I was right, I can't wait! A Sept/Oct PTR

Which parks should we see (besides MK)??

• 1 day Epcot, 1 day AK

• 1 day Epcot, 1 day DHS

• 1 day AK, 1 day DHS

• spend $54 on PH option and squeeze in all 3

Results are only viewable after voting.
So I decided to wait until we get there to add the PH. That way if it looks like the weather is going to be bad or tricky, or if my financial situation seems like the extra $54 would mean we can't get any souvenirs, then we will forget about that and just do Epcot and I thin DHS. I've been promising Jack he can see Buzz and Woody and Lightning McQueen, so DHS is necessary! Hopefully the extra $54 won't break the bank, and we can do it all!

Since I have been off the past 2 days, I have been busily working on projects for our trip! On Thursday I got Jack's MNSSHP autograph book finished and bound, and I got our "We're headed to WDW" shirts made (iron on transfers). Friday we went to the zoo and Jack walked the whole time, plus we stayed for 3 hours compared to our ususal 1 (we have passes so we ususally just go look at a few animals, ride the carousel and call it a day)! He did pretty well, but I already knew he would need his stroller in Disney. My plan is to park it in an area, like Fantasyland, and walk to all the rides there, then move onto the next area in the stroller etc... Friday afternoon I recieved MICKEY MAIL!!! It was my vouchers etc for our package and our fancy luggage tags. I finished our folders for our trip, and also managed to get all of our September stuff together in one place, alongside our luggage. Friday night I attempted to make Jack's tiger shirt... I was going to tye dye it, but none of the kits contained both of the colors i needed, and I only want to make 1 shirt, so I wasn't going to buy 2 kits. I saw some fabric spray paint and it was the same price as the individual dyes, so I got black and orange. I tried them out yesterday... and let's just say it's a good thing I got a 5 pack of white shirts! :lmao: The striped are just too wide! The spray is pretty wide and uncontrollable. I'm going to try diagonal stripes on the back of the first shirt. If that doesn't work out, I'm going to spray the seconf one all orange and then make come cardboard stencils for the black stripes. At this point it probably would have been cheaper to just buy him an Animal Kingdom shirt... I seem to have become overconfident in my craftiness, lol.

Today my mom and I went shopping to hit up some sales for fall clothes for Jack. He really didn't need much, but we did stop by the Disney store, and I got him the Halloween PJ's for our trip, and Mickey and Friends PJ's for our December trip (they were 2 for $22) I am so ready to get out of town for this trip! Plus I heard the the fall decorations have gone up at WDW so it feels really close! I have always considered Sept 1st as my first day of fall (it's the first day I allow myself to have a pumpkin spice beverage from Starbucks) and evidently WDW feels the same way! Plus the weather here was cooler so it helps set the tone! 24 more days!

My responses are in Red below in your quotes!

Ok, after much thought, careful evaluation of the facts, and conversations with my parents, here it is... my new and different itinerary.

Tuesday September 28th
Arrive at MCO at 11:05 am

Side note: I have finally decided about my luggage!!! Based on our new plans, I am wanting to bring pop tarts and muffins for breakfast in our room. This coupled with the fact that Jack will most likely NOT be potty-trained by the time we leave :sad2: I need the extra space a suitcase will give me. Therefore, I will be checking my suitcase as well as DS's and my backpack, and carrying on DS's backpack and my Vera carryon. That way I have enough room for our swim and party gear.

Good choice! Maybe not for this trip since you are on a tighter budget, but possibly a suggestion for next trip...I ordered from Garden Grocer & they had food/diapers/bottled water/wet wipes/etc all delivered to the room when we arrived (actually they had it "stored" for us at Bell Services & they brought it to our room for us). It was very convenient because I didn't have to waste an entire suitcase just on diapers & snacks. I think I have a list somewhere on my PTR of what all I ordered, but basically it was fruit snacks, granola bars, diapers & wet wipes, cereal, and bottled water.

I know what you mean about worrying about your Vera getting ruined! The way they (at the airport) throw the luggage around is craaazy!!! :sad2:

September 29th~ Wednesday

This is the big day of changes. After trying to decide which park to do, and talking to my parents, I decided to upgrade to a park hopper. I know, I know, it sounds crazy right?? 3 parks in 2 days? with a 2 year old?! :scared1:
But I really wanted him to get to see DHS for all the Cars and Toy Story stuff, and AK for the Animals.

I think this decision was great!!! I really think your son will enjoy both DHS and AK. I understand your thinking because I went through the same exact thing! I even told my husband on the day we were going to DHS that we'd probably only be there a few hours at most because our son wouldn't be able to do anything there. I told him it was geared more towards teenagers/adults. BOY WAS I WRONG! LOL Our son ended up LOVING the park. There was way more there for him to do that I originally thought. We saw the Playhouse Disney Live show (which I recommend if your son watches Pooh, Manny, Mickey Mouse, or Little Einsteins). He also loved seeing Lightning McQueen & Mater (although he was scared at first). We didn't see the Toy Story characters, but I suggest going to the Animation Building & trying to ride TS Mania if you can! I'll look through my trip notes & see what else I can suggest for DHS!

He will only be able to ride a couple things at AK, and he probably won't be willing to sit through both FOTLK and Nemo shows, so we wil probably only be spending 3 hours at AK anyways. I could stretch it out longer, but to be honest, it's not one of my favorite parks. At Epcot, he will be able to ride a few rides in Future World, but not a ton, so we won't need much time there either. So this is the plan...

I agree! We weren't able to ride much at AK but our son loved just wondering around. We did ride the Kilimajaro Safari & saw the Its a Bugs Life 3D show, but other than that, our AK day was sort of like our "relaxation day."

We honestly spent most of the day just walking the trails. Our son was in his stroller part of the time & the other half of the time we just let him walk around (because there weren't many people on the trail when we were). He really loved seeing the animals (like the Tigers, Gorillas, birds, etc) on the trail (we knew he would because he loves the zoo & animal park near where we live!).

We didn't sit through the shows so I can't suggest anything there, but I have heard other people say their toddlers could sit through it...mine, I know he couldn't so we didn't even try! Every child is different so I'd just use your best judgement.

We forgot to play in the Boneyard because it was just too hot & humid that day, but we will definitely stop by next trip!

At Epcot we will do Spaceship Earth, Nemo, Imagination, and check out Innoventions, and possibly Ellen's Energy Adventure, though he is really a little young for that. Then we will head over to the World Showcase. I think he will love the music and atmosphere there, last time we were there he would get out of his stroller and dance in the middle of the walkways :lmao: We will try and stick it out for Illuminations, but if he can't hang around that long we will call it a night.

Those are good choices for Future World! We did the same ones. If you have a Disney Visa, make sure to check out the Innoventions greeting area...I couldn't find it but I can try to ask someone for you if you're interested. Its from 1:30-4:30pm everyday & all you do is show them your Disney Visa & you can meet the characters. I guess its a private room so you'd be in there with your son & the characters! That would be neat! They give you one free 5x7 and then you can add the pics to your Photopass card (and have the photog take pics on your camera as well!) Just another suggestion!

As far as Ellen's Energy Adventure, our son actually enjoyed it. He wasn't overly thrilled with it, but he liked having a break in a nice cool room where he could sit down for awhile! lol He loved Figment!!! If you have time, let your son run through the fountains as well. As I'm sure you saw from my TR, our son wouldn't run through them but he liked watching the other kids! I think all kids love Nemo!!!

There is so much to see at World Showcase! I hope you get to see all the characters there & also the performers! Our son really loves music & likes dancing so he enjoyed all the ones we saw! I'll try to look through my pictures & see if the times are posted, but it might change for the fall???

So basically, I cut out all of our TS meals to pay for the ticket upgrade. Jack's a chicken nugget and french fries kidn of kid, so CS meals are going to be fine.

I know what you mean. Our son prefers french fries & chicken nuggets over anything else! (He really loved the chicken nugget bucket at OPR!) There are TONS of great CS choices at Epcot! I think too many to pick just one or two!

Ok, here are my thoughts on CS meals...

MNSSHP: I have heard a lot of good things about Columbia Harbor House at MK, so I am going to plan on eating there before the party starts. It's a good location, close to Haunted Mansion, which is where I want to start our evening.

Never ate there, but have it on my list for next trip because I've heard so many good things on DIS about it!!

Animal Kingdom: I have no clue for what we will eat here. Should I just wait till we get to Epcot and eat twice there?

I would suggest Restaurantosaurus if you do decide to eat at AK. I think our son got french fries & something else here. For all 3 of us to get meals, it would've only cost $31 (we used 3 meals from our dining plan but I kept track of how much each meal cost anyway!). We ate lunch at Pizzafari (I HATE Disney pizza by the way!) and we would've spent over $50 for the 3 of us to get meals & our son ate a pizza! Restaurantosaurus' food was much much better & we got way more for the money (and it was cheaper!)

However I would suggest waiting until Epcot because there are so many choices there for CS!

Epcot: I feel liek the options her eare overwhelming! I might want to eat at Mexico, or Germany, or Sunshine Seasons... I really think we might need to eat twice here...

Yes, too many options! Always my problem at Epcot! Next trip, I'm planning to get park hoppers so we can just go to Epcot & eat most days! lol

We ate at the Fish & Chips place at the UK. It was very good (our son loves fish though). I also recommend Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion. We ate at Mexico CS last trip & it was sooo good! We skipped it this trip but will be going to the new restaurant next trip! I think last trip we got 2 trays of food in Mexico and our bill was under $20 which is awesome!

DHS: I am pretty sure we will eat at Pizza Planet for lunch, and then back to POP for a nap and then dinner before headign back to DHS for Fantasmic.

Those are my thoughts... for now... and we all know how often I change my mind :lmao:

All I can say at DHS is don't eat at the CS place right beside the HISTK playarea! Our son got nuggets & fries there so he was a happy camper, but my husband and I couldn't find anything to eat. We ended up eating at ABC Commissary which I recommend if you like fish or burgers.

If you aren't extremely hungry, stop by Starring Rolls Cafe and grab a chocolate croissant...YUM!!! (I think it costs around $3 if I remember correctly!)

I also ordered Jack some of the flip flops for toddlers with the straps across the back. I got him a pair with skulls to wear for MNSSHP with his pirate costume and a pair of black with white hibiscus flower outlines (think hawaiian print). His regular sandals are pretty much all too small with his little toes starting to hang over the ends, so I thought these would be helpful.

I LOVE those sandals! You know, I bought my son 2 pairs...an orange pair and a green pair at the beginning of the summer. I got them for $2.50 a piece on sale & I have had sooo many people ask me where I got them! I think every single time we go anywhere people ask or tell me they have the same pair for their son! I think it makes it easy for them to walk in too since they have the strap on the back. My son loves them!

I will post pics later, but I got most of it in the dollar section at Target and most of it is Toy Story related. I also have 4 glow sticks and a pack of 5 glo bracelets, so I think we will be set for MNSSHP.

Don't you just love the $1 section at Target?!? I shop there for every single holiday! I love buying my nieces, nephews, and son things for their Easter baskets, Halloween treat bags, and Christmas stockings there! And they ALWAYS have Disney stuff!!! Gotta love it!!!

The glow sticks are great! I bought them for our trip for days when we stayed late at the parks (they are ridiculously priced at the parks if you buy them there!) but somehow I managed to forget them at home!

My plan is to take plenty of snacks and put them in a drawer and each morning fill up a paper sack with Jack's snacks for the day and that way he can eat whatever he wants, and it will all be stuff I know he likes!

That's a really good idea. As I said, I had plenty of snack items in my carry-on bag and also ordered from Garden Grocer. I took snacks everyday & it really helps if you're waiting in a long line or if your son gets hungry mid-day & you don't want to stop to buy something. There were times we paid OOP for a snack and it was close to $5-8 just for one snack!

Jack's surgery was perfect! He is recovering very well, the doctor says all eh needs is Children's Tylenol, nothing stronger, and he will be fine! He did pretty well once we got home, I was trying to keep him still, but it wasn't so successful, but he is really tired so I think he will be taking a nice long nap! We won't have any results fromt eh biopsy for a week or so, but at least this part went smoothly! Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes, it means a lot to have a community like DIS where people are so kind and compassionate! :love:

I'm soooo glad that Jack's surgery went well! I have been soooo far behind on my subscriptions, I'm so sorry I didn't know about it before it happened! I will keep him in my thoughts & prayers!

So in 2 weeks my awesome schedule changes until they can find someone to replace her and I will have to go back to working 2 overnights and 3 3-11 shifts each week. I am NOT happy, but I am hoping they have someone hired by the week I leave for Disney so that when I get back everything is back to normal. I can do the icky schedule for 2 weeks, but no more after that.

I completely know what you mean! I used to work for a company that had weekly meetings...at EACH meeting, they would change the schedule & all the departments around. It was crazy! We started keeping our desk supplies in a box on our desk...there was no reason to organize our desk when we'd just be moving to a new location within a few weeks! It was horrible! I loved the company & the people I worked with, but the scheduling was ridiculous! I eventually moved on to a new company with a better schedule. I really hope you can find something!

First of, what is the plural of crisis? :lmao:

First, I got hom last night and my dad had a stack of my mail that had gotten mixed in with other papers and included was my ME mail! He wasn't sure when it came, but at least it saves me a phone call, and gave me somehting to boost my spirits last night!

Yippee for ME mail!!! Last trip I didn't even get our ME tags and I was soooo stressed! But I've heard a simple phone call usually takes care of it! Glad your dad found them so you didn't have to worry!!!

Secondly, my schedule is probably saved! My days off will probably change for a few weeks, but I shouldn't have to go to overnights! :worship: Thank goodness because I am not cut out for that. It was miserable for the 10 months I was on it before! I am still starting to investigate other employment opportunities, but now I think I will try to find something to start in January...

So glad to hear about your work situation! Sounds a little bit better than working nights! It never hurts to look around for other opportunities!

Third, the doctors office called and it looks like everything is fine with Jack The nurse didn't have a lot of info, but we will be there on Thursday for his post-op appt, so we will get more details then!

So glad for Jack!!! :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more about your trip...its not very far away!!!

Today I managed to get Jack an appt at the Harmony Barbershop for 4 pm on our MNSSHP day... The problem is we can't get into the park till 4, so we will probably be a few minutes late... but the couldn't get anything later. I figure we will give it a shot! He REALLY needs a haircut before that, so I will probably at least have to trim up the front so he can see :lmao:

Wow! Only 6 days!! (I just realized my ticker is off... I think I originally planned my trip for the 27th! Oh well, my vacation technically starts Monday anyways!) I have gotten distracted from the boards lately, but you will be happy to know that I am all ready for our trip!! My bags are 99%packed, I just need to buy snacks and add more $ onto our Disney card, and then I will be ready to go! I did ende up makign some itinerary changes, and decided to drop the park hoppers in favor of 1 DHS day and 1 Epcot day. I just didn't want to feel liek we had to rush from park to park to get our money's worth! This way we can get a trip in to DTD to the place where they sell Mr. Potato Head parts (Jack got one yesterday and has become very attached) and we can sleep in and get plenty of pool time as well. I also canceled the barbershop appt, because we were going to be at least 5 minutes late, and he really needed a haricut sooner than that, so we did that Monday. I also canceled out Biergarten ressie so that we could be more flexible on when/where we eat. There were still tons of ressies available, so I figure if we change our minds, we will just try to get a walk up! My mood for this trip is completely a go with the flow attitude, just time for me and Jack to relax and have fun. I did buy our MNSSHP because that is what I am looking forward to the most! Jack tried on his costume the other day and didn't want to take it off! I did all our laundry and bought most of our stuff for our trip already (I wasn't sure if I was going to have to work on Monday, so just in case I wanted almost everything to be ready) but now I have Monday off, so I have the day before our trip to do last minute shopping, paint my nails, and most importantly, GO TO BED EARLY (our flight leaves at 6:30 am the next day). It's so close I can taste it! Just a reminder (and a shameless plug) I will be doing live twitter updates, and facebook updates as well!

Yay! It sounds like you guys are going to have a great trip! I can't believe it's almost here! :yay: That's awesome that you have the day before you leave off. I've got two days off before I leave, which I'm really glad of.

What color are you gonna paint your nails? :teeth:

I am such a bad Diser! I have totally been slacking off! I did buy my MNSSHP ticket, and I am actually considering springing for a second one on the 30th if we miss out on too much the first go around. If not we will probably see Fantasmic at DHS, but I am kinda hoping for a second turn at the party... I am packed and ready to go minus a few things like Jacks tennis shoes and my cell phone charger. I just have one more night of work to get through!!

Dana~ I am painting my nails a dark sparkly purple... it actually looks black unless its viewed in sunlight. I'm dying my hair too...

You're leaving tomorrow! Yay!! :yay: I finally got around to adding you on twitter so I could get your updates while you're at the park. :)

3 more hours of work and then I am officially on vacation!!! I am not leaving till Tuesday, but I have a day to "unwind" before we leave, and get all those last minute things done! I have to be up early to check in for our flight...

Well, still, a free day before vacation sounds awesome! I have two days free before I leave, so I'm really looking forward to that :goodvibes

I can't wait to see your Twitter updates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter