I missed the pre-paid Photopass+

Mom2JaSaKa

Earning My Ears
We have 13 days to go to our trip. I was unsure what Photopass+ was and did not pre-order. I called today and the cast member on the phone told me she could not help me and I would have to pay the full price. Now I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. What does everyone else think?

I don't think it is worth it if you can't do the preorder. I would just preorder the regular photo pass.

I think it depends how long you are going for and how many ride photos you think you'd get.

For us, we would absolutely want every ride photo if we could get it and go on those rides multiple times so even at the higher price it'd be worth it to us.

If you aren't going to be getting many ride photos or character dining photos then I agree with PP that it probably isn't worth it.

We have 13 days to go to our trip. I was unsure what Photopass+ was and did not pre-order. I called today and the cast member on the phone told me she could not help me and I would have to pay the full price. Now I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. What does everyone else think?

I think at 13 days you are ok to order, if you want to take the chance. My voucher came in less than 10 days.

You still have options, but it depends on what kind of photos you're looking for.

If you plan on using the Photopass people a lot and want the ride photos you could pre-order the photoCD (119.95) and then do the Attractions+ (44.95) for $164.90 vs $199.95 for the full price of Photopass+. However it wouldn't have all the same stuff as the Photopass+, like the stock photo CD, worth 39.95 if bought separate, and the dinning locations wouldn't be included. Or if it's more that you want it just for the rides, then you have to decide if the Attractions+ by itself is more worth it for you.

You could still try to pre-order. However, if it hasn't shown up, and you didn't order the required 14 days in advance, they may not help you out in the parks. If you did order it at least 14 days out, then they would help you if for some reason you hadn't received the vouchers.

If you aren't doing any dining, but just want the ride pictures, then you can just pre-order the PhotoCD, and then buy Attractions+ at the park, for about the same price as if you had preordered the PhotoPass+.

It all depends on your comfort level and what you really want to get out of it.

I think I may just pay full price. We really want it for the attractions and magic shots. Because we live on an island we are leaving our home 2 days before our actual check in and am afraid I will not get it in time. That being said, do I still have to pre-purchase or can I just purchase in the park? :confused3

You can purchase it in the parks - you'll just have to pay the full price of $199.

Does anyone know if this is exclusive to staying at a Disney resort or not. Also does that include the pictures taken at the Disney Water Parks (the big slides)

I'd just tell them your date is 14 days from tomorrow so they'll send it to you. I always get it within a week.

I think I may just pay full price. We really want it for the attractions and magic shots.

If you just want those, the PP's idea of buying the normal photopass (which would get you the magic shots) and the Attractions+ photopass (which would get you the attraction pictures) is a good one.

It's just if you want those stock photos and the dining print packages where the Plus is needed.

You could preorder the non-plus photopass, then buy the Attractions+ at the parks.

Does anyone know if this is exclusive to staying at a Disney resort or not. Also does that include the pictures taken at the Disney Water Parks (the big slides)

You don't need to be staying at a Disney resort to pre-order either the regular PhotoPass CD or the PhotoPass + CD. I wasn't aware they had PhotoPass photographers at the big slides at the water parks, but if they do, those pictures would definitely be included.

You don't need to be staying at a Disney resort to pre-order either the regular PhotoPass CD or the PhotoPass + CD. I wasn't aware they had PhotoPass photographers at the big slides at the water parks, but if they do, those pictures would definitely be included.

Thank you for answering my question. Also how early is too early to order?

I am wondering the same thing. I don't want to wait and the price go up before I decide to order. We are going in November.

Yeah I was wondering that too actually. In my excitement over my December trip I want to order it now, but I worry that it's too soon.

Mine came in less than a week of ordering!!! I say it is worth a chance. Preorder it. If it doesn't get to you in time you can always buy it in the park and I am pretty sure you could get a refund on the one that would be at your house when you got home as long as you don't open it. I would guess you would get it in time though. :goodvibes

G719 said:
I am wondering the same thing. I don't want to wait and the price go up before I decide to order. We are going in November.

We are going in November too. I just ordered mine today. We used it last year and I loved it. You can order any time, just don't lose it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter