• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I wish WWOHP was in WDW

Albytaps

Mickey's Biggest Fan
I'd be in total heaven :littleangel:

Do you think Disney might buy out Universal at some point? I'd love to go to WWOHP while in WDW and not go bankrupt.

While a huge fan of the HP series, I too, am glad that the WWOHP is not part of WDW.

To me, they are two separate worlds, with different vibes and really, different fan bases. Many of us love both, but a magical WDW vacation is nothing like spending time in the moody broody WWOHP. Different kind of magic. ;)

Maybe I'm a purist, but I feel like things are just fine they way they are.

Its my understanding that the the HP people came to Disney first, but Disney was only interested in doing a single ride not a land.

It also fits better in the existing land at US, they already had the dragon coasters.

Wanted to add that I guess the success of WWOHP changed Disney's mind about devoting an entire land to a movie aka Avatar.

I'd rather see WWOHP over Avatar.
I hate paying to go to US just to see HP. It's such a waste.

I'd rather see WWOHP over Avatar.
I hate paying to go to US just to see HP. It's such a waste.

Universal is spectacular, IMO! Definitely worth going for a few days inside a trio to WDW, or even it's own trip. After spending eight days there between two trips, we upgraded to universal APs and are planning at least one Disney-free universal trip.

To only see WWoHP and ski all the rest would indeed be a waste and a travesty, IMO?

Universal is spectacular, IMO! Definitely worth going for a few days inside a trio to WDW, or even it's own trip. After spending eight days there between two trips, we upgraded to universal APs and are planning at least one Disney-free universal trip.

To only see WWoHP and ski all the rest would indeed be a waste and a travesty, IMO?

They have a couple of other things that are interesting, but not worth the money, in my opinion. Most of there rides are outdated, and you can't walk two feet without being approached by some marketing researcher.
Not worth it to us.

Disclaimer: I am in no way a Universal Fanboy, I DID have a Universal Annual Pass that we had had since 2001, until 2 years ago which we gave up due to a VERy bad customer service experience.

However we have since been back twice for WWOHP. Even in its worst days I would say even Islands of Adventure by itself had more then a couple good attractions. Spiderman? Quite possibly the best ride built ANYWHERE Disney or otherwise, Poisidon's Fury, which I would experience a dozen times again before I ever saw Fantasmic once more, Bluto's Bildge Rafts, runs circles around Kali River Rapids, SO MUCH BETTER. There is Also Dueling Dragons (Dragons Challendge) which is rumored to have originally been designed for Animal Kingdom's Beastly Kingdom section, that was never built.

Really are you such a Disney fanboy that if it was a Disney park it would inherently be a better ride simply because its at a Disney Park?

Don't get me wrong I love Disney, but I have to think that the quality wouldn't be slipping as much if more people would venture outside of the bubble, and Disney actually had to compete a bit. Competition is always healthly, and many attractions outside of Disney are worth the time and MONEY to visit. Legoland, SeaWorld, Gatorland, etc.

Last, I have been to Universal atleast a dozen times in the last 10 years and have NEVER been sold or marketed anything. I cannot say the same for Disney...

Jennifer

I agree with this sentiment. I'd love to see WWOHP, but I can't justify paying to go to Universal.

IA while spiderman is a good ride overall IOA is not worth the money :confused3 We originally went to Orlando for IOA and HP with a side of disney/sea world. We were waaaaaay more impressed with Disney. :flower3:

We did US with a Park Hopper in May, and we were approached 2-3 times by marketers and we were only there 5 hours. One was for dogfood, and they offered to give us a $10 US studios gift card, and then after that I didn't even stop to hear the schpeel, just told them no thanks.
Spiderman is great, but it's outdated as well. IOA has a few good coasters, and US itself has a few awesome movie rides. Outside of those rides, it's losing it's appeal. I am hardly a Disney "Fanboy" seeing as I have visited US in Hollywood as many times as Disneyland (We do DL, US, and Knotts Berry farm everytrip) and the one time I went to WDW, we did US as well. And now that I am grown up, US is disappointing, not as family friend, and not worth our money. I have a 1 year old who could only do a handful of things in US, but where he can do the majority of things in WDW. The characters, the parades- all more family friendly. If it were not for WWOHP, we would probably not go back.
Seaworld, however, is next on our list. But yes, I am a Disney "fanboy"

It's funny but the WWOHP is what pulled me away from Disney. I used to do Disney at least once if not twice a year, all that changed once the Wizarding World opened. I've made 4 trips to Universal since it opened and haven't been back on Disney property since. Not that I don't still love Disney and I will be back of course. However, like others have said the cost to do Disney with a side trip to Universal is a bit much and as there is no way I am going to Orlando and not going to Potter well, sadly Disney looses right now. Plus it's nice to have a stress free theme park vacation, no ADRs, no fastpass stratagies, no rope drop hassles.

I am going to Downtown Disney while on my Universal trip in 2 weeks. I do miss Disney a bit so at least I will get a small dose of that particular magic.

We went to US/IOA last January mainly see WWOHP. We LOVED WWOHP but the rest of IOA/US was just okay. We are not huge thrill riders which could be the reason. The only complaint I have made about WWOHP is that it is not in WDW! I really think Disney dropped the ball big time when they passed on it! I am not sure how we will fit WWOHP in for future trips because as has been said it is too expensive to go just for that. We may only do it every other trip or something?? :confused3

As for Avatar land I have no desire to go to that. I haven't seen the movie though as it does not appeal to me at all. I just can't believe Disney passed on WWOHP but is doing a whole land for Avatar? :confused3 Crazy!

Are any of the WWHOP fans NOT fans of HP? It seems so many folks love WWHOP on this board, I'm wondering if it has any appeal to those who don't care for the series. Is it wonderful because it's so faithful to HP, or is it wonderful because it's a great theme park experience?

Its my understanding that the the HP people came to Disney first, but Disney was only interested in doing a single ride not a land.

It also fits better in the existing land at US, they already had the dragon coasters.

Wanted to add that I guess the success of WWOHP changed Disney's mind about devoting an entire land to a movie aka Avatar.

Unofficial Guide said Universal approached Rowling about a show with the characters but she passed. Then she was in talks with Disney about a whole park. They realized how expensive it was going to be (she was very specific on what she wanted) and they passed. Then Universal approached her again and took her on a tour of IOA. She asked for/required the movie set designer to work on it.

Are any of the WWHOP fans NOT fans of HP? It seems so many folks love WWHOP on this board, I'm wondering if it has any appeal to those who don't care for the series. Is it wonderful because it's so faithful to HP, or is it wonderful because it's a great theme park experience?

Well I am a true HP fan. I love WWOHP not so much for the rides (there are only 3), but for the experience of being in the books. It all comes to life and the attention to detail rivals, if not surpasses, Disney! We didn't even do the Dragon Challenge ride. We did the hippogriff ride a few times and it was fine. Basically a Goofy Barnstormer type roller coaster. The Forbiddenn Journey ride is fantastic but the best part was walking through the castle in the line!

If you don't care for HP or really know the details of the books you probably won't "get" WWOHP IMO.

There's no way my kids would let us go to Orlando without seeing WWOHP. We ended up spending almost $500 just to go for ONE day! But like I said my kids would revolt if we didn't go, not to mention I also LOVE Harry Potter:rotfl:

The detail of WWOHP is AMAZING! It's so breathtaking! I think that's why some of the park is such a disappointment! Going from that, to their Marvel section is very... ehhh! (I'm surprised that they are still able to keep Marvel stuff there now that Disney owns it.)

I wish US & IOA was also part of Disney then I could have just added 2 days onto my MYW ticket at $8 a day for 5 of us instead of paying $115 per person times 5 ppl to go to US & IOA. 2 day base tickets 1 park per day. But my kids really wanted to see WWOHP so we added the 2 days on to go see US & IOA. Our last day before we leave will be IOA & WWOHP. Great way to end a 10 day dream vacation.

Just 2 more days!!!

I'm not a fan. The movies are cute but I haven't watched them all and not read the books. I don't dislike them, they just aren't great for me. But FJ is my favorite ride of any park. I'm also in love with the butter beer :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter