I started Christmas shopping... Got some pretty good deals. Lets share where everyone is finding some good deals

MimitoAlex

Mouseketeer
So this week I started doing some Christmas shopping. I did found a few good prices on somethings.

First up Kohls - Earlier in the week I stopped in there to return a shirt, and I checked out the Christmas jewelry, I found some Minnie mouse ones and a new pair of snowman ones which I just had to have,. Then I walked over to look at a bag and I noticed a huge display of clearance jewelry and other accessories, most of the ones I picked up where between 3.00 to 6.00 dollars I used my return GC, plus the kohls cash return amount, plus the kohls cash I had earned, and 5.00 from my Kohls points, and then my 20% percent off coupon.. I did pretty good under 20.00 dollars in cash I had to put out.
Then Yesterday They had the rolled blankets on sale like 9.99 -I picked up 2 mickey and minnie and 1 star wars. They also had alot of Disney ladies T-shirt for 9.99 I picked up one for my DD it was star wars related. I had a 15% off coupon. I haven't seen Kohl's have so much merchandise in a long long time.

I went to TJ Maxx - They had a ton of hair accessories on clearance, which is always a good stocking stuffer, or something extra to put in a gift. I found for myself 2 - 2 piece travel outfits, the jogger with matching zip up, hoodie style jacket only 39.99 dollars which is a really great by, as they are perfect for travel, and the weather here in Florida not a heavy fleece, and a very light weight long sleeve shirt/sweater. I will say the stores are packed with so much merchandise.

I went to Michael's for one thing and they did not have it, and ended up with really cute outdoor ornaments. 5.99 each which is a pretty great price I think.

So where did you find some good deals at?

i've found some good deals at kohls but BOY their shipping is AWFUL! they can't even track their own stuff (bad tracking numbers). i'm waiting on target to do their more expanded buy 2/get 1 free deal on books and movies (not much is included in the current offering).

I bought a Keurig for my daughter. Was $130 when I first saw it in stores. Over the summer it went down to $70. Picked up Pokemon cards at Sam;s Club that was a lot cheaper than anywhere else. Huge set $39. I will be using my Lego points soon, it's added up nicely...$100.

I have 3 adult sons and one Granddaughter
They each get a special Christmas card with 200$ cash

This year I have made my own Gift Cards and attached cash via a paper clip...too many issues with problem Gift Cards.
(Gift Card Scams)
I just finished my granddaughter's Advent Calendar which I purchased and stored at the end of last Christmas for only $10.
Each pocket will have a special note for her and 5$ cash

hannah1.jpg

Stockings are my number one priority right now.
Still looking for a few more useful things
So far I have
Stockings
Gym Cooling towel sets
Eye glass cleaning device
Tablet cleaning sets & mini cloth
Paderno Mini Oven Mitts
Gnome Christmas dish towels
scented candles
shavers
electric tooth brushes/Toothpaste/Scope/Floss.
tubes of Polysporin antibacterial cream
Neocitran hot drink /Advil / Tylenol
E Bike repair Kit/ Car cleaning Kit
Character Mugs filled with chocolate
Favorite Sweet Treat

Homemade Gift Cards with cash attached.
example here
xmas2.jpg
xmas5.jpg

Always looking for new ideas.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:

i found some 'cookie tubes' at the dollar store-tubes of brand name cookies, 8 or 10 cookies in each. dh and my adult kids always claim that the best cookies are the ones that come fresh from a newly opened package so i snagged some of the tubes of oreo double stuff and nutter butters to put in their stockings.

I'm looking for ideas for one more small gift for DD23. I've gotten all the other gifts for her and her boyfriend I plan to buy, and even all the stocking stuffers except candy. I've cut back significantly this year - only 5 gifts each, plus their stockings. They are older, earning their own money and off on their own in a tiny apartment with little storage space - Santa Mom doesn't need to overload them with "stuff" anymore. Let's see if I can stick to it though - I always start faltering about this time and the package piles start to grow...

As far as good deals go, I've found most years the best deals actually start in October, and many are better around this time than when you get to Black Friday. I put things in my shopping cart on various sites and just watch the prices - then when something drops to a great price, I pounce!

For DD this year, under the tree she's getting:
- Nude colored underwear. This is actually on her list - she wants all nude, only nude, a certain brand. And of course, finding that brand in nude in her size is next to impossible. But I did find it, so went ahead and grabbed it when I had it in my hands. I'd rather know I got her what she wanted, than to wait out a sale and then have it be out of stock everywhere.
- Cash to pay for her SquareSpace account for the next year.
- A Lodge Cast Iron Frying Pan - she has been missing mine since she moved out. I had it in my Amazon cart for months, then grabbed it when it dropped to just $15 one day a month or so ago. I researched previous Black Friday sales for the same pan and the price was about as good as it gets.
- A Cat Training Book, a couple of clickers and a target stick - she has a really bright cat, and she and her boyfriend want to try to train him a bit. Got the book used (but looks new) off eBay for cheap, the clickers from Aliexpress for cheap (just gotta order EARLY), and the target stick during Amazon Prime Day with an extra 30% off promotion I got for using my Discover card
- The item I have yet to figure out....

For her boyfriend:
- A couple of wrinkle free dress shirts - grabbed one at Kohls with a 40% coupon, and one during the last Amazon Prime Day where it was a good price plus I got the extra 30% off
- Under Armour Slides - bought on a good deal a couple of months ago on Amazon. Just popped up at a good price so I grabbed them.
- Air Fryer - picked up a good deal on one a few weeks ago at Best Buy. So far it was cheaper than what I'm seeing in Black Friday ads.
- Isle of Cats game - he and my daughter like to play games together. Got it during Amazon Prime day with the 30% off previously mentioned PLUS $15 off because I had a credit from trying Amazon Photo.
- Player's guide for the new Zelda game - used a discount Target ran on books in the last few weeks.

For stockings, I have an eclectic mix based on their interests, but I am trying to cut back there too - I always end up with twice as much stuff as can actually fit in a stocking!

DD:
- "Adulting" tshirt I got free at Kohl's with some KC I had
- An avocado tool from DollarTree
- A sponge holder that suction cups in the sink (OXO), free using KC
- Scarf - filler item on a Kohl's order that I used a 40% off coupon on, but she'll like it
- Some Freeman face masks from DollarTree
- Sushi Go Card game I got at FiveBelow for just a few dollars
- Fake Spaghettios Can Safe - this is just the kind of things she'll love to have. I can't explain it. It's just her ;)
- Lint Brush - I always put one of these in each of their stockings. Cat - 'nuf said.
- Lotto Scratchers
- Some more cash, this time earmarked for "experiences"

Boyfriend:
- Zelda Tshirt - 40% off coupon at Kohl's
- Very simple but highly rated Chopstick Set from Crate and Barrel. Just something he wanted. They were inexpensive and I doubt they would ever go on sale, so I grabbed them when I was near a store (which I usually have to drive 30 miles each way to get to - so I consider it a good deal that I won't have to pay gas for a special trip, or shipping)
- One of those Slime-type Cleaners you use to clean car vents and stuff, from DollarTree
- A new pomade to try - DD and I are trying to get him to up his hair product game LOL Free with Kohl's cash
- A Lego-type toy of his favorite Pokemon character - just something silly he'll love, just a few bucks on Amazon
- Christmas Spiderman Funko Pop - cheap on Amazon a couple of weeks ago
- Lint Brush
- Lotto Scratchers

Last edited:
Air Fryer - picked up a good deal on one a few weeks ago at Best Buy. So far it was cheaper than what I'm seeing in Black Friday ads.

a great small gift to go along with this is either disposable air fryer liners or a reusable washable silicone liner. there are also very inexpensive magnetic conversion charts for air fryers that can be put on the fryer or the fridge-quick and easy reference for cooking way more than i realized an airfryer was capable of (got these for my oldest who is also in a small apartment).

a great small gift to go along with this is either disposable air fryer liners or a reusable washable silicone liner. there are also very inexpensive magnetic conversion charts for air fryers that can be put on the fryer or the fridge-quick and easy reference for cooking way more than i realized an airfryer was capable of (got these for my oldest who is also in a small apartment).
Thanks for the reminder - I had been looking at liners a while back but couldn't make up my mind what to get. But I just found a set of 200 parchment liners on Temu for under $4, so I grabbed them. (After watching some reviews, I decided to go that route vs. silicone - silicone still needs to be cleaned, and things crisp up just a tiny bit more with the parchment liners supposedly.)

While I was on the site, I added one of the magnetic charts for under $2 - that was a good idea. Thanks!

I also found DDs "can safe" a few bucks cheaper and I needed something more to hit the $10 minumum, so I grabbed that. I'll just return the one I already bought.

They say everything should be delivered by the end of November - fingers crossed. Usually I like to buy stuff on sites like Temu and Aliexpress months in advance because of the unknown shipping timeframes, but what the heck - my total was only $11 for all 3 things - if they don't get here in time, no great loss. And lately I've been getting stuff from Aliexpress in just a few weeks, even if it's sent via the slowest shipping speed.

(For those of you wondering, I use a separate email address and pay only with Paypal on these sites, never storing payment information. If the Chinese government is getting my data, no big deal - the only info they have is my address, and it's been stolen so many times already in different hackings, whatever. I also buy only on my computer, in an incognito browser session - I don't load their apps on my phone)

Last edited:
If anyone needs Bombas for Christmas presents, or just for yourself, Bombas are 25% off through today, automatically applied to your shopping cart.

Phillips has 30% off orders over $50 plus free shipping right now. Good if you need Sonicare brush heads as a stocking stuffer.

I went to TJ Maxx - They had a ton of hair accessories on clearance, which is always a good stocking stuffer, or something extra to put in a gift. I found for myself 2 - 2 piece travel outfits, the jogger with matching zip up, hoodie style jacket only 39.99 dollars which is a really great by, as they are perfect for travel, and the weather here in Florida not a heavy fleece, and a very light weight long sleeve shirt/sweater. I will say the stores are packed with so much merchandise.

Were those travel outfits Disney themed too?

I'm seeing $24.96?

It's sold out online, so I'm guessing it was a limited stock drop...

But Amazon has it for $9.99 right now so I got it there. It won't be delivered until early December though, even with Prime.

thanks for sharing-i had snagged a copy for my oldest off walmart but i steered dh to amazon a few minutes ago b/c it's also on my wish list for christmas!

Costco has SpaFinders gift certificates, 69.99 for 2-$50 cards, both online and in the store through 11/19. Limit in the store is 5, limit online is 10.
Last year, they also had this at some point after Thanksgiving, I just do not remember if it was early December, or over Thanksgiving weekend.

Costco has SpaFinders gift certificates, 69.99 for 2-$50 cards, both online and in the store through 11/19. Limit in the store is 5, limit online is 10.
Last year, they also had this at some point after Thanksgiving, I just do not remember if it was early December, or over Thanksgiving weekend.

i keep an eye on the chain restaurants i like b/c several do black friday sales on gift cards (averaged 20% off last year-already snagged one from panera). if you have family members/friends who are not costco members but might enjoy access-snag them some $10 costco giftcards (smallest denomination they do)-it allows them to shop in costco without a membership (i do $10 denominations b/c costco will empty the giftcard balance as the first form of payment for purchases so 5 $10 cards gets my oldest 5 trips vs. a $50 which only gets him 1 trip).

Momtone DD this year wanted a hand held soup blender. Target had them. Off and on sale. In and out of stock. I caught once in stock. :)

not a christmas gift but amazon has some treadmills at over 60% off.

Momtone DD this year wanted a hand held soup blender. Target had them. Off and on sale. In and out of stock. I caught once in stock. :)
It is a good idea - gave her one last year :)

I think we've settled on a clothes steamer. I told her "I have $45 Kohl's Cash I need to spend by Wednesday - pick something" LOL And that's what she picked. Not a surprise, but will be something she wants at least. And since coupons don't apply on what she picked and it's on a good sale for BF, it's a good use of KC. (I got most of the KC from buying myself a new stainless steel pot/pan set - DD doesn't get all the presents! Managed to stack the BF prices late Saturday night with the 30% off coupon and the $10 off $50 coupon - they overlapped for 2 hours again. Yay!)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter