I was not allowed to use rocking chairs at Baby Care Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still want to know what mothers would do if their kids only eat in a dark room with a rocking chair and there is no BCC? Do they just not feed their kids? I have never heard of such a thing.

I guess those are the hungry, screaming babies on the plane! :confused3

So in the past week on Disboards it has been determined that:

Single moms with kids of the opposite sex that need assistance in the bathroom should STAY HOME

Moms who have babies that need a quiet place to eat should STAY HOME

Moms with more kids than will fit in ONE regular size bathroom stall should STAY HOME

Parents with kids who "need" a "leash" to keep them close and from being kidnapped at Disney should STAY HOME

Parents who have kids that might get overstimulated and need a 10 minute break to color and decompress should STAY HOME (or trek back to the car? to give the kids a 10 minute break).

Did I miss anything?

Sounds like Disney isn't for families any more ~ but more likely for single people, those that have no kids or those that have kids that are at least 10 and don't have any qualms about being separated from their parents.

Sorry ~ yes if you feel you need a private place to BF ~ though it is been said again and again that it is the public that feels you need this private space ~ you should have it. My problem is that you think when it isn't being used it can't be used by someone else who may also feel they have a need for it.

IMHO it is selfish to allow an empty spot to stay empty when there is someone who feels she NEEDS it.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the room for nursing mothers. But, to say that you (not personally you) deserve it just because you breastfeed, I do disagree with that.

I don't believe anyone "deserves" it.

I believe it is a courtesy for women who need to expose themselves to feed their children. Not everyone bf needs to 'expose' themselves, but THERE IS a difference if you have a squirmer looking around and he is being fed fed from the breast vs. from the bottle.

Let's make it easy. Anyone who wants to use the nursing room has to expose a breast. That makes it fair for all sides, eliminates the dads, etc.!

Why do you think a bfing mom would think she DERSERVES a private room (with 4 chairs inside a Baby Care Center)? What would be the rationale for her deserving a special, privileged discriminatory room?

I certainly never said a bfing mom deserves it MORE than those breastfeeding. You obviously misinterpreted my post. However, I also don't think those that bottle feed should be turned away, especially IF there is room available. I'm curious to know where anybody feeds their babies when they are not at Disney? It is very nice that Disney has the BCCs, but what would we do if they didn't, not go until our children are older? :confused3

It was asked I don't know how many posts ago what bottle feeding mothers do when they have a child that needs a quiet place to feed do when they are out around town..

Well, this mother goes to quiet and dimly lit coffee houses to feed her child. Or if I really need to, I will feed her in the car. My daughter needs that extra quiet or she will not finish her bottle. A few sips on the bottle is all she will do if too much is going on. She has been this way since she was about three months old. Things distract her very easily. Feeding her in loud areas is next to impossible. Even if she is really hungry she won't always take her bottle. Solids on the other hand isn't as difficult, I have no idea why that is. But for her bottles.. She needs that quiet.

Every child is different.

IMHO it is selfish to allow an empty spot to stay empty when there is someone who feels she NEEDS it.

If a child is NEEDS a rocking chair to eat, then they aren't that hungry.

My proposal solves the problem: you want in, lift your shirt... no matter how your child is getting their milk.

I certainly never said a bfing mom deserves it MORE than those breastfeeding. You obviously misinterpreted my post. However, I also don't think those that bottle feed should be turned away, especially IF there is room available. I'm curious to know where anybody feeds their babies when they are not at Disney? It is very nice that Disney has the BCCs, but what would we do if they didn't, not go until our children are older? :confused3

We had trouble feeding our DD2 anywhere but at home. She was a projectile vomiter after every bottle.

You think people don't like to see your breast while you feed? Well you can bet they like being covered in vomit even less.

We stayed home A LOT. While at Disney we mostly just tried to find a good place that she could eat that we could keep her in the feeding position for about 30 minutes after she ate ~ which helped a tiny bit. Carried stuff to clean her mess and her. It was awful.

She would eat anywhere.... it just wasn't the best idea.

Single moms with kids of the opposite sex that need assistance in the bathroom should STAY HOME

Moms with more kids than will fit in ONE regular size bathroom stall should STAY HOME

Parents with kids who "need" a "leash" to keep them close and from being kidnapped at Disney should STAY HOME

Parents who have kids that might get overstimulated and need a 10 minute break to color and decompress should STAY HOME (or trek back to the car? to give the kids a 10 minute break).

Did I miss anything?

How about 50% of you just stay home so the lines are shorter for the rest of us? :rotfl2:

QUOTE=scarlet_ibis;35931749]How about 50% of you just stay home so the lines are shorter for the rest of us? :rotfl2:[/QUOTE]

Only if I get to pick the people who stay home. :lmao:

We arrive on the 16th ~ and BTW ~ I could care less if you got naked to feed your 15MO if that is what makes you comfortable.

Like I have said (I can't even count) in this thread ~ I think it is ABSURD that people have a problem with a mom NIP.

We arrive on the 16th ~ and BTW ~ I could care less if you got naked to feed your 15MO if that is what makes you comfortable.

Like I have said (I can't even count) in this thread ~ I think it is ABSURD that people have a problem with a mom NIP.

Oh well. I guess we'll pass you at the airport then!

Did I miss anything?

You forgot about people who want to bring strollers for kids over a certain age.;)
Sounds like Disney isn't for families any more ~ but more likely for single people, those that have no kids or those that have kids that are at least 10 and don't have any qualms about being separated from their parents.

Sorry ~ yes if you feel you need a private place to BF ~ though it is been said again and again that it is the public that feels you need this private space ~ you should have it. My problem is that you think when it isn't being used it can't be used by someone else who may also feel they have a need for it.

By this same theory anyone could use the handicapped entrances at rides if they feel they need it because they simply cannot stand in line anymore. Afterall, if nobody is using it at the moment why leave it empty? I myself have a hard time with the heat and would have welcomed a cool spot to wait.

It was asked I don't know how many posts ago what bottle feeding mothers do when they have a child that needs a quiet place to feed do when they are out around town..

Well, this mother goes to quiet and dimly lit coffee houses to feed her child. Or if I really need to, I will feed her in the car. My daughter needs that extra quiet or she will not finish her bottle. A few sips on the bottle is all she will do if too much is going on. She has been this way since she was about three months old. Things distract her very easily. Feeding her in loud areas is next to impossible. Even if she is really hungry she won't always take her bottle. Solids on the other hand isn't as difficult, I have no idea why that is. But for her bottles.. She needs that quiet.

Every child is different.

Well I hate to say it but you would not find a dimly lit coffee house if you came to visit me. Most if not all of them here are pretty loud and brightly lit with a lot of hustle and bustle. I as an adult don't find them relaxing.:laughing: Of course if you have your car with you then you'd be fine but what if you didn't? Nobody really likes to eat in a loud area. I was just saying that there are so many quiet areas at all the parks. I cannot imagine being so stressed out about not being able to use 4 lousy rocking chairs. There are a million other places to sit quietly and some of those areas even have rocking chairs.
As for the person who would not plan a trip if they knew they couldn't use a rocking chair- more power to you. You have to do what works and I respect that. Although I do wonder though what you would do if your child decided they were hungry and you were nowhere near a rocking chair.

By this same theory anyone could use the handicapped entrances at rides if they feel they need it because they simply cannot stand in line anymore. Afterall, if nobody is using it at the moment why leave it empty? I myself have a hard time with the heat and would have welcomed a cool spot to wait.

Well I hate to say it but you would not find a dimly lit coffee house if you came to visit me. Most if not all of them here are pretty loud and brightly lit with a lot of hustle and bustle. I as an adult don't find them relaxing.:laughing: Of course if you have your car with you then you'd be fine but what if you didn't? Nobody really likes to eat in a loud area. I was just saying that there are so many quiet areas at all the parks. I cannot imagine being so stressed out about not being able to use 4 lousy rocking chairs. There are a million other places to sit quietly and some of those areas even have rocking chairs.
As for the person who would not plan a trip if they knew they couldn't use a rocking chair- more power to you. You have to do what works and I respect that. Although I do wonder though what you would do if your child decided they were hungry and you were nowhere near a rocking chair.

I could care less about a rocking chair, that's certainly not a requirement for feeding my daughter. A quiet area needed for bottle feeding her. And I suppose I am lucky for finding quiet coffee houses, but in the area I'm in they are pretty plentiful. And generally we try to go out to eat in quiet restaurants as well, so if she needs a bottle then we're still good to go.

And yes, it does get tiring at times trying to plan out our outings around quiet places but we do it. Hopefully, she will be able to get off her formula soon but right now it is medically necessary for her to remain on it. We do what we need to do and try to have as much fun as we can. We're not about to become hermits just because our daughter needs a quiet spot to eat.

I could care less about a rocking chair, that's certainly not a requirement for feeding my daughter. A quiet area needed for bottle feeding her. And I suppose I am lucky for finding quiet coffee houses, but in the area I'm in they are pretty plentiful. And generally we try to go out to eat in quiet restaurants as well, so if she needs a bottle then we're still good to go.

And yes, it does get tiring at times trying to plan out our outings around quiet places but we do it. Hopefully, she will be able to get off her formula soon but right now it is medically necessary for her to remain on it. We do what we need to do and try to have as much fun as we can. We're not about to become hermits just because our daughter needs a quiet spot to eat.

I totally understand. I think it's great that you do have places like that around you. As a Mom I actually prefer a quiet place to eat with my kids. Too much noise overstimulates ME and I cannot eat.:laughing: Besides, meal time should be relaxing.

My point is that the need is the same for many moms who need to feed their child. So the needs are the same here. Many moms can feed their child anywhere in the park...some require a more private setting. The need is the same for these moms. Whether it is for being afraid to expose part of your body or needing quiet - the need is the same - a private place to feed your child.

I guess this is where we disagree because I don't think the need is the same. Actually, the nursing room is not necessarily quiet either considering breast pumps and conversations etc. Private place does not necessarily equal a quiet place.

Did I miss anything?

See, i didn't say stay home. I said postpone the trip or PLAN YOUR DAY ACCORDINGLY. I've never taken my kids into the BBC to color and watch TV, because I planned my day according to the abilities of my children. We don't go during super hot or super busy times, we plan on lunch at the resort so the kids can have a break, we plan TS meals so the kids can have a break. I avoid meltdowns by not running my kids to the point of meltdowns just because we are on vacation.
And where did you hear about the child smuggling rings going on at WDW? I must have missed that newsflash, I have never heard of a kidnapping at WDW. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter