"I want more....and I know I shouldn't" - 2 Food & Wine Festival Trips - 12/10 Complete! Goofy's/STK

Glad you had another great meal at Flying Fish. I'll be posting my review in a bit, but I was so close to ordering the scallops. Now seeing them I wish I did! And that funnel cake, wow. Of course I have the only kid on the planet who doesn't like oreos so not sure its on our cards. Can't wait to hear how the meat eating goes for hubby!

Flying Fish looks amazing!!! I love scallops and now am a fan of grits...so win win!! Your husbands meal looks yum-o as well!!

Flying Fish is a home run for me! I'm not in a huge scallop fan and that dish was so wonderful! Their vegetarian option was definitely a winner as well!

Glad you had another great meal at Flying Fish. I'll be posting my review in a bit, but I was so close to ordering the scallops. Now seeing them I wish I did! And that funnel cake, wow. Of course I have the only kid on the planet who doesn't like oreos so not sure its on our cards. Can't wait to hear how the meat eating goes for hubby!

Casey doesn't like Oreos? Is she your child? That funnel was a great one time treat! Never again.

The dish you did end up ordering looked really good at least! I was really happy with my dish!

He's going to ease back into the meat. While he's had things with broth in it from animals - he doesn't want to kill his digestive tract with going guns-a-blazing right away. At least when I get to the post half lunch review - you all can see what his first real non-vegetarian dish was. Its something I think you will like. :)

Starbucks

My husband and I had woken up around 6AM. He went for a run (because he wouldn’t get enough running the next two days, crazy man!) while I was lazy and played on my computer. We left for the park around 8AM. We didn’t have to wait too long for the buses but we did have to wait in a traffic jam getting into the bus loading/unloading zone. I’m sure that was because of the Holiday 5K that had finished. (Btw, I do not understand how people can just go straight from running a race to the parks - how do you do that without showering? I would feel too gross!) We bought my husband his Annual Pass (13 months for the price of 12!) and headed inside.

While we were on the bus, we both realized we were hungry but we knew our lunch ADR was at 11:30AM. We didn’t want something huge. Luckily there is Starbucks! Unluckily, my husband pointed out a treat option he knew I would like after I had decided to get a drink. I decided to skip the drink and he then just got a grande instead of a tall for his drink because he figured I would steal some. Drinking a Frappuccino out of a paper straw is just weird to me. Still tasted good! I only had a couple sips and left my husband to have most of his drink. (I also know why they use paper straws as people suck and you have to protect the animals from stupid people!) My s’mores tart was awesome though! A great blend of chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers. My husband enjoyed his almond croissant and had it finished off in no time!

WdU7Bv5.jpg

Grande Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino

yTRxYMA.jpg

S'mores Tart

DGO4SvZ.jpg

Almond Croissant

We headed to Safari after this and had a great ride!​

Getting caught up! Flying Fish looks really good, it's not one of those restaurants that I ever really wanted to try but after seeing the food I think it it is a must next year. The pork belly looks amazing! Looking forward to reading more about the weekend events!

Casey doesn't like Oreos? Is she your child? That funnel was a great one time treat! Never again.
Is she my child? Hating oreos is she even American??? She'll eat cookies and cream ice cream, but can't get her to touch one beyond that. Makes no sense.

He's going to ease back into the meat. While he's had things with broth in it from animals - he doesn't want to kill his digestive tract with going guns-a-blazing right away. At least when I get to the post half lunch review - you all can see what his first real non-vegetarian dish was. Its something I think you will like. :)
Can't wait to see what is in store!

While we were on the bus, we both realized we were hungry but we knew our lunch ADR was at 11:30AM. We didn’t want something huge. Luckily there is Starbucks! Unluckily, my husband pointed out a treat option he knew I would like after I had decided to get a drink. I decided to skip the drink and he then just got a grande instead of a tall for his drink because he figured I would steal some. Drinking a Frappuccino out of a paper straw is just weird to me. Still tasted good! I only had a couple sips and left my husband to have most of his drink. (I also know why they use paper straws as people suck and you have to protect the animals from stupid people!) My s’mores tart was awesome though! A great blend of chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers. My husband enjoyed his almond croissant and had it finished off in no time!
Looks like a great starburcks breakfast. That tart looks like perfection. I'm a total coffee novice and am so thrown off my all the weird sizes and drink options at starbucks I rarely venture beyond a small dark roast :-)

Oh how I love me some Starbucks! Warmed chocolate croissants are my favorite!

I do love my Starbucks too! I just don't go there very often in the real world as I like to put my money towards other things!

Getting caught up! Flying Fish looks really good, it's not one of those restaurants that I ever really wanted to try but after seeing the food I think it it is a must next year. The pork belly looks amazing! Looking forward to reading more about the weekend events!

I get that. Flying Fish and Citricos are my absolute favorite signatures nowadays. I've always been happy with the food at both and the servers usually are really good as well (this time at Flying Fish - our server was only ok - efficient at least - but there was a Wine Dinner going on so you know all the best ones were helping there) You should love it!

Is she my child? Hating oreos is she even American??? She'll eat cookies and cream ice cream, but can't get her to touch one beyond that. Makes no sense.
I have hope for her yet if she'll eat Cookies and Cream ice cream! ;) At least she has a more expansive palette than most children her age!
Can't wait to see what is in store!
:) I'm just happy I can now have more normal dinners again at home. I've been craving my homemade sesame chicken but never wanted to do all the work just for me! Totally my plan now on Friday night!

Looks like a great starburcks breakfast. That tart looks like perfection. I'm a total coffee novice and am so thrown off my all the weird sizes and drink options at starbucks I rarely venture beyond a small dark roast :-)

It was good starbucks breakfast! It can be really overwhelming in there if you don't know about it all and then you get those people that do all those customizations! I've just tried random things over the years and found out what I like. A small dark roast is always a good option though!

Tiffins

During Flying Fish the night before, I was messaging with a friend who lives near Disney. He and I have known each other since middle school (so 20 years now! Man, that makes me feel old) He and his wife had recently had a baby and she just went back to work on November 1st! He had enough vacation time saved to take off the entire month of November (now known at Nate-vember for him) to stay home with their son before putting him in daycare. He didn’t want to stay home every day and wanted to start getting his son out for a little bit each day to see how he can handle it. We figured out of all the days of our trip - Animal Kingdom would be the best bet since for the most part, it is just mainly a walking park and there is only 1 ride he won’t be able to go on with us (Everest)

Well, I guess the traffic hit him too - we didn’t end up meeting up until 10AM, so after safari anyway. We decided to head to Rafiki’s Conservation Station!

They were doing a check up on a Gopher Turtle that had to have its shell reconstructed.

PgPUsq3.jpg

yG16DKP.jpg

3wHFAXE.jpg

No one was near Rafiki so I said hello!

MamJ4cs.jpg

I also got photos of my friend and his son with his first character experience. His son wasn’t even paying attention which made it more amusing!

We took the train back to Africa and his son had enough for the day (this was the longest outing his son had to date - for a 3 month old - he was really well behaved!) and we parted ways. My husband and I headed to Tiffins for our ADR at 11:30AM.

1D3fLaG.jpg

I really was impressed they had in their system that this wasn’t my first time there and gave us special welcome sheets at the front of our menus.

4MMuCkG.jpg

Welcome Back Menu!

As this is a race weekend, we limit our alcohol intake the day before the races. We both got ourselves the beer flight that I had previously in September. I mean Beer is mostly water right? We enjoyed this! My husband’s favorite was the Xingu Black Lager while I was still partial to the Safari Amber.

rZI8e6u.jpg

Exploration Beer Flight - 5 Oz Pours of Kungaloosh Spiced Excursion Ale, Safari Amber Draft and Xingu Black Lager

We decided to get the bread service as our starter. Gotta get those carbs in! The Harissa was still my favorite of the dips followed by the Zhough. My husband wasn’t a fan of the Zhough but he did like the hummus. He likes Sanaa’s bread service better though.

djyyw4s.jpg
kxUuPym.jpg

Tiffins Signature Bread Service - Harissa Yogurt, Zhough Yogurt, Black-Eyed Pea Hummus, Pomegranate Olive Oil

For lunch, Tiffins does a special taste of tiffins menu where you can select two dishes on a set menu and it is served with a side of rice. We found this to be perfect for lunch! I went with the beef short rib as it was amazing last time I had it (with the Wagyu Striploin but I wasn’t going to go for that heavy of a lunch today) This one was just as wonderful! The chimichurri sauce had just enough flavor for it as well to not overpower the meat. The chilled shrimp and noodle salad was alright. It had a nice kick on the sauce and the shrimp was well cooked. When compared to the short rib, it fell short but then again most of the options would have.

5KUIPZr.jpg
Mz6SPW2.jpg
LrDQwMT.jpg

Taste of Tiffins - 72 Hour Beef Short Rib & Chilled Shrimp and Noodle Salad with Jade Blend Rice

My husband was really happy with the multiple vegetarian options on this taste of tiffins menu. He loved his vegetable curry! Cleared the bowl right out! He also was really happy with his beets and with the jade blend rice. He literally had no complaints which was great!

7pX2Ft9.jpg
DoL7v0R.jpg
BmTq1oI.jpg

Taste of Tiffins - Market Vegetable Curry & Salad of Roasted Baby Beets

Tiffins was great for lunch! Yak and Yeti may no longer get any visits from us as Tiffins is where it will be for us at Animal Kingdom from now on!

After Tiffins, we headed to Everest and then back to the hotel. We took a wonderful 2 hour nap because it is vacation!​

I just read through your trip report and food reviews. Yum. We did Yak and Yeti for our ADR at Animal Kingdom, but those meals at Tiffins look delicious! Next time!

Tiffins was great for lunch! Yak and Yeti may no longer get any visits from us as Tiffins is where it will be for us at Animal Kingdom from now on!

:scared1:

Don't get me wrong, I loved Tiffin's when I visited too, but... NO YAK & YETI?! Blasphemy!

Just kidding. I really do think Yak & Yeti is in a completely different category (and price range) so I have a hard time comparing the two.

Looks like a great Tiffins lunch. I had no idea they did the mix and match lunch. I think I may be with you on putting Yak and Yeti on the back burner.

Omg that S'mores tart looks delicious! DH is a Starbucks DM and he's never seen that; must be either a Disney treat or just something not sold in the NE stores but I may have to grab one when we're down there!

Just getting caught up now! The Lost on Safari looks so good! It's definitely going on my list for our upcomig trip.

I just read through your trip report and food reviews. Yum. We did Yak and Yeti for our ADR at Animal Kingdom, but those meals at Tiffins look delicious! Next time!

I have loved Yak & Yeti in the past! Hopefully oyu had a good time too! Tiffins though blows it out of the water!
:scared1:

Don't get me wrong, I loved Tiffin's when I visited too, but... NO YAK & YETI?! Blasphemy!

Just kidding. I really do think Yak & Yeti is in a completely different category (and price range) so I have a hard time comparing the two.

Animal Kingdom is one of those parks that isn't always on our must do list - especially since we go for long weekend trips more often than longer trips like this one. That means we skip this park more often than not. I rather have Tiffins over Yak & Yeti if its only going to be a once or twice a year thing :)

Looks like a great Tiffins lunch. I had no idea they did the mix and match lunch. I think I may be with you on putting Yak and Yeti on the back burner.

I guess they just started it over the summer when they realized not everyone wants a super large lunch (kinda like when Brown Derby had to add in some lighter options as well) It really makes me happy!

Omg that S'mores tart looks delicious! DH is a Starbucks DM and he's never seen that; must be either a Disney treat or just something not sold in the NE stores but I may have to grab one when we're down there!

It might be a Disney Treat only. I haven't seen it at my Starbucks either but I usually only go through the drive thru around here so I could be wrong. It was totally delicious! Disney Starbucks has some nice special options. I do remember last year when the Salted Caramel Mocha was in season at my stores in Naples - they had this Maple thing. It wasn't that good either.

How was the portion size for the taste of Tiffins dishes?

It wouldn't be enough to split a Taste of Tiffins with someone else. The portion was just enough to fill us each up. Only thing we didn't finish off was the rice side!

Just getting caught up now! The Lost on Safari looks so good! It's definitely going on my list for our upcomig trip.

You will love it! We all know I love me some cocktails!

Il Mulino

When we woke up for our nap, we had 30 minutes before our ADR at Il Mulino. I wasn’t worried as the restaurant was literally downstairs so it would take us no time to get ready and get there. We checked in at 4:55PM for our 5PM reservation and were seated shortly after.

As we still needed to drink more water, we ordered Pellegrino to drink and began looking over the menu.

My husband went with the minestrone soup. He had really enjoyed the minestrone he had while we were in Hawaii and was equally happy with this one. It also gave him something different than a salad in his diet!

J39SDIS.jpg

Minestrone - Vegetable Soup w/ Orecchiette

I was the one that ordered the Caesar Salad! Not my husband! I know you are all shocked! It was a great classic caesar with a nice dressing to it. I cleaned my plate!

mgIdREb.jpg

Insalate Caesar - Classic Il Mulino Caesar

My husband wanted to have his carb heavy meal this night. Based on his research on carb loading theory - it is actually better to carb load 2 days or more beforehand rather than the night before. He ordered the penne for this reason. He loved it! The sauce wasn’t too rich but there was a nice amount of cheese in the dish itself. The plate was cleaned before I was even halfway done with my entree!

Fd4GYDK.jpg

Penne Rigate - Penne served with Original Il Mulino Marinara Sauce, Parmesan and Ricotta Cheese

I went with the shrimp as I love shrimp and I wasn’t really feeling like pasta or pizza centric dish this evening. I figured the shrimp would be served with a side of pasta but I was wrong so I just ate the shrimp. I was happy to see that their jumbo shrimp were indeed jumbo as by the end of the 4th - I was more than full! The white wine lemon sauce had a great nuance to it that worked well with the shrimp.

fd6IOcu.jpg

Gamberi Francese - Jumbo Shrimp Egg Battered and Sauteed Served with White Wine Lemon Sauce

My husband and I downed two bottles of pellegrino so we were properly hydrated! We were both too full to get dessert so we paid our bill. Back at the room (even though it was all of 6PM), we laid out our outfits for the morning for the races the next day. We watched the latest episode of American Horror Story off the FX On Demand website and bunkered down for the night. I was out by 8:15PM as I knew 3AM would come soon!

vFPFOvf.jpg

Flat Dis_Yoda for Wine & Dine 10K!

Everything looks fabulous!! Especially the Caesar salad and of course the shrimp!!! I think we have that in common!
Love the purple!!!

DH and I ate at Il Mulino in August for the first time and thought it was incredible! Best meal of our trip, and we can't wait to return later this month. The original is in NYC and since that's only 90 minutes from us we plan to go there at some point in the near future.
Your race outfit is adorable :)

Your shrimp look delicious. I was going to comment it didn't look like a lot, but guess I was wrong. I'm a sucker for all things lemon so I would have been in heaven.

I think we have the s'mores tart at Starbucks here in the city. I can remember DD ordering it. But can't remember where and which one exactly. Would not have been at Disney as we never go into Starbucks there since it is literally within 2 blocks in every direction from our apt. lol So it had to have been here. Stop in one when you are here soon!!

I went with the shrimp as I love shrimp and I wasn’t really feeling like pasta or pizza centric dish this evening. I figured the shrimp would be served with a side of pasta but I was wrong so I just ate the shrimp. I was happy to see that their jumbo shrimp were indeed jumbo as by the end of the 4th - I was more than full! The white wine lemon sauce had a great nuance to it that worked well with the shrimp.​

This looks DELISH!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter