I Will NEVER Eat At _______ In WDW Again!!

My husband and I went in January 2013. My husband loved pretty much everything except Teppan Edo. He said it was bland, and we can't go again. We did have an excellent cook and waitress, but I think our local grill is better. Even then, it wasn't a horrible experience, just not great.

(My husband complains so little about food that when he does, I listen ;) )

I'm sure every restaurant will be showcased here....lol.

Anyway, my never again is Artist Point. We have previously had 2 bad experiences but decided to give it one more go. Bad decision.

We had lackluster service and really bad food. The plank salmon was bland, the buffalo was tougher and stringy, the mushroom soup was barely warm and just meh. It took 3 hours here and we were just DONE.

Never going back

I don't have any WDW restaurants that I hated so much, I would rather starve than eat there, but I do have a few that I just don't see the point of returning to.

With that in mind, Whispering Canyons Cafe is at the top of my list. We have been for breakfast and dinner & were disappointed with both. Breakfast skillet was gross & very poor quality. Dinner skillet (pre-menu change) was better. I thought the waiters were kinda dumb. & I thought it was it was really overpriced for the experience I got. Nothing particularly bad happened, I just felt sorta blah about the whole experience. & with the gross & cheapened (yet pricy) dinner menu chance, I feel no need to go back, unless it was my only option...... though if it were between WCC & the CS restaurant at WL (Roaring Forks?), I'd choose Roaring Forks in a heartbeat.

Let'sGoFlyAKite said:
I hate to say this but "Whispering Canyon".....It's CRAZY LOUD and after a day at the parks, I'd rather not be forced to scream every time someone needs ketchup, or get my kids up and down from the table for a hundred activities while my food gets cold!! It was a HUGE annoyance. The food was good, but the "shtick" was not!

We actually ate Thanksgiving dinner there many years ago..... Horrible atmosphere!! What was I thinking to book that?!

Hollywood & Vine for dinner...gave it two tries (should have stopped after the first try)

Whispering Canyon Café for dinner -- rude hostess, terrible waitress, horrible food (hubby got sick and we know it was the meat because I didn't eat any of it because I couldn't stand the smell of the stuff)

Boatwright's at POR-Riverside for dinner -- screwed up our beeper and we didn't get seated for over an hour...no apology; was way too loud with the food court right next door and the food was awful

Hollywood & Vine: (2x L&D) Both times food was cold, ice cream was warm. The waitstaff was good, but environment reminds me of a cafeteria. Certainly not worth the price.

Tonys: (D, 2x) Not enough menu choices if we can't eat seafood. What we did have took forever to come out and tasted like Ragu on rubber. Waitstaff kept 'forgetting' to pay attention to special allergy needs (severe issues with gluten and seafood)

T-Rex: (D 1x) waited over 1/2 hour at our table for server to come. Served my son ribs that were filled with shattered bones. Waiter never offered up an alternative for my son as by the time he decided to check on us it was a half hour later with bill in hand. Server claimed it was normal for them to be that way (wow, his mom would have been proud to hear him say that of her cooking) Asked to talk to the manager who never came. WAY overpriced. Rude staff.

O'Hana's for dinner: (D, 1x) After I asked that seafood not come near our table due to allergy reasons (on reservation, confirmed with both the seater and waiter), they kept bringing the shrimp to the table and hovering the allergen over the plates insisting we need it... Twice, even after I explained the medical issue with that! I don't think the servers here are taught to listen. Certainly information is not shared.
(* NOTE: breakfast at O'Hana has usually been great (4 visits!) with exception to one horrible waiter one trip who just didn't want to be there )

Chef Mickey dinner

I will never ever step foot in Chef Mickey again even it were the last place to ever see Mickey Mouse again :rotfl: How is that for dramatic?

The food was nasty and cold. The hostess was extremely rude. The server was also rude. It is the only place at Disney I was actually scolded because my 8 year old was eating off my plate. We paid for both our meals but the kid's food was cold and so I was letting her eat my plate. The server said that wasn't permitted. She stated kids had to eat off the kid section :confused3 Never heard that rule before and I was just sharing mashed potato with her.

My daughter still says Goofy must have made the food because she has never eaten cold meatballs before.

It was horrible. I will never do it again.

We will never eat at Shula's again. The food was mediocre at best and the waiter shamed me for being "cheap" and making my 4 year old and 12 year old share a 24 ounce steak! Half the steak was left at the end of the meal, so I obviously made the right choice. :headache:

For me it is Mama Melroses !! I tried it once solo and it was okay, so I booked the Fantasmic package there. The podium was swamped and the CMs had no control of people cutting and we waited 1 hour to check in and when afrer the hour we were seated anothe 30 minutes later , our waitor was attrocious ,the food was awful!! While it could well have been a VERY OFF night I know nothing would convince the family to ever go there again!!

For us it's Fulton's. DH was dying to go there for couple of years. I don't like seafood so I kept putting it off. Finally I booked it for our anniversary in Feb. It was terrible. Food way overpriced and his lobster was raw. My steak was just OK, nothing special. Dinner was $180.00 including tip and never again!

We were at Disney this Feburary and had made reservations in advance dinner based on another review we saw on the internet. The food was not very appealing for the price. We had eated two days before at Kona Cafe and felt for the price that Shutters did not stack up. The decor is limited and the feeling was that of a much cheaper resturant. The food was just ok.

Chef Mickey dinner

I will never ever step foot in Chef Mickey again even it were the last place to ever see Mickey Mouse again :rotfl: How is that for dramatic?

The food was nasty and cold. The hostess was extremely rude. The server was also rude. It is the only place at Disney I was actually scolded because my 8 year old was eating off my plate. We paid for both our meals but the kid's food was cold and so I was letting her eat my plate. The server said that wasn't permitted. She stated kids had to eat off the kid section :confused3 Never heard that rule before and I was just sharing mashed potato with her.

My daughter still says Goofy must have made the food because she has never eaten cold meatballs before.

What??:furious: That would have made me flaming mad!! Never heard of that one either. IMHO I think CM is one of the most over-priced and over-rated restaurants in all of WDW. If they didn't have the amount of characters there it wouldn't be nearly as popular nor would they be able to justify that extremely elevated, rip-off pricing. :sad2:

The only bad food we encountered on our trips was due to human tastes . My dad got tempura chicken in Japan's sit down restaurant but one he hates chicken and its meant to be enjoyed with the dipping sauces which he didn't eat why my red meat loving father didn't get Kobe beef was beyond me. Another I can think of was at the maya grill the dish my mom ordered wasn't bad but she didn't like it mom being mom was content not to say anything and grab something later our waiter saw she wasn't eating and asked her what was wrong she said nothing she just didn't like it he told her then she needed to pick something else to eat instead because they wanted her to be happy with her food :). As for bad service if I stopped going to everyplace I have had poor service I'd just be home cooking for myself everyone has a bad day

Chef Mickey dinner

That all sounds horrible and extremely odd! We LOVED CM when we were there last October. The food was great, our three year old boys ate whatever they wanted (we filled their plates from all sections and no one batted an eye. I actually usually avoid the "kiddie" section) and the character interaction was fabulous.

I agree that given enough time, every restaurant will appear in this thread simply because no where can be great every time. It would be nice if they could, especially given the prices, but it simply isn't possible. Servers have bad days, buffets are re-filled at different times (if you come just before they are going to restock, the food will not be hot) and not every chef is as good as the next.

Sadly there are soooo many now. :worried: I think the quality has gone way down...in the past 5 or so years. It is hard to find places that when I leave I say I have thoroughly enjoyed. I dont' like Crystal Palace anymore....for breakfast or dinner. I think it is over priced and just not worth it anymore.

The jury is still out on Chef Mickeys....had Thanksgiving dinner there in 2009 and it was just OKAY. Not worth the money. Have eaten the breakfast buffet a few times and it was good but really not worth the cost...still very over priced and LOTS OF CRAZINESS. Tried Garden Grill AGAIN ...this past summer....BLECH!! Didn't enjoy that one either. Tried Tony's again in MK..had been a good 15 years since eating there...it was JUST OKAY. Probably could go another 15 years without trying it again.

Have not eaten at Pinocchio's in ages. Checked that off our list years ago. Unfortunately MK LACKS FOR GOOD TS and CS anymore. We usually like Liberty Tree for lunch but that is hit and miss anymore too but that is where we usually end up eating on a MK day. We end up at Pecos at least one...again.....just okay.

HS has the worst offerings for TS and CS. I mean the CS is really really bad in my opinion. We have tried Mama Melrose about three times and it was pretty good. Prime Time...hit and miss but the last time..we ate there for lunch this past summer and it was fine.

I agree about HS. Bad QS choices. So-so TS choices (nothing worth visiting twice). We usually eat at Pizza Planet because you can't go wrong with kids & pizza. This year when at HS, we are leaving the park to eat then coming back. It's a way for us to try something new but we will spend more time away from the park.

For my family, it was Mama Melrose, again being of Italian Descent might be a factor here. It was inedible for me and my pasta loving daughter said hers was terrible. I was starving when I left there!

The only other place that I wouldn't dine again was Cinderella's Royal Table. All of the food was cold and bland.

The bottom line with Disney restaurants is that if you are used to eating at decent restaurants back home, then most Disney restaurants are nothing to write home about.

I have to agree – I have been disappointed one too many times and given Disney one too many chances – I am done with Disney TS for the most part

It's too bad - there was a time when the food was actually quite good - now for the most part it is on par with most chains

To be fair though - I still think that when it comes to QS there are many options that are above average

It's hard to say that we would never again eat at any of the restaurants we've tried, since we didn't get food poisoning. But...our last trip was kind of an eye-opener. I never got around to doing a dining review, but Artist Point was the last signature restaurant we needed to try, and it was a big disappointment (the service wasn't great, and I remember the coffee looked like iced tea). Also, Jiko, which had been amazing the first time we went, was the opposite the second time. That experience kind of makes me think that any restaurant can have a bad night, so it would take at least two bad experiences before I would draw the line.

I never say never... but... Whispering Canyon Cafe is a no-go. Terrible service, terrible food, and the atmosphere was just not our style.

And unless I start reading more good reviews than bad, Le Cellier. We used to love it, but it's been going downhill. Definitely not worth two TS credits. It makes me sad to have to say goodbye to that old friend.

I was very ehh on Crystal Palace as well. For a character dining buffet, I'd rather go to Chef Mickey's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter