7652.jpg

One Last Cup

Looks like I've passed midnight, so I am technically 6 days away from my next trip now. I'll be back with more cravings tomorrow!

Cravings Countdown​

Day 6 - Alcoholic Drinks!

Like many others, our family loves drinking around WDW. While I still wish that the lounges and bars had unique menus, I think there are lots of amazing drink options at WDW.

Here are some of our favorites:

ry%3D400

Dad's Electric Lemonade - 50's Primetime Cafe

ry%3D400

Frozen Margarita - Margarita Stand, Mexico Pavilion, Epcot

ry%3D400

Margarita, Kona Cafe, Polynesian

ry%3D400

Sparkling Wine with Strawberry, Garden View Tea Room, Grand Floridian

ry%3D400

Sunken Treasure, Ohana, Polynesian

ry%3D400

Mt Fuji, Tokyo Dining, Japan Pavilion, Epcot

ry%3D400

Lapu Lapu, Tambu Lounge, Polynesian

ry%3D400

Grand Marnier Orange Slush, Les Vins de Chefs de France, Epcot

ry%3D400

Pomegranate Kir, Les Vins de Chefs de France, Epcot

ry%3D400

Longboard Lager, Kona Cafe, Polynesian

ry%3D400

Beer Flight, Raglan Road

ry%3D400

Belini and Rosa Regale, Via Napoli, Italy Pavilion, Epcot

ry%3D400

Original and Lime Raspberry Margaritas, La Hacienda de San Angel, Mexico Pavilion, Epcot

ry%3D400

Sol Beer, La Hacienda de San Angel, Mexico Pavilion, Epcot

5 days!!
:woohoo::yay::cheer2:

Yay! Only 5 days (actually closer to 4 days now lol) left until we leave for Florida.

Cravings Countdown​

Day 5 – Via Napoli

When we were visiting in September 2010, we were fortunate enough to have lunch at Via Napoli while it was still in the "soft opening" phase: in other words, it was not accepting reservations.

I love Via Napoli. The building itself looks as though it has always been a part of the Italy pavilion. The interior is spacious, bright and airy. The pizza ovens are amazingly fun to watch and the servers from Italy always seem to enjoy joking with guests.

My Dad traveled to Italy as a teenager and he lived off of 2 things: gelato and pizza. He swore that this was a near exact replica of the pizza he tried in Naples.

ry%3D400

Exterior

ry%3D400

Venetian glass chandelier in the check-in area

ry%3D400

View from check-in area into restaurant

ry%3D400

Large communal table that runs the length of the restaurant

ry%3D400

View of the three wood burning pizza ovens (Stromboli, Vesuvio and Etna, named after the three italian volcanoes)

When this restaurant first opened, there was some speculation that the pizzas would not be authentic. In fact, there were some who were skeptical enough to believe that the pizzas would be pre-made. This could not be further from the case. You see the pizza chefs constantly making dough, tossing it by hand, adding fresh ingredients such as imported San Marzano tomatoes and Fior di Latte mozzarella cheese. These pizzas are not your typical "Disney pizza", in fact, they aren't even traditional "American pizza".

ry%3D400

Behold, the original pizza – Margherita – simply tomatoes, mozzarella and basil.

See how the crust is slightly blistered and dark brown in spots? See how it is lovely and think and not piled with toppings? True Naples style pizzas are thin crust with a crunchy exterior and a chewy interior, they are dressed perfectly with a light coating of toppings so that no one element of the pizza outshines another.

ry%3D400

Pepperoni

The pepperoni itself is very small, slightly spicy pepperoni, that imparts its oil onto the pizza making every bite flavourful.

ry%3D400

Quattro Fromaggi

Wow…just wow. This pizza, with a combination of mozzarella, parmesan, fontina and provolone was cheese heaven. But it was way too rich for 1 person to finish.

All the pizzas above were the "individual" portion and that was far too much. For 3 adults, I'd say 2 individual pizzas is more than enough.

For dessert, we had to try:

ry%3D400

Gelato

Sadly, this was nowhere near as good as authentic gelato should be. It wasn't as airy as traditional ice cream, but it was far from the silky, rich, creamy experience of real gelato.

Our first night at Epcot this coming trip, we are making a beeline for Via Napoli (after sampling some Food & Wine festival items of course) to split some of the best pizza in North America.

Thanks for reading!

I can't believe it's less than a week away now :) looking forward to posting as much as I can live.

Cool! Thanks for reading :) I always find myself thinking about Disney food before we head back "home".

Thanks! She is so excited (I am too!!) and she is hoping she will see a few girls who think she is a "princess" princess::bride:

We stayed at GF in Jan/Feb and saw several brides! Every time DD would go - "look at the princess! Is she a bride too, Mommy? " Congratulations again - to you and your friend on their special day!

I love your countdowns! I can't wait to see all of this year's new F&W items! I think my PTR is really going to kick into high gear when I can start to steal photos from other people's TR's! :rotfl:

I have lurked on your other reports and so excited that I have found this one! If I ever did a dining report, you would be one of my inspirations. Can't wait for all the yummy looking pics and all the reviews!

We stayed at GF in Jan/Feb and saw several brides! Every time DD would go - "look at the princess! Is she a bride too, Mommy? " Congratulations again - to you and your friend on their special day!

That's so cute! I've seen so many brides at Disney and most have been at the Grand Floridian. It's a bit surreal to me that my friend is going to be a Disney bride in 6 days!

I love your countdowns! I can't wait to see all of this year's new F&W items! I think my PTR is really going to kick into high gear when I can start to steal photos from other people's TR's! :rotfl:

Thanks! I've done a simple version of the countdown on my blog for my past few trips, but this time I thought it would be fun to expand them. I'm really excited to see the new items too! We are planning on Canada, Greece, Hawaii, Ireland and France for Oct 1st, so that evening I'll try to get some pictures up. That is if the Disney "high speed" internet cooperates :rolleyes:

I have lurked on your other reports and so excited that I have found this one! If I ever did a dining report, you would be one of my inspirations. Can't wait for all the yummy looking pics and all the reviews!

Aww thank you! I can't wait to start the reviews!

WDW Cravings Countdown

Day 4 – Hacienda de San Angel and La Cava del Tequila!

Let me start by saying: We LOVE the newest dining additions to the Mexico pavilion.

Our first visit to La Hacienda de San Angel was in October 2010. I was very excited as I love trying new restaurants and from what I had seen, this place was beautiful and offered some interesting options. You see, Mexican food isn't exactly plentiful up here in Toronto and my family has recently discovered that we quite enjoy it.

ry%3D400

Sign at the Entrance

ry%3D400

Interior Check-in Area

ry%3D400

DMom joked that they could lock bad children up with the high chairs ;)

ry%3D400

Place Setting

ry%3D400

Chips with Chipotle Salsa (red) and Tomatillo Salsa (green) (I'm not a huge fan of the tomatillo salsa, but I adore the chipotle one! It has quite a bit of kick, but the sweet and smokey undertones make it addictive)

ry%3D400

View from our table, into the main room

ry%3D400

Botana – a sampling of chicken tostada, chilorio sope (marinated pork) and cheese empanada

ry%3D400

Queso Fundido – melted cheese with poblano peppers and chorizo, served with house made flour tortillas

ry%3D400

Pollo al Pastor – achiote marinated chicken with roasted vegetables and pineapple, served with corn tortillas

ry%3D400

Rice & Beans

ry%3D400

Tacos de Camarones – fried shrimp, chipotle-lime aioli, cabbage, lime and salsa verde on flour tortillas

Everything was wonderful, especially the queso fundido and the shrimp tacos. We can't wait to return.

DMom and I especially love La Cava del Tequila. DDad likes it too, but he isn't the biggest fan of tequila or margaritas, and let's face it, that is the main draw! La Cava, or as it is affectionately known by many DISers...the Ditch, is the best use of space in the pavilion! What used to be a small, under-utilized space, is now an extremely popular bar!

We especially love the small seating area with the couch and low stools and have been lucky enough to snag it, even during peak times!

I have only tried 1 type of margarita (the magic blue - silver tequila, agave syrup, lime juice and blue curacao, with a hibiscus salt rim) so far (blasphemous, I know), but I think we will try the margarita flight this coming trip.

Sadly, I don't have any pictures at the moment, but I will try to take some next week!

WDW Cravings Countdown

Day 3 – 'Ohana!

'Ohana is such a fun restaurant. Our last meal there was October 2010, and while my parents won't be dining at 'Ohana this trip, I will. And in a sense it will be a "first" for me. Every time I have dined at 'Ohana, I've seen those large parties at the tables in the middle of the room, celebrating a birthday or a wedding rehearsal dinner…well this trip, I'll be part of one of those large parties!

I am dining at 'Ohana for my best friend's Welcome Dinner for her Disney Fairytale Wedding!

I know that some feel 'Ohana can be hit or miss, and it will be interesting to experience it as part of a large party! But, we have always had good to great meals here. For the price, you can't beat the food! Though I do miss the scalloped potatoes desperately!

ry%3D400

Perfect view from a window table

ry%3D400

Sunken Treasure and a Blue Glowtini

I'm trying to figure out why on earth I didn't get a Lapu Lapu :lmao: because those lovely hollowed out pineapples, filled with rum, sweet & sour and pineapple juice are to die for! And man are they strong! I have a pretty high tollerance, but after 2 Lapu Lapus....well, let's say I'd get acquainted with the floor quite quickly!

ry%3D400

Pineapple and Coconut Bread

This bread is nice, but it pales in comparison to the super yummy bread and macadamia nut butter from Kona. A tip: If you ask your server for butter they will bring you some. It vastly improves the bread :thumbsup2

ry%3D400

Salad with Honey Lime Dressing

I am not the world's largest salad fan, far from it actually. However, this salad is light, sweet, tart and refreshing. It is the perfect start to the meal.

ry%3D400

Dipping Sauces

Clockwise from top the sauces are:
Peanut - this pairs well with the noodles and the chicken
Sweet & Sour - this pairs well with the pot stickers and the shrimp
Spicy Mustard - I LOVE the spicy mustard and I feel it pairs well with everything :rotfl:, but the wings, the steak and the pork are the suggested pairings from what I recall.

ry%3D400

Pork Potstickers

These are quite tasty. Crispy on the outside, soft and tender inside. The filling is pork with asian flavors like ginger and lemongrass. They drizzle some sweet and sour sauce over these before they bring them to the table.

ry%3D400

Sticky Wings

I could easily make an entire meal out of just these wings. They are sticky, salty, and sweet. Like a thick soy sauce with added spices. In fact, I have replicated them at home successfully. The sauce is soy, honey, lime juice, garlic powder, ginger powder, a bit of sesame oil, some coriander and a few other ingredients.

ry%3D400

Stir Fried Vegetables

These are exactly what they sounds like: Stir Fried Vegetables. A bit boring, but good. Nothing special.

ry%3D400

Pineapple Lo Mein Noodles

These have grown on me over the years. As I stated earlier, I miss the scalloped potatoes!! But, as a huge pasta fan, I tried these and they are very tasty. The sweetness from the pineapple balances out the soy based sauce. They are thicker than a spaghetti noodle and they are a bit softer in texture than an al dente pasta.

ry%3D400

Beef & Chicken

It can be quite the challenge to get pictures of the meats at 'Ohana. They are all cooked over the open, wood-burning fire pit and presented on large skewers. The options are:
Oak Grilled Chicken
Asian Barbequed Pork Loin
Marinated Sirloin Steak
Spicy Grilled Peel and Eat Shrimp

ry%3D400

Pineapple Bread Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream and Bananas Foster Sauce

Angels sing and the heavens open when this dessert is presented :angel: I'm not kidding! This is bliss. It is only of the best desserts at Walt Disney World. The warm, custard-y bread pudding, the crunchy baked top, the cool ice cream and the sweet caramel sauce are the perfect combination!

Overall, I love 'Ohana. Between the food and the fun atmosphere I make a point of returning here every few trips.

Thanks for reading! I can't wait either! It's getting harder to focus as work (which is evidenced by the increase in time I'm spending on the DIS boards :lmao:) Shhh ;)

I know the feeling....I still have 17 days to go and I'm flipping out:rotfl2:

I know the feeling....I still have 17 days to go and I'm flipping out:rotfl2:

:rotfl: I know the feeling well. When I get within 20 days of a WDW vacation my brain turns into "Disney mush"!

Currently, I'm listening to live365 (sorcerer radio), I've made my detailed packing list, re-confirmed my travel confirmations for the millionth time, and tonight I'm going to get my pre-vacation mani pedi :goodvibes :cloud9:

AND I only have....15 hours of work (2 today, 7 tomorrow and 6 on Friday) left before I'm officially on vacation!

Now, I need to go think up my Day 2 countdown....I already have Day 1....decisions decisions....

Yay! Your trip is almost here!!! :banana:

I bet your best friend is ridiculously excited right now! You are going to have such a marvelous trip and I cannot wait to hear all about it. :goodvibes

I've been lurking on your countdown but just wanted to come "out" and say that:

I'm two weeks out from my trip and can't concentrate on work either. Ssshhh... don't tell! ;) And my brain is totally Disney mush! :laughing:

I can't wait for your live reviews! ::hyper::

So jealous of your friend's Disney wedding. Can't wait to hear all about it!! I'm sure it will be a most magical experience.

PS - please leave some food & wine for me. ;)

I've lurked on some of your reviews in the past and just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed them! I am also really enjoying your countdown. It's really getting me in the mood for my trip which is in just over 2 weeks :cool1: I can't concentrate at work either - I'm already in vacation mode so I know how you feel!

How exciting to be going down for your friend's wedding. I hope everything goes well and she has a wonderful day :goodvibes

I have a question for you about the shrimp tempura roll at California Grill. I don't eat sushi but the way you described it makes it sound so good that it is making me want to try it! And it's all cooked (I just can't get past the idea of raw fish :scared1:) Would you recommend this to a non-sushi eater? I just can't decide how adventurous I want to be :)

Looking forward to the rest of your countdown and of course your reviews!

Yay! Your trip is almost here!!! :banana:

I bet your best friend is ridiculously excited right now! You are going to have such a marvelous trip and I cannot wait to hear all about it. :goodvibes

I know! I'm so excited! Less than 48 hours until we leave the house lol. I have so much to pack! And now DDad wants to try and squeeze in dinner at Cracker Barrel in Buffalo. :lmao:

I've been lurking on your countdown but just wanted to come "out" and say that:

I'm two weeks out from my trip and can't concentrate on work either. Ssshhh... don't tell! ;) And my brain is totally Disney mush! :laughing:

I can't wait for your live reviews! ::hyper::

So jealous of your friend's Disney wedding. Can't wait to hear all about it!! I'm sure it will be a most magical experience.

PS - please leave some food & wine for me. ;)

Thanks for saying hi! I'm glad you are enjoying the countdown :goodvibes

LOL, isn't Disney brain the best and worst at the same time??

I really can't believe that her wedding is in 4 days! We've been talking about it for years.

Haha :P I'll definitely leave some for you ;)

I've lurked on some of your reviews in the past and just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed them! I am also really enjoying your countdown. It's really getting me in the mood for my trip which is in just over 2 weeks :cool1: I can't concentrate at work either - I'm already in vacation mode so I know how you feel!

How exciting to be going down for your friend's wedding. I hope everything goes well and she has a wonderful day :goodvibes

I have a question for you about the shrimp tempura roll at California Grill. I don't eat sushi but the way you described it makes it sound so good that it is making me want to try it! And it's all cooked (I just can't get past the idea of raw fish :scared1:) Would you recommend this to a non-sushi eater? I just can't decide how adventurous I want to be :)

Looking forward to the rest of your countdown and of course your reviews!

Thanks for reading! It's always nice to hear that people enjoy the reviews. :thumbsup2 Thanks for the wedding well wishes. I can't wait to be part of a Disney Fairytale Wedding!

If you like shrimp tempura and sweet and sour sauce-like flavors I would say absolutely! There is nothing raw and really not much intimidating. The soy paper tastes like nothing :lmao: as opposed to nori, or seaweed, that wraps traditional sushi. The shrimp are sweet and tender and the fruits add a lovely tang. I would highly recommend it as "starter" sushi!

Currently, I'm listening to live365 (sorcerer radio), I've made my detailed packing list, re-confirmed my travel confirmations for the millionth time, and tonight I'm going to get my pre-vacation mani pedi :goodvibes :cloud9:

OMG, I a, listening to Sorcerer Radio right now, I am actually going to their 10th Anniversary trip:banana: in just 16 days!:woohoo: I'm a member of their forums, too

Less than 48 hours!!​
:woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay::cheer2::cheer2:

First off, I can't believe that I will be in Florida in less than 48 hours!!

I have everything ready to pack and I'm praying that I can comfortably fit it all in one suitcase, because I really don't want to pay for a second bag :lmao:

Our original plan was to leave our house at about 7pm tomorrow. That would get us to the hotel in Buffalo around 9pm. This is not our usual plan, but I thought I was going to have to work until 4:30 or 5 and we didn't want to rush.

However, earlier this week, my boss gave me permission to leave the office at 3. This should get me home by 4. Now, DDad loves Cracker Barrel, and he has been craving it for some time. So, our revised plan is to leave our house at 5pm and arrive in Buffalo at 7pm. That way, we can have our traditional Cracker Barrel dinner :goodvibes

WDW Cravings Countdown

Day 2 - Counter Service Favorites

I'll start this off by saying that we aren't really counter service people. We have nothing at all against fast food (I love KFC every few months etc.) but we just don't feel that Disney does fast food that well. With a few very special exceptions!

First up:

Wolfgang Puck Express

ry%3D400

Exterior

ry%3D400

Artsy Menu Shot

It is almost a crime to refer to this restaurant as "counter service". Sure, you line up at, and order from, a counter. But that is where the comparisons stop.

After you have placed your order, you are handed a number and asked to find a seat anywhere you would like. There is lots of seating, both indoors and outdoors (under a covered patio). You are free to get a drink as you exit the counter area and enter the seating area. However, from this point on, your glass will be refilled for you by a member of the wait staff.

The majority of items are cooked to order here. With the exception of items that require advanced preparation such as the meatloaf or baked macaroni and cheese.

The food is presented on real plates, with real cutlery. The wait staff bring your food, any condiments you require etc.

In addition to this wonderful restaurant-style, and good service, the food is fantastic!

Some of our favorites include:

ry%3D400

Cherry Coke & Corona

I am such a sucker for Cherry Coke! It is nearly impossible to find in Canada now, which makes me very sad. I practically lived off the stuff in high school :rotfl:

Anyways, this is one of the few places on WDW property that regularly carries Cherry Coke in the fountain variety.

DMom & DDad also love getting a corona here.

ry%3D400

Meatball Pizza

The pizzas at Wolfgang Puck Express are superior to nearly all Disney pizza (with the exception of Via Napoli). They are thin crust, with gourmet toppings. After all, Wolfgang Puck DID invest the gourmet pizza! It should be good! This particular variety is great. The perfect amount of cheese and sauce, with slices of tender homemade meatballs scattered on top.

ry%3D400

Chinois Chicken Salad

As I stated in the 'Ohana countdown, I am not a huge salad lover. However, this salad could make ANYONE a salad lover! Crunchy napa & red cabbage, slivered carrots, tender roasted chicken and crunchy wontons, all tossed in a tangy rich asian honey mustard dressing. It is heavenly. We get one every time and all share as it is massive!

ry%3D400

Crispy Chicken, BBQ Chicken Quesadilla in back

The crispy chicken strips are "just" chicken fingers. But they are darn good ones. And the fries? Better than the best McDonald's fries you've ever had! The chicken is coated in panko for a particularly crunchy exterior, which subsequently locks the moisture in as well. The fries are tossed with an herb and garlic mixture, along with large grains of sea salt. Another must have on every visit.

Sadly, the BBQ Chicken Quesadilla pictured in back is no longer on the menu. It was a yummy option and we were sad to see it go. It was two large flour tortillas, filled with roasted chicken, jack cheese, smokey bbq sauce and pico de gallo. The top was then swirled with more smokey bbq sauce and ranch dressing for a creamy contrast.

ry%3D400

Side of Mac & Cheese

The mac & cheese here is to die for. The recipe has changed slightly over the years, but I believe it always includes four cheeses. The cheese combination is a blend of sharp, hard, creamy and stringy cheeses such as cheddar, parmesan, goat cheese & mozzarella etc. It is very rich, so a side portion is more than enough!

ry%3D400

Crème Brulee

You wouldn't think that a counter service restaurant (outside of Boulangerie Patisserie at the France Pavilion) would do a great crème brulee would you? Well, Wolfgang Puck Express does! The custard is the perfect balance between firm and wobbly. The crust is thick, well caramelized and cracks beautifully when you hit it with a spoon.

Another fantastic option at Wolfgang Puck Express is....BREAKFAST!

We only discovered this a few trips ago, but the unique breakfast items here make it worth a visit.

ry%3D400

Breakfast Pizza

The "Breakfast Pizza" sometimes known as the "Smoked Bacon Pizza" is something that made this egg-hating girl, like eggs! A thin crispy pizza base is topped with mozzarella & cheddar cheeses, scrambled eggs, smoked bacon and tomatoes, and swirled with ranch dressing. Wow! Just wow! It is exactly as it sounds, a full breakfast on a pizza and it works. Try it and you'll love it.

ry%3D400

Crispy Cornflake French Toast

The Crispy Cornflake French Toast sounds so interesting that I just had to order it. You get three slices of toast, covered in cornflakes and cinnamon sugar, served with fruit and maple syrup. This is a texture phenomenon. It is super crisp on the outside, and meltingly soft and custardy on the inside. The secret? The "toast" is a plain bagel, sliced in three! The bagel has enough substance that it can absorb the right amount of egg mixture to stay soft on the interior, but not disintegrate when it is dredged in the cornflakes and deep fried to a crunchy golden brown.

And with that my stomach just rumbled! :lmao:

The other exception to our "we don't do counter service" rule is:

Flame Tree BBQ​

We have loved Disney's Animal Kingdom from the very first time we set foot in the park. The details, the intricacies and stories that are woven into each attraction, land, and even each pathway, are incredible. We could spend hours simply walking around and enjoying the atmosphere.

Our very first visit, we stumbled across Flame Tree BBQ and I have to be honest, it was the smell that led us there. That smokey, sinfully good smell of barbeque! We were skeptical, how good could theme park bbq be?

I'll preface my answer by saying: We don't have "good" bbq in Toronto. I've never tried true southern bbq but I'm dying to. In lieu of that - Flame Tree is AMAZING! Far better than anything we can get at home.

What shocked us, was the amazing seating area. Multiple tiers of canopied seating, tables out in the open in a jungle-like area, with fountains, trickling streams, a lily pond! It is like an oasis!

Even more interesting, the predator and prey theme! Take a look around text time you are there. Every seating canopy has a different predator and prey. There are anteaters and ants, owls and rabbits etc. And it is the most carnivorous restaurant at Disney's Animal Kingdom, so that theme is pretty darn appropriate!

ry%3D400

Sign

ry%3D400

BBQ Chicken Salad

DMom's item of choice at Flame Tree BBQ is....a salad?!? I know what you are thinking. How can that possibly be a favorite item? But it is great! The lettuce and veggies are crisp and refreshing. There is a light oil and vinegar dressing and the chicken! It is smoked and tossed in both a spice rub and bbq sauce. It is juicy, tender and very flavourful.

ry%3D400

St. Louis Ribs

DDad and I go straight for the St. Louis ribs. They have varying degrees of how good they are, but the majority of the time they are outstanding. Good ribs shouldn't "fall off the bone" but rather, should be easily bitten off without the bone slipping out. These are just that. The meat is tender, seasoned with a tasty rub and then you get to add as much or as little sauce as you'd like. And the sauce....:angel: it's bliss. I have tried to replicate it at home, with reasonable success. The balance between smoke, tang, spice, and sweet is perfect.

ry%3D400

Onion Rings

The onion rings are surprisingly good! And for someone like me who isn't a fan of beans or coleslaw, they are a good alternative side. Though, you cannot substitute them for the sides given with the ribs.

Well, this update has made me incredibly hungry! Time to go and hope my work day sails by...only 10 hours of work left (4 today and 6 tomorrow). Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter