"I want more....and I know I shouldn't" - 2 Food & Wine Festival Trips - 12/10 Complete! Goofy's/STK

Despite the circumstances looks like a great meal at STK. It hasn't been on my radar as it looked like maybe it was a bit too posh and trendy for me. How as the Dom Perignon? I've never tried it.

Thanks for sharing all your adventures. Hoping over to the DL thread so I can see more!

First, so very sorry to hear about your stepdad. Thinking of you and your mom.

Back to the food... seems like you had a great trip. I fell behind so some random comments, probably out of order... The Mix It Make It really sounded inconsistent. The one with Morimoto had rave reviews but the others sounded just meh. And was it you or someone else that said one session got souvenir bamboo cutting boards with the F&W logo as take home gifts? Why not give to every session??

Despite several trips of my own, I still missed some of the booth offerings and you have me regretting it. Particularly those cheese breads in Brazil... I just couldn't resist the pork belly... Shoulda had both!

Btw- fun to see your husband back on the carnivore bandwagon!

Blaze pizza looks phenomenal! I want to try it but gosh at this point I need a week of meals just in Disney Springs to have everything I want!

Sorry about the circumstances that brought you by STK but glad you could take a moment to treat yourself". Will you go back? Is it as loud as some people say or maybe you were there pre-DJ. Your steak and those fries look fantastic- especially those thick fries!! But service sounds iffy and not pouring the Dom in front of you seems sketchy.

Thanks again for a fun report. Looking forward to hearing about DL.

Random Out of Order Comments are fine! Its how my mind works - its actually why I prewrite my report in google docs so I can skip around as my mind works!

The mix it make it was really inconsistent. I'm sure Morimoto put on a great show! I got Food & Wine Coasters in the first go around and we did get bamboo cutting boards in the 2nd but I forgot to post about it! I guess that does help make up for the cost but I really don't like using wooden cutting boards as I want to be able to clean it in the dishwasher. (You also shouldn't use meat on wood - although with our Blue Apron deliveries I may start using them more now as I have to cut a lot more)

I missed getting the pork belly! I got so many of those one year but the cheese bread is good!

I may go back to STK after I try the rest of the places that opened or are opening in Disney Springs. I was there before the DJ started.

I can't wait to go to DL even if I'm the worst prepared runner ever!

Oh man I got embarrassingly behind :rolleyes1 I really enjoyed your report though and am all caught up! I have to say - why didn't the Skipper hostess say anything to your DH about the lizard on his shirt :rotfl2:I mean, just a, "Sir, it seems one of our friendly Florida residents has hitched a ride on your shoulder" or something Disney-ish like that??? Lol so funny!

We ate at Blaze last month and enjoyed it, and I ended up ordering the same pizza you had in your room! I don't know that I'd make a trip to DS just for Blaze but would certainly eat there if I found myself down there and hungry.

I have a similar question about STK as 2xcited2sleep-was it excessively loud? The menu looks good but when it first opened I read some unfavorable reviews regarding the atmosphere and noise.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this :)

Nothing wrong with getting embarrassingly behind! I"m the same with most reports here..one of these days! At least I'm off of work from December 23rd til January 3rd so I will have a nice amount of time to play catch up on things.

No idea why the hostess didn't say anything! Maybe she was as shocked as we were! We're used to lizards being everywhere, especially on our lanai.

I agree that I wouldn't make a special trip for the pizza but both times I've had it - its worked out great. Fast and easy and on the cheaper side! Pizza also holds up well enough to eat an hour later when cold although its always better when hot.

It wasn't loud when I was there but it is a different atmosphere there than most of the Disney Spring eateries. Most of my distraction of my dinner came from the table next to me when the little boy dropped his tablet behind the booth and everyone was trying to help him save it.

Despite the circumstances looks like a great meal at STK. It hasn't been on my radar as it looked like maybe it was a bit too posh and trendy for me. How as the Dom Perignon? I've never tried it.

Thanks for sharing all your adventures. Hoping over to the DL thread so I can see more!

Part of the reason I mentioned that I didn't like that they didn't pour the glass in front of me made me question the wine. It didn't taste the freshest. I've had Dom a few times before (including at EPCOT) and this was probably the weakest time I've had it. Vintage could also be something about it though.

I did really enjoy STK but I think I rather get my filet at Boathouse going forward as their bread is better!

I thought I had commented over here, but I guess I just followed the link over to the new TR and never said anything over here. Sorry for your loss, but at least you got in a little "me" time before everything happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter