I was right, I can't wait! A Sept/Oct PTR

Which parks should we see (besides MK)??

• 1 day Epcot, 1 day AK

• 1 day Epcot, 1 day DHS

• 1 day AK, 1 day DHS

• spend $54 on PH option and squeeze in all 3

Results are only viewable after voting.

stephielela

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone! So I was in the midst of (obsessivly) planning my family's upcoming December trip to the world when I started to play with the numbers. :surfweb: See, we are going Dec. 16-22nd as our Family Christmas trip, which I am super stoked about (PTR link below- I think)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2389146

So I was looking at what the cheapest ticket options were... should I add the "no expiration option" and get a 10 day park hopper? Well, it turns out that even cheaper than that would be the basic Annual Pass. Once that realization hit me, the flood gates opened! AP?? That last's a year! My son won't turn 3 till April 2011, so that is a loooooong time that we could enjoy the parks before I have to pay for him to go! :idea: This coupled with the fact that my BFF and I take a trip every fall with my DS, and our plans to go to Southern California were starting to get too pricey led me to the only obvious conclusion... scratch California and spend 4 days at Disney with the AP that I would need anyways, see the MNSSHP I've been dying to check out, and the way it looks right now, a free dining offer is on the horizon. Not to mention the prices are dramatically lower than for our December trip, so this is just common sense!

So it's settled, we are heading to Pop Century for 3 nights, 9/28-10/1! :woohoo: Since I have reason to believe the free QSDP is going to be offered, (not to mention I will be back 2 months later with the whole family, and 2.5 weeks after that by myself), this is going to be my first "relaxed" trip to the world... ever... :goodvibes

Usually when we go, I get all caught up in the planning frenzy, and every detail needs to be thought of. If you don't believe me, look at the Dec PTR starting date :rotfl: This time, all i care about doing is MNSSHP, since halloween is my FAVEORITE holiday and always has been. I am just so excited about the decorations and souvenirs and the party itself, I barely care about riding anything! Ok, that might be a bit extreme, but still, I am determined to have a "new" Disney experience, one that doesn't require 4 ADR's per day and being present at each and every rope drop ceremony. I'm not even sure we will make it to all 4 parks! But I do know it will be fun!

I'm trying to come up with the QS places that I know to be good, that way when the time comes to decide where to eat, our options will be narrowed down at least...

I know I like Columbia Harbor House in MK, and despite it's bad reputation, i heart Pizza Planet at DHS... I'm sure we will eat at POP once or twice (tye-dyed cheesecake- my fave!) but other than that... I don't know! Any suggestions?

Following along! :) If I had the money, I'd so be taking a quick weekend trip around September or October because that's one of my favorite times to be down there, but I just can't afford it.

At Epcot, Sunshine Seasons is good, but I also like Electric Umbrella. At DAK, I like Restaurantosaurus and have heard good things about Yak & Yeti's QS kiosk. :)

Welcome!!! I'm actually looking forward to having a different kind of trip this year, more laid back, less "fine dining" (translation= cheaper) I'm glad this trip is turning out to be pretty affordable, the worst part is going to be the airfare, and at least it's cheaper than flying to Cali!

Welcome!!! I'm actually looking forward to having a different kind of trip this year, more laid back, less "fine dining" (translation= cheaper) I'm glad this trip is turning out to be pretty affordable, the worst part is going to be the airfare, and at least it's cheaper than flying to Cali!

Honestly, our trip is going to be a bit of the opposite, but that's exactly why I'm looking forward to it :lmao: I've had so many "relaxing" days at WDW, and I've only been to ONE table service restaurant in all the time I worked there, mainly because I was usually alone, so it'll be nice to have people to run around and eat at TS places with :goodvibes

Yeah, I didn't "discover" the quality dining at Disney until I went for spring break my senior year og college in '06. My friend and I got the dining plan, (back when it included app, entree, dessert AND 18% gratuity) and we tried all these places I had never had the chance to eat at before. Since then, I'm hooked! We have a ton of ressies planned for Dec though, so I'm down with sticking with CS in the fall.

I knew about it, I just never had the chance to go. Disney doesn't exactly pay CP's a whole lot of money :rotfl: But yeah, that's why we're doing the DxDP when we go :teeth: We'd never have the money to eat at all the places we've got planned if we paid OOP; probably only one, maybe two, and definitely not Narcoossee's or CRT. If I do decide to take a quick weekend trip in the fall, I'm just doing QSDP, though, because I'll likely be by myself.

Well, I bit the bullet and bought our plane tickets today!! :scared1:

I pretty much only fly Southwest, their fares seem to be the cheapest, especially if I am going to be checking bags, and I have never had a problem with them. Usually I book my flights, and as the price goes down, I rebook and get the credit for a future flight. When I originally started looking, fligths were $88 each way, which I was ok with, but I didn't have the money on hand to book. Shortly after, the price jumped to $139 each way :eek: I couldn't believe it! It was now going to cost me $303 PER PERSON!! I started looking into alternative airlines. I discovered I'd be able to fly other airlines for about $220 per person, and since I am not needing to check bags for such a short trip, the extra fees wouldn't be an issue. I still didn't book (waiting to get paid) and then today I checked Southwest again (daily ritual) :surfweb: and the price had gone back down! ($82 one way, $102 back) Long story short, I was able to get both our tickets for $418 after taxes, ans still stick with my airline of choice! :worship:

I will say though, that after only paying roughly $120 (round trip)
a person last August for the same route on Southwest, I am baffled as to why airfare has risen so much in less than a year! :confused3 I do remember that the price went down last year after we booked, so we got a lot of credits, but I don't recall them starting so high... but I won't be picky I got good times in and out at a decent price, so I am happy today! :cloud9:

On that note, does anyone know how long it will take us to get from MCO via ME to POP and check in? We arrive roughly 11 am, and I am sure our room will not be ready, so (since bags fly free) we will probably check our bags so we can head right to the parks after check in.

Yay for airfare booking! As for the DME timeline, I have no idea... I've actually never used DME. I'm sure you could call them and ask, though :)

Yeah, I've only taken it once and it was to POP but it was like 4 years ago and I wasn't paying attention... I'm just hoping to get a little park time in, and the parks close pretty early.

This has been a pretty good week, and it was capped off yesterday by not only getting $60 worth of Southwest credit because my airfare went down but also... free dining was announced!! :woohoo: We are officially on :cloud9:
I called and booked us in a standard room (req 80's section) at Pop from September 28-October 1 with 4 day base tickets. Next i have to scrape together my pennies to buy those outrageously priced MNSSHP tickets! It's going to cost us about $55 per person! I 'm so so so glad my son is only 2!:rotfl: I have also decided that if there is a bounceback offer in the room, I am going to book it when we are there because I don't want to stress about this if we decide to go again next year! We also decided to do Animal Kingdom on our arrival day, then a full day at Epcot, a full day at Magic Kingdom including MNSSHP and then possibly a morning at DHS. I'm thinking it will depend on how late we stay at MNSSHP, since if we stay till 12 there will be no way I am getting up in time to get to DHS before ME comes to get us. I can't wait, I had the Disney giggles all day yesterday, and even rented The Princess and the Frog on pay per view to celebrate with DS last night. He was surprisingly attentive, so I think I am going to start introducing him to more Disney movies. Thus far he has only seen a few Pixar ones, but we have a bunch on VHS :eek: so maybe he can get to know some new characters before our trip!

September 28 (Tuesday)

*Arrive around 11 am

*Take Disney’s Magical Express to POP

*My BFF and I are coming from 2 diff places. Once we are all together, head to Animal Kingdom

* I def want to do the Safaris, Everest, and Kali River Rapids. DS is tall enough for KRR this time!!! Other than that I don't really care what we do, I think seeing Nemo and Lion King would be nice (and cool) but this is going to be a short visit since the park closes at 5pm. We will probably grab lunch at some point.

*When AK closes, we will head back to POP for dinner, or maybe DTD and then back to POP for a quick dip in the pool before an early to bed night!

I promise to post a full itinerary tonight, but I did get an 8:05 am ADR at Hollywood and Vine for Oct 1! I know it's gotten seriously mixed reviews, but we are barely going to have any park time that day, so it's perfect for us. This way we can get in, eat breakfast, ride a few big rides, and get out in time to catch our ME shuttle from POP!

Here's what I have so far, let me know what you think! (all times are estimates/best case scenarios... I try to think positively!)

September 28th
Arrive (11 am)
Check into POP (12pm)
Head to AK (1 pm)
*We will try to do as many of the following as possible:
~Kilamanjaro Safaris
~Expedition Everest
~Kali River Rapids
~Planet Watch
~Finding Nemo/Lion King
~It's Tough to be a Bug
Dinner and swim at POP (5 pm)
Downtown Disney (7 pm)

September 29th
Epcot Rope Drop
~Soarin'
~Test Track
~Mission Space
~Spaceship Earth
~Nemo
~Imagination
~Ellen's Energy …
Future World
World Showcase
~Lunch (Mexico)
~Norway
~China
Hotel for nap
Dinner~ Germany
~Italy
~US
~Japan
~Morocco
~France
~UK/Canada
Illuminations (9 pm)

September 30th
Magic Kingdom Rope Drop
~Dumbo
~Fantasyland
~Fastpass Space Mountain
~Buzz Lightyear
~Fastpass Big Thunder Mtn
~POTC
~Fastpass Splash Mountain
~Tiki Room
Lunch
Back to POP (1 pm)
Swim
Nap
Dinner
Back to Magic Kingdom (6pm)
Rides
Trick Or Treating
Villains Show (9pm)
Fireworks (9:30 pm)
Snack
Spot for parade (close to exit)
Parade (10:30 pm)
Back to POP

October 1st
Hollywood and Vine breakfast (8 am)
~Toy Story Mania
~Rockin' Roller Coaster
~Tower of Terror
~The Great Movie Ride
~MuppetVision
Leave for POP (12 pm)
ME Shuttle to MCO (1 pm)
Flight (3:55 pm)

I have no idea what to expect for crowds this time of year. :confused3 I have heard it is pretty empty, and we will be there on weekdays, so I am hopeful. I have read TR's where people have not waited in any lines longer that 10 minutes regardless of timing, but I have no idea how realistic that is. Obviously we will try and pack as much in as possible without overextending DS :rotfl: Let me know what you think!

This weekend my aunt's neighborhood did a garage sale on Friday and Saturday. Last year, I sold DS's big stroller (since we were only using his maclaren umbrella stroller by then) and his motorized swing (that he almost never used) and a few other things amd made a little over $150, which I promptly put on a Disney gift card to act as my spending money in WDW that August. So when my aunt told us about this sale I thought it was the perfect way to jumpstart my gift card for this fall (I have only managed to put $20 on it so far :sad2:) I went through ALL of DS's old clothes and pulled out at least half of them, and a bunch of "baby toys" and got it all ready to go. I also sold some of my shoes and old shirts and maternity clothes, as well as a dog kennel (which my dog basically never used) so I figured while I wouldn't make thousands, I would probably clear $100 at least, since all of Ds's clothes were in great shape and mostly name brands like Gymboree and Children's Place and Old Navy. Friday came and went and I made $42. :eek: Of course I also boguht DS a wagon for $10, which brought my profit down another $10, but it was a smart move since our zoo charges $7 a visit to rent one. I was annoyed, but I reasoned that Saturday would be a much bigger selling day. Well after I got off work at 7 am, I went to the sale for a couple of hours. It was pretty dead, which surprised me since the organizer had put an add in the paper and there were signs at either end of the street. I finally made myself go home and go to sleep, hoping for good news when I woke up. When I got up and made my way downstairs, I asked my mom how much I'd made, and she told me $28 :scared: Are you kidding me??? That puts my total income at $70 for the 2 days. I can't believe that's all I made! I am a little upset, but at least it's the beginning of the summer, so there will be plenty of sales, and I think my neighborhood will probably do one next month and since all my stuff is already priced and sorted, all I have to do is put it outside. And I still have 4 months to save, so it will be alright, I'm just a bit disappointed, but I am cheering myself up with the knowledge that after I get off work, me and my parents and sister and DS are going to spend a few hours at a new waterpark they built this year before heading to a friends BBQ. It's going to be 88 degrees today and sunny, and DS loves the water, so it should be fun, and I got the tix through work at over 50% off :cool1: It should be the start to a nice "weekend" (I am off Sundays and Mondays) and then Tuesday afternoon I will head to the Disney Store and add the money to my gift card.

So, as sad as it is, I think I already have all of DS's outfits planned for our trip! It's onyl 4 days so it really wasn't difficult, and then I was browsing at Target and they had some great Disney t-shirts for $6.99. I am still trying to find the Toy Story one I like in DS's size, I have already looked at 2 Targets, but there are about 20 in the area so I am confident I will find it eventually! :rotfl: I also got him a pair of Toy Story PJ's from the Disney store for $8.50! I have also managed to pick up a few small toys so that when we get there and I am trying to shop, I can just give him those ttoys rather than have him grabbing at all the toys in the store! Hopefully that works. Now I am trying to get him to watch more Disney movies (right now the only one he will sit through entirely is Up) so that he will have more character recognition. He knows the "Fab 5" but that's about it so far. Oh except Buzz, since that is who is on his sippy cups!

Hi! I figured since I'm following your other trip report, I'd sub to this one. The plans sound good so far! We've also heard a lot of good things about Yak & Yeti QS and we're looking forward to trying it in December. Flame Tree Barbeque and Pizzafari are also good at AK. Pizza Planet is our top QS for DHS. For MK, we like Pecos Bill's or Cosmic Ray's (basically the same place in a different land), but we've never tried Columbia Harbor House.

I look forward to hearing more! :)

Hi! I'm subbing! I am so jealous that you get to go so many times! That's awesome! :goodvibes

Your day by day schedule looks great. Very detailed!! I can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Hi! I figured since I'm following your other trip report, I'd sub to this one. The plans sound good so far! We've also heard a lot of good things about Yak & Yeti QS and we're looking forward to trying it in December. Flame Tree Barbeque and Pizzafari are also good at AK. Pizza Planet is our top QS for DHS. For MK, we like Pecos Bill's or Cosmic Ray's (basically the same place in a different land), but we've never tried Columbia Harbor House.

I look forward to hearing more! :)

Welcome welcome! Glad to have you! I love Pizza Planet too, I'm not sure if it's the food, or the idea behind it but we usually go there every visit. I'm going to try and "play it by ear" this time around, but I am not good at not planning, so we shall see!

Hi! I'm subbing! I am so jealous that you get to go so many times! That's awesome! :goodvibes

Your day by day schedule looks great. Very detailed!! I can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Welcome! Yeah, I'm thinking if I am going to go all out and get the AP, I'd better get my Disney fix for a while :rotfl: Plus DS is free till 3...

I have a slight touch of OCD when it comes to vacation planning, but it gets dramatically worse when it involves Disney. I am trying to scale back.. but so far not much luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter