I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cell Phone Protection warning

For those who use certain cards (particularly the Chase Freedom Flex (CFF)) to pay for their cell phone bill in order to receive cell phone protection coverage:

It appears that, effective 1/1/2022, MasterCard World Elite cards no longer provide cell phone coverage for many of its cards. This includes the Chase Freedom Flex, which is unfortunately how I found this out. I went to file a claim tonight for a phone that was broken over the weekend and the MasterCard website said there are no benefits period provided for my CFF. This was confirmed with two separate conversations with MC representatives who insisted that Chase pulled the coverage. It's frustrating because Chase still advertises the protection as a benefit in the application for the CFF, and it's still listed in the UR portal as a benefit, as well as still showing up in the benefits guide. When I called Chase, the number directs to a third-party benefits administrator who says they can only connect me back to MC. I'm going to try and fight this a bit further tomorrow but as a warning, I would suggest people proactively switch their cell phone payments to the Venture X, AMEX Platinum, or Delta Reserve/Platinum cards, as those cards should still provide the coverage.
Have you tried resubmitting now? There have been multiple reports that it is a MC glitch that benefits aren't being shown for certain cards at times. I've been told right now the Paypal Card is showing as no benefits where last week it was the CFF. It let me start a claim when I put my CFF number in. Would love a DP that it's actually working.

FYI the GAME10 code is eligible again on Dell for XBOX gift cards in case people are trying to liquidate that dell credit.

Anyone sell these cards? I am a big gamer but at this point I already have over $500 in credit and wondering if there is a way to liquidate it even if only getting $75/$80 for it. All of the Gift Card sites seem much lower than that.
I just get "This coupon code is invalid" so this might be ymmv:( I need to pick up Xbox gift cards for ds' 17th birthday.

And I've heard these aren't great to liquidate.

I just get "This coupon code is invalid" so this might be ymmv:( I need to pick up Xbox gift cards for ds' 17th birthday.

And I've heard these aren't great to liquidate.

Yeah I did some digging and that is what I found too for liquidation....I might just use some of my stash to buy some kids movies from the microsoft store. I wish Dell would put up more Playstation/Nintendo games.

Out of my 5 Chase cards I only got an offer on my United card - 5% up to 1500 for groceries, Amazon, and restaurants

Have you tried resubmitting now? There have been multiple reports that it is a MC glitch that benefits aren't being shown for certain cards at times. I've been told right now the Paypal Card is showing as no benefits where last week it was the CFF. It let me start a claim when I put my CFF number in. Would love a DP that it's actually working.

Good timing, was coming to come to update this :) yes, it looks like this is resolved now, at least for the CFF cell phone benefits… I’m going to submit a claim this morning so I’ll report back if it actually went through but so far it actually says I have the benefit and let me start a claim

I haven't had an MSR in over 4 months and finally got myself a new card and I do have these bonus offers. Now I have to decide which card to use! Decisions, decisions. I know for sure I have the 5% on Amazon, grocery and restaurants on both my and DH Hyatt and my IHG, I haven't checked any of the others. I just got the Amex Gold Resy offer specifically because we are about to be on the road for 2 weeks and that we will be spending a lot on restaurants when we normally spend very little. Though I do have 12 months to get the 20% back on restaurants and I just realized the MSR is $4000 in 6 months, not 3. I was already debating whether to put my 12 night Hyatt stay on my new MSR or my Hyatt card. Maybe I will just put everything on the Hyatt card for this trip and start my MSR later. We really don't spend a lot of money so MSR are hard for us to meet sometimes without big bills to help us and I don't currently have any upcoming that I can think of. People using 2 cards MSR to pay tax bills make me :scared1: because our tax bill wouldn't even put a dent in one MSR, lol.

I haven't had an MSR in over 4 months and finally got myself a new card and I do have these bonus offers. Now I have to decide which card to use! Decisions, decisions. I know for sure I have the 5% on Amazon, grocery and restaurants on both my and DH Hyatt and my IHG, I haven't checked any of the others. I just got the Amex Gold Resy offer specifically because we are about to be on the road for 2 weeks and that we will be spending a lot on restaurants when we normally spend very little. Though I do have 12 months to get the 20% back on restaurants and I just realized the MSR is $4000 in 6 months, not 3. I was already debating whether to put my 12 night Hyatt stay on my new MSR or my Hyatt card. Maybe I will just put everything on the Hyatt card for this trip and start my MSR later. We really don't spend a lot of money so MSR are hard for us to meet sometimes without big bills to help us and I don't currently have any upcoming that I can think of. People using 2 cards MSR to pay tax bills make me :scared1: because our tax bill wouldn't even put a dent in one MSR, lol.
I pay all my federal income tax and payroll taxes with my cc so that adds up quickly. The tradeoff is having a K1 instead of a W2 makes everything ridiculously complicated (doing taxes, applying for a mortgage, filling out FAFSA, etc).

I knew my Amazon Prime renewed around now so was hoping to hurry and add my Hyatt as my primary to get 5% on my membership and I missed it by 2 days. 🤦‍♀️ But it did pay out of my GC balance instead of my primary card, I don't remember it ever doing that before. So yay for that at least.

Last edited:
We are supposed to get the nor’easter Monday on LI :(
Yuck. They're threatening freezing rain and ice here. And this is dd's first winter in Atlanta and she refused to take boots or her North Face back with her, so I'm hoping they get a blizzard (just kidding but I think she thinks she's going to college in Southern Florida).

It's not my day. The BF tested positive today. My 16yo has all kinds of symptoms. So my 16yo and I got tested today. Now the 12yo might be sick, and he has a hockey tournament this weekend. UGH! The bright side, if I can get it now, I won't have to worry about testing in Cancun next month.

The other great news.....the fix for my pipe will be $13k! I'm numb. I don't know what to even do. I guess the risk I run waiting is that my pipes could fully collapse and I would be forced to completely replace the pipe from the house to the road. The cost for that is $10K plus the cost to redo the concrete. But to be honest, I need to redo my driveway. The $13k is to run some kind of liner in the pipe instead. So I almost think I'm going to gamble on the pipe for now. I joked w/ the BF that I'm going to start an Only Fans. If I end up doing this, I will for sure be hitting some MSRs on some cards.

You are making me rethink Cancun! But I know that's further than the BF would want to fly. He whined about having to do a trip to Cabo a few months back, LOL.
I have often joked with DH about an OF lol. Or feet pics to pay for disney

I wound up with 3 offers on my cards. Nothing on the Hyatt cards :sad2:

CFU - get 5,000 URs for making 15 purchases each month that are $2 or greater in Jan. Feb. and March. Looks like some Amazon reloads are in order.

Ritz - 5x per $1 up to $1500 spend at Amazon, grocery stores, and restaurants Jan 15 - March 31

IHG - 5x per $1 up to $1500 spend at Amazon, grocery stores, and restaurants Jan 15 - March 31
I don't have anything on any of my cards like this dang it. :sad2:

6 Chase cards, got 1 card with 5000 bonus points if I make 15 purchases over $2 in each of Jan, Feb, March. Sorry, not worth the effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter