I Will NEVER Eat At _______ In WDW Again!!

We won't do Rose and Crown again, but more for where we were stuck- between the bar door and ill behaved children (and yes, I have 2 who would have been removed quickly if the acted like that). Our server was more concerned with the large table than us, took forever to get our food and generally was bad. Luckily the food was good and the manager lovely. We were offered free dessert (but we were on the DDP) after the drunks from the bar knocked into my daughter and the bar overflowed into the restaurant due to a thunderstorm.
I think that most of the restaurants have good days and bad, we have had great meals at places that are supposed to be bad and meh at "good" places. We love CM breakfast, had an amazing dinner at Artist Point, a great salad at ABC Com., great food at Kona Cafe and the Grand Floridan Cafe.

will not eat at any place that serve food that swims...the smell is gross ...wont sit in any restaurant that has that wrank odor..i want my food cooked not raw.(sushi so wrong) can we say salmonella..that would include a few restaurants so wont list them all

Fish used for sushi is sushi grade. It is frozen cold enough to kill bacteria so you can't lump all sushi together. I love sushi and so do my children.

Seems like the consensus for bad restaurants is primarily:
Chef Mickey's
Mama Melrose
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Tony's

Yup, I noticed that as well. When the majority agree that the restaurant is terrible, I tend to listen. But I have been to those places, and ya, theyre pretty bad!
Chef Mickey's
Mama Melrose
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Tony's

I will NEVER again eat at these places:

- TONY'S (worst restaurant in Disney 100%!)
- Ohana's dinner
-1900 PF dinner
- Chef Mickeys

For me it is Mama Melroses !! I tried it once solo and it was okay, so I booked the Fantasmic package there. The podium was swamped and the CMs had no control of people cutting and we waited 1 hour to check in and when afrer the hour we were seated anothe 30 minutes later , our waitor was attrocious ,the food was awful!! While it could well have been a VERY OFF night I know nothing would convince the family to ever go there again!!

AGREE!! Our food was horrible as well, the waiter was extremely rude, and the price was awful.

momofkids said:
Chef Mickey's
Mama Melrose
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Tony's

I would add Hollywood and Vine to that list. It has a pretty high number of votes

I am surprised by some of the experiences I've seen posted here. I've eaten at some of these places and had the total opposite experience. Like a PP said, any restaurant can have a bad night/day, so I tend to not make statement like "Never again" unless I have good reason.

So for us, the only restaurant that falls into that category is the Rainforest Cafe. We stayed away from it after a bad experience, but then gave it a second chance a few years later, and it was worse than we remembered. So that's our "Never Again!" restaurant.

Wolf Gang suck (oh I mean Puck)

It took ages for us to get our food. So long that my daughter left and went shopping while waiting. Actually several people did this. Our food was cold by the time we got it. We skipped dessert because dinner had already taken 2.5hrs.

Oh and this was in Sept/Oct and the restaurant was practilly empty. Their were a whole bunch of servers just standing around chatting.

Whispering Canyon Cafe. The quality of the meal was disappointing, but loved the atmosphere. But for the price, the quality of the food should have been much better.

It took ages for us to get our food. So long that my daughter left and went shopping while waiting. Actually several people did this. Our food was cold by the time we got it. We skipped dessert because dinner had already taken 2.5hrs.

Oh and this was in Sept/Oct and the restaurant was practilly empty. Their were a whole bunch of servers just standing around chatting.

Just curious, but did you speak to a manager or anyone about the last of service and the long wait? If so, what did they say?

Just curious, but did you speak to a manager or anyone about the last of service and the long wait? If so, what did they say?

I can tell you right now, sometimes I get horrible service or subpar food and after waiting 2 1/2 - 3 hours I'm just done. I want to go. I don't need extra food credits and I don't want the hassle of dealing with complaining (sometimes). I'm just DONE. Maybe she feels the same way.

We didn't ask to speak to a manager but the people at the next table did and they were told he wasn't there. Not sure whether that is true or not.

I can tell you right now, sometimes I get horrible service or subpar food and after waiting 2 1/2 - 3 hours I'm just done. I want to go. I don't need extra food credits and I don't want the hassle of dealing with complaining (sometimes). I'm just DONE. Maybe she feels the same way.

Oh we were definately done. We had three children with us and wanted warm good food not waiting hours for cold food. My daughter and the lady at the next table both went shopping while the rest of us waited. (we didn't know the people at the next table). I am exceptionally patient with servers having been a waitress but this was insain. We didn't even have drinks for 1/2 hour after ordering them. During a slow service and most of the servers just standing around.

:(It's not that Via Napoli was very, very bad (hardly any dining/meals I've had at WDW qualifies in that category)...but I would not go there again because it is not worth the money in my opinion. Maybe it's because I dined there very soon after it opened, so they could have still been finding their rhythm and getting some kinks worked out, but I ordered a pizza with truffle oil. I could not savor the taste of that oil, but that's just a personal thing. My sister got the margherita pizza I think, and I felt both pizzas were underwhelming and even burnt. There was nothing very special about it.
:(

Big River Grill and Brewery. I was with my sisters and they vetoed, many of the ADR's I made. They saw this place and we went, and got a table outside. I was surprised the food wasn't bad. My dh flew in a few days later and I convinced him to give it a try. We had a coupon for a Buy one get one free meal. We sat inside this time. I wanted to gag the minute we walked in. The place smelled like dirty wet socks. I wanted to go back outside, but it was 90 and too hot to be eating outside. I don't even remember what we had, I just wanted to get out of there as fast as we could. I think I held my napkin over my nose the whole time.

Ohana' had a rotten waiter with ADR's, almost begging for drinks and our food, felt like we were at the bottom of the food chain, everyone around us were always eating and drinking. The seater walked by us and asked us how things were and we said, it would be better if we had some drinks or food. When our waiter finally started bringing food, it was cold, wilted salad and bread. We had to ask for meat, while everyone was starting with their desserts. A year later I convinced my dh to do a walk up at Ohanas' and a totally different experience. Had a waitress that was excellent and she knew we were seated later than, the rest, but she was very attentive and we had excellent food. Everything was hot and fresh.

The last 2 times I ate at Casey's on Mainstreet I regretted it. It was like they didn't even cook the hotdogs and the bread was stale

Thank you to all who took the time to post. I am soooo sad to see the poor reviews for CM. We have been going to WDW with our kids for 20+ years and that restaurant was always our "go to" for decent food but primarily the character interaction. We have a ADR for breakfast there during our upcoming trip but will need to rethink it due to the hugh amount of negative reviews. I will have to start a new thread about breakfast/character meals that are still worth the time/money.

San Angel Inn...I wouldn't call what we were served, food. It was so inedible...just gross! Chef Mickey's is another NEVER again which really saddens me to say b/c it was always a must do for us but after 3 attempts, you just can't blame it on a bad night.

Our first trip to WDW was when the kids were little, back in 2001, we arrived late on a Sunday afternoon and - get this - called in a last-minute reservation to Chef Mickey's, .

We went the same year for dinner (Nov 2001). Almost everyone on this board was saying how good it was.:confused3 It was our worse meal at WDW and we were there for 15 nights. I thought maybe there was something wrong with us! Maybe those that did not like it were afraid to say so since everyone else seemed to love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter