I was too emotional to ask at the time so can we keep flames to a minimum

Gee thanks for the medical lesson. Please know the person you are talking to. Sometimes talking in simple terms while not semantically correct get the message across o_Oo_O

But if being medically correct is more important than support- go for it

I did not see anything wrong with what he posted. It was informative and I'm pretty sure she understood it. I'm more annoyed by the fact you think she couldn't.

Hi Tink,

Call on Tuesday and talk to the nurse. The antibiotic will take a day or two to leave your system so a gap of a day or 2 is nothing to panic about. If your symptoms aren't gone, though, you should go back.

Did they already culture your urine sample so the best antibiotic can be used?

Make sure you're drinking lots of water.

Hang in there.

I did not see anything wrong with what he posted. It was informative and I'm pretty sure she understood it. I'm more annoyed by the fact you think she couldn't.

I am not sure if this is what you are saying if it is thank you I understand adult terminology I just can't spell it that is why my post come out the way they do

Thanks everyone for your replies

So well the pills work vrs the juice then if it's that bad I would rather do the pill I think I have some

Tink - get the 100% non apple juice based/no sugar added cranberry juice and drink some maybe just as a general supplement to your diet? If you don't love the taste (I do, so it's not a hardship to have 6-8 oz. a day) add some sheltzer water or sprite/sprite zero. Worst case - you get another serving of fruit, best case, it helps with your problems.

I hope you start feeling better!

Yup. I have some now (because I messed up when buying it). I've found about 3 parts juice and 1 part ginger ale (or a little heavier on the juice) is good. But I'm not drinking it for for UTI. Ironically, I bought the juice to dissolve a drug I needed to take (that I was told to crush in juice and warned that it could be bitter). Didn't realise what I had bought until I was taking the drug - well, I guess it *did* mask the bitter drug :)

I find vodka works well also..... lol. I love real cranberry juice

Op look into a woman's multi vitamin or probiotic that has cranberry and d mannose. D mannose is something that is very good for your urinary track. Also as somebody that is also prone to Urinary tract infections, drink plenty of water every day. If you feel like you might be getting an infection then drink a little more than usual to help flush it out. I see a Urogynocologist now because if my issues. This is what I take and it helps quite a bit. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MVYY3C4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I went almost two years with no UTI and as soon as I started Chemo for breast cancer and my immune systems hit the dirt all hell broke loose and I seemed to get everything lol. Had yeast infections, uti's, pneumonia(4 days in the hospital) and double pink eye...lol.

For anyone who gets UTI's please read the following article. I actually know a friend of a friend who has been in the hospital for months, paralyzed from taking ciprofloxacin. I have anaphylactic response to cipro which is totally separate from these side effects that the FDA is warning about. Just recently I have learned of the dangerous side effects of this family of antibiotic.

I'm allergic to tons of medications but the warning isn't about an allergy to the drug.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/class-...rning-due-to-dangerous-side-effects-says-fda/

Op look into a woman's multi vitamin or probiotic that has cranberry and d mannose. D mannose is something that is very good for your urinary track. Also as somebody that is also prone to Urinary tract infections, drink plenty of water every day. If you feel like you might be getting an infection then drink a little more than usual to help flush it out. I see a Urogynocologist now because if my issues. This is what I take and it helps quite a bit. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MVYY3C4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I went almost two years with no UTI and as soon as I started Chemo for breast cancer and my immune systems hit the dirt all hell broke loose and I seemed to get everything lol. Had yeast infections, uti's, pneumonia(4 days in the hospital) and double pink eye...lol.

So a woman's multi vitamin and cranberry pill

Tink please talk to someone with a real medical background about your condition. Each person is different. Nobody telling you about supplements, herbal remedies and juices to drink knows what medications you are on and more importantly if taking one with another could cause side effects or something. Wait and call your Nurse Practitioner on Tuesday. If you feel bad go back to urgent care or ER and don't feel like you are being a bother.

People are trying to be helpful but their good intentions could jeopardize your health. Please talk to a medical professional! Don't rely on XYZ on disboards for medical advice.

Tink please talk to someone with a real medical background about your condition. Each person is different. Nobody telling you about supplements, herbal remedies and juices to drink knows what medications you are on and more importantly if taking one with another could cause side effects or something. Wait and call your Nurse Practitioner on Tuesday. If you feel bad go back to urgent care or ER and don't feel like you are being a bother.

People are trying to be helpful but their good intentions could jeopardize your health. Please talk to a medical professional! Don't rely on XYZ on disboards for medical advice.

Thanks for all the prayers we are not buying anything today we are going to wait and see what the doctor says

:hug: Just wanted to give you a hug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter