• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ideas to make trip extra special?

Hessie628

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this is long..... I am going to WDW with my husband, 2 yo daughter, and my dad Aug. 17-25. (My brother and his fiancée may come too.). My dad is a DVC member and we are staying at OKW. He's been many times, but not since 2010 I believe. We all went to WDW in December for my brother's 40th except for him and my mom. My parents and other brother and his family were supposed to go, but my family wasn't. In Dec. my mom was undergoing chemotherapy for Breast Cancer so they couldn't go. My father in law passed in Sept so my husband and I took our DD because we needed some joy and the villa was booked. I know my dad was sad about not going and not seeing my DD in WDW. In a sad bit of irony, my mom passed away 2 days after we returned from our trip. After her passing I decided to book another trip so my dad could go. Our trip is about 10 days after my dad's 76th birthday. I want to do something special for him because he lost his wife of 47 years and we didn't get to celebrate his big birthday last year because my mom had just been diagnosed. I have a few meals booked at places I know he likes or may like. We are surprising him and my DD with breakfast at CRT and I know he will love seeing his little princess' face when we eat in "The Castle". I will also get him a pin and maybe have something sent to the room. Does anyone have any ideas to make the trip extra special? It's just been such a tough year I want to do something really special for him.

TIA

Jessica

I do not know about his mobility, but a backstage tour would make him feel pretty special :) and he would learn something in the meantime. I do believe that they provide lunch. Or depending on his interest, a lunch with an imagineer is interesting.

I know you have breakfast booked at CRT, but what about ordering the glass slipper dessert? It's a special order, not super expensive and delicious. I ordered one for my mom's 60th birthday and they wrote happy birthday on the plate for her.

I'm personally a big fan of the in room surprises from disneyflorist. They are near to come back to and we always did the snacks ones so it was fun to have a different treat after we got back from the parks to dig into and special treats to bring home with us.

what about the "behind the seeds' tour at Epcot. Ive always loved the Living with the Land ride and the Behind the Seeds tour looks fantastic !
you get to actually walk behind the scene thru the attraction on a guided tour. Its on my bucket list. I know my dad and/or grandad would have loved it. If he has any interest in gardening at all he will love this.

I have a slightly different idea in mind for what its worth.

If he's anything like my dad, I'm sure just being included and spending time on the trip will be perfect for him.

My idea is to make the "after trip" super special. Once everyone is home safe and sound, try to make a nice photo album for him with all the (hopefully) great family photos you get. I think in those quiet moments when he's by himself, that photo album might be worth more than you can imagine?

I would suggest looking in to Gifts of a Lifetime. I did it in the past and it was an incredible experience, it really made the trip a special one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter